Tableland Role Call Reaction Thread

Started by Rathustra, December 18, 2015, 12:04:36 PM

Hello and welcome to the end of the world.

Please post any random reactions, queries and so on to the TABLELAND MEGA ROLE CALL here!

I don't know how it will turn out, but I have a good feeling. I like having a good feeling about big Arm plot stuff. There's gonna be so much brains.

so many things to kill.
Whatever happens, happens.

Hey in the announcement you descibe mul outpost being south-east, it's actually south-west. Just a minor correction.

I:M EXCITED GUYS

I like seeing the Tablelands get some love. Excited to see or hear about some real PC on PC conflict.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on December 18, 2015, 12:41:07 PM
Hey in the announcement you descibe mul outpost being south-east, it's actually south-west. Just a minor correction.

I:M EXCITED GUYS

Oops. Adjusted.

Do we need to add a desription and background and all the character info with our applications? That's not specified.

December 18, 2015, 01:05:03 PM #10 Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 01:06:46 PM by BadSkeelz
The gith will all be PKed within a month. Or captured and held prisoner for language study  ;) At least folks can unstore so this doesn't further depopulate the City.

The Outcast rolecall looks to have a lot more long-term viability and interest.

http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,50273.msg917387.html#new

You say we can store and unstore characters for the gith roles. Does this apply to the other roles like tribals and escaped slaves? Also, can we apply for multiple or all of the roles?

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on December 18, 2015, 12:55:07 PM
Do we need to add a desription and background and all the character info with our applications? That's not specified.

Not if you're applying for a gith. You can work that out if accepted for the role when you get access to the several thousand words of documentation we've got for you.

If you're applying for a different role and you already have a background etc, go ahead, or you can request docs as usual!

Quote from: BadSkeelz on December 18, 2015, 01:05:03 PM
The gith will all be PKed within a month. Or captured and held prisoner for language study  ;) At least folks can unstore so this doesn't further depopulate the City.

The gith roles are limited time frame in nature for a variety of reasons, including as an incentive for our claw feet to get into the thick of things and get bloody because they do have an expiration date!

Quote from: BadSkeelz on December 18, 2015, 01:05:03 PM

Not sure what makes you say this. I mean, you might have a lack of trust in the player-base - but I'm not sure you have applicable experience here? The closest playable clan to the Gith in recent memory (Red Fangs) did not have these problems.

Why not give the application a go? Maybe you'll learn something - or a bit of trust in your fellow players!

The Outcast roolecall does look really cool. And right up my alley. Man. So tempting.

Quote from: Rathustra on December 18, 2015, 01:09:46 PM
Why not give the application a go? Maybe you'll learn something - or a bit of trust in your fellow players!

I played in the AoD too long to have that.

Incidentally, have the new changes to Outlaw subguild gone in yet?

I am brimming with excitement guys. I want this so bad. This came at a perfect time where I was debating storing my current character to roll up a mutant or some sort of desert-raider type. The idea that If I store I can unstore after having done this? That was the cherry on top. That makes this the holy grail of Armageddon for me.

I can't wait to see this play out in-game.

Do the gith have any Guild restrictions?

I think you'll find that out with their documentation after you're accepted for the role. But I assume there will be, much like there is for D-elves. Likely no burglars/assassins/pickpockets.

For all I know Gith have a guild of their own though.

Quote from: BadSkeelz on December 18, 2015, 01:46:08 PM
Do the gith have any Guild restrictions?

Gith applicants should go into the application process with a mundane concept in mind.

gith burglar please

gonna rob all the Luirs' Outpost shantytown
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Shout out to Nathvaan for fixing the code involved in creating gith PCs after I crashed the game once or twice!

Quote from: LauraMars on December 18, 2015, 01:50:52 PM
gith burglar please

gonna rob all the Luirs' Outpost shantytown

I hope gith have the ability to apply the "smelly" tag to items at will.

Clearing a hovel of all its goods just leaves the occupant frustrated with no firm idea who did it. Smearing everything with poop... then they will know who can reach them at will. And they will fear.