Longest Lived

Started by Kismetic, October 12, 2023, 03:52:54 AM

ketheo oash by a huge margin and he was only: Played for 41 days, 14 hours, 49 minutes.

aged eight years, also longest by far.
Refreshingly natural.

The plainsman was the first big bad badass sorcerer that I remember from when I first started playing. His death sounds unfortunate but that's also hilarious.

Vikror
Human
Played from 26 years old to 28
Stood5 cords tall. Weighed 8 ten-stone.
Stalker / Wind_Touched
Born in None, started play in Luir's Outpost.
Played for 20 days, 14 hours, 35 minutes.

Sdesc: the wavy-shrintal-haired woman
Died to apartment PK when I was really sleep deprived and thought I was going to get PK'd. a really sad RIP

Turns out my longest is Calrune, 30 days played. Played him from 13 (When you still could do that) to 18. A bastard in Borsail. Was going to, eventaully, try and senior aide/advisor/literacy him but after 5 in game years you kinda get tired of it.

October 18, 2023, 09:57:15 AM #29 Last Edit: October 18, 2023, 10:00:59 AM by Inks
I played Hoge for about a RL year, with 100 days played. Honestly that was unhealthy to spend that much time of a year playing a PC, most of it was RP for sure, I had a ludicrously good time playing with you all. Think I lived with one of Jihelu's PC's for a while which is what reminded me.

Covid and a breakup contributed to that days played in that time...I wrote about five paragraphs here about the adventures and antics but cut it o7.

If anyone has the log of Hoge performing that eight verse epic in Red's for Lady Jal's party about the halflings please submit it to original submissions I am begging you.

Moze is likely still carrying BOTH Arm-bolests thanks to Hogey.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

October 18, 2023, 10:27:11 AM #31 Last Edit: October 18, 2023, 10:33:24 AM by Inks
Haha bet he never expected to even get that first one.

I made like 90k+ on Hoge without any grebbing of any sort and mostly spent it all on booze, spice, and high stakes gambling. Also looking nice though!

Highest paying was assassinating a mindworm for 25k who he had been tracking for years and like...randomly walked into the Gaj, wearing most of the same equipment he remembered. The next week I waited hours in every bar until I saw the guy, tracked him back to an apartment and Draxxed them Sklounst.

Think Hoge died with four small in his bank account. Never have I RPed a more realistic downward spiral and cycles of guilt and self torture on any of my PCs.

Hoge is legitimately my favorite Armageddon character I've ever had the pleasure of experiencing. It was borderline a DnD escapade that led them to meeting and a fun friendship.

What started as a blackmail ended as an apartment robbery of the highest order.

Since we are giving hours, I'll tell mine. But before you all go "this dude is insane" i just want to clarify: Much of this is idle afk time where my leaders wait for way messages while I cook/clean/adult. If you ever messages one of my leaders and didn't hear back for 5-10 rl minutes. This is why.

But I average around 60 days played in 6 months. Or 10rl days logged in per month.
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

October 18, 2023, 06:00:16 PM #34 Last Edit: October 18, 2023, 08:01:53 PM by Windstorm
My habit sometimes, due to other places I've played and like the fact that I'm just home a lot, is sometimes to just be logged in all the time unless my PC is struggling for food or water.

I do wish there was a way to separate active time doing stuff from just being logged in. I played (OTHER M**) briefly, which had this feature, and the ratio for me was like 1:5. I'd be curious how much time, on my PCs, I actually spent playing versus how long I was just logged in.

Longest IC time played though was 18 Zalanthan years on a single PC, but I swear it felt like longer at the time.

Quote from: Inks on October 18, 2023, 10:27:11 AMHighest paying was assassinating a mindworm for 25k who he had been tracking for years and like...randomly walked into the Gaj, wearing most of the same equipment he remembered. The next week I waited hours in every bar until I saw the guy, tracked him back to an apartment and Draxxed them Sklounst.
Yeah...thanks for that...had no idea Hoge was there...
Just...mantis...

Lyvrenxice Oash had 110 days played. That feels crazy in hindsight, except my hometown was destroyed by an earthquake and I literally had nothing else to do. I had her for about 2 RL years.

The rest of my decent PCs come in between 15 and 40 days played over the years.

October 21, 2023, 01:31:42 AM #37 Last Edit: October 21, 2023, 01:34:48 AM by The7DeadlyVenomz
Quote from: Inks on October 18, 2023, 09:57:15 AMI played Hoge for about a RL year, with 100 days played. Honestly that was unhealthy to spend that much time of a year playing a PC, most of it was RP for sure, I had a ludicrously good time playing with you all. Think I lived with one of Jihelu's PC's for a while which is what reminded me.

Covid and a breakup contributed to that days played in that time...I wrote about five paragraphs here about the adventures and antics but cut it o7.

