Tableland Role Call Reaction Thread

Started by Rathustra, December 18, 2015, 12:04:36 PM

The idea of a Gith being sneaky inside of cities is silly. Unless they all started taking baths, they would be noticed right away.

They were sneaky in cities often, before.  And it wasn't weird because they were always there.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Because our characters all smell so much better than gith when they come back from a week-long hunting trip... ;)

Quote from: Delirium on December 18, 2015, 02:03:11 PM
Because our characters all smell so much better than gith when they come back from a week-long hunting trip... ;)

Oh trust me - they do. Eu de gith is a unique fragrance.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on December 18, 2015, 01:58:05 PM
The idea of a Gith being sneaky inside of cities is silly.

tell that to Borsail

also I don't really want to be a gith burglar

warrior/outdoorsman all the way
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Quote from: Rathustra on December 18, 2015, 02:21:40 PM
Quote from: Desertman on December 18, 2015, 02:19:17 PM

This one's a belgoi!

Scrabshit man!

That's a lanky, blue-skinned gith if'n I done ever seen any!!!

(You are right, I did not know this was a thing. They will be in my tabletop D&D compaign at some point now.)
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

Quote from: Desertman on December 18, 2015, 02:23:26 PM
Quote from: Rathustra on December 18, 2015, 02:21:40 PM
Quote from: Desertman on December 18, 2015, 02:19:17 PM

This one's a belgoi!

Scrabshit man!

That's a lanky, blue-skinned gith if'n I done ever seen any!!!

(You are right, I did not know this was a thing. They will be in my tabletop D&D compaign at some point now.)

l belgoi
A gaunt, humanoid figure crouches here clutching a steel tipped spear.
It occasionally mutters and wheezes to itself, revealing an empty
toothless mouth.  A copper bell tied at its side rings as he moves
in an almost hypnotic fashion.
A grim belgoi chieftain is in excellent condition.

He is carrying:
nothing obvious

You're quite a few Kings Ages out of date.

Just store everyone and ship us all into tablelands!

Not feeling the desert wastes?

Want to stick with Allanak but still victimize the 'free folk' of the wastes?

Consider making a Bounty Hunter PC - with just a merchant's license and the right bribes to the right nobles you too could operate as an independent man hunter. Byn training is optional - but the ancient art of bringing criminals, slaves and undesirables back to face justice (or back in a bag) is an unexplored niche that should be becoming quite profitable.

Only one of the roles I've advertised today were closed up until this point - and it was Mordiggian's idea that started the push to get them open. Everything else has been in the game and available since I was on staff - I'm just shining a light on it!

I can see the addition of being able to app escaped slaves who can be identified by their tattoos as being a great addition to the game. (With the tattoos being in a uniform location where they would be almost always visible, or least easily searched for.)

Specifically, I can see this being a great addition for Borsail Wyvern players.

For me personally I have always thought the concept behind Borsail Wyverns sucked. I don't want to be the "Monster Rancher/Pokémon Catcher" for the arena. Some people might love that, but I wouldn't. Why don't I like this role? Because I'm a slaver who can't actually slave outside of the rare escaped mul which only comes around when someone with high enough karma apps one....Then I'm a slaver who's actually not a slaver...now I'm a fucking epic monster chaser. The one slave I can go after isn't just a slave, it's a monstrosity of nature. Going after a mul isn't slaving....it's taking down a raid boss. That's also fine, and I can see that being fun, but I don't want that to be the only dynamic I have to the role outside of being the Crocodile Hunter for the arena.

Where I'm going with this....I would love to see this "Inked Escaped Slave" role become a more popular thing that requires no karma. Wyverns could actually then hunt these slaves when they make their appearance in the world. Maybe they catch them, maybe they get fucked up by this escaped slave who actually becomes a badass (and not because they are a mul).

If they get caught by the Wyverns and brought back alive, they get stored of course since we don't allow PC slavery at this time outside of special applications.

I can see this being a great addition to the game.

This read as a "The Wyvern Concept Sucks Post", and I hate that it turned out that way, but I do personally think it sucks. The real point to this post is that if these tattooed escaped slaves become a more common thing, I can see this making Wyverns interesting enough an meaningful enough that I might even play one and enjoy it. I like where this is going.

Can't gith read or write?
I thought it said something about their language being written and shit.
Then again they are also raiding shit lords so who cares.

Quote from: Desertman on December 18, 2015, 04:52:46 PM
I can see the addition of being able to app escaped slaves who can be identified by their tattoos as being a great addition to the game. (With the tattoos being in a uniform location where they would be almost always visible, or least easily searched for.)

