Longest Lived

Started by Kismetic, October 12, 2023, 03:52:54 AM

Quote from: Trevalyan on February 20, 2024, 04:48:08 PMHey gang. I'd just like to say that most of the complaints about "insufficient" RP are ones I never thought applied north of Luir's. I've always been happy with the characters inhabitating the wild and wacky Northern sphere, and though I wasn't happy with how I ended I don't regret a moment of time spent IG. I learned a whole lot that has bigger applications.

Anyways, this is likely not going to be surprising, but here:

Galdara
Human
Played from 23 years old to 26
Stood 4 cords, 2 inches tall. Weighed 7 ten-stone.
Raider / Forester
Born in Tuluk, started play in Tuluk.
Played for 73 days, 20 hours, 6 minutes.
Sdesc: the beefy, copper-haired woman
Keywords: beefy copper-haired woman Dara

As the player of Petal, Dara was great!
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

I don't think it's likely that I'll be able to speak about every single Tuluki player, in a sphere absolutely packed with top-tier characters, but Petal in particular had it going on. Easily one of the most underrated Circle members, and he could have gone all the way if the sphere stayed open.

Quote from: mansa on October 12, 2023, 04:17:02 PMPersonally,

Flow
Human
Played from 24 years old to 37
Stood 4 cords, 4 inches tall. Weighed 6 ten-stone.
Miscreant / Marksman
Born in Labyrinth, started play in Labyrinth.
Played for 68 days, 16 hours, 36 minutes.

Sdesc: the slim, cobalt blue-skinned woman
Initial Background : Jun 11, 2019

Marst
Half-Elf
Played from 26 years old to 33
Stood 5 cords, 2 inches tall. Weighed 7 ten-stone.
Assassin / Wind_Travel
Played for 35 days, 1 hours, 0 minutes.

Sdesc: the reedy, rust-skinned half-elf
Initial Background : Nov 03, 2017

yann
Human
Played from 19 years old to 27
Stood 4 cords, 7 inches tall. Weighed 6 ten-stone.
Psionicist / Sorc_Burglar
Born in Labyrinth.
Played for 29 days, 19 hours, 4 minutes.

Sdesc: the nappy-haired, olive-skinned man
Initial Background : Aug 21, 2006

toty
Human
Played from 18 years old to 22
Stood 4 cords, 13 inches tall. Weighed 7 ten-stone.
Assassin / Thief
Born in Labyrinth.
Played for 22 days, 14 hours, 54 minutes.

Sdesc: the man with marilla-coloured hair
Initial Background : Oct 07, 2009

I don't have Oseres Kadius in the list, because he was before biographies worked (2004), but he was around 74 days lived - but he only lived for 12 months.

To add to this:
Elulu
Elf
Played from 34 years old to 41
Stood 5 cords, 6 inches tall. Weighed 9 ten-stone.
Artisan / Outdoorsman
Played for 30 days, 22 hours, 29 minutes.

Sdesc: the rugged, orange-haired elf
Initial Background : Mar 11, 2021

Jula
Human
Played from 25 years old to 39
Stood 4 cords, 10 inches tall. Weighed 6 ten-stone.
Half Moon Templar / Physician
Played for 62 days, 7 hours, 20 minutes.

Sdesc: the willowy, blonde-haired woman
Initial Background : May 12, 2022
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: slipshod on February 17, 2024, 01:41:53 AM
Quote from: slipshod on October 24, 2023, 04:25:21 PMAccording to the bio tool, my longest lived was Lord Iancu Oash, played from age 19 to his death at age 44.
Second place is a tie, with Warlord Kharad Tor played from 17 to death at 34, and Faithful Lady Isatep Mrenteki from 18 to death at 35. 

Before the bio tool, though, I had a Fale guard named Hacket 'the Hatchet' Melor who probably aged about 40 years in game and is the only character I've stored out of elderlyness.

