Author Topic: Mansa's Beginners Guide to ArmageddonMUD  (Read 15946 times)

mansa

Mansa's Beginners Guide to ArmageddonMUD
« on: December 13, 2008, 02:59:43 AM »
Welcome to ArmageddonMUD.  You've read through the vast docs, figured out what Telnet is, (and downloaded a new telnet client), created an account, applied for a character, and got accepted.  Yay!   What now?

Here's what I suggest, as a fellow player:

As you enter the game, with your character, you will be in an Out-Of-Character room called The Hall Of Kings.
In this room, you can purchase scars for your character, and you must pick the starting city for your character.  

As a new player to ArmageddonMUD, it is highly suggested to pick either Allanak or Tuluk.  You do this by typing:
>point allanak
 or
>point tuluk.  

You will be transported to the sleeping room of the main taverns of both those cities.

What do you do now?

Type >score.
It will look something like this:
You are Malik
Keywords: tall muscular man
Sdesc: the tall, muscular man
Objective:
Long Description:
Code Generated Long Description.
You are 25 years, 0 months, and 5 days old,
 which by your race and appearance is adult.
You are 70 inches tall, and weigh 7 ten-stone.
Your strength is average, your agility is average average,
  your wisdom is average, and your endurance is average.
You are neither hungry nor thirsty.
Your health is 100(100), you have 120(120) stamina, and 100(100) stun.

You have been playing for 0 days and 0 hours.
You are standing.
You are currently speaking sirihish with a northern accent.

You are typing score to check out your stats.  Your stats are randomly rolled, but you can set a priority to which ones should be higher than another when you created the character.  If you are unhappy with your score, you are given one chance to reroll them.  Rerolls are permanent, and cannot be undone.  Rerolls can only happen within the first 2 hours of gameplay.  Check out HELP REROLL

Your stats are affected by your class and your age.  If you make a very young character, you will have lower endurance, lower strength, and lower wisdom.  If you make a very old character, you will have lower strength, lower agility, and lower endurance.  As a Zalanthian year passes (6 real life weeks), your character will age, and there is a chance to increase / decrease your stats, automatically.  I suggest to make your first couple characters about 20 ~ 30 years old.

If your stats are like this:
Your strength is poor, your agility is above average,
  your wisdom is below average, and your endurance is poor.

I suggest to reroll.
If your stats are like this:
Your strength is above average, your agility is exceptional,
  your wisdom is poor, and your endurance is absolutely incredible.

I suggest to stay.

Stats affect your hit points, your movement points, your stun points, how much weight you can carry, how many items you can carry in your inventory, how hard you hit in combat, how frequently you hit in combat, and how frequently you can learn your skills.

The rank in stats is this, from worst to best:
  • poor
  • below average
  • average
  • above average
  • good
  • very good
  • extremely good
  • exceptional
  • absolutely incredible

Stats are relative to your race.  A half-giant with poor strength will have a better STRENGTH than an elf with good strength.  A half-giant with exceptional wisdom will have worse WISDOM than a human with below average wisdom.  There is a better explanation of stats here.
Once you are satisfied with rerolling or not, you should try and understand more about your score.

Keywords: tall muscular man

Characters interact with other characters using your keywords.  This characters keywords are Malik, tall, muscular, and man.  If I wanted to attack you, I would type >kill malik or >kill tall or >kill man.   If I wanted to give you an object, like a ginka fruit, I would type >give ginka muscular.   The ginka fruit's keywords are ginka and fruit.  You can add more keywords to your character, but you cannot remove keywords.  People would add keywords if they wanted to create a nickname for themselves, or if they wanted to have a different name in a different city.  Check out HELP ADDKEYWORD for more information.

Sdesc: the tall, muscular man

This is your short description.  This is how your character will be seen throughout the game.  This does not change automatically, although there are items in the game that can 'mask' it, such as facewraps, masks, and hoods.  Simply wearing a mask or a facewrap will change your short description.  You will need to raise a hood and lower a hood to change your description, if you're wearing a piece of clothing with a hood, like a cloak.  Check out HELP HOOD.

example:
You are wearing an item called 'a dark hooded cloak'.  You type:
>raise hood
the tall, muscular man raises the hood of a dark, hooded cloak.

Your short description to everybody in the game is now:  
the figure in a dark, hooded cloak.
This is also relative to the size of a person, compared to you.  All elves are taller and thinner than humans, so if an elf is wearing a dark, hooded cloak they will look like this to a human:
the very tall and thin figure in a dark, hooded cloak.

Objective:

The objective is a short, OOC or Out-Of-Character reference to what you want to accomplish with the character, or if you are requesting staff intervention.
To modify your objective, you need to use the 'change command.  Some examples are:
>change objective Waiting for reimbursement from lost items in crash
>change objective Wanting to find a master swordsman
>change objective Waiting to be setup by Nessalin
>change objective To be the best cook in the known world

Long Description:
Code Generated Long Description.

This is how your character is seen when people are in the same room as you, and they type >look.
Code Generated means it has a default one, depending on your situation.  Some examples are:
the tall, muscular man is standing here.
the tall, muscular man is sleeping here.
the tall, muscular man is resting here.
the tall, muscular man is fighting the lanky, hunched-backed gith.
the tall, muscular man sitting at a long, scarred bar of agafari wood.

You can change this, to be more descriptive as to the actions that you are doing, and to the positions you are within the room.
To change it, you need to use the change ldesc command.  Some examples are:

>change ldesc is sitting at a table, relaxed in his seat
>change ldesc sits, playing dice with other patrons.
>change ldesc has his arms crossed, leaning against a wall.
>change ldesc stands near the red-haired woman.

NOTE:  You cannot reference other characters automatically in your long description.  If you wanted to, you can write out someone's full short description, like in the last example.  Also, if you walk to another room, or change position, such as sitting or standing, this will reset your long description.  If you type >stand while already in the standing position, this will reset your long description to be the default one, which is, "is standing here."

You are 25 years, 0 months, and 5 days old,
 which by your race and appearance is adult.

This is your age.  In Zalanthas, there is 3 months in a year, and 231 days in a month.  The different races have different ages.  Elves live longer than humans, so an elf who is 25 is still considered YOUNG compared to a human who is 25.  Do consider this when looking at your stats, too.

You are neither hungry nor thirsty.
Your health is 100(100), you have 120(120) stamina, and 100(100) stun.

Health is pretty simple across all games.  As your health decreases to 0, you will be wounded critically, and cannot move, fight, or much else.  If your health reaches -10 or below, you will die.  Forever.
Movement is different, as it affects how far you can travel.  As you move from room to room, it may take a toll on your movement points.  If you are encumbered, you will lose more movement points per room.  If you are traveling outside, you will lose movement points per room.  If you reach 0, you cannot move.  If you are at 1, and it requires 2 movement points to reach the next room, you will not move.  Your stamina can change, depending on the clothing you wear.  If it's desert clothes, it may go up.  If it's silks, it may go down.  Remember, Zalanthas is a desert world.  You must be sitting, resting, or in a sleeping position to regain movement points.  You will only be at maximum movement points if you sleep.  If you sit or rest, you will regenerate movement points until you're about 95% of your maximum.
Stun is your mental capacity. If your stun reaches 0, you will be knocked out, and require someone and something to wake you up.  This is smelling salts, which can be purchased in the major cities.  You will lose stun if you get hit with blunt objects while fighting, like bare fists, or bludgeoning items, like clubs.
You will also lose stun as you use psionics.  Everybody in Zalanthas can use "the way", which is the ability to talk to people over distances, sending messages to them.  As you try and contact people, and send messages, this uses a bit of stun points each time.  Be careful, or you may be knocked out.  You will regenerate stun points at any position, be that standing or sitting, but you will regenerate faster if you are resting and sleeping.

You have been playing for 0 days and 0 hours.

There is a clock as to how long you've been logged in.   I believe the average stat for most characters is 3 days played before they die.  Some characters have 20 days played.  Some very rare characters have 100 days played.  Personally, I've played 68 characters, with the longest being 72 days played, then 50 days played, then 38 days played, then 33 days played, over my 10 years of playing the game.

Zalanthas has different languages.  Sirihish is the common language.  To change your language, you need to type ">change language allundean".  You must have different languages in your skills to change to.  You can learn other languages by listening to people speak it.  This takes a long time to learn.
Zalanthas also has different accents, depending on where your character grew up.  Tuluk people have a northern accent, and Allanak people have a southern accent.  To change your accent, you need to type ">change accent tribal".  Like languages, you need to have the skill to change accents, and you can learn new accents by listening to people speak them.  This also takes a long time to learn.

How Do I Stop Playing?
Type "quit" to stop playing.  You must be in certain rooms of the game to log out.  Most of these rooms are in Taverns, or Buildings.
You can tell if you can quit, by the line in the room title that says, [ Quit ].

Example:
>The Gladiator and the Gaj Tavern -- Public Dormitory [W Quit]
   This spacious chamber provides a place for the public to sleep for
free.  The floor is covered with tens of soiled, greasy blankets and
makeshift beds provided by their occupants.  Crude insignia and drawings
have been scrawled on the agafari walls, etched with knifepoint or drawn
with charcoal.  The stench of unwashed humanoid bodies mingles with the
tantalizing scent of cooked meat wafting in from the bar and restaurant
to the west.  The carru-hide tarp hanging over the archway to the west
hardly muffles the dull roar of the crowd.  Though the conditions in the
dormitory are quite dingy, it is certainly better than sleeping on the
dangerous streets of Allanak.

As you can see, in the room's title, it says [W Quit].  That means that this room, you can 'log out' in it, when you type, 'Quit'.  You can also move "West" into another room.

How Can I Tell Who Is A NPC And Who Is A PC?
This is tricky for new players, as you're exploring, and finding NPCs everywhere.  You're not used to them being in the similar areas, character after character you make.  You'll get to know which ones are constantly where, eventually.

Most player characters have the long description, 'is standing here.'  Most player characters have short descriptions that start with, 'the'.
Some examples:
the tall, muscular man is standing here.                                     Player Character
the small, blue-eyed boy is standing here.                                   Player Character
the tall, tattooed dwarf is standing here.                                   Player Character
A sharp-eyed female prostitute slouches in a corner.                         Non-Player Character
A human soldier of Tektolnes stands guard here.                              Non-Player Character
The angular, silver-eyed man is here, leaning casually against a wall.       Non-Player Character
The brutally-scarred orange dwarf sits here at a table, drinking heavily.    Non-Player Character
A dark-skinned human barkeep stands behind the bar.                          Non-Player Character
The lean, sun-reddened woman laughs as she talks at a large table here.      Non-Player Character
The hairy, dark-skinned woman watches the room from beside the bar here.     Non-Player Character
The towering, golden-haired half-giant is here, crouched beside a table.     Non-Player Character

PC's also are the only ones who sit at table items.  If you type 'look tables' it will display the different tables that you can sit at.
An example:
>look tables
At 1) a lumpy, dragon-carved stone table are:
      some empty seats.
At 2) a plain stone table are:
      a few empty seats.
At 3) a narrow stone ledge protruding from the wall are:
      a couple of empty seats.
At 4) a long, scarred bar of agafari wood are:
      some empty seats.

A PC would be sitting at a table, and have a description like:
At 4) a long, scarred bar of agafari wood are:
      the small, blue-eyed boy, the tall, muscular man,
      the tall, tattooed dwarf, and a few empty seats.

Their long descriptions when you type "look" would display like:
The tall, muscular man is sitting at a long, scarred bar of agafari wood.
The small, blue-eyed boy is sitting at a long, scarred bar of agafari wood.
The tall, tattooed dwarf is sitting at a long, scarred bar of agafari wood.

How Do I Check My Inventory and How Do I See What I'm Wearing?

To check your inventory, you can type, "Inventory", or "Inv", or even just "I".
It will display the items you are holding "In your hands".  They are not wielded or equiped, just items that you have in your hands.

>inv
You are carrying:
A torch
858 obsidian coins
A few pieces of burnt meat

To see what you are wearing, you can type, "Equipment", or "Equip", or "Eq".
It will display the items you are wearing and you are wielding.  These are the items that protect you, and what people see when they type, "look <person>".

>eq
You are using:
<worn on head>           an ancient, battered surmac
<worn on face>           a thin, white-sandcloth facewrap
<worn around neck>       a crimson-stained chitin gorget
<worn across back>       a leather backpack
<worn on torso>          an obsidian-studded, dark-leather vest
<both hands>             a long bone-headed spear
<worn as belt>           a leather waterbelt
<hung from belt>         a bone-hilted, carru-antler longknife
<worn around body>       a hooded, sandy-brown dustcloak
<worn about waist>       a worn leather quiver
<worn on legs>           a sweat-stained pair of black leather pants
<worn on right ankle>    a thin, grey-sandcloth ankle wrap
<worn on feet>           an used pair of carru hide boots

Some items that you wear can 'Layer' itself, so that you won't be able to see it unless you take off the clothes above it.  Some of these items that cover other items are cloaks.  If you type ">look self", you may see a different inventory list than when you type ">equipment", because certain items may be "under" your cloak that you are wearing.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 01:21:30 AM by mansa »
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

mansa

How do i talk to people?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 03:00:35 AM »
How do I talk to other characters?

ArmageddonMUD is a roleplaying game, and you act out your character within the Desert World of Zalanthas.  So, how do you talk to people?
NOTE: I am referencing everything as the your character having the short description of the tall, muscular man

There are a bunch of commands.

SAY
Here are some examples:
>say Hi.
>say How's it going?
>say Thanks.

Say is generally used to speak to everybody in the whole room.  
It echos to the room and everybody else in there as:
The tall, muscular man says, in sirihish:
       "Hi."
       "How's it going?"
       "Thanks."

You are not specifically targeting someone.  Which brings us to the next command:

TELL
Here are some examples:
>tell small Hi.
>tell boy How's it going?
>tell blue Thanks.

Tell is used to specifically speak to one character.  You target that character using one of that character's keywords.  If the character is: the small, blue-eyed boy then small, blue, eyed, and boy are his keywords.  Also, the characters specific name is a keyword.  And, you can have multiple keywords that are nicknames, too, so the same character can be called and referenced with Tom, Dick, and Harry, if they are keywords to the specific character.  You can add keywords to your own character, but you cannot remove keywords.  SEE HELP ADDKEYWORD  You cannot add keywords to -other- characters.

It echos to the room and everybody else in there as:
The tall, muscular man says to the small, blue-eyed boy, in sirihish:
       "Hi."
       "How's it going?"
       "Thanks."

It echos to the small, blue-eyed boy's player as this:
The tall, muscular man says to you, in sirihish:
       "Hi."
       "How's it going?"
       "Thanks."

SHOUT
Shout is similar to SAY, in that it is used at nobody in specific, but it will also echo to people in connecting rooms.
Examples:
>shout Thief!  Thief!

To people in the room, it will show:
The tall, muscular man shouts, in sirihish:
       "Thief!  Thief!"

To people in a connecting room, it will show:
You hear a male voice from the north, in sirihish:
       "Thief!  Thief!"

WHISPER
Whisper is similar to TELL, in that you must target someone with it, but it will be a secret message that people cannot overhear, unless they have the Listen Skill
Examples:
>whisper blue I am going to kill you if you don't give me your coins.

To the small, blue-eyed boy, it will display on the screen:
The tall, muscular man whispers to you, in sirihish:
       "I am going to kill you if you don't give me your coins."

To the people in the room, it will display on the screen:
The tall, muscular man whispers something to the small, blue-eyed boy.

TALK
Talk is similar to SAY, in that you don't target anybody specifically, but it is used to talk to everybody at the table you are sitting at.
You must be sitting at a table in order to use Talk.   People not sitting at your table will not hear TALK messages, unless they have the Listen Skill.  Talk also helps to cut down on TAVERN SPAM, which may be discussed at a later point, in an advanced lesson.
Examples:
You (the tall, muscular man) and the small, blue-eyed boy are sitting at a table together
>talk Hi.
>talk How's it going?

To the small, blue-eyed boy, this will display to the screen:
The tall, muscular man says, at your table, in sirihish:
       "Hi."
The tall, muscular man says, at your table, in sirihish:
       "How's it going?"

To the people in the room, it will not display anything on the screen.

OOC
OOC, or Out-Of-Character, is a way to talk to other players and immortals in the same room, about Out-Of-Character things.  Language Code is ignored using OOC, so if you were talking with an elf and couldn't understand them, you can still use OOC and explain the problem.  It is similar to SAY, in that you do not need to target anybody.
This command is only used for Out-Of-Character things, and some players haven't used the command in years.
Examples:
>ooc shit fire
>ooc Sorry, I have to go RIGHT NOW.
>ooc I just hired you into House Kadius, please email house_kadius@armageddon.org and tell them that I, Oseres Kadius, hired you as a hunter.  Be sure to use the REQUEST TOOL and request to be added to the House Kadius GDB section with your GDB account.

NOT RECOMMENDED USAGE:
>ooc do you have AIM?
>ooc i used to play mansa and i was your old friend!
>ooc it's spelt spiral, not spirial

It will display to the screen, and everybody in the room as:
The tall, muscular man says, Out-Of-Character:
       "shit fire"

SING
Sing is similar to say, in that there is no specific target of the song.  What is unique about sing is that you can break up the lines with the /, or \, or | symbols.
Example:
>sing Happy Birthday to you,
>sing Happy Birthday to you!
>sing Happy Birthday Dear Malik,
>sing Happy Birthday to you!

This will display to everybody in the room as:
The tall, muscular man sings, in sirihish:
       "Happy Birthday to you,"
       "Happy Birthday to you!"

Whereas, if you typed:
>sing Happy Birthday to you,|Happy Birthday to you!\Happy Birthday Dear Malik,/Happy Birthday to you!

"Happy Birthday to you,
        Happy Birthday to you!
        Happy Birthday Dear Malik,
        Happy Birthday to you!"

Which is actually quite nice, if you want to sing in verse.

PSIONICS
All creatures in Zalanthas can use psionics.  Typically, it is only the ability to send messages to other people who are not in the same room as you, as well as the ability to block people from sending messages to you.  You should read HELP CONTACT, HELP PSI and HELP BARRIER.

To use this ability, you need to first connect to someone's mind, and you do that by 'CONTACTING' them.  You do this by typing, >contact tall muscular man.

Using psionics takes effort with your character, and it uses your STUN points.  If you use it too much, your STUN points may reach 0, and knock yourself out.  If you are knocked out, you cannot wake up right away.  This may take up to 5 ~ 10 minutes of real life time to wake up.

Here is an example:

>contact tall muscular
You suffer from use of the Way.
You are unable to reach their mind.

>contact tall muscular
You contact the tall, muscular man with the way.

>psi Greetings, Malik.  I was wondering if you happened to come across any poisons for my dirty deeds, lately?
You send send a telepathic message to the tall, muscular man:
     "Greetings, Malik.  I was wondering if you happened to come across any poisons for my dirty deeds, lately?"

>cease contact

From this example, I tried to contact Malik, the tall muscular man, but I failed the first time I tried it.  The second time, I managed to secure a connection with his mind and mine.  I sent him a message using the PSI keyword, and then I closed the connection using the "CEASE CONTACT" command.  You can also use the "CEASE" command.

I highly recommed to watch your stun points, as it will slowly drop as you use the way.  You do not want it to approach 0.  A good way to remind yourself, is to type 'cease' if your stun ever gets to below 30 points.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 09:21:47 PM by mansa »

You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

mansa

How do i kill stuff?
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008, 03:01:25 AM »
How to Engage in Combat and Kill Stuff

ArmageddonMUD is a MUD, meaning that there is coded combat.  Combat is initiated by typing ">kill <target>" and it is based on a variety of variables and skills.  Although you can fight everything and everyone, as a new character, your combat skills will be -terrible-, and most likely you will die in combat to other people who are better than you.  Soldiers inside cities also patrol the streets, and will take you to jail if you try and kill someone inside a city.  OUTSIDE a city, though, is a totally different experience.

NOTE: I am referencing everything as the your character having the short description of the tall, muscular man

Combat looks like this:

100(100) 90(120) 100(100)>kill boy
You lightly slash the small, blue-eyed boy's body.
The small, blue-eyed boy swiftly dodges your chop.

100(100) 90(120) 100(100)>
The small, blue-eyed boy viciously leaps toward you, but a leather shirt gets in the way.
The small, blue-eyed boy's attack on you is absorbed by a leather shirt.

The small, blue-eyed boy stabs at you, but you dodge out of the way.

The small, blue-eyed boy swiftly dodges your slash.

The small, blue-eyed boy swiftly dodges your slash.

The small, blue-eyed boy stabs you, barely grazing your wrist.

98(100) 90(120) 100(100)>

The small, blue-eyed boy's attack on you is absorbed by a leather shirt.

Combat moves in spurts, about one or two blocks per every couple second.  That slowly scrolled the screen for about a half-minute.
Judging from this combat log, both people are not good at fighting, because they are constantly missing and dodging the attacks.  As you get better and better at combat, you will hit more frequently, and you will hit harder on your target.

You need to equip or wield items to use them.  The tall, muscular man was using a slashing weapon, and a chopping weapon.  Those weapons are, a curved sword of bone and an obsidian axe.  The tall, muscular man typed these commands:
>ep sword
>es axe

or you can type these commands:
>wield sword
>wield axe

The tall, muscular man is now dual wielding two weapons.  You can, if you wanted to, use only one weapon and a shield.  You can also hold one weapon with two hands, like a staff.  To hold one weapon in two hands, you type this command:
>etwo staff

If you hold a weapon with two hands, you will do more damage per strike, but you will strike less often than if you had two weapons.

The small, blue-eyed boy was wielding two knives, and they were stabbing weapons.

You can also enter combat with the ASSIST command.  This command jumps you into combat when other people are currently fighting.  It helps prevent a keyword mix up, and accidentally attacking the wrong person.

To get out of combat, there is two commands, FLEE and DISENGAGE.

Flee will cause you to move out of the room, into a connecting room.  It will force you to start to RUN, too.
Disengage will make you stop fighting, and you will not leave the room.  However, your opponent will continue to fight you until -they- type Disengage.
Disengage is typically used when you are sparring.

When someone's health reaches 0, or between 0 and -9, they will stop fighting.  If you have MERCY on, you will stop fighting someone when they reach critical health levels.  If you have MERCY off, you will continue to fight them, and eventually kill them when they reach -10 hit points.

When you die, you're dead, and you have to make a new character.

When you kill stuff, you can look in their body for what they were wearing.  The syntax is:
>look in body
They will drop whatever they were wielding to the room they were in.

At this point, if it was an animal that you were fighting, and you killed it, you can skin the body.  You need to have a knife to skin an animal.  You cannot skin humanoids.
You can behead most bodies with a slashing or chopping weapon.  Heads and Bodies will disappear over time, and they aren't permanent items.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 02:15:14 PM by mansa »

mansa

I got mad Skillz
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2008, 03:03:06 AM »
What skills do I have, and how do I find out more information about them?

ArmageddonMUD is a class-based game.  Each class has a specific set of skills associated with it.  Skills allow you to do more things in game, and can be increased in proficiency, until you're an expert at that.  Some examples of skills are DISARM, STEAL, JEWELERY CRAFTING, and LISTEN.

You can eventually branch to new skills, when your old skills get good enough.  Most "new" skills you receive has some logic behind it, as to why one skill would eventually branch to another, but sometimes it is very vague.  What skills you may branch to and what skills must you get proficient at to branch to are secrets of the game, and should not be discussed.  You usually branch a new skill when the base skill has been mastered

You can tell a general skill proficiency by the description listed in the brackets next to the skill name.
The rankings are:  Novice, Apprentice, Journeyman, Advanced, and Master

Here is an example of someone typing skills:
>skills
Psionic powers
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
contact                       (master) barrier                   (journeyman)

Combat skills
shield use                (apprentice) two handed                (apprentice)
dual wield                (apprentice)

Weapon skills
piercing weapons              (novice) slashing weapons              (novice)
chopping weapons              (master) bludgeoning weapons           (novice)

Stealth skills
sneak                         (novice) hide                          (novice)

Manipulation skills
ride                          (novice)

Perception skills
forage                        (novice) watch                     (apprentice)

Barter skills
haggle                        (novice) value                         (novice)

Language skills
sirihish                      (master) northern accent               (master)

Craft skills
cooking                       (novice) analyze                       (novice)

To learn more about the skills, type >help skill <skillname>

You can get a rough estimate as to which classes get what skills, based on the >help guild <guildname> help files.  Let's discuss two of these, as examples:

Quote from: Help Guild Warrior
Guild Warrior     (Character)

There is only one calling which warriors follow: to fight, and perhaps to die fighting. Although motivated by innumerable goals, there are a few commonalities among warriors. In nearly all warriors there exists some notion of honour and fairness, and often a vague conception of glory.

A warrior's skills involve only the many aspects of fighting. Every warrior possesses an aptitude for all weapons, and can learn to master them far beyond the meagre abilities of other guilds. Unarmed combat, expert battle maneuvers such as disarming, the ability to hurl missiles, and the eventual expert use of bows and arrows are all part of a warrior's skills. Some master warriors can learn to bandage the wounded.

Warriors are the easiest persons to employ. They are invaluable as guards, soldiers, mercenaries, military advisors, outriders, scouts, gladiators, or even as assassins and spies. No other guild can match a warrior's combat prowess, and thus all warriors are much needed parts of any clan or mercantile operation.

Master warriors are sometimes unwillingly and automatically nominated as leaders of small armies, or as captains of tribes and outposts.

