Tableland Role Call Reaction Thread

Started by Rathustra, December 18, 2015, 12:04:36 PM

Hello and welcome to the end of the world.

Please post any random reactions, queries and so on to the TABLELAND MEGA ROLE CALL here!

I don't know how it will turn out, but I have a good feeling. I like having a good feeling about big Arm plot stuff. There's gonna be so much brains.

so many things to kill.
Whatever happens, happens.

Hey in the announcement you descibe mul outpost being south-east, it's actually south-west. Just a minor correction.

I:M EXCITED GUYS

I like seeing the Tablelands get some love. Excited to see or hear about some real PC on PC conflict.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on December 18, 2015, 12:41:07 PM
Hey in the announcement you descibe mul outpost being south-east, it's actually south-west. Just a minor correction.

I:M EXCITED GUYS

Oops. Adjusted.

Do we need to add a desription and background and all the character info with our applications? That's not specified.

December 18, 2015, 01:05:03 PM #10 Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 01:06:46 PM by BadSkeelz
The gith will all be PKed within a month. Or captured and held prisoner for language study  ;) At least folks can unstore so this doesn't further depopulate the City.

The Outcast rolecall looks to have a lot more long-term viability and interest.

http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,50273.msg917387.html#new

You say we can store and unstore characters for the gith roles. Does this apply to the other roles like tribals and escaped slaves? Also, can we apply for multiple or all of the roles?

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on December 18, 2015, 12:55:07 PM
Do we need to add a desription and background and all the character info with our applications? That's not specified.

Not if you're applying for a gith. You can work that out if accepted for the role when you get access to the several thousand words of documentation we've got for you.

If you're applying for a different role and you already have a background etc, go ahead, or you can request docs as usual!

Quote from: BadSkeelz on December 18, 2015, 01:05:03 PM
The gith will all be PKed within a month. Or captured and held prisoner for language study  ;) At least folks can unstore so this doesn't further depopulate the City.

The gith roles are limited time frame in nature for a variety of reasons, including as an incentive for our claw feet to get into the thick of things and get bloody because they do have an expiration date!

Quote from: BadSkeelz on December 18, 2015, 01:05:03 PM

Not sure what makes you say this. I mean, you might have a lack of trust in the player-base - but I'm not sure you have applicable experience here? The closest playable clan to the Gith in recent memory (Red Fangs) did not have these problems.

Why not give the application a go? Maybe you'll learn something - or a bit of trust in your fellow players!

The Outcast roolecall does look really cool. And right up my alley. Man. So tempting.

Quote from: Rathustra on December 18, 2015, 01:09:46 PM
Why not give the application a go? Maybe you'll learn something - or a bit of trust in your fellow players!

I played in the AoD too long to have that.

Incidentally, have the new changes to Outlaw subguild gone in yet?

I am brimming with excitement guys. I want this so bad. This came at a perfect time where I was debating storing my current character to roll up a mutant or some sort of desert-raider type. The idea that If I store I can unstore after having done this? That was the cherry on top. That makes this the holy grail of Armageddon for me.

I can't wait to see this play out in-game.

Do the gith have any Guild restrictions?

I think you'll find that out with their documentation after you're accepted for the role. But I assume there will be, much like there is for D-elves. Likely no burglars/assassins/pickpockets.

For all I know Gith have a guild of their own though.

Quote from: BadSkeelz on December 18, 2015, 01:46:08 PM
Do the gith have any Guild restrictions?

Gith applicants should go into the application process with a mundane concept in mind.

gith burglar please

gonna rob all the Luirs' Outpost shantytown
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Shout out to Nathvaan for fixing the code involved in creating gith PCs after I crashed the game once or twice!

Quote from: LauraMars on December 18, 2015, 01:50:52 PM
gith burglar please

gonna rob all the Luirs' Outpost shantytown

I hope gith have the ability to apply the "smelly" tag to items at will.

Clearing a hovel of all its goods just leaves the occupant frustrated with no firm idea who did it. Smearing everything with poop... then they will know who can reach them at will. And they will fear.

