Player ideas that were implemented

Started by Synthesis, May 26, 2012, 02:57:05 AM

May 26, 2012, 02:57:05 AM Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 09:10:42 PM by Nyr
Quote from: Reiteration on May 26, 2012, 01:33:22 AM
Quote from: Nyr on May 25, 2012, 01:49:36 PM
Quote from: Drayab on May 25, 2012, 01:38:38 PM
What I would like to see is some kind of approach code

I think the entire Code Discussion subforum should be turned into a redirect to this image.

There are plenty of things out of the Code subforum that have been implemented:

No more spam-kicking gith.
Things can now weigh a fraction of a stone.
Clean self no longer lags you.
You can now shoot into and out of things.*
Armor is now much more effective vs. kick.
Breeds can now pick whether they look human or half-elven, avoiding this old problem.
Carru bash is not nearly as terrible as it used to be.
Subclass scavenger can now forage for food.
We now have the 'watch' command.
Two-handed is now a skill.
The 'listen' skill now works somewhat differently than it used to.
Tdesc.
There is now a subclass with weapon skills.
VNPC population is now time-dependent in cities.
Nosave now has many arguments that tailor how it works.
You can now pour objects out of your pack onto the ground.
Non-merchants can now get a reasonable ballpark figure when using 'value' to weigh something.
You can now sheathe a weapon on your back.
Pick relock.
Apparently, you used not to be able to actually sleep on a bed.
You can now break (most) rocks into smaller rocks.
Semote.

That's just the first 10 pages from the current iteration of the GDB.  That ain't too shabby, if you ask me.

Y'all can go ahead and start your stroll down Memory Lane at page 94, since I summarized 105-95 for you.

*Admittedly, this is hearsay, as I haven't tested it for myself.

updated links from Nyr
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Shooting arrows out of (or better yet in too) wagons / caves, etc works.
Czar of City Elves.

I'm pretty curious about what the most recent ones are?
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Plenty don't even show up in the weekly listing, I don't think. I've had typos fixed and room flags changed within seconds of typoing/suggesting them. Recently I idea'd that shovels should be able to be worn on one's back and that was implemented. None of these showed up in the weekly listing, though. :)

(I still wish shovels were chopping weapons, but that might screw up some things, I guess).
Quote from: Synthesis
Quote from: lordcooper
You go south and one of the other directions that isn't north.  That is seriously the limit of my geographical knowledge of Arm.
Sarge?

Shovels should be flippable chopping/bludgeoning weapons.

Quote from: MeTekillot on May 27, 2012, 09:53:12 PM
Shovels should be flippable chopping/bludgeoning weapons.
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

May 29, 2012, 03:40:08 PM #6 Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 09:11:26 PM by Nyr
Quote from: Maso on May 27, 2012, 08:09:51 PM
I'm pretty curious about what the most recent ones are?

Difficult to determine at a glance, but I did find these because I also was curious.

Various responses, discussions, and tweaks to flee after its announced changes, Jan 2012.  Also suggested here in 2011.
Allow to hit brawltest without standing -- July 2011
Some requested changes to scavenger subguild in July 2011 made possible by grebber subguild in Jan 2012
Subguild Trader Linguist -- see Master Trader as of Jan 2012 -- June 2011
Encumbrance prompt stuff -- April 2011
Related to encumbrance prompt stuff -- April 2011
poop is moar visible, oh noes, poopfix for March 2011
trader subguild implemented as extended subguild, suggested Dec 2010
forget when this was originally suggested by a player but this is the most recent mention of it.  You can now forage just for what you want to forage, not all of that extra stuff you're going to junk anyway.  November 2010
Put sid pack -- Feb 2010

At some point in there we have the direction sense code addition, the ride code changes, the skill levels stuff in your skill list, and the farther you go back, the more threads you uncover about wanting to have boosted skills or new subguilds or stuff like that.

Since you're looking specifically for player wants that got turned into code suggestions, it's hard to say since many things posted on this forum are asking if something can be done and it is discovered that it can indeed already be done.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Years and YEARS ago I idead DREAM. That was implemented though I doubt from MY suggestion. :)
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.