See also:
    combat, guilds

The help file suggest that warriors are the best at combat, and thus you can expect that they eventually get all combat skills.  They will get a lot of weapon skills, and they will be able to disarm, throw, and shoot bows and arrows.  And they can bandage.
Read this line:  ...the eventual expert use of bows and arrows...
That is a hint that they do not start with the archery skill, but they will eventually branch it, once one of their starting skills gets good enough.  You will "branch" to a new skill, and it will show up in your skills list.  If the skill is not in your skills list, you will not be able to do that skill.
To learn more about the warriors skills, I would suggest to check out HELP COMBAT

Quote from: Help Guild Pickpocket
Guild Pickpocket     (Character)

Pickpockets are masters of the art of stealing. They differ greatly from other thieves, such as burglars, in that the pickpocket's skill lies almost wholly in 'lifting' items directly from their victims.

Aside from stealing, a pickpocket's skills include some ability to climb walls, the knowledge of how to move silently in the city streets, and how to con merchants into giving lower prices than they intend to.

Some small skill with weapons is also a pickpocket's province. Expert pickpockets usually learn how to become unseen and how to listen to conversations going on nearby. Later on in their careers, pickpockets can learn how to effectively use a sap and knock their mark unconscious for removal of larger items, as well as silencing guards.

Typically, pickpockets work on their own, nicking whatever they can from targets passing by. However, some pickpockets can obtain contracts to steal specific items, and very good pickpockets can develop reputations which will earn them very highly paid contracts. Fortunate pickpockets are able to obtain permanent contracts with noble houses or even from templars.

See also:
    guilds

The help file suggest that pickpockets often use the STEAL skill.  To use that skill, you type:
>steal <item> <target>
To see what other people have in their inventory, or hanging on their belts, you need to use the PEEK skill.  To use that skill, you type:
>peek <target>

The pickpocket class will eventually be able to walk around to different rooms, and not show or display that you arrived from the north.  This is using the SNEAK skill.  You can also HIDE in rooms, and people will not be able to target you, if you are successfully hidden.  You can target them, but they can't see you.  Some commands, like >draw sword or >stand will break hide, and make you visible again.

Note this line:  .. Expert pickpockets usually learn how to become unseen and how to listen to conversations going on nearby....
This means that pickpockets do not start with HIDE, but will eventually branch it.  They will also eventually branch the LISTEN skill.

Not all classes get weapon skills.  If you are a merchant, you will not be able to learn how to swing a sword, thus you will be terrible at combat.  If you pick the WARRIOR class, you will not get skills that the RANGER class gets.  You should read up on all the help files for all the skills, to see what they can do.

Subclasses:
There are subclasses in the game that you picked during character creation.  This gives you extra skills to start with.  Most subclasses give a crafting skill, in addition to other skills.  ArmageddonMUD has a vast crafting system, making it so that you can almost create every item in the game with the right raw materials.
No subclass will give you a weapon skill.

Let's take a look at two subclasses:
Quote from: Help Jeweler
Subguild Jeweler     (Character)

Jewelers are skilled with crafting trinkets and tokens of adornment, working in a variety of mediums, including feathers, in such a pursuit. They are generally shrewd merchants, capable of figuring out the value and composition of items.

See Also:
    guilds, subguilds

Quote from: Help Nomad
Subguild Nomad     (Character)

Nomads, usually originating in the tablelands around Luir's Outpost, speak their own native tongue, Bendune, and are adept at shrewd bartering in the desert markets.

See Also:
    guilds, subguilds

As you can see, the Nomad subclass gets an additional language, Bendune, to start, as well as a bartering skill.  The Jeweler subclass gets jewelery crafting skills, and a skill that allows you to tell the value of specific items.
Another subclass - Thief - gets the steal skill.

NOTE:  Your subclass given skills will never get as proficient as if you were to take a main class that gets that skill.  A pickpocket will have a better steal skill than a warrior who picked the thief subclass.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 01:23:30 PM by mansa »

mansa

I emote being happy
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2008, 03:03:54 AM »
How do I emote?

ArmageddonMUD has a vast coded system to display the actions of your character.  Because it is a text based game, you can describe any action you want, and it will display to the screen.

Let's start with some quick examples:

>emote smiles and nods.
>emote lifts his hand to the side of his head, and scratches behind his ear.
>emote shrugs his shoulders, with a confused look on his face.

The tall, muscular man smiles and nods.
The tall, muscular man lifts his hand to the side of his head, and scratches behind his ear.
The tall, muscular man shrugs his shoulders, with a confused look on his face.

The next example is how to interact with other characters in your actions.  You will use the ~ symbol, and you will have to use someone's keyword.
If the small, blue-eyed boy is in the room, then these are some examples as to what will happen:
>emote waves to ~blue.
>emote points his finger at ~small.
>emote laughs and nods at ~boy.

The tall, muscular man waves to the small, blue-eyed boy
The tall, muscular man points his finger at the small, blue-eyed boy.
The tall, muscular man laughs and nods at the small, blue-eyed boy.

This will display to the small, blue-eyed boy's player as:
The tall, muscular man waves to you.
The tall, muscular man points his finger at you.
The tall, muscular man laughs and nods at you.

You can also reference other things in your emote.  There's more symbols besides ~, which can use in your emotes.  More advanced emote syntax can be found here:
Mansa's Advanced Guide to Emoting
Or you can read the helpfile here:
Help Emoting

Do not "talk" in an emote.  Use the communication commands to say things.  The reason is that if you "talk" in an emote, it bypasses the language code.
Do not force other players to do things in an emote.  When refering to what others are doing, please try and be open-ended.  Use words like, 'attempting', 'trying', and others that give the possibility for people to react to what you are doing.

KEYWORDS or picking out specific characters to interact with.

Keywords can be a hard thing to master, as some characters may have the same keywords as other characters.  If you are in a room with two characters with these descriptions, the small, blue-eyed boy, and the small, brown-eyed girl, and you wanted to refer to the girl, you may have to type this:
>emote waves to ~small.girl
Which will display to everybody in the room as:
The tall, muscular man waves to the small, brown-eyed girl.

You can also type:
>emote waves to ~2.small
Which will display to everybody in the room as:
The tall, muscular man waves to the small, brown-eyed girl.

You can seperate keywords with the '.', like small and girl.

You can also use the 2.<keyword>, or 3.<keyword> to refer to characters with the same keyword.
How do you know which ones is 2.<keyword> or 3.<keyword>?  There's a specific command for that, called the keyword command.