The idea of a Gith being sneaky inside of cities is silly. Unless they all started taking baths, they would be noticed right away.

They were sneaky in cities often, before.  And it wasn't weird because they were always there.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Because our characters all smell so much better than gith when they come back from a week-long hunting trip... ;)

Quote from: Delirium on December 18, 2015, 02:03:11 PM
Because our characters all smell so much better than gith when they come back from a week-long hunting trip... ;)

Oh trust me - they do. Eu de gith is a unique fragrance.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on December 18, 2015, 01:58:05 PM
The idea of a Gith being sneaky inside of cities is silly.

tell that to Borsail

also I don't really want to be a gith burglar

warrior/outdoorsman all the way
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Quote from: Rathustra on December 18, 2015, 02:21:40 PM
Quote from: Desertman on December 18, 2015, 02:19:17 PM

This one's a belgoi!

Scrabshit man!

That's a lanky, blue-skinned gith if'n I done ever seen any!!!

(You are right, I did not know this was a thing. They will be in my tabletop D&D compaign at some point now.)
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

Quote from: Desertman on December 18, 2015, 02:23:26 PM
Quote from: Rathustra on December 18, 2015, 02:21:40 PM
Quote from: Desertman on December 18, 2015, 02:19:17 PM

This one's a belgoi!

Scrabshit man!

That's a lanky, blue-skinned gith if'n I done ever seen any!!!

(You are right, I did not know this was a thing. They will be in my tabletop D&D compaign at some point now.)

l belgoi
A gaunt, humanoid figure crouches here clutching a steel tipped spear.
It occasionally mutters and wheezes to itself, revealing an empty
toothless mouth.  A copper bell tied at its side rings as he moves
in an almost hypnotic fashion.
A grim belgoi chieftain is in excellent condition.

He is carrying:
nothing obvious

You're quite a few Kings Ages out of date.

Just store everyone and ship us all into tablelands!

Not feeling the desert wastes?

Want to stick with Allanak but still victimize the 'free folk' of the wastes?

Consider making a Bounty Hunter PC - with just a merchant's license and the right bribes to the right nobles you too could operate as an independent man hunter. Byn training is optional - but the ancient art of bringing criminals, slaves and undesirables back to face justice (or back in a bag) is an unexplored niche that should be becoming quite profitable.

Only one of the roles I've advertised today were closed up until this point - and it was Mordiggian's idea that started the push to get them open. Everything else has been in the game and available since I was on staff - I'm just shining a light on it!

I can see the addition of being able to app escaped slaves who can be identified by their tattoos as being a great addition to the game. (With the tattoos being in a uniform location where they would be almost always visible, or least easily searched for.)

Specifically, I can see this being a great addition for Borsail Wyvern players.

For me personally I have always thought the concept behind Borsail Wyverns sucked. I don't want to be the "Monster Rancher/Pokémon Catcher" for the arena. Some people might love that, but I wouldn't. Why don't I like this role? Because I'm a slaver who can't actually slave outside of the rare escaped mul which only comes around when someone with high enough karma apps one....Then I'm a slaver who's actually not a slaver...now I'm a fucking epic monster chaser. The one slave I can go after isn't just a slave, it's a monstrosity of nature. Going after a mul isn't slaving....it's taking down a raid boss. That's also fine, and I can see that being fun, but I don't want that to be the only dynamic I have to the role outside of being the Crocodile Hunter for the arena.

Where I'm going with this....I would love to see this "Inked Escaped Slave" role become a more popular thing that requires no karma. Wyverns could actually then hunt these slaves when they make their appearance in the world. Maybe they catch them, maybe they get fucked up by this escaped slave who actually becomes a badass (and not because they are a mul).

If they get caught by the Wyverns and brought back alive, they get stored of course since we don't allow PC slavery at this time outside of special applications.

I can see this being a great addition to the game.

This read as a "The Wyvern Concept Sucks Post", and I hate that it turned out that way, but I do personally think it sucks. The real point to this post is that if these tattooed escaped slaves become a more common thing, I can see this making Wyverns interesting enough an meaningful enough that I might even play one and enjoy it. I like where this is going.

Can't gith read or write?
I thought it said something about their language being written and shit.
Then again they are also raiding shit lords so who cares.

Quote from: Desertman on December 18, 2015, 04:52:46 PM
I can see the addition of being able to app escaped slaves who can be identified by their tattoos as being a great addition to the game. (With the tattoos being in a uniform location where they would be almost always visible, or least easily searched for.)

For me personally I have always thought the concept behind Borsail Wyverns sucked. I don't want to be the "Monster Rancher/Pokémon Catcher" for the arena. Some people might love that, but I wouldn't. Why don't I like this role? Because I'm a slaver who can't actually slave outside of the rare escaped mul which only comes around when someone with high enough karma apps one....Then I'm a slaver who's actually not a slaver...now I'm a fucking epic monster chaser. The one slave I can go after isn't just a slave, it's a monstrosity of nature. Going after a mul isn't slaving....it's taking down a raid boss. That's also fine, and I can see that being fun, but I don't want that to be the only dynamic I have to the role outside of being the Crocodile Hunter for the arena.

Where I'm going with this....I would love to see this "Inked Escaped Slave" role become a more popular thing that requires no karma. Wyverns could actually then hunt these slaves when they make their appearance in the world. Maybe they catch them, maybe they get fucked up by this escaped slave who actually becomes a badass (and not because they are a mul).

If they get caught by the Wyverns and brought back alive, they get stored of course since we don't allow PC slavery at this time outside of special applications.

This read as a "The Wyvern Concept Sucks Post", and I hate that it turned out that way, but I do personally think it sucks. The real point to this post is that if these tattooed escaped slaves become a more common thing, I can see this making Wyverns interesting enough an meaningful enough that I might even play one and enjoy it. I like where this is going.

The Red Storm starter shops have a room where you can buy slave tattoos for 0 coins. Anyone. Literally anyone who can start in Red Storm can play an escaped slave. They could up until this point but it wasn't well advertised. Want to play an escaped human outlaw? Put that in your bio, apply for your 0k assassin/scavenger and in the starter shops get the disfiguring cross brand on your face. Tell Nakki Templar clan staff your deal in your first character report. That's all it takes. Anyone can play an escaped slave.

Unless I misunderstand what you were saying. But to reiterate - this is not new - anyone could play the slave role as I advertised it already - I just pointed it out.

Quote from: Rathustra on December 18, 2015, 04:56:58 PM

The Red Storm starter shops have a room where you can buy slave tattoos for 0 coins. Anyone. Literally anyone who can start in Red Storm can play an escaped slave. They could up until this point but it wasn't well advertised. Want to play an escaped human outlaw? Put that in your bio, apply for your 0k assassin/scavenger and in the starter shops get the disfiguring cross brand on your face. Tell Nakki Templar clan staff your deal in your first character report. That's all it takes. Anyone can play an escaped slave.

Unless I misunderstand what you were saying. But to reiterate - this is not new - anyone could play the slave role as I advertised it already - I just pointed it out.
By first character report do you mean your starting bio or when you get in game?

Quote from: Jihelu on December 18, 2015, 04:58:43 PM

By first character report do you mean your starting bio or when you get in game?

Give it about a week in game then shoot a character report in describing your adventures, CC in the relevant clan (Borsai: House Borsail, Kasix: Allanaki Nobles/Templarate, Templarate Slaves/Enslaved Outlaws: Allanaki Templarate) and mention in the report itself how your character escaped, roughly when, etc.

You can also get a Borsail brand and a Kasix brand there too.

December 18, 2015, 05:06:19 PM #47 Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 05:11:42 PM by Desertman

I DID think this was new. I'm a bit sad I didn't know this was here all along. Playing the escaped human slave that Wyverns can actually hunt and that I can actually be the renegade against sounds super fun. I would like doing this from both ends of the conflict actually.

Quote from: Rathustra on December 18, 2015, 04:49:11 PM
Only one of the roles I've advertised today were closed up until this point - and it was Mordiggian's idea that started the push to get them open. Everything else has been in the game and available since I was on staff - I'm just shining a light on it!

