What CAN'T You Play?

Started by Miradus, January 14, 2017, 12:02:38 PM

I can't play anything.  :'(
"Don't take life too seriously, nobody ever makes it out alive anyway."

Quote from: Hauwke on January 29, 2017, 02:23:07 AM
With enough twinking a merchant can be a force to be reckoned with is what I mean. But a merchant is a merchant not a warrior is the shouldnt part.

I think we just agree to disagree then :)

I don't think having a merchant who is half-decent requires you to be twinky.  There are plenty of reasons why a merchant can be able to hold their own against a normal threat.

If a merchant is a merchant, and not a warrior...does that mean that a warrior is a warrior and not a merchant...and all of them with crafting subguilds should stop selling goods and mastercrafting stuff? :)

January 29, 2017, 04:31:09 PM #77 Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 04:32:53 PM by Akaramu
Quote from: BlackMagic0 on January 29, 2017, 04:14:41 PM

You were a good brother once.  :)

Quote from: Miradus on January 29, 2017, 09:36:40 AM
I'd like a merchant who can simply survive the normal things traveling between cities. Raptors, tok, etc. I don't expect one to be taking down gith or kryl.

A merchant is powerful because (s)he buys guards, templars, and nobles. Possibly other sorts of people as well. If you're traveling alone you're doing it wrong.  :)

Quote from: Akaramu on January 29, 2017, 04:31:09 PM

Yeah, RP with Rakius with my first pc Sira is what hooked me here, their horrible little melodrama which was so fun. <3
Quote from: Maester Aemon Targaryen
What is honor compared to a woman's love? ...Wind and words. Wind and words. We are only human, and the gods have fashioned us for love. That is our great glory, and our great tragedy.

Quote from: Akaramu on January 29, 2017, 04:31:09 PM... you're doing it wrong.  :)

I reject that and all other arbitrary limitations.

It's not arbitrary, it's their role. They get stinking rich and use all that money to their advantage.

Alternatively, play a ranger with the mastercrafting subguild of choice.

Quote from: bardlyone on January 29, 2017, 04:36:28 PM
Quote from: Akaramu on January 29, 2017, 04:31:09 PM

Yeah, RP with Rakius with my first pc Sira is what hooked me here, their horrible little melodrama which was so fun. <3

Haha. Aww.. Thanks.

And you too Akara. :P
"Don't take life too seriously, nobody ever makes it out alive anyway."

Seen some people without combat skills who got relatively badass, all things considered.  But it certainly isn't easy.

I have a very hard time playing dwarves (I get bored with the single-mindedness and social implications that has).  I can play half-giants, but not when people are staring at you waiting for the comedic relief; I play them as big dumb brutes who know they're big dumb brutes, so I kinda play them very sparingly as a result.  I obviously have a hard time with mages.

I can't play desert elves well.  I don't particularly enjoy the balance between iso and non-iso.  I enjoyed them a great deal more when you could have your own tribe with your own limitations, so long as you weren't spewing mages out into the world willy-nilly; now they feel far too restricted in what you can and can't do (only in my head; I haven't actually played one in a long time, pretty much since they said no more self-tribe creation and recruiting).

I have, to this day, never played a merchant or craft-heavy character where a majority of their skilldentity was in crafting skills.  I get really frustrated whenever I try.  I find out a few recipes, then get hungry to find more recipes and get myself killed just out of the desire to find something unique and awesome to make.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Quote from: Armaddict on January 29, 2017, 06:48:12 PM
Seen some people without combat skills who got relatively badass, all things considered.  But it certainly isn't easy.

I have a very hard time playing dwarves (I get bored with the single-mindedness and social implications that has).  I can play half-giants, but not when people are staring at you waiting for the comedic relief; I play them as big dumb brutes who know they're big dumb brutes, so I kinda play them very sparingly as a result.  I obviously have a hard time with mages.

I can't play desert elves well.  I don't particularly enjoy the balance between iso and non-iso.  I enjoyed them a great deal more when you could have your own tribe with your own limitations, so long as you weren't spewing mages out into the world willy-nilly; now they feel far too restricted in what you can and can't do (only in my head; I haven't actually played one in a long time, pretty much since they said no more self-tribe creation and recruiting).

I have, to this day, never played a merchant or craft-heavy character where a majority of their skilldentity was in crafting skills.  I get really frustrated whenever I try.  I find out a few recipes, then get hungry to find more recipes and get myself killed just out of the desire to find something unique and awesome to make.
What you have to do is design a bunch of really fucked and weird mc's that have weird recipes so other people have to go out and try to figure out the unique and awesome things.

Also dildos.

Anything that isn't Guild: Ranger.

Socializers.

Artists.

Antagonists.

Anything with extreme footlong emote paragraphs, like the social stuff for merchants. I hope being a slate faced git who really does not care for anything but his path in life makes for some nice dwarven characters.

Some people scare me when they drop an entire thesis describing their very simple and insignificant actions.

emote takes a sip from the ale mug

The kafka-inspired, waldesian-bohemian young woman intently savors the drink, as though its poor taste mattered not and her joyous and lovely companions supplement and inbibe the aroma with their pure friendship and distilled camaraderie a the beautifully carved table which reminds her of her late  mother who used to also carve wood tables in the Tuluki village of Dudu Oson, as a  single tear crosses her face.

tell woman So, uhh, how's your day been?

You don't have to be like that in any role.  I never emote like that.
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

Dwarves.

Not accusing anyone but, in my opinion, I've disliked them on an OOC level that's almost permeated into my IC responses.

Again, not pointing fingers but I've come across some of the most 'twinkiest' players utilizing dwarves as miniature murder houses. They also have two-thirds less the amount of documentation and culture building as elves but still get treated like miniature humans, barred from only the most extremist of organizations but being able to rise to a relatively high level of success in just about any other dwarf-friendly clan (which is every GMH and mercenary organization).
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

I love dwarves. I get a little kick every time I see a dwarf in a clan they're usually not allowed in, and I enjoy playing their mentality. Unlike elves, their psychology may be useful to humans depending on the person.

I can't play rogues, because every single interaction with mundanes is the most awkward thing I've ever put myself through. I've tried it twice, can't do it. What it seems to be, is that if you do more in public than buy food and leave, the mundanes always seem to think you are out to get them specifically, despite all evidence to the contrary. This is the way it is in Storm; I think they'd bring out the guns anywhere else.

I can't play nobles. I just don't like positions of power and privilege, and you can't get higher than a junior noble.

Those are my standard dislikes, lately though I've been extremely picky about what I want to play.
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

I love my dwarves. I love the base lore of dwarves in all fantasy settings. I grudgingly acknowledge the lack of culture of these dwarves in Armageddon but I've got a lot of head-canon I bring to it that I don't put in character reports or roleplay. Nyah nyah nyah. :)

They're pretty tough right out of the gate and they're strong, which is why they're a throwaway murder machine for some people. But they get clobbered if they go up against a suitably skilled opponent. Consider that they hit pretty hard, but a reasonable opponent is going to get 10 swings against them for every one the stump gets. If that opponent manages to hit 10 times then the dwarf is in trouble.

But the reality is that all of my dwarves feel kind of similar to me. And all my humans are kind of the same too. I cannot play like a quiet little mousy character.

I hate buyer's remorse for when you were debating a certain subguild or whatever but didn't pick it and you can't change it without dying or storing. Seriously it is the worst. It is usually these times when I say I have had it with this rigid guild/subguild system and just take a break from the game for a few months out of frustration.
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

I hate elves.
Celves.
Mechnically.
Everything else is fine I guess.
Also can't stand to play Breeds because their fucked mental mentality is horrible.

Anything where you are required to be around more than a couple of people at a time. Kudos to people that do parties and tavern stuff, I absolutely can't tolerate it for very long at all.
What kind of jerkoff shakes a tent in the dark? Go out there and see who or what that is.

Social Butterflies and characters that follow the law.

Mantis.  :'(
The Ooze is strong with this one

Quote from: 8bitgrandpa on June 28, 2016, 12:01:20 AM
You are our official hammer, Ooze.

Malachi 2:3

Any character after my "main" dies, because I'll always end up making sloppy grunts that die in the same day they spawn
The man puts his tongued, grotesque, translucent groin rig on over his eyes.

Dwarves. I hate them, for whatever reason.
And I really dislike crowds.
And... anything other than a warrior main guild.
Quote from: nauta on February 23, 2015, 04:50:18 PM
Tek's Balls - See Utep's teeth.

If life gives you lemons, open a lemonade stand untill you make millions, invest into weapons and go to war.

So far, any pickpocket/burglar character of mine has been especially short-lived.  :D Whether it's player interaction/RP or solo activity I'm happiest keeping active when I'm logged in, and the sneak-thief types seem to require a level of patience and keeping your head down that I, so far, just can't seem to muster.
You're solid gold.
I'll see you in hell.