Example:
>keyword black
In the room:
  1.black - the black-skinned, tattooed dwarf

In Inventory:
  2.black - a black and red painted cup

In Equipment:
  3.black - a black sandcloth bandana

If you want to reference your bandana, you have to use 3.black.
Example:
>emote waves to ~1.black with ~3.black
>The tall, muscular man waves to the black-skinned, tattooed dwarf with your black sandcloth bandana.

You can also use this example:
>emote waves to ~black.dwarf with ~black.bandana
>The tall, muscular man waves to the black-skinned, tattooed dwarf with your black sandcloth bandana.

IMPORTANT NOTE:
You will probably be typing this more often than not:
>key black
>key black chest
>key black 2.chest

So get used to using it!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 12:02:43 AM by mansa »

mansa

nosave? what's that? and other miscalenaous thingies
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2008, 04:47:07 AM »
There are some important configurations that you should know of, as a new player.

Nosave

Like in Dungeons and Dragons, there are such things as "Saving Throws".  Saving Throws are automatically coded, and they help you succeed against certain coded aspects of the game.  Some examples are theft, the subdue skill, and some magick spells.   A saving throw is your resistance to these actions.

You can turn on the ability to automatically fail at something.  This sounds silly for some reason, but there are some moments when you are playing, when you don't want to automatically fight back.  The biggest example of this is Nosave Arrest, which is actually turned on for every new character.  The benefit of this is that if you do something 'bad', you won't automatically resist being subdued by the soldiers, thus making the soldiers to then try and kill you.

Here is the current list of options for nosave:
>nosave
     off : Attempt all saving throws.
     all : Fail all saving throws.
  arrest : Not resisting arrest.
   climb : Not intentionally failing at climbing.
  magick : Resisting magickal spells.
psionics : Resisting psionic abilities.
  skills : Resisting mundane skills.
  subdue : Resisting subdue attempts.
   theft : Resisting theft attempts.

It will also show the nosave flags that you have turned on when you type >stat.

NOTE:
Nosave Arrest allows soldiers to subdue you, if you are WANTED.  If you type 'Flee', to escape from a soldier, it will turn off Nosave Arrest.

There's another command that tells you more information about your character:
STAT

>stat
Your encumbrance is manageable.
You are:
Relationship to the land is neutral.
Your mood is neutral.
You are standing.
You are refusing saves on: arrest.
You are not being merciful.
You aren't watching anything in particular.

Encumberance.

As you carry more and more things, your encumbrance becomes heavier and heavier.  This affects your movement points as you walk room to room, if you are VERY HEAVY or carrying more than that.  Also, encumberance affects combat, negatively, if you are carrying too much stuff.

Relationship.

Relationship to the land is a status that is mostly used for Sorcerers, and it affects how they gather their mana.  You don't need to worry about it, since you don't have mana nor do you have spells with your characters.

Your mood is neutral

You can change the 'mood' of your character, using the >change mood <mood> command.  Some examples are:
>change mood pissed off
>change mood angry
>change mood happy

This is just a roleplay tool to help you "get into the mood" of your character.  It doesn't do much, other than help you feel how your character feels.  Don't worry, I forget about the command too!

Who
Immortals
---------

There are 0 visible Immortals currently in the world.

There are 42 players currently in the world, other than yourself.

Why are there never immortals visible?
Immortals ranked immortals of Highlord or Overlord only ever go visible.  Usually, it's to fix problems that certain characters have, whether it be with bugged items or skills.  An immortal ranked Storyteller is usually never visible.
They remain invisible because they want to, and because they would rather try and not have people wishing to them specifically about issues.  Issues about the game is what the request tool is for :)
Request Tool Link

If you have an emergency situation or bug, you can use the WISH command.  One of the Immortals should hear it, and if an Immortal has permission, they will fix it as soon as possible.  There is some issues that certain Immortals cannot help with, and the reason that they cannot help is also a reason to help prevent Favouritism from the Staff of the game.

When should I use the WISH command?

You can speak directly to the Immortals, or Game Masters, by the WISH command.  Helpfile Wish

People only wish when there is something interrupting their game play - be that characters not roleplaying, or if there is a bug they want to talk about, or if they need their new character setup into certain clans.  Some players will go years without using the WISH command.  It's an option to know about, but use only during an emergency.

Prompt
A prompt allows you to see the stats of your character, across the bottom of the screen.  It will update when you press the enter key.  You can modify it to display more than just your health, movement, and stun points.

The available parameters for prompt are:

%h   current health                %H   maximum health
      %m   current mana                  %M   maximum mana
      %v   current stamina               %V   maximum stamina
      %t   current stun                  %T   maximum stun
      %l   long description status       %L   your long description
      %n   your name                     %i   your invisibility status
      %s   your current position         %f   your flying status
      %o   the language you're speaking  %a   your accent
      %k   what you're riding            %w   how fast you're walking
      %A   if you are armed or not       %O   your current mood

You can also use "\n" to skip to a new line.

Some examples would be:

>prompt %h(%H) %v(%V) %t(%T) Speaking:%o\n %k mood:%O %A>
100(100) 115(115) 100(100) Speaking:sirihish
 riding: none mood:neutral armed >

or the default:

>prompt %h(%H) %v(%V) %t(%T)>
100(100) 115(115) 100(100)>
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 02:11:49 PM by mansa »

mansa

Re: Okay, I made a Character, what do I do?
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2008, 09:47:55 PM »
How do I pick up items from the ground?

You can either type 'get' or 'take' to pick up items from the ground.  You must type "get <item keyword> <location>".  If you don't specific a location, the default is the ground in the room you are currently in.

Example:
>get coins
>get coins backpack
>take sword backpack
>take all corpse

Notice you can specific an individual keyword, or you can specific ALL items using the all keyword.

How do I put items into specific places, like in a chest or on the ground?

To place items or drop items on the ground, the command is, "Drop <item keyword>"

>drop pack
>drop all
>drop 15 coins

If you "Drop All", you will drop everything in your inventory.  You need to specify the specific number of coins you want to drop, too.

If you wanted to place items in a chest, the command is "Put <item keyword> <location>"

>put sword backpack
>put shirt closet
>put bone chest
>put 99 coins belt

Again, if you want to put any coins in your pockets, you need to specify the specific number of coins.

You can also use the "all" token, too:

>put all.red chest
>put all.feathers bin
>get all.white.leather footlocker
>get all.dusty shelf
>put all.dusty shelves

How do I get more water to drink?

Your character starts with a waterskin item.  When you drink all of the water, you need to find a water seller.

The syntax to get more water is:
>fill skin

You can buy food at the taverns, or at the "grocery" stores about the city.  They sell items, like a bag of flour, that you can CRAFT into travel cakes.

