How Many PCs Have You Had?

Started by a french mans shirt, December 20, 2016, 07:48:57 AM

July 24, 2022, 11:00:22 AM #250 Last Edit: July 24, 2022, 11:05:25 AM by Halcyon
I thought it was higher than 216.

Characters registered to you:

3) Marek - Dead - A bumbling stonecrafter pressed into service by Qoriya, "to make sure you arent a heretic rukkian".

6) Olat - Stored.  Salarr dwarf merchant under Merchant Vahid.  When your merchant orders four hundred arrows,...

47) Merric - Stored - Housepet to Lorana Kassigarh and Dargan.  Rented out to other new nothern nobles as an ATM.

64) Venomed - Dead - Red Fang Viv helping to build the new village.  Spiders will chase you off the shield wall.

65) Tukil - Dead - My first long lived.  Thrown out of service to Raleris, Byn Sergeant under Raul, Tor Senior Red under Mallor and Khem.

72) Havien - Dead - Byn sergeant when the flood hit Tuluk.

75) Margrete - Dead - Southern merchant killed for NOT sleeping with a templar.

78) Snicker - Dead - City elf Byn Trooper under Sergeant Dregg. 

81) Gorin - Dead - A max age, 2 day played, "just manifested" house servant Rukkian.  One of the most fun I have had in Arm, ever.

82) Bull - Dead - A Byn Trooper HG someone tried to promote to Sergeant.   Everyone involved died.

84) Fel - Dead - A Byn Trooper city elf dirtbag maximus. 

94) Brot - Dead - My longest lived.   Northern HG warrior who fought kryl, paid the Akai Sjir to be his friend, and was manipulated by a southern peraine thief.

98) Nikin - Dead - Human Byn Trooper under Sergeants Russ, Ryatt and Stump. Merchant, and one of the first aggressor subguilds in the game.   Assassinated for a riotously fun rivalry with Kurac agent Samar.  One of my longest lived.

104) Cub - Dead - 1 day played ridiculously fun min age HG, afraid of everything.   Someone said the Tan Muark stole cubs, and it was ON.

112) Urk - Dead  - 5 day Hg burglar, in Kadius as a hired assassin.   Vulgar all the time, with those forty stone throwing boulders.

115) Pike - Dead - min age HG Trooper unmanifested Vivaduan, being trained in the Byn under Sergeant Armali.  All four stats were poor.   Hilarity ensued.

120) Somna - Dead - Northern city elf performance artist.   Regularly tipped and applauded until someone took exception and killed him one step off stage.

128) Needle - Dead - Byn city elf Trooper under Sergeants Rault and Cilla.   Ran his whole life from multiple sorcs.   

147> Burning Seed - Dead - Byn Trooper "Perfect" under Sergeants Noose, Jacke, Andol, Mul, etc.  Fought and survived the Salt flats battle, and died in single combat to the Crimson Wind.

154) Phazeel - Stored - A city elf, and one of my rare dips into thievery.   Stealing fun, incessant high volume family drama not fun.

156) Stonefoot - Dead - Dwarven Byn Trooper, died when the Templar yelled for everyone to take a step forward against the Crimson Wind, and everyone else including the Templar took a step back.

166) through 178) Redacted - Dead, too soon

Different account

6) Indol - Stored - City Byn Trooper under Sergeant Nuthys and Garrison sparring dummy under Armali

26) Death of Dreams - Dead - City elf pretending to be a Dune Stalker.    Fantasy ended by the Crimson Wind.

27 - 38) Dead
Its the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fiiiiiine.

July 29, 2022, 07:05:10 PM #251 Last Edit: July 31, 2022, 10:46:48 PM by Shaydee
I've had 26 since starting ACTUALLY starting playing in 2019, and one that I made in 2017 but played less than a week before going two years. Of those 26(27) very few are memorable to me, I have this habit of having a somewhat long-lived character then a few that die super quick, or that I end up storing because I tried hopping back in too quickly after losing a long lived character..

Maru was my first! She was a merchant? The only character I got to make from those classes before the class change! She liked making jewelry mostly, Polain and Telo are who helped me really get into the game, then after their deaths she worked for Khataleia  (and Nails!) which made me OOC terrified because Templars were scary (still are but that's besides the point!) I ended up storing because I was super nervous all the time and I super regret it and probably always will.