Humble too!

Well Mordiggian and other staff efforts are really awesome right.  Sure a lot of that stuff was already there... but in my opinion if felt static, rather just a section of the world forgotten by time. 

To see the table lands and its inhabits treated like a city-state in terms of staff attention.  Is awesome.  Perhaps it was something always there (staff working with the tribals/delfs) But never this much publicity.  It feels incredibly fresh to see so much excitement around it.

TL;DR Good work staff.

December 18, 2015, 05:11:23 PM #49 Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 05:13:25 PM by Desertman
I don't want to derail your post either....

But I DO hope that there are documented scaling rewards that Wyverns receive when they capture escaped slaves for the House.

Ribbons/Badges?
Special Gear?
Money?
Special Tattoos?
Titles?

Accolades that say, "This Wyvern isn't just another House guard. This guy/gal is a fucking badass who is a REAL slaver who has done some SHIT!". (A super incentive both IC'ly and OOC'ly to promote the actual slaving dynamic of this profession. If you are the Wyvern who just trains and follows a noble around inside the city your whole life, no offense, but I don't care about your existence and I don't want to be you.)

With each of these getting more and more grand/scaling as the Wyvern in question manages to capture more and more escaped slaves/more powerful escaped slaves.

Why documented? Because I'm the sort of person who wants my accomplishments to have somewhat set and solid rewards in place that I can look forward to and work towards. If what I get rewarded with is based entirely on if "Noble Amos is online at any time this month.", it sort of takes some wind out of my sails.

You are really talking about a particular unit of the Wyverns that does slaving.  Other units do other things.

But none of them are open.

Quote from: Brokkr on December 18, 2015, 05:29:05 PM
You are really talking about a particular unit of the Wyverns that does slaving.  Other units do other things.

But none of them are open.

Hmm.

Well if you ever decide to reopen them, please consider this before reopening them. I can see it generating a lot more interest in the role.

Quote from: Rathustra on December 18, 2015, 04:39:44 PM
Not feeling the desert wastes?

Want to stick with Allanak but still victimize the 'free folk' of the wastes?

Consider making a Bounty Hunter PC - with just a merchant's license and the right bribes to the right nobles you too could operate as an independent man hunter. Byn training is optional - but the ancient art of bringing criminals, slaves and undesirables back to face justice (or back in a bag) is an unexplored niche that should be becoming quite profitable.

He was Arm of the Dragon, and good at his job, but then he committed the ultimate sin and snitched on other Arm of the Dragon gone bad. Arm of the Dragon that tried to kill him but got the woman he loved instead. Framed for murder now he prowls the tablelands. An Outlaw hunting Outlaws. A Bounty Hunter. A Renegade!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-F_Tk3Ep8oU
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

Amazing!
The neat, clean-shaven man sends you a telepathic message:
     "I tried hairy...Im sorry"

Bounty hunting is only as viable as the powers that be make it.

It should be a common profession, but so should raiding.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Quote from: Armaddict on December 18, 2015, 06:52:26 PM
Bounty hunting is only as viable as the powers that be make it.

It should be a common profession, but so should raiding.

Well, if the sdesc of every escaped slave is known to the Templarate, it should be a simple matter of bringing back a matching head.

Holy shit Bushranger. I forgot about that show. Watched when I was like... 9 and loved it. Now it's so damn cheesy it's almost parody.

I'm guessing you could spec app a Labriinth start up with the slave inklings and southern accent? Or  maybe even a Winrothol inked in Luirs??

What! THere was a gith role call while I was working seven days a week? Also, I haz a character I don't want to store.   Sad, sad, sad face. :(
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on December 18, 2015, 08:39:13 PM
What! THere was a gith role call while I was working seven days a week? Also, I haz a character I don't want to store.   Sad, sad, sad face. :(

It's only temporary storage, though!

I actually made a whole documentation about the gith reflecting their culture.

Culture
There are several types of rituals and how they are conducted, and they vary from tribe to tribe. The purpose for the rituals vary on the situations, and for each situation or event, there is one ritual to conduct it as. Multiple Gith tribes could be involved in order for better bonding between them. One tribe may even teach another on how they conduct their rituals, making an even stronger bond.

A tribe of Gith consists of around thirty to sixty members per. There are only a few differences between tribes, that being the way they sacrifice and what they sacrifice, how they conduct rituals and gatherings and how they live environmental wise (while still keeping to the rules of their culture). Their symbols they go by are never depicting anything living or living-related (the exception being depictions of Gith, obviously, as long as it doesn't depict them doing anything to do with other living things such as planting, having a bird/beast with it etc.). The Gith live in tents and huts made of hide, wood or bone. Sometimes, if they manage to do such, they will live inside of caves, abandoned buildings or conquered places.

In order to determine how long a Gith would live for, a one-year-old would receive a cut along their ankles. The lighter the blood is, the shorter a Gith would be able to live for. During the lifetime of a Gith, after it reaches the age of ten, the Gith would obtain it's tribal marking on it's head, carved with a dagger. At the age of twenty, the Gith will go on it's first hunt with the tribe, and the Gith would be able to dine on it's kill. Nobody is able to explain the anomaly as to why the Gith don't seem to have signs they are aging, yet they weaken physically over time.

Behavior
All Gith share diets of meat and meat only, and would always eat meat uncooked. They will send hunters to hunt for any living thing with meat on themselves regularly throughout the day and night. If given the option, they would refuse to drink water, and instead would drink blood. Fruits and vegetables are eaten too, but the foraged goods themselves are never grown by the Gith due to the Gith beliefs. Because of this, the Gith would rather prefer raiding, or they would cut and destroy the grower of said fruit/vegetable once the Gith are done harvesting.

Despite their death rates, the Gith have a fertility rate just as high. A female could have one to five children per birth session. It takes a year for a baby to grow into childhood, and it takes nine years for them to become youths. At age fifteen, they become fully grown adults. Depending on how long they could live for, they become elderly at the ages of twenty to thirty, and they stop developing strength and endurance at around two years after their elder stage in life.

Ladies and gentlemen, I even developed a language for the savages.

Quote from: solera on December 18, 2015, 07:20:03 PM
I'm guessing you could spec app a Labriinth start up with the slave inklings and southern accent? Or  maybe even a Winrothol inked in Luirs??

For an escaped slave PC starting with options outside of the usual chargen process, you would definitely need to get in touch with us to facilitate.

As an aside, for those of you who don't like leaving Allanak, fret not! Team Evershine is in the early stages of plotting our next Premium Internet Deluxe Text Roleplay Murderpit Experienceâ„¢ and it will be closer to home!

I feel as though the wyverns may have been closed in part due to how profoundly and colossally bad I was at running them.

Quote from: deathkamon on December 18, 2015, 08:59:21 PM

Culture
There are several types of rituals and how they are conducted, and they vary from tribe to tribe. The purpose for the rituals vary on the situations, and for each situation or event, there is one ritual to conduct it as. Multiple Gith tribes could be involved in order for better bonding between them. One tribe may even teach another on how they conduct their rituals, making an even stronger bond.

A tribe of Gith consists of around thirty to sixty members per. There are only a few differences between tribes, that being the way they sacrifice and what they sacrifice, how they conduct rituals and gatherings and how they live environmental wise (while still keeping to the rules of their culture). Their symbols they go by are never depicting anything living or living-related (the exception being depictions of Gith, obviously, as long as it doesn't depict them doing anything to do with other living things such as planting, having a bird/beast with it etc.). The Gith live in tents and huts made of hide, wood or bone. Sometimes, if they manage to do such, they will live inside of caves, abandoned buildings or conquered places.

In order to determine how long a Gith would live for, a one-year-old would receive a cut along their ankles. The lighter the blood is, the shorter a Gith would be able to live for. During the lifetime of a Gith, after it reaches the age of ten, the Gith would obtain it's tribal marking on it's head, carved with a dagger. At the age of twenty, the Gith will go on it's first hunt with the tribe, and the Gith would be able to dine on it's kill. Nobody is able to explain the anomaly as to why the Gith don't seem to have signs they are aging, yet they weaken physically over time.