At the time I posted the above, my 'longest lived' was still living longly.

-Iyat (AKA Carrion Bird), Curio Master and Captain of the Crimson Wind was played from age 28 to age 68 and into post-shutdown virtuality.

Those are some HUGE numbers!  As are some of the others who've shared in this thread.. We're talking several RL years on each character here. So I gotta ask, and this is a question for all who have spent the time to earn that merit badge for a Super Long Lived Character.  Asking on behalf of the masses here.. What's your secret?  How do you stay interested/invested/growing with that same character all that time?  How did you play Iyat an Agitator role for FORTY IG YEARS and survive till the end!?  Congrats by the way!  On your character being immortalized into the story timeline, I wonder if we'll feel an impact from your escapades in the upcoming season?
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

March 27, 2024, 01:58:58 PM #104 Last Edit: March 28, 2024, 01:15:41 PM by Tuannon Reason: Nepotism on my part.
I'm kind of confused by this thread, as it seems hours and years played do not get registered properly.

Well Days played represent the Real Life hours played on that character where as Years Lived refer to that character, which pass by regardless if you're play the game or not.  Some people have jobs where they can be logged in to Arm all day every day so ya.. those numbers can sway apart viciously for some ppl's characters.

The character I had for 2 RL years only had 40 something days on her, be she aged IG enough to go through 2 sdesc changes.
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

I played Magus and First Sword I-setaari formerly of Tuluk, House Kurac, under Negatro Borsail and then finally House Oash, A.K.A. Ruby of Allanak, A.K.A. Nikiz of Moth Whisper's Dragonservants. I played her for 10 IC years, from age 20 to age 30.

Her story is the most unlikely of Armageddon stories I know, though I'm sure there are plenty of others. It is a tale impossible enough that I felt almost ridiculous telling it ingame. She started play written to be an incredibly common Tuluki citizen from the Warrens who happened to have an elemental affinity but was unaware of it. I had no idea about certain functions within Tuluk so she soon found herself wanted, had to escape in mostly her newbie clothes, and nearly died three times in escaping to anywhere resembling safety.

What followed in the RL year I played her was danger, emotion, love, war, politics, rises and falls, and a wild series of incredibly unlikely escapes from near-death situations, right up until the day before the game closed down in which she almost died again. She was undoubtedly a controversial figure both IC and OOC, but she rest assured that despite her detractors and all the crazy sex rumors about her, did not just apartment spar or fuck anybody to get where she was. She went to every RPT I was able to and escaped bloody, ragged, near-dead and walking alone through the desert more times than anyone but me could be aware of. She took the risks, got herself in trouble, betrayed and was betrayed, and honestly lived the most Armageddon life I imagine I ever could have conjured.

I could go on and on with the details but I'll spare you here - feel free to DM me though! For me, she'll be a hard act to follow and even kind of daunting in that way. At the end, I feel like she was the best PC I'll have ever played. Thank you, to everyone who was a part.

When the game was shutting down, she was singing songs and playing her lap harp (a one handed instrument!) in Red's Retreat. It was a beautiful final scene.

And yet had the gall to insist she had the ability to reunite Echri with his long-lost bondmate!

Quote from: perfecto on March 31, 2024, 09:30:43 PMWell Days played represent the Real Life hours played on that character where as Years Lived refer to that character, which pass by regardless if you're play the game or not.  Some people have jobs where they can be logged in to Arm all day every day so ya.. those numbers can sway apart viciously for some ppl's characters.

I also just wanted to echo here something that has bugged me for decades.

Some people can spend 6-8 hours a day on the game, during which they can "AFK spar" critters or other-such activities that make a 20d played character scary. They might hit that 15d played plateau within a RL month.

Others can play 4 hours a week and rarely if ever get 20d played, but they survive for IC years.

Previous incarnations of staff have preferred the players who only spend a few hours a week in game and otherwise write their stories in the background. It doesn't matter what you've done for the past RL month or who you know or killed, only that you were "around IC for a long time to have an impact".