Next was Mila! Milatzi the songbird, I really bullshitted my way through with that one, I don't know how she did it, but I really really loved playing her and I definitely cried when she got killed, it was my first time dying to another PC, and I just kind of froze up for a good 10-15 seconds like uhh, what what do I do?!  ;D Really enjoyed playing with so many people, Mags, TomTom, Suma, Tariq, ugh there was this tribal couple too but I can't for the life of me remember their names.. Anyway, props to you all, loved that time in Kurac so much!

Next was Pip! Pipperi, I actually wanted her to work for Kadius, but through fun IC circumstances out of her control, Pip ended up at the atrium and eventually aide for Lord Antonious Borsail, that was an interesting play through, so much fun and I enjoyed so many people there too! Ing, I loved to hate Ing but also learned so much about the game from playing with Ing, so thank you for that. I always felt bad cause I couldn't stay up often to play during peak, felt like I always missed out on a lot of stuff because of it.

Alara - probably my favorite character played to date. So much bad shit happened to Alara, but it made for such an interesting time. From her time in the Arm as a terrible soldier, to helping defend Yaroch during the festival despite no longer being a soldier, and almost dying then- to getting her hand cut off  later by the crimson wind- that was a fun time! I ended up taking a surprise break for a month or so  after that, but came back and worked for the Den, just doing laborious shit. Grebbing was her thing, getting gems for anyone who needed it. Died on her way back from looking for fucking jade by herself, go figure.  She was a laborer - linguist. Mundane shit can be fun too.  ;)

Uhh, Khianeh and Aviyatri were some bynners I played for a short while. Oh and Bristi my kuraci crafter when shit was going down. That's it for possible memorable characters that have been gone for over a year.

I can't believe it's been almost two years since I made Alara! I saw that and was like dang  :'(

The naked chubby winged halfling flaps its wings and blows you a kiss!

Quote from: mansa on June 03, 2018, 12:47:20 PM
Characters registered to you:
  1) Palk - Dead
  2) Duhe - Dead
  3) Ehud - Dead
  4) Pekel - Dead
  5) Mansa - Dead    <- account system started here.  named account after character?  sure.
  6) Palka - Dead
  7) Benjamin - Dead
  8) Joash - Dead      <- whiran exploring spells.  this was before the starting spells being in email and the symbol command.   I think.
  9) Rob - Dead
  10) Ghrisnabk - Dead
  11) Nutnutnut - Dead    <- trying out a halfgiant with a stupid name
  12) Bukkii - Dead
  13) Ute - Dead
  14) Tudd - Dead
  15) Bocephus - Dead
  16) Hugo - Dead
  17) Garok - Dead
  18) Zicri - Dead   <- PC gith.  Made a lot of stupid mistakes.
  19) Whilliamn - Dead
  20) Victor - Dead
  21) Nicolae - Dead
  22) Creslin - Dead   <- First Sorcerer.  Made a lot of stupid mistakes.
  23) Loras - Dead    <-   NPC child turned PC in Kadius.   Spice + gates.
  24) Oseart - Dead
  25) Dinnidi - Dead
  26) Buzi - Dead
  27) Choaz - Dead
  28) Tersburg - Dead
  29) Martul - Dead
  30) Kamibal - Dead   <- Darkmoon Raider who joined Borsail to be an inside man, and like Borsail better.  Corporal Bal.
  31) Keilwhae - Dead
  32) Ewaie - Stored
  33) Astic - Dead
  34) Tobanis - Dead
  35) Larmit - Dead
  36) Bylen - Dead
  37) Amma - Dead
  38) Harun - Dead
  39) Pud - Dead
  40) Maruch - Dead
  41) Densy - Stored
  42) Iolo - Stored   <- Trying out Bards in Tuluk before Bards were a thing.
  43) Ugly - Dead
  44) Oseres - Dead    <- longest lived character.  Kadian.  2004
  45) Legs - Dead
  46) Lychovacien - Stored   <- Salarr? Maybe a noble?  Stored quickly - too quickly into a Political sponsored role after Oseres.
  47) Gimburk - Dead
  48) Slin - Dead
  49) Lilalco - Dead
  50) Nardi - Dead   <-   Assassin human who would walk around the world and explore.  Found some cool stuff.  Collected Pet items and tried to get Mekeda to make 'pet battling' a thing.   Before WoW launched MoP.    I think?
  51) Lychi - Dead
  52) Jadros - Dead
  53) Nognogaya - Dead
  54) Shinks - Dead
  55) Piraet - Dead
  56) Dusty - Dead
  57) Petar - Stored
  58) Sasanri - Dead
  59) Indi - Stored
  60) Filian - Dead
  61) Jang - Dead
  62) Glom - Dead
  63) Nomt - Dead
  64) Pecly - Dead
  65) Hakri - Dead
  66) Arbood - Dead
  67) Tandy - Dead - Tried to start a thieves' union in Tuluk.  Joined the Army and was a scout.
  68) Yann - Dead  - Known as Marin, Psionicist, 2nd longest lived character.   Was under Gin.  There's a picture of him on the website.   2006~2007?
  69) Crook - Dead
  70) Getin - Dead
  71) Talious - Stored
  72) Valantine - Dead  - Kadian.   Gates+Spice.
  73) Kokos - Dead
  74) Charathi - Stored   <- City Elf Tribe in Tuluk.  I think Real Life got in the way.
  75) Cape - Stored
  76) Ecknihm - Dead
  77) Bamn - Dead
  78) Toty - Dead - Also known as Mal in the 'rinth.  NPC got me.   2010?
  79) *** - Dead  - 2016
  80) *** - Stored
  81) *** - Alive