Behavior
All Gith share diets of meat and meat only, and would always eat meat uncooked. They will send hunters to hunt for any living thing with meat on themselves regularly throughout the day and night. If given the option, they would refuse to drink water, and instead would drink blood. Fruits and vegetables are eaten too, but the foraged goods themselves are never grown by the Gith due to the Gith beliefs. Because of this, the Gith would rather prefer raiding, or they would cut and destroy the grower of said fruit/vegetable once the Gith are done harvesting.

Despite their death rates, the Gith have a fertility rate just as high. A female could have one to five children per birth session. It takes a year for a baby to grow into childhood, and it takes nine years for them to become youths. At age fifteen, they become fully grown adults. Depending on how long they could live for, they become elderly at the ages of twenty to thirty, and they stop developing strength and endurance at around two years after their elder stage in life.

What the shit are you talking about man?

Ex-slave gang when? Desert rinthis when?

Quote from: Desertman on December 18, 2015, 10:13:00 PM
Quote from: deathkamon on December 18, 2015, 08:59:21 PM

Culture

Behavior

What the shit are you talking about man?

Looks like enthusiasm! We've got a full set of gith documents already - we've kept the core docs from when Gith were last playable and we've updated them to match the modern way of documenting tribes. Prospective gith will get access to them when they're picked to get in game. We've used these docs to guide our writing on the gith so far - in our stories and descriptions in the mega role call.

It's interesting thinking about what we've used and built upon and what you've produced, deathkamon - there are a few similarities!

I really do hope some new tribes spring after this. N'kala, Fleeting winds, Kaizan?

Those groups have all had various degrees of non-virtual presence in the game world for a long time!

Quote from: spicemustflow on December 18, 2015, 11:10:05 PM
I really do hope some new tribes spring after this. N'kala, Fleeting winds, Kaizan?

Are those real things?  Are they documented anywhere?
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

They're mentioned Rath's big mega rolecall post as "smaller elf tribes."

I'd totally store my Byn PC to play a stinky, smelly, covered in shit, depraved warrior everyone hates!

...wait.

As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.

Tribes like the Baizan, N'kala, Seven Spears, and Two Moons are largely artifacts from over a real-world decade ago that still have a lingering foot print in the game. Some of these tribes have camps that you've likely bumped into, but they don't really have any documentation for them and searches on our internal board don't turn up many results, so if at some point we were to undertake a project to make them playable, it would effectively be creating a new tribe from scratch.

More seriously, what happened to the Jul Tavan?

The Jul Tavan still travel the Known World to sell rugs and wear lots of jewelry!

Quote from: Mordiggian on December 18, 2015, 11:32:45 PM
Tribes like the Baizan, N'kala, Seven Spears, and Two Moons are largely artifacts from over a real-world decade ago that still have a lingering foot print in the game. Some of these tribes have camps that you've likely bumped into, but they don't really have any documentation for them and searches on our internal board don't turn up many results, so if at some point we were to undertake a project to make them playable, it would effectively be creating a new tribe from scratch.

Shit, I've seen empty camps and always wondered who lives there and no one IG knew. Do it Mordiggian, make them non virtual.

Quote from: Mordiggian on December 18, 2015, 11:35:41 PM
The Jul Tavan still travel the Known World to sell rugs and wear lots of jewelry!

How am I supposed to get my gith-skin rug mastercrafted if they're not included in this role-call?

I might have to go to Kurac or something. I'm pretty sure gith skin rugs qualify as desert survival gear.

Quote from: Mordiggian on December 18, 2015, 11:35:41 PM

*Wears tons of jewelry, offers Taven a rug*

Jul Tavan.

The world is...changing. Things that were are no more, things that are offer no comfort of immutability, things that will come are whispers and visions in the night.

There is only tribe, blood. Yet in these times, even blood is unsure. To adapt and change..to become, is something only the strongest can do.

At your table, the XXXXXXXX templar says in sirihish, echoing:
     "Everyone is SAFE in His Walls."

