Longest Lived

Started by Kismetic, October 12, 2023, 03:52:54 AM

Senior Agent Masa Salarr
2018 - 2022
Played from 16 years old to 55
Craftsperson / Slipknife
Born in Allanak, started play in Allanak.
Played for 252 days, 6 hours, 4 minutes.

Imperial Lord Anthinius Oash
2007 - 2009
Played from 22 years old to 40
Merchant / Linguist
Born in Allanak.
Played for 158 days, 10 hours, 54 minutes.

I played with both of these PC's of Decameron and both were great characters!

And -- cue spooky music -- my longest lived PCs knew them too.  Coincidence?  I think not!)

Mine:

[
Lady Lapitia Fale
the plump, prismatic haired woman[/b]

aged from 20 - 32
73 days 20 hours played

Luvvie
the chunky, beribboned half-giant

aged from 38 - 56
63 days played

Quote from: Decameron on October 26, 2023, 09:50:18 AMSenior Agent Masa Salarr
2018 - 2022
Played from 16 years old to 55
Craftsperson / Slipknife
Born in Allanak, started play in Allanak.
Played for 252 days, 6 hours, 4 minutes.

I loved playing with Masa on Pearly, had lots of fun as Runners. I despised you when playing Ongi and trying to set up my merchant company. Double kudos.
3/21/16 Never Forget

Quote from: Blink on November 09, 2023, 04:29:43 PMMine:

Lady Lapitia Fale
the plump, prismatic haired woman

aged from 20 - 32
73 days 20 hours played

I still haven't given up hope on making our marriage work :D

Signed,

The Ghost of Lord Thialle Borsail

Loved playing with Ongi. Was such a shame right when were "finally" kicking off, I got smoked by a fkn sorc near Tuluk when I was semi afk on the phone (Erthalis). I didn't hear what happened to Ongi though cause I had to have a break.
Death is only the beginning...

Weren't High Faithfuls Serilla and Ethan crazy-long lived?
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

The Tuluki Legions, PC edition, were basically originally hired as Elithan's personal guard.

Serilla made an entire tribe of elves extinct, because she wished it to be so.

They were around a while.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Radoon should be up there pretty high.
"People survive by climbing over anyone who gets in their way, by cheating, stealing, killing, swindling, or otherwise taking advantage of others."
-Ginka

"Don't do this. I can't believe I have to write this post."
-Rathustra

My longest in terms of time playing was Aliera. Not sure the exact amount but around 130 days played.

Longest in terms of RL time elapsed was Lyklie, at about 4 years and 3 months. 63 days played.
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream." - Shirley Jackson, The Haunting of Hill House

A  Lyklie  Story! 

*Wheezy huffing and puffing Dad laughter ensues*

Seriously that's a huge time though!  I remember thinking after my 2 years RL character died, I don't know how to play anything else anymore?!  :P
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

Quote from: perfecto on November 20, 2023, 03:29:57 AMA  Lyklie  Story! 

*Wheezy huffing and puffing Dad laughter ensues*

Seriously that's a huge time though!  I remember thinking after my 2 years RL character died, I don't know how to play anything else anymore?!  :P

Side note, the "likely" pun was definitely intended. My inspiration for the character name Lyklie was the name Maeby from Arrested Development, although the character concept was not related at all.

Yes, it's very disorienting to start a new role after a long time in a particular role. Although I usually find that, in that situation, I have at least a few character concepts in mind that I've been waiting to try. I stored Lyklie and by that time I was definitely ready for something new. It was also kind of weird in Lyklie was a gemmed Drovian, and over that 4+ year span there had been some nerfing, so the experience of playing a Drovian evolved a bit over time. By the time I stored Lyklie, Drovians of any kind were no longer a player option (not my fault, I promise). I will say, to the staff's credit, I was never pressured to store, and certainly wasn't force stored. But at some point I was definitely ready to explore other options.
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream." - Shirley Jackson, The Haunting of Hill House

Quote from: Riev on November 19, 2023, 10:09:28 AMSerilla made an entire tribe of elves extinct, because she wished it to be so.

Quote from: manonfire on November 04, 2013, 08:11:36 AM
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

The merchant/enchantment Wril. Was probably my longest lived. But mainly due to intermittent absences.

Lived from 18 to 35.  Though he looked like elderly due to his breed magick.

Hours played: 64 days.

I swear I had people who lived for 2-3 game years and had more hours played then Wril.

The character I remember most fondly

Kozh. 

He was a mind bender, but I had such an awesome time in the Byn, I kind of wished he was a regular ranger. All the best memories came from mundane shenanagins, not the spooky shit.