I suggest to read these help files:
HELP COOKING
HELP FILL
HELP CRAFTING

In Allanak, the water seller is in this room:
Inside the Temple of the Dragon [W]
   The great obsidian blocks that form the jagged exterior of this
temple have been cut into a dull black dome that reaches nearly fifty
cords at its pinnacle.  Etched into the dome is the figure of a great
white dragon screaming towards the temple floor.  The fine white lines
defining the body of the dragon converge into a sinewy tail that
wraps around the walls, spiraling down until it merges into the
temple floor.  Scenes of battles and magicks, many of them prominently
featuring smaller versions of the dragon, cover the spiraling tail.
   The smooth black floor of the temple is bare except for the
great fountain of a thin templar rising from the temple floor itself,
his eyes raised in exultation towards the screaming dragon and his
hands outstretched, pouring water into the wide, clear pool in which
he stands.  White robed templars shuffle quietly about the temple,
while a line of supplicants stretches out the great black-stained
wooden door to the west, waiting for the statue's bounty.
A white robed templar carefully attends the fountain.

In Tuluk, the water seller is in this room:
Within an Agafari Hut [Leave]
   Poles of sanded agafari have been fixed neatly into the ground and
have been lashed together, tied so that they curve into a tidy knot in the
center of the hut's ceiling.  The ground is composed of hard-packed earth
which has been covered by a variety of tribal rugs.  Rows of neatly arranged
barrels adorn the eastern wall and the room is filled with the heady scent
of moisture.  
The knobby, grey-tufted man stands behind a counter with bright eyes.

He is technically in a "hut", that you must ENTER.  To get out of the hut, you must LEAVE.
The room where the hut sits is here:
Medichi's Walk [EW]
   Flat pieces of sandstone cover the ground here, set a bit unevenly to
make a wide path that winds itself in and out of the assortment of thatched
buildings that make up the majority of this quarter's structures.  A few
scraggly, thin-leaved loreshi bushes and tufts of brown grass have taken
root on both sides of the path, sticking up from the dry ground.  The
sandstone pieces are of different shapes and vary slightly in color, giving
the path a rather charmingly mismatched appearance.  
A small, agafari hut sits just off the path.

As you can see, A small, agafari hut sits just off the path refers to a building that you can ENTER.  To enter it, type >enter hut

There are many huts and tents and buildings and archways and wagons that you can ENTER and LEAVE.  Explore some!  HELP ENTER
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 08:51:01 PM by mansa »

mansa

How to buy and sell items, and equip yourself!
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2009, 01:32:13 PM »
Buy

To purchase new equipment, like a helmet or a sword, you need to find a NPC merchant.  They usually have a long description that says:
A grizzled, tough-looking old weaponsmith stands behind the massive counter.

To see what the NPC merchant is selling, use the 'list' command.

>list
the grizzled, tough-looking weaponsmith has the following goods to trade:
01) a black-chitin knife for 39 obsidian coins.
02) a black-fletched, agate-headed arrow for 140 obsidian coins.
03) a bone longsword for 122 obsidian coins.
04) a clawed bone scimitar for 306 obsidian coins.
05) a grey agafari staff for 105 obsidian coins.
06) a blackened long bone staff for 105 obsidian coins.
07) a long, obsidian-headed spear for 72 obsidian coins.
08) a maroon baobab longsword for 126 obsidian coins.
09) an obsidian dagger for 27 obsidian coins.
10) an obsidian knife for 29 obsidian coins.
11) an obsidian longsword for 65 obsidian coins.
12) an obsidian shortsword for 50 obsidian coins.
13) an obsidian-headed polished-bone mace for 153 obsidian coins.
14) a slender bone sword for 102 obsidian coins.
15) a slender wooden spear for 98 obsidian coins.

You can use "list grizzled" to specify the NPC merchant, as there may be two or more NPC merchants in the room, but usually there is only one.
You can also use "list <merchant> sword" to list all the specific items with the keyword, "sword".

>list grizzled sword
03) a bone longsword for 122 obsidian coins.
08) a maroon baobab longsword for 126 obsidian coins.
11) an obsidian longsword for 65 obsidian coins.
12) an obsidian shortsword for 50 obsidian coins.
14) a slender bone sword for 102 obsidian coins.

To view the description and some of the usage of the items, use the view command.  It will also tell you a bit more about the item, depending on the type of item, your skills that your character has, and the strength of your character.

Here are two examples:

>view #11
   A medium-long piece of black obsidian, chiseled into a narrow slashing
blade. A leather strap is wrapped around the base to form the grip.
You test its weight and decide that you could use it.
An obsidian longsword seems to be a slashing weapon.
An obsidian longsword appears unremarkable to your eyes.

>view staff
Medium grey agafari wood forms this seemingly well-balanced staff of just
over four cords' length.  The weapon is about one-and-a-half inches thick
along most of its length, and the ends have been sanded down to form smooth
hemispheres.  
A grey agafari staff can be worn across one's back.
This is a two-handed weapon.
It would be too large to sheathe on a belt.
A grey agafari staff appears unremarkable to your eyes.

Let's explain a bit more of the lines here.

An obsidian longsword seems to be a slashing weapon.
You will have a line that displays which "TYPE" of weapon it is, if you happen to have the corresponding weapon skill.  The character who typed, "view #11", happened to have the slashing weapons skill.
You will note that the weapon, 'a grey agafari staff', does not display which weapon type it is.  You can assume it is a bludgeoning weapon, and the character who typed, "view staff", did not have the bludgeoning weapons skill.

That means you can wield it in one hand.  Some weapons are too heavy to use with one hand, and it will display that.

This is a two-handed weapon.
This is pretty obvious.  You must use this weapon with two hands.  To do so, use the "etwo staff" command.

It would be too large to sheathe on a belt.
Most weapons, you can sheathe on your belt, if you are wearing a belt.  It will 'hang' on your belt, leaving your hands free.  The staff is too big, so it cannot be sheathed on your belt.  You can also sheathe "large" weapons on your back, using the "sheath weapon back" command.

A grey agafari staff can be worn across one's back.
The staff can also be "worn" in an equipment slot, which is the "back" slot.

Sell and Offer

If you have items that you do not want, you may want to sell some items.  Usually, you need to find a NPC merchant who sells the types of item that you want to sell yourself.  A weapon merchant will buy a weapon, but a weapon merchant will not purchase a cloak.

The syntax to see items is this:

>offer knife
The grizzled, tough-looking weaponsmith says to you:
     "I shall buy a thin bone knife from you for 4 obsidian coins."
>barter

You must first OFFER an item to a NPC merchant, to see if he wants it, and how much he will buy it for.  Then you must BARTER to seal the deal.
Most places, you cannot use the SELL command.  Use Offer/Barter for an easier time.