Quote from: roobee on December 18, 2015, 01:05:16 PM
You say we can store and unstore characters for the gith roles. Does this apply to the other roles like tribals and escaped slaves? Also, can we apply for multiple or all of the roles?
First part was answered in another thread. Only gith roles can be unstored. What about second? Can we apply for multiple or all of the roles?

Quote from: roobee on December 19, 2015, 02:56:12 PM
Quote from: roobee on December 18, 2015, 01:05:16 PM
First part was answered in another thread. Only gith roles can be unstored. What about second? Can we apply for multiple or all of the roles?

The gith role call is the only actual role call. All the other 'roles' are character concepts that were entirely available before our series of announcement posts. Thus, applying to those clans uses the typical method.

That is to say:
~Human tribals: Put in a role application with a concept. Be approved and set to start in game as a human tribal.
~Desert elves: If mundane - put in application in game for a desert elf from a coded d-elf tribe. If magicker - submit a role application request. Get approved and then apply in game.
~Outlaws, escaped slaves, etc. - apply in game, select Red Storm for starting area. Use Red Storm starting shops to get slave tattoos or criminal brands.

So its safe to say that the Gith is the only special-app/staff-sponsored role, everything else is just "likely to receive staff support to tie in with a plot line"?
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

The indies/tribal team has been actively supporting our current crop of PCs and their plots and aspirations, as well as their efforts toward the goings-on hinted at in the various coming soon posts. Soon... their brains will be ripe for harvesting.

Your assessment is correct, however! If you're applying for a character in one of our tribes, we can work with you to provide interesting story hooks for your PC. We have, for example, a couple PCs who previously existed as NPC children, and PCs we arranged as siblings, among other things.

There ARE actually things going on outside the Tablelands... and PCs in the tablelands will end up dead, some will reroll in Nak. On the whole, it strikes me as good for the game. Things like this will rekindle interest, and while the results may not be immediately recognizable, in the long term it'll be good. Also, there's totally ways to get involved with these plots without starting in the tablelands.

Glad we finally put the role call out for the gith! I've been on the edge of my seat for that announcement to go live since I came on staff  :D

Quote from: Jave on December 20, 2015, 06:07:57 PM
Glad we finally put the role call out for the gith! I've been on the edge of my seat for that announcement to go live since I came on staff  :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUlclgxgNAo

Ah, the call to battle.
Fall in men, it's time for war.

Is there documentation on the Two Moons? I want to know more about them.
3/21/16 Never Forget

Not that I'm aware of!

To my knowledge, the Two Moons functioned similarly to the Sun Runners, as a trade-focused tribe. However, this was all a long time ago (in real world time), before the Sun Runners were even a blip on the map! Gotta keep in mind the game has been around longer than some of the people playing it have, so there are some relics of the past that soldier on!

Quote from: Rathustra link=Tablelands MEGA ROLE CALL
Don't worry if you've not heard anything yet. We'll be getting back to everyone soon to let you know the status of your application!

Thanks for the announcement. I was being anxious. Though I shouldn't be. I actually mailed staff my dirty laundry to demonstrate my unique aromatic qualifications for the role. If that doesn't sway them in my favor, I don't know what will.
Quote from: musashiengaging in autoerotic asphyxiation is no excuse for sloppy grammer!!!

Armageddon.org

I misread this as Tableland Role Call Rejection Thread and saw it was huge and was like 'awww' :(

We had around 30 applications.

This is the biggest response to any role call I've ever seen, let alone been a part of. We had an amazing variety of players and gith that the selection process began from day one and ran right up until the hour before we sent out our responses.

While the gith came in we've also seen an upswing in interest in the Tablelands and the cultures that exist there. We are currently rocking a volatile and exciting array of personalities in each of the tribes - garnished by a sprinkling of indies. We're about to add a dish of gith to this concoction and I have every expectation that it's going to explode.

Thanks everyone who applied and who's taken a peek at this project. I look forward to having a post-mortem when we've finished having fun in the sandpit.

So excited to see how this project turns out.  Every sign points to it being awesome so far.