For me personally I have always thought the concept behind Borsail Wyverns sucked. I don't want to be the "Monster Rancher/Pokémon Catcher" for the arena. Some people might love that, but I wouldn't. Why don't I like this role? Because I'm a slaver who can't actually slave outside of the rare escaped mul which only comes around when someone with high enough karma apps one....Then I'm a slaver who's actually not a slaver...now I'm a fucking epic monster chaser. The one slave I can go after isn't just a slave, it's a monstrosity of nature. Going after a mul isn't slaving....it's taking down a raid boss. That's also fine, and I can see that being fun, but I don't want that to be the only dynamic I have to the role outside of being the Crocodile Hunter for the arena.

Where I'm going with this....I would love to see this "Inked Escaped Slave" role become a more popular thing that requires no karma. Wyverns could actually then hunt these slaves when they make their appearance in the world. Maybe they catch them, maybe they get fucked up by this escaped slave who actually becomes a badass (and not because they are a mul).

If they get caught by the Wyverns and brought back alive, they get stored of course since we don't allow PC slavery at this time outside of special applications.

This read as a "The Wyvern Concept Sucks Post", and I hate that it turned out that way, but I do personally think it sucks. The real point to this post is that if these tattooed escaped slaves become a more common thing, I can see this making Wyverns interesting enough an meaningful enough that I might even play one and enjoy it. I like where this is going.

The Red Storm starter shops have a room where you can buy slave tattoos for 0 coins. Anyone. Literally anyone who can start in Red Storm can play an escaped slave. They could up until this point but it wasn't well advertised. Want to play an escaped human outlaw? Put that in your bio, apply for your 0k assassin/scavenger and in the starter shops get the disfiguring cross brand on your face. Tell Nakki Templar clan staff your deal in your first character report. That's all it takes. Anyone can play an escaped slave.

Unless I misunderstand what you were saying. But to reiterate - this is not new - anyone could play the slave role as I advertised it already - I just pointed it out.

Quote from: Rathustra on December 18, 2015, 04:56:58 PM

The Red Storm starter shops have a room where you can buy slave tattoos for 0 coins. Anyone. Literally anyone who can start in Red Storm can play an escaped slave. They could up until this point but it wasn't well advertised. Want to play an escaped human outlaw? Put that in your bio, apply for your 0k assassin/scavenger and in the starter shops get the disfiguring cross brand on your face. Tell Nakki Templar clan staff your deal in your first character report. That's all it takes. Anyone can play an escaped slave.

Unless I misunderstand what you were saying. But to reiterate - this is not new - anyone could play the slave role as I advertised it already - I just pointed it out.
By first character report do you mean your starting bio or when you get in game?

Quote from: Jihelu on December 18, 2015, 04:58:43 PM

By first character report do you mean your starting bio or when you get in game?

Give it about a week in game then shoot a character report in describing your adventures, CC in the relevant clan (Borsai: House Borsail, Kasix: Allanaki Nobles/Templarate, Templarate Slaves/Enslaved Outlaws: Allanaki Templarate) and mention in the report itself how your character escaped, roughly when, etc.

You can also get a Borsail brand and a Kasix brand there too.

December 18, 2015, 05:06:19 PM #47 Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 05:11:42 PM by Desertman

I DID think this was new. I'm a bit sad I didn't know this was here all along. Playing the escaped human slave that Wyverns can actually hunt and that I can actually be the renegade against sounds super fun. I would like doing this from both ends of the conflict actually.

Quote from: Rathustra on December 18, 2015, 04:49:11 PM
Only one of the roles I've advertised today were closed up until this point - and it was Mordiggian's idea that started the push to get them open. Everything else has been in the game and available since I was on staff - I'm just shining a light on it!

Humble too!

Well Mordiggian and other staff efforts are really awesome right.  Sure a lot of that stuff was already there... but in my opinion if felt static, rather just a section of the world forgotten by time. 

To see the table lands and its inhabits treated like a city-state in terms of staff attention.  Is awesome.  Perhaps it was something always there (staff working with the tribals/delfs) But never this much publicity.  It feels incredibly fresh to see so much excitement around it.

TL;DR Good work staff.

December 18, 2015, 05:11:23 PM #49 Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 05:13:25 PM by Desertman
I don't want to derail your post either....

But I DO hope that there are documented scaling rewards that Wyverns receive when they capture escaped slaves for the House.

Ribbons/Badges?
Special Gear?
Money?
Special Tattoos?
Titles?

Accolades that say, "This Wyvern isn't just another House guard. This guy/gal is a fucking badass who is a REAL slaver who has done some SHIT!". (A super incentive both IC'ly and OOC'ly to promote the actual slaving dynamic of this profession. If you are the Wyvern who just trains and follows a noble around inside the city your whole life, no offense, but I don't care about your existence and I don't want to be you.)

With each of these getting more and more grand/scaling as the Wyvern in question manages to capture more and more escaped slaves/more powerful escaped slaves.

Why documented? Because I'm the sort of person who wants my accomplishments to have somewhat set and solid rewards in place that I can look forward to and work towards. If what I get rewarded with is based entirely on if "Noble Amos is online at any time this month.", it sort of takes some wind out of my sails.