December 06, 2023, 08:21:36 AM #62 Last Edit: December 06, 2023, 08:37:30 AM by FantasyWriter
It's been a year since he died, and if anyone is still alive that knew him, they'll be wiped soon, so...
The longest lived PC that I played was about 38 days played an lived for about a RL six month, but it was by far the best experience I had in arm with the possible exception of my current who while he has not be around as long IRL time, i have about 40 days on.

Zan the Maker/Echri the Destroyer was a mul I played when I came back to arm after about a four or five year break. I saw a post for a Red Storm RPT coming up, so I jumped in the game about a week or ten days before to try to level up enough to survive whatever the RPT was.  It ended up being a recruiting mission for Moth Whisper. They characters I interacted with were the absolute best experience I have had with a a "clan". The isolation led to some really cool experiences, the most notable i remember was us staving and sick of eating ants and centipedes due to our isolation, so we killed one of our aurochs and soent a LOT of time chewing, like 15 minute of RP over us being both thankful that we had real meat and the constant chewing required to process the tough stuff. It was a very "Armageddon" experience.

After about a year of being nearly constantly spiced, and than a similar amount of time trying to clean his system, he ended up with MPD, cool, calm Zandir (Zan the Maker) and his repressed bestial nature rage-monster Echri the Destroyer.  Half of my time was spent roleplaying them arguing and stuff with each other through thinks and feels. It was awesome, and everyone I was around was so wonderful to play with.

One of the cool things about writing a character with MPD was not only creating different RP styles for the two minds, but also the additional two for when one was pretending to be the other.

I always thought Nina Dobrev did a fantastic job of playing of playing Elana, Catherine, Catherine playing Elana, and Elana playing Catherine, and tried to imitate that.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

My longest lived was about 2 RL years and about 70 days played back in 2002-2004 - I was on and off a bit as was travelling around the world for a year during that time. He was a Guild boss named Digger. He was about my 5th PC in Arm and was when the game stared to click for me. He was an Assassin / Thug if I remember right but I never trained any of his skills really so despite his weak strength I dressed him up in heavy looking armour to look like a warrior. After living for a while people just assumed he was tough and left him alone but in reality he couldn't fight his way out of paper bag. He got a bit more buff towards the end of his life when he was turned into a vampire. Died in true Arm style to the decrepit stubby half-elf NPC in the 'rinth - think he was knocked unconscious and then killed (the 'rinth was definitely a bit more dangerous back then). His corpse would have been quite the haul - amongst other things he had not one but two metal daggers on him from after doing some stuff where a red robe and blue robe got killed. Was a bit of a relief at that point though as I was ready to move on and try something new.

The only other 2 PCs I managed to get over 50 days were Feach a mindbender who worked for Tor and got up to a lot of stuff before getting one-shot backstabbed and Jackrum a Byn Sarge who died to a stupid mekillot.
You can't trust any bugger further than you can throw him, and there's nothing you can do about it, so let's have a drink" Dydactylos' philosophical mix of the Cynics, the Stoics and the Epicureans (Small Gods, Terry Pratchett)

Quote from: Boggis on December 12, 2023, 05:39:31 PMAfter living for a while people just assumed he was tough and left him alone but in reality he couldn't fight his way out of paper bag.

This is the best  8)  lol

Also... Vampire?! Whaaat

FOIT, tiger

(Find out in Transylvania)

I think the vampirism thing was a nilazi curse at one time, Nilazi flavours seem to be House of the old horror monsters.

The flesh golems, dracula.. and so on.

Quote from: Tuannon on December 12, 2023, 07:33:54 PMFOIT, tiger

(Find out in Transylvania)

I think the vampirism thing was a nilazi curse at one time, Nilazi flavours seem to be House of the old horror monsters.

The flesh golems, dracula.. and so on.

Bring Back Vampires 2024

That season will suck

methyas
Human
Played from 19 years old to 24
Stood 4 cords, 10 inches tall. Weighed 7 ten-stone.
Ranger / Bard
Born in Tuluk.
Played for 99 days, 15 hours, 34 minutes.

I needed what...8 hours and 26 more minutes? *sigh*
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you

Quote from: FantasyWriter on December 06, 2023, 08:21:36 AMIt's been a year since he died, and if anyone is still alive that knew him, they'll be wiped soon, so...
The longest lived PC that I played was about 38 days played an lived for about a RL six month, but it was by far the best experience I had in arm with the possible exception of my current who while he has not be around as long IRL time, i have about 40 days on.

