5 (4.7%)
Red Storm
3 (2.8%)
Wanderer
17 (16%)

Total Members Voted: 103

Voting closed: June 16, 2004, 09:50:33 PM

Where is everyone located?
Any particular reason you chose that place?

I'm not there.
I'm on the Vestric Space Station.   Serious.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: "mansa"I'm not there.

With magickers stuffed up a rocket's arse, shooting fireballs to launch you off.

I chose Nak because it was my first real character and I had played previously in Nak and wanted to get to know it.

IC reason:

Tuluk, because I went on a contract there, got stuck for awhile, got used to it, and kinda like the weather, even though I'll deny it to an inch of my life.

OOC reason:
Uh, cause my char likes it.

Because I like to take turns and play different areas. :)

Wanderer, because I haven't played one in a long time, and it's lots of fun.

damn I didn't notice wanderer so I put down Tuluk

I guess I spend most of my time in Tuluk though.
Crackageddon.... once an addict, always an addict

Quote from: "mansa"I'm not there.

I knew it. Mansa is an imm.  :shock:

Cant say why I chose my location, too IC. Dum di dum.

Allanak - I like to bounce around though with different types of roles in different places so I don't get caught up in the same stuff again too soon. I think the 'rinth is my favourite place though from what I've seen so far.
You can't trust any bugger further than you can throw him, and there's nothing you can do about it, so let's have a drink" Dydactylos' philosophical mix of the Cynics, the Stoics and the Epicureans (Small Gods, Terry Pratchett)

I can't answer this poll.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

You left off Luir's and Tan serak...

but I play my rangers in Tuluk, because I like the area better.

I play my elementalist in Allanak, because well it a lot easier to just be a gemmed elementalist rather than hiding it sitting out in the desert casting spells.  In allanak I can at least take a break and go sit in a tavern without a) waiting for my spells to all wear off, or b) trekking halfway across the known world.
Vettrock

I've played pretty much in all those areas (including wanderer), so I just voted for where my current PC is located. The next will probably be somewhere else. I'm like that.  :wink:

Steinal.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Quote from: "Vettrock"You left off Luir's and Tan serak...

I play my elementalist in Allanak, because well it a lot easier to just be a gemmed elementalist rather than hiding it sitting out in the desert casting spells.  In allanak I can at least take a break and go sit in a tavern without a) waiting for my spells to all wear off, or b) trekking halfway across the known world.

Hah. You are remembering that it's illegal for elementalists to wander round public places with magickal effects on without the permission of the templarate? I think you'll find a) is at least as likely to get you in trouble as in any other part of the world.

Quirk
I am God's advocate with the Devil; he, however, is the Spirit of Gravity. How could I be enemy to divine dancing?

While I'm not going to give away my current location, I have noticed recently that while the more remote areas are often lower on players, the quality of RP among the players who are there often tends on average to be higher. Likely this is because those who gravitate toward such places are usually those more experienced with the game.

Quirk
I am God's advocate with the Devil; he, however, is the Spirit of Gravity. How could I be enemy to divine dancing?

Where is the Luir's option??
Quote from: jmordetskySarah's TALZEN Makeup Bag–YOU MAY NOT PASS! YOU ARE DEFILED WITH A Y CHROMOSOME, PENIS WIELDER! ATTEMPT AGAIN AND YOU WILL BE STRUCK DEAD!
Quote from: JollyGreenGiant"C'mon, attack me with this raspberry..."

Quote from: "sarahjc"Where is the Luir's option??

Luir's was infested by matists, not sure if it's an available option again.

Oh, so that is what those ant looking things were.. Here I thought they were bunnies...

The Pink Rhino roles her eyes..

Thank you captain obvious.

It may not be a start location as of right now.. but people live there, and quiet a few.

It's not secrete, it's in the docs now.. People do live there...

I boycott on account that this pole does not account for all major cities..

Well that isn't  true.. I said Tuluk.. But I would have if I had noticed it earlier.
Quote from: jmordetskySarah's TALZEN Makeup Bag–YOU MAY NOT PASS! YOU ARE DEFILED WITH A Y CHROMOSOME, PENIS WIELDER! ATTEMPT AGAIN AND YOU WILL BE STRUCK DEAD!

Quote from: "Quirk"
Quote from: "Vettrock"You left off Luir's and Tan serak...

Hah. You are remembering that it's illegal for elementalists to wander round public places with magickal effects on without the permission of the templarate? I think you'll find a) is at least as likely to get you in trouble as in any other part of the world.

Quirk

Yes but wonder around Allanak will probably get you fined, and Usually you are ok if you directly from the gates to your temple.

Wondering around Tuluk with magical effects on will get you killed on the spot.
Vettrock

Hmm, I had an option for Misc, but I think I forgot to click the add option button because it was the last option I entered. But yeah, boycott all you want, I did this poll because I was curious about the Tuluk/Allanak population division; the other options were added because I didn't want to leave too many people out. If you're curious about who's living at Luir's then start your own poll. :wink:

Bah!!

Oh, so you wanted to know where people were playing?

I believe the staff dissapproves of that.  I think some were taking this as where they prefer to play.

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Quote from: "blacksheep"Where is everyone located?
Any particular reason you chose that place?

^How that can be misunderstood? I tried to make it as clear as I could.

Why do the staff care if people know something as general as where other people are playing? I'm not asking them to name their characters too or anything like that. Would they be less dissapproving if I had asked where people prefered to play? You can just as easily get a good estimate of where people are going to be from where they like to be most. Asking where people most like to play would probably be more of a problem, since knowing where people like to be means knowing where they'll be with most of their characters. I think asking where they are with just their current character reveals a lot less. Sorry if this causes trouble, I'm just curious.

I know you said that...but a couple people seemed to be discussing a preference, to me.  I'm just saying.

And yes, the staff in the past have been disapproving of any IC information, even something as seemingly innocent as this topic.  If you asked where people preferred to play, I'm sure that they would have no problem.