Longest Lived

Started by Kismetic, October 12, 2023, 03:52:54 AM

Quote from: bardbard#4 on December 12, 2023, 07:53:43 PMmethyas
Human
Played from 19 years old to 24
Stood 4 cords, 10 inches tall. Weighed 7 ten-stone.
Ranger / Bard
Born in Tuluk.
Played for 99 days, 15 hours, 34 minutes.

I needed what...8 hours and 26 more minutes? *sigh*

I remember Methyas Groot well.  My HG Bard Billsie adored him.  He was a mentor to her, patiently teaching her both hunting skills and barding skills.

For hunting he taught her the steps to skin animals which she used all her life, saying out loud, "first you roll it over, then you make a cut down the belly, then number four you...." etc etc.

Methyas got co-writing credits for adding the refrain to Billsie's clay digging song:  oooey goooey clay, ooey, gooey clay.

Wow, that was a long time ago!  Good to see you back.

I'm not known for long-lived PCs, so I'm not in the running for all-time. But here's mine:

Ellenoire Terash
Human
Played from 22 years old to 27
Stood 4 cords, 11 inches tall. Weighed 7 ten-stone.
Craftsperson / Swordsman
Born in Allanak, started play in Allanak.
Played for 65 days, 13 hours, 4 minutes.
Sdesc: the neat, boyish woman
Keywords: neat boyish woman

Rowyn Borsail
Human
Played from 24 years old to 27
Stood5 cords tall. Weighed 7 ten-stone.
Fighter / Hunter
Played for 42 days, 0 hours, 3 minutes.
Sdesc: the regal brunette

Finnley
Human
Played from 19 years old to 25
Stood 4 cords, 7 inches tall. Weighed 7 ten-stone.
Assassin / Outdoorsman
Born in None, started play in Luir's Outpost.
Played for 16 days, 23 hours, 43 minutes.
Sdesc: the burnished redhead

Kitt Borsail-Tor
Human
Played from 18 years old to 23
Stood 4 cords, 5 inches tall. Weighed 7 ten-stone.
Assassin / Physician
Played for 44 days, 2 hours, 39 minutes.
Sdesc: the fit, keen-eyed woman

Umyska Salarr
Human
Played from 20 years old to 23
Stood 4 cords, 8 inches tall. Weighed 7 ten-stone.
Ranger / Thief
Born in Tuluk, started play in Tuluk.
Played for 33 days, 21 hours, 35 minutes.
Sdesc: the orange-curled, freckly woman
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on December 06, 2023, 08:21:36 AMI always thought Nina Dobrev did a fantastic job of playing of playing Elana, Catherine, Catherine playing Elana, and Elana playing Catherine, and tried to imitate that.

James McAvoy absolutely crushed the MPD role in 'Split'
I can't fathom how long it took for him to come up with, practice, and hone each of those personalities/faces he switched between flawlessly as they all Fought for "Who gets to be In The Light!"

Just about everybody has played a two faced liar in Armageddon.. but having two more on the inside.. sounds Twice As Fun!  lol 

Kudos on your success and enjoyment of a particularly difficult role to pull off.  Having good folks around ya always helps doesn't it.   ;) 
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

Quote from: Riev on November 19, 2023, 10:09:28 AMSerilla made an entire tribe of elves extinct, because she wished it to be so.

Hah, that is one way to describe it. A terrible mess but plenty fun.

Mine were ~275 days with Qoriya and 85 days with Bead. Most I've heard was Sargax, around 300.

Quote from: perfecto on December 17, 2023, 10:52:43 PMHaving good folks around ya always helps doesn't it.   ;) 

More than anything!
This is the key to enjoying this game, I think.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

This is a fun Thread.

Kite
cinnamon lithe young woman human
Played for 168 days, 4 hours, 15 minutes.

