Release Note discussion!

Started by Riev, January 16, 2017, 10:32:07 AM

I remember one time I got hands of winded out of red storm and I had enough time to decide if I should say fuck it and type quit as I was at the gate. It felt really variable speed like how falling down a cliff is

December 13, 2021, 04:12:08 PM #1351 Last Edit: December 13, 2021, 06:14:46 PM by wizturbo
Haven't been able to play for a while now, but wanted to call out that I'm very pleased to see the direction the game is taking.  Kudos to staff for doing the right stuff!

Quote from: wizturbo on December 13, 2021, 04:12:08 PM
Haven't been able to play for a while now, but wanted to call out that I'm very pleased to see the direction the game is taking.  Kudos to staff for doing the right stuff!

You beat me to the kudos.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Hestia I hope to god those image choices were a troll for the RPt post because my body physically aches

ALSO:

New Guild/Subguild for the super secret not-nordic secret tribe?

Hypothesis?

Ideas?

I have no idea what it would be.

Something that could deal with anti-magik? Witch hunters?
Fredd-

Quote from: Jihelu on December 26, 2021, 09:42:26 PM
New Guild/Subguild for the super secret not-nordic secret tribe?
I hope not.

Quote from: Barsook on December 26, 2021, 10:48:18 PM
Something that could deal with anti-magik? Witch hunters?
Maybe they're just a tribe that doesn't have magickers. I've written a tribe of only mundanes because I didn't want the centralizing nature of magick rp to overshadow the important mundane theme of the tribe.

They could also just kill them

Not exactly "release notes", but I think what Halaster has cooking up vis-a-vis the new tribe is amazing.  Exactly the kind of collaborative storytelling we can use:  crowd-source work, generate buy-in, and expand rather than contract.  Yes!

https://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,57532.0.html
Labor omnia vincit - "(Hard) work conquers all."

Looking awesome!
Just having fun.

Quote from: Saiseiki on December 28, 2021, 01:42:44 PM
Not exactly "release notes", but I think what Halaster has cooking up vis-a-vis the new tribe is amazing.  Exactly the kind of collaborative storytelling we can use:  crowd-source work, generate buy-in, and expand rather than contract.  Yes!

https://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,57532.0.html

1000%
Live your life as though your every act were to become a universal law.

--Immanuel Kant

FOR SURE.
Fredd-

Halaster really waiting for like, the last real day of applications to post as much as he wants on the interest check.

We are slowly but surely moving to a system where we can actually tell how to make an item without having to know from 13 years ago I need a specifically dyed piece of temboeye to do such.

Everything in the most recent release notes is pretty good

I like how the analyze looks now
Fredd-

The new analyze is amazing. Absolutely in love with it.
How about a scavenger hunt?

Quote from: https://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,49825.msg1073872.html#msg1073872
- now when you hide you will unhitch your mounts

So I got two thoughts here:

(1) Yay, thank you, this is how it always should have been. And IMO we should get rid of any remaining cases where hitch allows the rider/leader to be not in the same room with the animal. (Can you still enter a tent while keeping your mount unbreakably hitched? Not sure.)

(2) It's a big nerf to human stalkers. (I'm assuming that hitch will break hide, so there's no longer any reasonable way to lead a mount while hidden.) I say "stalkers" because they're much less able to fight their way past hostile amimals than the heavier combat classes. Sneak-with-mount opened up a lot of territory that you couldn't fight through, with the mount giving your weak-ass Willowy, Mage-Haired Human some carrying capacity and an emergency stamina pool. Again, the change is probably as it should be--but it's a big capability change.

And three tangentially-related ideas:

(A) Why would you sneak+hide with a hitched mount? So you can sneak past monsters. But why don't monsters want to eat your mount? ...Yeah, most of them probably should. (Probably some should prefer you and some should prefer your mount, but for game reasons nearly all of them should be aggro to a mount apparently wandering around by itself.) (This matters today even with the change to hitch, 'cause invisibility.)

(B) Unhitched mounts should wander. Fully-rested, unhitched mounts should stand up (so they can wander).

(C) Be nice if we could, like, hitch mounts to an object to prevent wandering and make theft a little more interactive.
- hitch inix tree - You tie up your northie-ass mount at a northie-ass agafari tree.
- hitch beetle deposit - Kid, there's no way to tie your beetle to a piece of rock. Does this look like Tuluk?
- hitch beetle tent - You tie a war beetle's reins to a tent pole. (Unhitching "shakes" the tent, awesome.)
<Maso> I thought you were like...a real sweet lady.

(B) Unhitched mounts should wander. Fully-rested, unhitched mounts should stand up (so they can wander).

I hate this idea

(C) Be nice if we could, like, hitch mounts to an object to prevent wandering and make theft a little more interactive.
- hitch inix tree - You tie up your northie-ass mount at a northie-ass agafari tree.
- hitch beetle deposit - Kid, there's no way to tie your beetle to a piece of rock. Does this look like Tuluk?
- hitch beetle tent - You tie a war beetle's reins to a tent pole. (Unhitching "shakes" the tent, awesome.)

Nvm I kinda like it now

you don't need code for every little thing. just emote hitches ~beetle on a rock.

New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

It would be nice if it's a playable race, not a mob race.
Fredd-

Quote from: Barsook on March 13, 2022, 02:03:40 PM

It's a mob race
"I agree with Halaster"  -- Riev

Quote from: Halaster on March 13, 2022, 03:28:35 PM
Quote from: Barsook on March 13, 2022, 02:03:40 PM

It's a mob race

That's really cool.

This implies that there is a variety of types to this mob race.

I'm looking forward to all the mantis heads when someone finds this race.
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

Quote from: https://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,57888.msg1017314/topicseen.html#newWe discovered an error in many places in Allanak and the Labyrinth where all the streets, rooftops, and "in the air" rooms were set as indoors sector, instead of city sector like they should be. This meant that everyone was not losing stamina when they moved around and that weather was having no effect.  This week I fixed that error through Allanak and the Labyrinth.

To help city elves stand out as they should like their desert cousins, stamina loss is being reduced when they are running in the city.  Their base stamina loss in the city will be 1 per room, adjusted for encumbrance.  That means they will actually lose less stamina while running than any other movement speed (walking, sneaking etc).  This will go live on the next code release (this coming Sunday)

So, while recognizing that rooms should have their sector set correctly...I'm not looking forward to getting tired out? walking down the street? which I guess is how it was always supposed to be but you wouldn't have known unless you played in Tuluk?

There's some long-ass streets, man.
<Maso> I thought you were like...a real sweet lady.