If anyone has the log of Hoge performing that eight verse epic in Red's for Lady Jal's party about the halflings please submit it to original submissions I am begging you.
I played Aaralon ... I might. Have to check my logs. I forget.

Hoge was fucking amazing.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

October 21, 2023, 03:27:31 AM #38 Last Edit: October 21, 2023, 04:52:43 AM by Inks
You legend! And thanks for the kind words! I remember Aaraaraarolon. :)

According to the bio tool, my longest lived was Lord Iancu Oash, played from age 19 to his death at age 44.
Second place is a tie, with Warlord Kharad Tor played from 17 to death at 34, and Faithful Lady Isatep Mrenteki from 18 to death at 35. 

Before the bio tool, though, I had a Fale guard named Hacket 'the Hatchet' Melor who probably aged about 40 years in game and is the only character I've stored out of elderlyness.

"Never do today what you can put off till tomorrow."

-Aaron Burr

Looks like my longest lived was Palimus, who I played with Slipshod as Kharad, who was 14 years (I don't remember the ages).  Longest -played- was Nobody the elf with 103 days playing time.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Quote from: slipshod on October 24, 2023, 04:25:21 PMAccording to the bio tool, my longest lived was Lord Iancu Oash, played from age 19 to his death at age 44.
Second place is a tie, with Warlord Kharad Tor played from 17 to death at 34, and Faithful Lady Isatep Mrenteki from 18 to death at 35. 

Before the bio tool, though, I had a Fale guard named Hacket 'the Hatchet' Melor who probably aged about 40 years in game and is the only character I've stored out of elderlyness.

I remember all of these but Hacket. That was definitely before my time. But that's amazing.

Quote from: slipshod on October 24, 2023, 04:25:21 PMAccording to the bio tool, my longest lived was Lord Iancu Oash, played from age 19 to his death at age 44.

Isatep I remember!  Was one of the people I think I associated quite a lot with as a new player, way back when! Was a good 13 years ago now!  I was playing a Corporal in the Legions at the time.  I think it was her that convinced my character to give her child over to the Order hah!

October 24, 2023, 04:44:55 PM #43 Last Edit: October 24, 2023, 04:50:43 PM by tiny rainbow
"A time of ash shall mark the rise of the cities. Days of old shall be new once more."
"The paths diversify, bright strands bring victory, the wrong steps defeat."

I LOVED Hoge, He got Alara her hook hand! Such a crazy fun time in Armageddon that was! I think my longest tend to last about 6 RL months, one day I'll get past that little hill.

Wasn't the Lord Inquisitor around for forever though? I remember him being around since my first ever character? Unless I'm mixing up Templars, but I'm pretty sure it was him.
The naked chubby winged halfling flaps its wings and blows you a kiss!

Quote from: slipshod on October 24, 2023, 04:25:21 PMand Faithful Lady Isatep Mrenteki from 18 to death at 35. 
The last Scion in the flesh!
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: Armaddict on October 24, 2023, 04:30:20 PMLooks like my longest lived was Palimus, who I played with Slipshod as Kharad, who was 14 years (I don't remember the ages).  Longest -played- was Nobody the elf with 103 days playing time.

I think my longest played is Kharad, at 85 days.
"Never do today what you can put off till tomorrow."

-Aaron Burr

October 24, 2023, 07:58:38 PM #47 Last Edit: October 24, 2023, 08:00:11 PM by Inks
Quote from: Shaydee on October 24, 2023, 04:45:16 PMI LOVED Hoge.

Wasn't the Lord Inquisitor around for forever though? I remember him being around since my first ever character? Unless I'm mixing up Templars, but I'm pretty sure it was him.

Also massive, huge kudos for playing on after getting your hand chopped off. Many people would store and Hoge always had time to help out Alara, she was the only other living survivor of that battle after all!

Sahtuk was around for absolutely ages yes, I think his player posted about him somewhere else but can't remember if he had time/played.

Longest played was Radgek for 67 days, 11 hours, 26 minutes. Not huge considering how long he lived and there were also numerous breaks during this time. Played from 25 years old to 62 (storage).

Calistyrr was played for 51 days, 9 hours, 0 minutes, and he was only played from 22 years old to 29 (died to kryl not long before battle at Tyn Dashra).

Death is only the beginning...

October 26, 2023, 09:50:18 AM #49 Last Edit: October 26, 2023, 09:52:46 AM by Decameron
Top 2 at a glance:

Senior Agent Masa Salarr
2018 - 2022
Played from 16 years old to 55
Craftsperson / Slipknife
Born in Allanak, started play in Allanak.
Played for 252 days, 6 hours, 4 minutes.

Imperial Lord Anthinius Oash
2007 - 2009
Played from 22 years old to 40
Merchant / Linguist
Born in Allanak.
Played for 158 days, 10 hours, 54 minutes.