Tor Scorpion (initially Red, eventually Silver)
Lived during that brief time that Tuluk and Allanak actually allied with each other.  Stored

Sawa
the coral and golden haired woman
Played for 152 days, 15 hours, 46 minutes.
Was around a bit before Luirs was put under the rule of all the merchant houses.
Kuraci maker and merchant, most well known for making spice candies and trying to sell them.  Stored.

Youko
the pale, sable haired woman
Played for 150 days, 12 hours, 25 minutes.
Elkenhym bard.  Lived up until just before Tuluk was closed for play the most recent time.  Stored.

Again, pretty sure Ruman lasted around 6 months. Just couldn't get past that hump, the game even ended to stop it from happening.

*shakes hand at fate*
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

Aida:
Human
Played from 24 years old to 41
Stood 4 cords, 10 inches tall. Weighed 7 ten-stone.
Merchant / Armormaker
Played for 174 days, 10 hours, 43 minutes.
Sdesc: the buxom, mocha-skinned woman

Leilah:
Human
Played from 24 years old to 34
Stood 4 cords, 3 inches tall. Weighed 6 ten-stone.
Miscreant / Shadow_Dancer
Played for 60 days, 5 hours, 18 minutes.
Sdesc: the slight, eye-scarred woman

Badiah:
Human
Played from 25 years old to 29
Stood 4 cords, 11 inches tall. Weighed 7 ten-stone.
Ranger / Master_Armorsmith
Born in Luir's Outpost (Seik).
Played for 41 days, 20 hours, 10 minutes.
Sdesc: the dark-haired, lazuli-eyed woman

Lirael:
Human
Played from 25 years old to 27 (closure of the game)
Stood 4 cords, 11 inches tall. Weighed 6 ten-stone.
Drov Elementalist / Tailor
Played for 16 days, 10 hours, 32 minutes.
Sdesc: the hazel-eyed, freckled woman

My longest lived was also my last.

Deek Sasani

Started in the guild, then the Talons, ended as a blooded family member of a minor merchant house. It was quite the arch and quite the sad story I'll hopefully share soon. I really hope he enriched other player's stories.

starting sdesc: the dusky, black-haired teen
middle sdesc: The dusky, black-haired young man
ending sdesc: the dusky, messy-haired man

Started play in may of 2022
Played from minimum age into his early 30's.

Still alive and kicking despite constant rumors of the contrary, stored in December 2023.
Arm quotes from the days of old:
Runner - Where are you?
Byn Sergeant - Just sittin'... in the shade... of the Shield Wall.
Runner - You fell didn't you?
Sergeant - Never speak of this.

Quote from: Kiyetal on February 14, 2024, 11:27:27 AMMy longest lived was also my last.

Deek Sasani

Started in the guild, then the Talons, ended as a blooded family member of a minor merchant house. It was quite the arch and quite the sad story I'll hopefully share soon. I really hope he enriched other player's stories.

Still alive and kicking despite constant rumors of the contrary, stored in December 2023.

As the player of Mordat, son of Dis and Dat and sibling of Sommadis and Lessadat ...

You were very fun to play around. I wish I had gotten more opportunity.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: Riev on February 14, 2024, 03:40:23 PM
Quote from: Kiyetal on February 14, 2024, 11:27:27 AMMy longest lived was also my last.

Deek Sasani

As the player of Mordat, son of Dis and Dat and sibling of Sommadis and Lessadat ...

You were very fun to play around. I wish I had gotten more opportunity.

Ruman's plot to get Mordat is going down as one of my most favorite things ever from this game. Even if staff didn't like what I did to do it. And you were absolutely fantastic the whole time. I wish I had met with him or so more times before pulling the lever. But hindsight. :)

It was a lot of fun playin with you Riev.
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

I don't blame Ruman (for that). There were ... other issues that made Mordat returning to Tuluk an ill-outcome.

It JUST SO HAPPENED that while in Luirs, I as the player royally fucked up and confirmed what was already known by the Templarate.

I will say, between you the other templar and the staff templar? THANK you for letting me have the scene, rather than executing outright. Because you could have.

Quote from: Riev on February 14, 2024, 06:25:42 PMI don't blame Ruman (for that). There were ... other issues that made Mordat returning to Tuluk an ill-outcome.

It JUST SO HAPPENED that while in Luirs, I as the player royally fucked up and confirmed what was already known by the Templarate.

I will say, between you the other templar and the staff templar? THANK you for letting me have the scene, rather than executing outright. Because you could have.

99% of my executions were like that. Except one.

Tizi if you're out there, I'm still sorry for how I did you. it was literally my first time killing a psion/ executing anyone (as a templar). You deserved better from your death scene. And I took that regret and paid it forward on the others I killed.

Quote from: Fredd on February 15, 2024, 08:10:22 AMTizi if you're out there, I'm still sorry for how I did you. it was literally my first time killing a psion/ executing anyone (as a templar). You deserved better from your death scene. And I took that regret and paid it forward on the others I killed.

That would be me too :D

It was.... a learning curve but eventually the final scene gave me good closure. I'm not sure if you were able to read her thoughts at that moment, but the stress made her revert to her old life as a slave within the room, doing mindless tasks. She disassociated and was grateful for the final years of her life. She knew she'd die soon...

My longest lived was Jalynn, aka Freckles, aka Hawk of the Guild.

Played from 16 years old to 32 years old before storing.
Fence / Empowerment Rukkian

Jalynn was super fun to play at times and very slow at times off-peak in the Rinth.  She started off by helping Yap in the Zien warehouse and working with the Den of Wonders and eventually became the PC Guild Boss.

Jumbo aka Captain Stomp - Half-Giant
Played from 19 years old to 34
Raider / Stone_Touched
Born in Red Storm Village, started play in Red Storm Village.
Played for 91 days, 1 hours, 17 minutes.
Sdesc: the looming, water-fat half giant

Lots of stories with Jumbo. Lived into the shutdown after 129 bio entries and many adventures.

Keen aka King Rat - Dwarf
Played from 30 years old to 31
Stalker / Water_Touched
Played for 23 days, 3 hours, 24 minutes.
Sdesc: the chiseled, hard-eyed dwarf

Keen joined the guild during this period when I saw a lot of really cool mutants although he was horrible. He got so many of his friends killed by accident and negligence, got perma wanted early and later got a bounty for asking around to learn more about magick. Eventually met the sorcerer (Theo?) who sent him after a prepared sun runner mage and tried charging them down after failing to offer the right tribute. He died so fast he couldn't even try to flee.

Otherwise I played a lot of non influential hunters, dwarves, and rinther elves over the years. I got hooked in 03 with an elf who joined the guild and had their tongue cut out for some reason.
Veteran Newbie

February 16, 2024, 08:43:04 PM #91 Last Edit: February 16, 2024, 08:46:52 PM by Classclown
My longest played character was Remi.  Feb 19, 2018 - Jun 06, 2019
Human
Played from 13 years old to 23
Stood 4 cords, 10 inches tall. Weighed 8 ten-stone.
Merchant / Outlaw
Played for 80 days, 12 hours, 9 minutes.
Sdesc: Originally, the dusky-skinned, ebon-haired teen, updated to the dusky-skinned, ebon-haired man

Final mdesc:
Tall for his race, this man's skin has been darkened further by the sun, short,
unruly black hair crowning his head. Smoky-grey eyes are set in a swarthy
face, accented by slender, dark eyebrows. A slightly-curved aquiline nose sits
above a pair of firm, but thick and soft-looking lips, revealing relatively
clean and even teeth when parted. His cheeks are a little plump, dimples
appearing at times. A pair of rounded ears, a strong chin and square jawline
complete his masculine features. He possesses a solid and sturdy build, broad
shoulders and chest, showing the definition of someone familiar with manual
labor, his arms and legs looking toned and fit, his work-worn hands and large feet
proportionate to his frame.

He got up to a lot of nonsense, but don't know if he was memorable. His designs are still around, mostly, or were before shutdown.

Most notable designs are probably:
a vicious-looking and razor-sharp, glass-toothed sawblade
a set of polished, drov-plated black leather arm guards
a set of polished, plated black leather leg-guards
a polished, razor-crested spiked black helm
a razor-sharp, Gaj-carved battle knife

Quote from: Dracul on February 16, 2024, 03:52:18 PMJumbo aka Captain Stomp - Half-Giant
Played from 19 years old to 34
Raider / Stone_Touched
Born in Red Storm Village, started play in Red Storm Village.
Played for 91 days, 1 hours, 17 minutes.
Sdesc: the looming, water-fat half giant

The Mad Blood Mage enjoyed what brief time you spent together.

Quote from: slipshod on October 24, 2023, 04:25:21 PMAccording to the bio tool, my longest lived was Lord Iancu Oash, played from age 19 to his death at age 44.
Second place is a tie, with Warlord Kharad Tor played from 17 to death at 34, and Faithful Lady Isatep Mrenteki from 18 to death at 35. 

Before the bio tool, though, I had a Fale guard named Hacket 'the Hatchet' Melor who probably aged about 40 years in game and is the only character I've stored out of elderlyness.

At the time I posted the above, my 'longest lived' was still living longly.

-Iyat (AKA Carrion Bird), Curio Master and Captain of the Crimson Wind was played from age 28 to age 68 and into post-shutdown virtuality.
"Never do today what you can put off till tomorrow."

-Aaron Burr

February 17, 2024, 03:52:51 AM #94 Last Edit: February 17, 2024, 04:36:37 AM by Doublepalli
Thryzn
Played from 21 years old to 31
Stood 5 cords, 9 inches tall. Weighed 10 ten-stone.
Raider / Outdoorsman
Born in Bashurit, started play in Bashurit.
Played for 169 days, 14 hours, 38 minutes.
Sdesc: the hulking, spine-ridged thryzn
Keywords: hulking spine-ridged thryzn Dash Gru Wavescale Witchbane

Stats: Absolutely incredible strength, exceptional agility, extremely good endurance, good wisdom

The thryzn before you is without doubt one of the largest of his kind,
not only in size but height.  This thryzn bears exemplary muscle tone,
sculpting his frame.  Every inch of the thryzn seems to be wrought in thick
corded muscles, starting from his thick bulky neck which flows down to broad
boxy shoulders, further yet to the bulging biceps and forearms, veins
popping out rather distinctly, finally ending in ham sized hands whose
knuckles are scarred and raised as though having seen a lifetime of
hardship.  A broad, barrel chest connects to a deeply notched abdomen
completing the man's brawny upper half, no less matched by the sturdy
pillars which support him.  The man stares upon the world with dark-grey,
thoughtful eyes.  His eyes are vertically slitted, reptilian like, yet he
bears a second eyelid that is horizontal, protecting from sand and silt.
The aforementioned eyes are set aside a blunted and twisted nose ,having the
appearance of being broken more than once or twice.  He is razor-shorn bald,
with a smooth dome of a scalp.  Two very thick, pitch-black horns rise out
of his forehead, curling back not unlike a duskhorns.  Despite his mood or
mannerisms, the combined total of his appearance always gives the impression
of deep, unrelenting grimness.  His feet number six in toes, each having
long, elongated, sharp nails.  A series of arching bone spines runs the
length of his forearm from wrists  to elbows.  Each pitch black spine curves
slightly back before ending in a tapering sharp barb, each forearm holding a
serrated edge.  Dark, diamond-patterns scales make up the length of his tail
like plating, while a midrib runs the center of each scale ending in a tiny
barb.  A series of black, razor-edged spines protrude from the top center of
the tail,  flattening towards its end.  His skin is a dark green hue.  He is
entirely hairless.