79) Nachum - Dead  - (May 24, 2017) First character back after a 6 year break.  Tried to start a gambling hall in the empty Gan Zein Market.  Also known as Sour, also know as Blue.  Tried to buy a two-room tent from some eastside elves and the westside thought he was a spy.  Nope!  Just trying to navigate alleyway politics.
  80) Ruffle - Stored - (Aug 31, 2017) Kuraci Blood.  Played for 4 hours.  I got immediately lost and had no direction and didn't know what to do, and just stopped logging in.  (I think it had to do with not knowing anything of the previous Kuraci characters and what they were attempting to do, and not knowing what my immediate direction was) After a month of not logging in, I was asked if I wanted to continue or store, and I chose store.
  81) Marst - Dead - (Nov 3, 2017) Labyrinth half-elf who wanted to be like other elves around him.  Was an assassin / travel whiran.  Joined the Dust Runners and mostly played solo.  I had myself a lot of great fun.  I fell off the shield wall.  He went by the name Antsy, (a homage to the Malazan book)  He loved his crossbows (also a homage to the Malazan books)
  82) Karnel - Stored - (Nov 2, 2018) A fat miscreant from Morin's Village, who was based off of Kruppe from the Malazan books.  Got bored and stopped logging in, stored 6 months later)
  83) Flow - Dead  - (Jun 11, 2019) A 'rinthi female miscreant + marksman character, based off of Laseen from the Malazan books.  Started a shop in the Gan Zein marketplace, and brought some NPCs into there.  Ran the Folley Tavern for a bit, but her love was being a corporate manager of the market.  Longest character so far.   (Died Jan 23, 2021)
  84) *** - Stored - I wanted to "try hard mode" character.
  85) *** - Dead - I dumpstated strength as a Soldier class with the description of "muscular" and rolled poor strength twice.  Halaster laughed at me twice.
  86) *** - Alive
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

I've been debating adding my own to this. I tend keep to myself, but this one time, I'll share:

In my 20+ years here, I've had a total of 20-something PCs. Low 20's, even. I tend to play it safe, play it obsessively and then burnout for 1-2 years. Here's a handful of some of my favorites:

3) Calla -  If I were to rank favorites, this one is my (hands-down) #1 of all time on any MUD. Back when PC slaves were actually allowed. She started out meant to be a feral-like girl toy to a fellow mudder. He died on Day 1, coming to get her from Storm. Instead of storing, I got to Nak, somehow?? Bit and growled at a few people at the Gaj, crouched and slavered in the corner, shoved greasy handouts in her beltpouches to eat later until finally, a Templar strolled in and slapped a collar on her. HUGE RPT killed him off, and she ended up a slave to Pearl at the Atrium. You know. Back when it was just becoming a minor merchant house. Long story short, because I could go on and on, she stopped biting people, cleaned up, was freed, became Captain of the Atrium guard, and lover to Pearl's son who had taken over the business when Mum died. Stored when he did. Not coincidentally, it was during this character who started out biting everyone that I made this GDB account.  ;D

14) Edahla, aka Dahl - A little girlish woman who loved shiny rocks and made friends with everyone - elves, gicks, mutants. Clearly had some mental development problems. Someone asked after her on the "What Happened to..?" thread. After her elf "guardian" Smokes vanished, she was looked after by some other folks. Pretty sure that connection resulted in her apartment never getting robbed. Not ever. (That I'd noticed.) Ended up taking a taboo lover who proved to be the end of her. Whenever I think of that last night, I still reel over it. Never saw it coming. Sigh.

20) Taga, aka "Niblet" - Little horned mutant in the Byn with a lust for life, poor strength, and a constant disappointment that she didn't have boobs. I made this one mostly for funnies, but ended up having a great story to go along with her. She was a fun little liar storyteller, and for some reason, had Byn men falling over each other for her attention. Wut? Lasted 3 months before she died pointlessly. For LOVE. No regrets.

38 since 2021 :D

That said, I tend to play a lot of explorers/combat characters and did a lot of exploration and playing around in my first year of play.
Anything can be improved with the addition of bacon.

"Who was that little female bard that would brawl all the time?"

That was Tomija- "TomTom". 
Sitting in your comfort,
You don't believe I'm real,
But you cannot buy protection
from the way that I feel.

Quote from: Gwoshi on August 21, 2022, 07:26:43 PM
20) Taga, aka "Niblet" - Little horned mutant in the Byn with a lust for life, poor strength, and a constant disappointment that she didn't have boobs. I made this one mostly for funnies, but ended up having a great story to go along with her. She was a fun little liar storyteller, and for some reason, had Byn men falling over each other for her attention. Wut? Lasted 3 months before she died pointlessly. For LOVE. No regrets.

Such a tragic ending.. Getting whipped to unconsciousness only to watch the emotes helplessly was rough. I loved the character! :D

I've had 34 characters. I've always been an inconsistent bit player so there's nothing impressive, but here's a sample of the ones I have strong memories of that I think other people might remember:

3. Phala - 2008 - Dwarf burglar who joined the Tor Scorpions (i was such a noob), stored after the very active leader died and b/c I had now idea where to take the character.

5. Amos - 2009 - Bynner who fled Allanak after pissing off a noble, fell off the Shield Wall, miraculously found water, and made it to Luir's with the help of some desert elves, where he took an assumed name and joined Kurac. Stored.

10. Tzajel - 2010 - Dwarf assassin who spent a year in the Byn, and later died by miskeying and accidentally backstabbing someone's mount.

15. Demdekre - 2010 - Old man from Red Storm.  Died to a beetle.

16. Wedna - 2010  to 2011 - Tuluki who had a career in the Byn and briefly served as Sergeant before I had to step back because of playtime constraints. Eventually stored. She was a human-passing half-elf.

22. Yatha - 2012 to 2013 - Dwarven pickpocket, this was a family rolecall and her brothers all died while I had a period of hiatus.  Became a shadow artist employed as a Tenneshi "cook" before eventual storage.

25. Dalt - 2013 - Filthy rinthi gemmer, got himself executed after literally shitting on people with status.

27. Lettle - 2015 to 2016 - Human rinthi pickpocket.  Never really amounted to anything but had fun being her. Stored because of play time issues.

32. Eirios AKA "Arrows" - 2018 - Whira-touched elven rinthi pickpocket.  Amazingly fun but short-lived guy who made a bunch of enemies.  Died when he exposed himself despite knowing there was a price on his head and he was being actively hunted in order to elf-test a friend.

34. Otelia - 2021 - Joined the Legion and had so much fun directly participating in the re-opening of Tuluk, and was very sad when I realized I just no longer had time to play and needed to store.

I haven't had time to play since storing Otelia due to work and other major things happening in my life, but fond memories :)

I was so happy when Flow finally built her gambling den.  I think Mansa's been trying to build one for ten+ years.

10) Runner/Recruit/Private/Praetorian/Private/Corporal Zeph (Nov 2019 to Aug 2021, 90 days 16 hours played)

The character I'm most proud of, created with the hidden goal of living as long as possible. Militia Corporal who would take bribes from anyone, but it wouldn't matter, because he looked the other way in any case.  As lazy as it can get, but a good soldier occasionally. Outlived five Militia Sergeants. Cheers!

September 15, 2022, 05:32:39 AM #260 Last Edit: September 15, 2022, 05:34:10 AM by Inks
Hey Zeph my man, I played Hoge, and it was no secret to him. I even made a couple of songs about Zeph's avoidance of conflict and ability to look the other way, remember? And performed them for you! How'd you die? :-*

Big Kudos m8.

Quote from: Inks on September 15, 2022, 05:32:39 AM
Hey Zeph my man, I played Hoge, and it was no secret to him. I even made a couple of songs about Zeph's avoidance of conflict and ability to look the other way, remember? And performed them for you! How'd you die? :-*

Big Kudos m8.

Thanks! Hoge was awesome, and the songs were great. Zeph was about to be banished from the city for being too lazy and skipping the war effort, OOCd for alternatives since it would have resulted in storage, so got execution instead. So in some strange way, a fitting end.

In my first year of play over 50 PCs... After that learning curve most PCs lasted a RL year if I passed that 7days played mark with them.
Big thank you goes to the staff and the time they put into keeping up with my turn over rate of PCs. Thank you!!

Quote from: Tuannon on July 20, 2022, 11:27:13 AM
Quote from: Tuannon on June 03, 2018, 11:39:13 AM
Maybe 12 since 1999... Let me log on and check.

1. Kyr - Stored - Borsail recruit who made it to Sergeant, lived about 60 days played as an assassin in an at the time full unit of Amber Wyverns. Stored over something I said OOC to a player.

2. Drokh - Died to a Raptor - Indy ranger around Tuluk, really boring to play and kind of why I never play 'full' rangers any more.

3. Tembrik - Died to a Well - Rinther dwarf, gave me a reason to not like the rinth. But to be fair, dwarves are kinda out of place there in the raw political sense.

4. Emokir - Died to a Whiran (?) - Semi Tuluki Ranger who made his living as a courier. Notable waylaid by a rukkian for a frypan and delivered some troll letters for Ceylara Borsail to Tuluk.

5. Coaxoch - Stored - Tribal warrior who walked to Allanak from Tuluk over the course of a while, joined Kadius out of desperation, ended up running the southern crew.

6. Buhz - Force Stored (93) - Last long lived human slave PC before they lowered the boom on that stuff. Served Ceylara Borsail, most notably saved her from a Roc (thanks Veddi). Long lived, boring personality due to heavy Borsail indoctrination.

7. Greffokh - Stored - Tuluki Legionaire, did a bunch of stuff for a few Jihaens, defied orders to save some little kid templar from a kryl, stored over in clan politics I didn't care for.

8. Otiartes - Templared - Spider disaster survivor, used to slack off in the tavern. Ended up being accused of being a mindworm and executed by his Corporal. Wasn't a mindworm.

9. Khax - Stored - Had a cooler full name (Ilu'Khax) but hell if I remember it, loyal servant of Raleris Winrothol who used to hunt with Fanny a lot for training (and spying) purposes. Used to train with city elves a lot to keep an eye on them and help them out, not as smart as people thought he was.

10. Rihat - Dasari-ed - Some fuckwit stableboy who hired on with Salarr and ended up running the show (from the practical side). Sold out by someone, the usual politics. Also appreciated the gloating DM from a player claiming to have orchestrated this event.

I have three after Rihat but I'm not really keen on talking about them. I didn't enjoy them really also the year thing.

11. Thonapa - Stored - Made a character intended on being a medic in the Legion or a Partisan support character. Tuluk closed and I didn't feel like setting up shop with the Crimson Wind after riding (without direction sense) across the world.

12. Dimerita - Dead - Started as a Bynner, ended up being hired by Beikon Oash as an adjunct and almost made Advisor. Was extremely paranoid so didn't do the seggs, was eventually killed for it (and probably other reasons) in the Elite barracks meeting room by a krathi.

13. Masiri - Stored - Al'Seik hunter I made after a discussion with an ex-staffer about tribal lore, was kind of fun but really joined the Seik at a downswing in good fit opportunities. I ended up storing because I wasn't enjoying being stuck in camp for months on end due to elves, rampaging gith or there being nothing to eat that could be hunted. The solution here would have been take wilderness forage.

14. STILL ALIVE

So yeah, all mundane humans aside from Tembrik. And really more role players than magnificent world changers as is my wont.

!!! - Unchanged

I'm on 95 right now
"This is a game that has elves and magick, stop trying to make it realistic, you can't have them both in the same place."

"We have over 100 Unique Logins a week!" Checks who at 8pm EST, finds 20 other players but himself.  "Thanks Unique Logins!"

Since the early 90's and across 6 different accounts, I think around 600 characters. 
With Karma around, a total of 2, never got the chance to prove myself, so after close to 75 rejections for sponsored roles, I stopped giving a shit and started Yolo'ing. Though I have had stints where I was carrying everything since noone was playing the game, but hey, sour grapes right.