Wear

You can type, EQUIPMENT, to see what you are wearing.  (Or just EQ)

These are the wear locations:   HELP WEAR LOCATION
You are using:
<worn on head>
<worn in hair>
<worn in right ear>
<worn in left ear>
<worn around neck>
<worn about throat>
<worn across back>
<slung across back>
<right shoulder>
<left shoulder>
<worn on torso>
<worn on arms>
<worn around wrist>
<worn around wrist>
<worn on forearms>
<worn on hands>
<primary hand>
<secondary hand>
<worn on right finger>
<worn on left finger>
<worn on right finger>
<worn on left finger>
<worn on right finger>
<worn on left finger>
<worn on right pinky>
<worn on left pinky>
<worn on right thumb>
<worn on left thumb>
<worn as belt>
<hung from belt>
<hung from belt>
<worn around body>
<worn about waist>
<worn on legs>
<worn on right ankle>
<worn on left ankle>
<worn on feet>

Most armour is worn on these locations:
head, neck, hands, arms, torso, waist, legs, and feet.

You type:  
wear item <location>

Examples:
>wear cloak about
>wear necklace throat
>wear ring
>wear belt belt

You cannot pick which finger to wear your rings on, currently.  You have to fiddle with wear / remove.

To take off a piece of clothing, you type:
remove item

Examples:
>remove cloak
>remove necklace
>remove ring
>remove 2.belt

Tailor
So, you just bought a piece of armour that doesn't fit you.  You need to find a tailor in order to fix it up, and resize it to your size.  Usually, tailors are near sellers of armour.  The syntax to tailor something is: >tailor <item>

I suggest to "offer" an item, beforehand, to see how much it will cost and how long it will take.  Most tailors are located in the city's major bazaar area.

In Allanak, the armor tailor is in this room:
Salarr's Arms and Armor Repair [NES]
   A long, curving half-moon shaped counter protrudes from the back
wall of this smaller shop, nestled in the corner of a long, stone and
mud-brick building run by House Salarr.  Behind the counter sits a blocky
tangle of lathes, vises, and maneuverable bone mannequins, each with
one or another weapon or piece of armor stretched across or held within.
Flickering torches send a murky shadow over the recesses of the shop,
their soot having darkened the naturally reddish stone walls to a hardened
black in places.  To the south, the building opens up to a larger shop, while
to the east the open wall of the building leads into the main bazaar.
A lean, square-jawed woman sits on a bench, working on a piece of armor.

The clothing tailor is in this room:
Tallambre's Workshop [_S]
   Busy apprentices scuttle from table to table, carrying armfuls of
clothing for resizing, as well as bolts of fabric, spools of thread and
other necessities.  Fluffs of threads and bits of cloth litter the floor,
stirring with each gust of wind that makes its dusty way into the small shop
through the open archway, outside of which the racket and bustle of the
outside Bazaar resounds.  A small, drawn sign has been affixed to the side
wall.  
A hard-faced tailor stands here, scowling at a piece of work.

In Tuluk, the armor and clothing tailor are in the same HUT, though in separate rooms.  This is the room where the hut is:
Moire's Vision [EW]
   Flat pieces of sandstone cover the ground here, set a bit unevenly to
make a wide path that winds itself in and out of the assortment of thatched
buildings that make up the majority of this quarter's structures.  A few
scraggly, thin-leaved loreshi bushes and tufts of brown grass have taken
root on both sides of the path, sticking up from the dry ground.  The
sandstone pieces are of different shapes and vary slightly in color, giving
the path a rather charmingly mismatched appearance.  
   A small hut sits to the north, leaning up against a thick, baobab
wall, while the path continues to the east and west.

You type ENTER HUT to enter the tailors hut.

A Cluttered Tailorshop [E Leave]
   Simple wooden shelves have been attached to the walls of this small
hut.  Pieces of cloth, thread and small tools meant for sewing fill the
shelves, and small, oddly-shaped patches of textile lie on the floor mixed
with short threads, and the odd bone needle.  A flimsy blue carpet covers
the floor, crafted from plain cotton, and a thicker, woven carpet in a
darker blue sits in a corner of the room, next to a low table with scissors,
needles and other tools.  A rectangular piece of sturdy canvas lies just by
the southern doorway, inviting customers to brush their sandy boots off
before entering the shop.  
   The hut continues eastwards into an adjacent room.
   [OOC: For instructions on using a tailor, see the helpfile TAILOR.]
A buxom, dark-haired guard stands nearby watching the shop.
A narrow-eyed man sits cross-legged on a carpet, bent over his work.

As you can see, the room has specific exits, listed here:
[E Leave]
If you go East, you will move into the Armor Tailor section.  The main room is the Cloth Tailor.
Remember, type LEAVE to edit a hut or wagon or building
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 03:12:51 PM by mansa »

Rahnevyn

• Legend
Re: Mansa's Beginners Guide to ArmageddonMUD
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2009, 11:29:20 PM »
I have split discussion out of this thread to here. Please discuss changes/updates to this post in that thread. Future posts in this thread should be further guides adding to the material (by mansa or others.)
Quote from: Rock
Scissors are fine.  Please nerf paper.
Quote from: Cutthroat (paraphrased)
If you care about an issue enough, make a new thread for it, because RAT is literally the worst thread for a sustained discussion about anything

Adhira

• Producer
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2009, 12:11:07 AM »
Please feel free to keep adding to this thread. Once it reaches a stage of 'completion' (as deemed by you the players) we can look at a few options including stickying this and adding it to the website in a prominent position so that newbies can access it as they first enter the game.

Please refer to Rahnevyns post above re: Comments thread.
"It doesn't matter what country someone's from, or what they look like, or the color of their skin. It doesn't matter what they smell like, or that they spell words slightly differently, some would say more correctly." - Jemaine Clement. FOTC.

My 2 sids

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2009, 07:38:14 AM »
Examples

To really get a feel for this game try reading a few Subbmited stories  and  Logs. 
"The Highlord casts a shadow because he does not want to see skin!" -- Boog

<this space for rent>

Qzzrbl

• Derp
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2010, 09:06:58 PM »
The section about "skills" needs to be updated.
Quote from: MeTekillot
This probably sounds like I'm advocating MMF threesomes that include me but I honestly wouldn't know what to do in that situation. Jazz hands, maybe.

Barsook

• Helper
    • The Sense of Openness
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2012, 12:29:48 PM »
Deleted