I hope if Armageddon is to have a future, the metrics of days played/IC years survived weigh far less than the stories being told.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: perfecto on March 27, 2024, 07:15:09 AMThose are some HUGE numbers!  As are some of the others who've shared in this thread.. We're talking several RL years on each character here. So I gotta ask, and this is a question for all who have spent the time to earn that merit badge for a Super Long Lived Character.  Asking on behalf of the masses here.. What's your secret?  How do you stay interested/invested/growing with that same character all that time?  How did you play Iyat an Agitator role for FORTY IG YEARS and survive till the end!?  Congrats by the way!  On your character being immortalized into the story timeline, I wonder if we'll feel an impact from your escapades in the upcoming season?

I've always preferred having a PC with a backstory rooted in IC events over a fully virtual background, which is why I started selecting younger ages at chargen and trying to time my first logins to coincide with an RPT so I could get some instant backstory. The interest/investment/growth is all bundled up in fleshing out this character's story and wanting to see how it ends.
"Never do today what you can put off till tomorrow."

-Aaron Burr

Some may remember Omar the Salarri jerk from 2009-2010.
Aged: 16 years   
Played: 121 days, 17 hours
A foreign presence contacts your mind.

You think:
"No! Please leave me be whoever you are."

You sense a foreign presence withdraw from your mind.

Quote from: eska on April 30, 2024, 06:57:55 PMSome may remember Omar the Salarri jerk from 2009-2010.

I remember. I played Sid, the quirri-armor wearing red-headed mate he had for a whiiiile.

Quote from: eska on April 30, 2024, 06:57:55 PMSome may remember Omar the Salarri jerk from 2009-2010.

What I remember is him cutting up my new character's face with a knife as Salarri initiation.

And also, I'm pretty sure it was Omar, who clearly had a scripted trigger that they accidentally hit and his hands and body suddenly were engulfed in flame for no reason.

I disregarded it lol
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Mansa,

My condolences.

I was ordered to do so, so as a good executor, sapped her in the Arena for my Templar. Then the whole cell scene. Then the following circle of life for many Rinthis resulting in her feeding the rat-multitude. Very memorable character and scenes.

Quote from: mansa on March 01, 2024, 04:11:20 PM
Quote from: mansa on October 12, 2023, 04:17:02 PMPersonally,

Flow
Human
Played from 24 years old to 37
Stood 4 cords, 4 inches tall. Weighed 6 ten-stone.
Miscreant / Marksman
Played for 68 days, 16 hours, 36 minutes.

Sdesc: the slim, cobalt blue-skinned woman
Initial Background : Jun 11, 2019

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Today at 07:38:32 AM #113 Last Edit: Today at 07:42:18 AM by Dan
Suppose I will contribute some notables from my own memory, not exactly all long-lived:

Look closely for a couple Templars, a popular mul and a notable dwarf from years gone by.

Edit to add: It would really make my day if anyone remembers literally any of these characters. Love you all.

Belly
Human
Played from 28 years old to 34
Stood 4 cords, 14 inches tall. Weighed 7 ten-stone.
Miscreant / Master_Chef
Played for 10 days, 8 hours, 6 minutes.
Sdesc: the tired-eyed, black-tongued man
Keywords: tired-eyed black-tongued man Pinch

Garoon
Human
Played from 25 years old to 39
Stood 5 cords, 3 inches tall. Weighed 9 ten-stone.
Raider / Nilaz_Anathema
Born in Allanak, started play in Allanak.
Played for 48 days, 16 hours, 30 minutes.
Sdesc: the fresh-inked, combat-scarred man
Keywords: fresh-inked combat-scarred man  Garo Lover Guayaolyg Sour Karoot Chran