Zan the Maker/Echri the Destroyer was a mul I played when I came back to arm after about a four or five year break. I saw a post for a Red Storm RPT coming up, so I jumped in the game about a week or ten days before to try to level up enough to survive whatever the RPT was.  It ended up being a recruiting mission for Moth Whisper. They characters I interacted with were the absolute best experience I have had with a a "clan". The isolation led to some really cool experiences, the most notable i remember was us staving and sick of eating ants and centipedes due to our isolation, so we killed one of our aurochs and soent a LOT of time chewing, like 15 minute of RP over us being both thankful that we had real meat and the constant chewing required to process the tough stuff. It was a very "Armageddon" experience.

After about a year of being nearly constantly spiced, and than a similar amount of time trying to clean his system, he ended up with MPD, cool, calm Zandir (Zan the Maker) and his repressed bestial nature rage-monster Echri the Destroyer.  Half of my time was spent roleplaying them arguing and stuff with each other through thinks and feels. It was awesome, and everyone I was around was so wonderful to play with.

One of the cool things about writing a character with MPD was not only creating different RP styles for the two minds, but also the additional two for when one was pretending to be the other.

I always thought Nina Dobrev did a fantastic job of playing of playing Elana, Catherine, Catherine playing Elana, and Elana playing Catherine, and tried to imitate that.

Hurn definitely misses being your super depressed brother.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

December 12, 2023, 08:11:21 PM #70 Last Edit: December 12, 2023, 08:18:31 PM by betweenford
Quote from: papertiger on December 12, 2023, 06:34:03 PM
Quote from: Boggis on December 12, 2023, 05:39:31 PMAfter living for a while people just assumed he was tough and left him alone but in reality he couldn't fight his way out of paper bag.

Also... Vampire?! Whaaat
The game used to have more dnd tropes and undead plots.

From liches, banshees (undead dwarves), belgoi, salt vampires; there's a really really really old Blackwing-SunRunner-DStalker plot from a different era where a Vampire took possession of a [specific] sword.

On topic though, my longest lived character is my current character who is over a year old, and has had to fight for every bit of minimal staff support I've received in my player plot with no updates on that plot in 8 months, wasn't supported and was in fact ignored in the new-copper-war plot before being denied, part of a clan that was in quite an ideal enough location to see and deal with major worldplot and only ever saw 1 animation surrounding it specifically. The producers have animated more for my clan than storytellers have.

There are other stories, but I can't talk about them.

Quote from: betweenford on December 12, 2023, 08:11:21 PM
Quote from: papertiger on December 12, 2023, 06:34:03 PM

Also... Vampire?! Whaaat
The game used to have more dnd tropes and undead plots.

From liches, banshees (undead dwarves), belgoi, salt vampires; there's a really really really old Blackwing-SunRunner-DStalker plot from a different era where a Vampire took possession of a [specific] sword.

Undead plots would be awesome. Sad I missed those.
Halaster the Shroud of Death says, out of character:
     "oh shit, lol"

Usiku, "Seemed like Jeffrey Dahmer was pretty pro at the locked apartment kill."

Quote from: betweenford on December 12, 2023, 08:11:21 PMFrom liches, banshees (undead dwarves), belgoi, salt vampires; there's a really really really old Blackwing-SunRunner-DStalker plot from a different era where a Vampire took possession of a [specific] sword.

Yep, I had that sword for a while with Digger. Then lost it. Then won it back again briefly before losing it for good. Never did find out what happened to it after that.
You can't trust any bugger further than you can throw him, and there's nothing you can do about it, so let's have a drink" Dydactylos' philosophical mix of the Cynics, the Stoics and the Epicureans (Small Gods, Terry Pratchett)

December 13, 2023, 10:17:26 AM #73 Last Edit: December 13, 2023, 10:55:33 AM by betweenford
Quote from: Boggis on December 13, 2023, 05:18:28 AM
Quote from: betweenford on December 12, 2023, 08:11:21 PMFrom liches, banshees (undead dwarves), belgoi, salt vampires; there's a really really really old Blackwing-SunRunner-DStalker plot from a different era where a Vampire took possession of a [specific] sword.

Yep, I had that sword for a while with Digger. Then lost it. Then won it back again briefly before losing it for good. Never did find out what happened to it after that.
The short answer is that the clan that used to have it either reclaimed possession of it or fabricated a new one that was identical.

The long answer is idk if staff at the time even knew the sword had been "lost forever".

Quote from: Boggis on December 13, 2023, 05:18:28 AM

My PC was there when you snatched it from the altar. And then all hell broke loose!
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.