Excess weight and blood.

Started by Trenidor, May 17, 2004, 07:28:22 PM

*stabs this thread and watches as it bleeds to death.*

most of the arguments i skimmed over on this page don't even address blood loss as part of the current damage, nor blood loss as something that might stop of it's own accord after a certain amount of hitpoints. I'm done with this thread. Blood loss code would be nifty if done right and a pain in the ass if done wrong. I'm tired of kicking this dead kank, but if you guys got more ideas, have at it.

Leave it to 137 to point out the fruitlessness of kicking a dead kank...

:cry:
The rugged, red-haired woman is not a proper mount." -- oops

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/03/19

Diealot - Ninja Helper (Too cool for Tags)

Not if you're a Nilazi.
quote="Larrath"]"On the 5th day of the Ascending Sun, in the Month of Whira's Very Annoying And Nearly Unreachable Itch, Lord Templar Mha Dceks set the Barrel on fire. The fire was hot".[/quote]

I am pleased.

6 pages, and still intelligent and thought out presentations. Splendid.

I'm not terribly irritated with the combat code as it is right now. Of course it could use some work, but hey, I mean, maybe one day it will be done. We could always use a virtual reality Zalanthas. :)

I like many of the ideas presented here. I, for one, think that if amputation is implemented, that it should be hard for it to happen. But I would love to see it. I absolutely think that combative classes should all have bandage to start off with. I absolutely think that the subclass of doctor should be more widely usable. I absolutely like the idea of chasing a prey across the desert, harrying them so that they cannot bandage their wounds fully. I absolutely like the idea of in-combat decapitations.
I dig three hit fights.

But then, I love Armageddon. I exhonorate those who have contributed to this discussion.

Yay..we've..pleased a guest ?
The rugged, red-haired woman is not a proper mount." -- oops

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/03/19

Diealot - Ninja Helper (Too cool for Tags)

If you recall my idea, you'll notice that the bloodloss stops after you recover to the % of HP that causes you to not have the: bla is here bleeding lightly.

I'd like to add that if my idea were used, sleep would still work to recover from injuries, but your best bet would be to use a bandage. Maybe the incriment of bloodloss could be set so that you gain HP while sleeping faster than you loose blood. This would cause people that get knocked unconsious to a -hp point to be able to recover still if they are able to endure to the end.

The major change bloodloss would make is if you were to get injured, flee, and are walking around, you would be loosing blood causing you to have to stop and wait for the bloodloss to stop. Or you could bandage yourself and continue walking along. If you didn't, then you'd end up in serious condition.
Crackageddon.... once an addict, always an addict

Actually, I seem to remember a bloodloss code in arm, but I don't think it lasted very long, also, I believe an imm could give you the flag if you constantly ignored bad injuries...though, I could be wrong.

Me, I think it would mean a ton more apps for a while as huge numbers of pc's died in the desert and arm actually becoming a safer even less harsh place to be in the long run because player verses player combat would go down.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

True, it isn't that hard though to learn to use a bandage. I think that everyone starts with the bandage skill, and player vs player already is starting to dwindle. It's been a while since I've see it, I'm not saying that it's not there, just that I must be lucky enough to never get involved. (and I'm one of the people that always plays player vs player characters)

If you play a stupid player killer, then ya, you'll most likely die pretty soon, but if you play one that know's their limits, when to stop a fight, when to continue, and that you've got to understand simple survival skills if you want to live being a PC killer, then you should last a little longer.

I know that most people that play injuries, will at least emote out that they're bleeding and that they are trying something to stop the bleeding. Why not just add in a crafting that allows you to rip off some of your cloak and turn it in to an insta blood stopper, only difference between it and a real bandage is that the insta blood stopper doesn't boost HP at all, just stops the bleeding. Then when you go to rip off your cloak, you can actaully have an item that will stop bleeding.  :wink:

Quote from: "Trenidor"I think that everyone starts with the bandage skill

Maybe you're just fortunate in your selection of class and subclass.  I have never had the bandage skill.
quote="Larrath"]"On the 5th day of the Ascending Sun, in the Month of Whira's Very Annoying And Nearly Unreachable Itch, Lord Templar Mha Dceks set the Barrel on fire. The fire was hot".[/quote]

I guess it could just be the fighting classes.

In any case, I don't think that you'd need to know bandage if you weren't going to be bleeding all the time or in combat often.