Grudash is my longest lived and (was still living when the game shut down). Honestly, one of my more layered, developed PC's. For those that knew him, he really was becoming that esteemed wise mountain sage. He had flaws of course. His anger, his low tolerance for disrespect, his open-mindedness, (which he was shunned for by his elders for caring too much about the outside world, Grudash felt differently and adamantly pushed his neutral-manipulate both sides to cater to the Bashurit and give us information or stuff we want and need agenda forward irregardless of what the elders had to say. It worked out perfectly, minus the mage stuff) Feel free to ask me any questions about him and his short-saga!

Quote from: FamousAmos on February 15, 2024, 12:30:48 PM
Quote from: Fredd on February 15, 2024, 08:10:22 AMTizi if you're out there, I'm still sorry for how I did you. it was literally my first time killing a psion/ executing anyone (as a templar). You deserved better from your death scene. And I took that regret and paid it forward on the others I killed.

That would be me too :D

It was.... a learning curve but eventually the final scene gave me good closure. I'm not sure if you were able to read her thoughts at that moment, but the stress made her revert to her old life as a slave within the room, doing mindless tasks. She disassociated and was grateful for the final years of her life. She knew she'd die soon...

All i can say about the thoughts thing is: Ruman was never promoted, so was never given more then the base kit. Despite many, many accomplishments. (not sure if staff want the half moon abilities talked about like that)

I am super happy you got the closure you deserved. My heart was pounding a mile a min on my way there. I had so much planned to say. and somehow it all turned into "You're a monster, now die!"

February 20, 2024, 04:03:58 AM #96 Last Edit: February 20, 2024, 04:09:49 AM by Mushy Reason: Added Her Picture
This was an amazing first character, she got into so many things!

Name: Kota
Sdesc: The athletic, golden-haired woman
Mdesc: The woman standing before you is a little over five cords and has an athletic form. She is sporting long, golden, dread-locked hair that is beaded with bone-like beads. Her facial features are sharp, with piercing sapphire-like eyes and a small oval nevus on her lower left cheek that is barely visible due to her sun-browned skin. Her hands are calloused and her torso seems to match the rest of her athletically toned body.

Born and raised in Allanak!
Lived from 30 to 32 years old.
Played for a total of 53 days, 6 hours, and 45 minutes

Honestly, there's too much that happened to post! If anyone has questions though, feel free to message me! :)

Damn southern byn and the dramatic jakhals. Cant trust them to even keep a sergeant around.

Signed some shitty northern Runner i abandoned.

Hey gang. I'd just like to say that most of the complaints about "insufficient" RP are ones I never thought applied north of Luir's. I've always been happy with the characters inhabitating the wild and wacky Northern sphere, and though I wasn't happy with how I ended I don't regret a moment of time spent IG. I learned a whole lot that has bigger applications.

Anyways, this is likely not going to be surprising, but here:

Galdara
Human
Played from 23 years old to 26
Stood 4 cords, 2 inches tall. Weighed 7 ten-stone.
Raider / Forester
Played for 73 days, 20 hours, 6 minutes.
Sdesc: the beefy, copper-haired woman
Keywords: beefy copper-haired woman Dara

Quote from: Trevalyan on February 20, 2024, 04:48:08 PMHey gang. I'd just like to say that most of the complaints about "insufficient" RP are ones I never thought applied north of Luir's. I've always been happy with the characters inhabitating the wild and wacky Northern sphere, and though I wasn't happy with how I ended I don't regret a moment of time spent IG. I learned a whole lot that has bigger applications.

Anyways, this is likely not going to be surprising, but here:

Galdara
Human
Played from 23 years old to 26
Stood 4 cords, 2 inches tall. Weighed 7 ten-stone.
Raider / Forester
Played for 73 days, 20 hours, 6 minutes.
Sdesc: the beefy, copper-haired woman
Keywords: beefy copper-haired woman Dara

I loved playing with Galdara.