Tableland Role Call Reaction Thread

Started by Rathustra, December 18, 2015, 12:04:36 PM

Quote from: Mordiggian on December 18, 2015, 11:32:45 PM
Tribes like the Baizan, N'kala, Seven Spears, and Two Moons are largely artifacts from over a real-world decade ago that still have a lingering foot print in the game. Some of these tribes have camps that you've likely bumped into, but they don't really have any documentation for them and searches on our internal board don't turn up many results, so if at some point we were to undertake a project to make them playable, it would effectively be creating a new tribe from scratch.

Shit, I've seen empty camps and always wondered who lives there and no one IG knew. Do it Mordiggian, make them non virtual.

Quote from: Mordiggian on December 18, 2015, 11:35:41 PM
The Jul Tavan still travel the Known World to sell rugs and wear lots of jewelry!

How am I supposed to get my gith-skin rug mastercrafted if they're not included in this role-call?

I might have to go to Kurac or something. I'm pretty sure gith skin rugs qualify as desert survival gear.
As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.

Quote from: Mordiggian on December 18, 2015, 11:35:41 PM
The Jul Tavan still travel the Known World to sell rugs and wear lots of jewelry!

*Wears tons of jewelry, offers Taven a rug*

Jul Tavan.

The world is...changing. Things that were are no more, things that are offer no comfort of immutability, things that will come are whispers and visions in the night.

There is only tribe, blood. Yet in these times, even blood is unsure. To adapt and change..to become, is something only the strongest can do.

At your table, the XXXXXXXX templar says in sirihish, echoing:
     "Everyone is SAFE in His Walls."

Quote from: roobee on December 18, 2015, 01:05:16 PM
You say we can store and unstore characters for the gith roles. Does this apply to the other roles like tribals and escaped slaves? Also, can we apply for multiple or all of the roles?
First part was answered in another thread. Only gith roles can be unstored. What about second? Can we apply for multiple or all of the roles?

Quote from: roobee on December 19, 2015, 02:56:12 PM
Quote from: roobee on December 18, 2015, 01:05:16 PM
You say we can store and unstore characters for the gith roles. Does this apply to the other roles like tribals and escaped slaves? Also, can we apply for multiple or all of the roles?
First part was answered in another thread. Only gith roles can be unstored. What about second? Can we apply for multiple or all of the roles?

The gith role call is the only actual role call. All the other 'roles' are character concepts that were entirely available before our series of announcement posts. Thus, applying to those clans uses the typical method.

That is to say:
~Human tribals: Put in a role application with a concept. Be approved and set to start in game as a human tribal.
~Desert elves: If mundane - put in application in game for a desert elf from a coded d-elf tribe. If magicker - submit a role application request. Get approved and then apply in game.
~Outlaws, escaped slaves, etc. - apply in game, select Red Storm for starting area. Use Red Storm starting shops to get slave tattoos or criminal brands.

So its safe to say that the Gith is the only special-app/staff-sponsored role, everything else is just "likely to receive staff support to tie in with a plot line"?
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

The indies/tribal team has been actively supporting our current crop of PCs and their plots and aspirations, as well as their efforts toward the goings-on hinted at in the various coming soon posts. Soon... their brains will be ripe for harvesting.

Your assessment is correct, however! If you're applying for a character in one of our tribes, we can work with you to provide interesting story hooks for your PC. We have, for example, a couple PCs who previously existed as NPC children, and PCs we arranged as siblings, among other things.

There ARE actually things going on outside the Tablelands... and PCs in the tablelands will end up dead, some will reroll in Nak. On the whole, it strikes me as good for the game. Things like this will rekindle interest, and while the results may not be immediately recognizable, in the long term it'll be good. Also, there's totally ways to get involved with these plots without starting in the tablelands.

Glad we finally put the role call out for the gith! I've been on the edge of my seat for that announcement to go live since I came on staff  :D

Quote from: Jave on December 20, 2015, 06:07:57 PM
Glad we finally put the role call out for the gith! I've been on the edge of my seat for that announcement to go live since I came on staff  :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUlclgxgNAo

Ah, the call to battle.
Fall in men, it's time for war.

Is there documentation on the Two Moons? I want to know more about them.
3/21/16 Never Forget

Not that I'm aware of!

To my knowledge, the Two Moons functioned similarly to the Sun Runners, as a trade-focused tribe. However, this was all a long time ago (in real world time), before the Sun Runners were even a blip on the map! Gotta keep in mind the game has been around longer than some of the people playing it have, so there are some relics of the past that soldier on!

Quote from: Rathustra link=Tablelands MEGA ROLE CALL
Don't worry if you've not heard anything yet. We'll be getting back to everyone soon to let you know the status of your application!

Thanks for the announcement. I was being anxious. Though I shouldn't be. I actually mailed staff my dirty laundry to demonstrate my unique aromatic qualifications for the role. If that doesn't sway them in my favor, I don't know what will.
Quote from: musashiengaging in autoerotic asphyxiation is no excuse for sloppy grammer!!!

Armageddon.org

I misread this as Tableland Role Call Rejection Thread and saw it was huge and was like 'awww' :(

We had around 30 applications.

This is the biggest response to any role call I've ever seen, let alone been a part of. We had an amazing variety of players and gith that the selection process began from day one and ran right up until the hour before we sent out our responses.

While the gith came in we've also seen an upswing in interest in the Tablelands and the cultures that exist there. We are currently rocking a volatile and exciting array of personalities in each of the tribes - garnished by a sprinkling of indies. We're about to add a dish of gith to this concoction and I have every expectation that it's going to explode.

Thanks everyone who applied and who's taken a peek at this project. I look forward to having a post-mortem when we've finished having fun in the sandpit.

So excited to see how this project turns out.  Every sign points to it being awesome so far.