Sapir
Human
Played from 35 years old to 37
Stood 4 cords, 10 inches tall. Weighed 7 ten-stone.
Stalker / Shadow_Stalker
Played for 18 days, 4 hours, 36 minutes.
Sdesc: the sleek, honey-hued man
Keywords: sleek honey-hued man Sapirior Sapoop Flirt Lost

Raz
Human
Played from 29 years old to 31
Stood 5 cords, 3 inches tall. Weighed 7 ten-stone.
Enforcer / Bounty_Hunter
Played for 30 days, 19 hours, 55 minutes.
Sdesc: the stalwart, long-armed man
Keywords: stalwart long-armed man Arms Razzy Executor

Sakisi
Mul
Played from 24 years old to 62
Stood 4 cords, 12 inches tall. Weighed 13 ten-stone.
Merchant / Outdoorsman
Born in Allanak, started play in Red Storm Village.
Played for 10 days, 8 hours, 24 minutes.
Sdesc: the brutish, torture-marked mul
Keywords: brutish torture-marked mul Saki

Drydek
Human
Played from 25 years old to 38
Stood 5 cords, 3 inches tall. Weighed 9 ten-stone.
Templar / Thug
Born in Allanak.
Played for 34 days, 19 hours, 33 minutes.
Sdesc: the brutish, hard-featured man
Keywords: brutish hard-featured man kasix

Arad
Human
Played from 22 years old to 27
Stood 5 cords, 2 inches tall. Weighed 7 ten-stone.
Assassin / Guard
Born in Tuluk.
Played for 24 days, 11 hours, 21 minutes.
Sdesc: the tattoo-whorled, lithe man
Keywords: tattoo-whorled lithe man flower talls Durger Aradurger Braff

Weringa
Human
Played from 23 years old to 30
Stood 5 cords, 1 inch tall. Weighed 8 ten-stone.
Templar / Con Artist
Born in Allanak.
Played for 7 days, 10 hours, 23 minutes.
Sdesc: the stone-faced, able-bodied man
Keywords: stone-faced able-bodied man Borsail rusa

Burdock
Dwarf
Played from 40 years old to 52
Stood 3 cords, 12 inches tall. Weighed 9 ten-stone.
Fire Elementalist / Bard
Born in Tuluk.
Played for 34 days, 23 hours, 36 minutes.
Sdesc: the dull-black skinned dwarf
Keywords: dull-black skinned dwarf dull black

Cord
Mul
Played from 25 years old to 33
Stood 4 cords, 12 inches tall. Weighed 15 ten-stone.
Warrior / Rebel
Born in Allanak.
Played for 23 days, 17 hours, 1 minutes.
Sdesc: the sculpted, grey-skinned mul
Keywords: sculpted grey-skinned mul Prophet
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

@Dan I remember most of your characters! Or I should say I remember the sdescs, remember some names. With some, I remember events and scenes. Prophet stands out from the "end of the world" days. Our characters interacted a few times.

Weringa doesn't ring a bell, I might've been playing north at that time.

Arad, yup, definitely.

I vaguely remember L.T. Drydek.

Raz, Sapir, Goon, and Belly, all four for absolute sure!  Great interactions. I was mad when I heard that Belly was dead, and then he showed up after that - and then he disappeared again. Never really got to know the backstory of  all that, even though I was kinda involved in the situation from the sidelines.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Quote from: Riev on Today at 01:34:55 AMAnd also, I'm pretty sure it was Omar, who clearly had a scripted trigger that they accidentally hit and his hands and body suddenly were engulfed in flame for no reason.

I disregarded it lol

So shameful. :-[
It was a macro I saved for a Krathi char before Omar. And I believe I still have that macro saved at F6 or F7.

You think:

Quote from: dumbstruck on April 30, 2024, 07:06:06 PM

I remember. I played Sid, the quirri-armor wearing red-headed mate he had for a whiiiile.

Yeah. I remember her as well. They had twins. After Sid's death he strived to become a Salarri family for their sakes.

You think: