What CAN'T You Play?

Started by Miradus, January 14, 2017, 12:02:38 PM

i get bored really fast with guilds.
and elves. This is mostly because a lot of players will directly disclude you from rp. Which turns into doing a whole lot of nothing.

I get really sick of the "it's a elf/breed/gick, let's all leave" mentality.
Quotejmordetsky: so I reckon, before 1750, people were fuckin retarded

QuoteNamino:
I'm not going to spawn 100,000,000 eggs like a black marlin just because Mekillots are a thing 

A prostitute.
Live your life as though your every act were to become a universal law.

--Immanuel Kant

Quote from: satine on December 02, 2017, 12:25:30 PM
i get bored really fast with guilds.
and elves. This is mostly because a lot of players will directly disclude you from rp. Which turns into doing a whole lot of nothing.

I get really sick of the "it's a elf/breed/gick, let's all leave" mentality.

You mean, the documentation of the game?

I don't really see people leave, per se, when elves and Magickers show up. They mostly just aren't nice to them, and tend to insult them to their face, or dismiss what they have to say because it's from their point of view. That's including you in RP.
Live your life as though your every act were to become a universal law.

--Immanuel Kant

Being ignored or walked out on is being included in the roleplay -- they're following the rules of their role.  They're just not including you in their reindeer games, so to speak.

But I could totally understand not wanting to play those roles.  They can definitely be isolating.
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

Can be. Just requires more effort to carve out a niche, and more wariness not to get diced at the first chance someone gets.
Quote from: Is Friday
If you ever hassle me IC for not playing much that means that I'm going to play even less or I'll forever write you off as a neckbeard chained to his computer. So don't be a dick.

I can't be evil for too long! Arugh!!! I'm sorry, doods. Maybe if I were evil in bursts, but sometimes I play a lot and I really don't enjoy ruining lives and saying goodbye to people I can't use just to keep the ones that can be used, mostly because I'm pretty much a barbarian OOC and being "civilized" is quite an ordeal for me sometimes.
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

I'm getting an itch for a pc that would be purposefully temporary, you know, some kind of troublemaker with no complicated surefire plan to survive his/her hijinks. I -never- want to play those, but today I do.

I can't play a rogue witch, period. I mean, I love the shit out of elves, its sort of a communication screw-up with a staff member that made me lose my confidence in being able to portray them properly. But people don't want to kill elves for being elves, -all the time.- They might have something to sell, they might want to buy from you, especially since they're probably forced to give you a better deal, and may have more guts for certain kinds of goods that would be hard to fence or ditch anywhere. They have eyes and ears in places your aide friend and Kadian mate are never going to be. Rogue mages? Nah. People don't seem to want to deal with that shit, and they seem to have ways of knowing you're an untouchable from the moment you get out of chargen. No thanks.

The way it appears is that people come out of chargen unmanifested and make friends/train sometimes for months at a time before learning their own dark secret and going rogue. More power to them, but just thinking about all that effort makes me feel tired, especially when the social life and things to do for a gemmed in 'nak seem to be prolific compared to that.

Lately dwarves have been kind of my antithesis because I feel the need to be able to change my direction in life if I feel like it, even though I tend to play the same exact thing for months at a time, with differences here and there in race or skills.
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded