Gypsies
Red Robes
Halflings
Tek controlling the north
Sorcerors

Oh!
And the RAT thread.

What do YOU miss?
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

I miss halflings, cotton picking and weaving (major miss there), the volcano (although the scoria's a nice grebbing zone now) and the many types of Tuluki tea. Tuluk itself was great for playing unmanifted witches in, but, eh, Allanak is my homeboy.

All those items of Tuluk as well! Don't tell me you don't miss that huge chunk of thingies.
Do yourself a favor, and play Resident Evil 4 again.

Everybody missed halflings.

I miss Tuluk.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Quote from: Reiloth on September 14, 2016, 12:26:56 AM
I miss Tuluk.

Quote from: Yam on September 14, 2016, 12:05:12 AM

Red Fang
Wyverns
Tor Scorpions
Dune Stalkers/Sand Jakhals/ATV....basically more delf tribes than literally the only two remaining clan options we have nowadays
Tan Muark/Benjari/Jul Tavan...basically more human tribes than literally the only two remaining clan options we have nowadays
Quote from: Majikal on August 20, 2009, 05:53:09 PM

Running after Carru, catching them, then eating them while they are still breathing is a Red Fang's version of 'fast food'.

September 14, 2016, 12:50:46 AM #5 Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 12:59:11 AM by Dresan
I still don't mind that Tuluk closed.

But I do miss playing an independent in Tuluk, and having a noble patron. It just made it easier to get involved while potentially having some backing for your own ambitions and plots.

Quote from: Yam on September 14, 2016, 12:05:12 AM

This made me lol.

Red Fangs.
Halflings.
Tuluk.
The X-Men days.
RAT.
Being forced to smirk at wrist razors.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

I miss

Shalooonsh.
Red Fangs
Dune Stalkers
Nilazi Elementalists
My childhood, or the days when I could actually play.

Mmm. That's it. I dont miss Tuluk. I find it hilarious how many people cry foul about it's closure, while I still remember how many people said how much it sucked beforehand. Oh sure. There was a brief period of awesomeness right before Tuluki closure with Majikal and a few other people at it's leadership scene. But overall, Tuluk sucked and I dont miss it.

I would say, this is it. The rest that has become gone isnt really too impactful on my interest of the game, or maybe even better for it.

An interesting  GDB.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Whatever happens, happens.

RANDOM ARMAGEDDON THOUGHTS
Czar of City Elves.

Quote from: Dar on September 14, 2016, 01:08:04 AM
I miss

Shalooonsh.
Red Fangs
Dune Stalkers
Nilazi Elementalists
My childhood, or the days when I could actually play.

Mmm. That's it. I dont miss Tuluk. I find it hilarious how many people cry foul about it's closure, while I still remember how many people said how much it sucked beforehand. Oh sure. There was a brief period of awesomeness right before Tuluki closure with Majikal and a few other people at it's leadership scene. But overall, Tuluk sucked and I dont miss it.

I would say, this is it. The rest that has become gone isnt really too impactful on my interest of the game, or maybe even better for it.

Don't yuck my yummy.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Tuluk, but only as an adversary.

Red Fangs

The X-men days. (props to Majikal)

Full elementalists.

The days when Tor was open and active (mostly because they had Tuluk to hate on, which is no longer hateable - out of sight, out of mind).

Halflings.

Nilazis and full sorcs.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

It was the 84th day of the 84th Year of the Age of Shortness when from distant lands across the unforgiving silt sea a dozen large skimmers landed on the shores near Redstorm. To the Known World's surprise the skimmers were carrying a few thousand halflings not unlike in appearance to those halflings whom had previously occupied the northern forests in years past. The small folk seemed to have no interest in eating the men and women of Redstorm and instead were seeking refuge. Silt giants had in the past months came to their island home on the distant sea and destroyed it while trying to enslave and eat their diminutive race. Those that escaped on their sturdy skimmers, a necessity for an island culture, were all that remained of their race and now they sought a new fortune in the Known World.

There, now we have awesome halflings that can actually interact with the playerbase and provide an extremely interesting and dynamic addition to the many groups in the game. Bonus points that they are sort of pirate-ey in a way. Extra bonus points that it will actually be something interesting and completely new for people to tinker with after many years of there being relatively little on this sort of front.

Just give me my damned halflings. I don't even want to play them. I just want to interact with them and have them around to interact with because halflings are just fun little people.
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

Kanks
Cotton
Tor Scorpions
Halflings
Quote from: AdamBluewear Inix pelvis
You wear a wood-carved inix strap-on on your pelvis.
etwo wood
You reach down and grasp your wood-carved inix strap-on.
kill booty

The war, and having something that big and important to plan about and talk about and worry about.

Quote from: Beethoven on September 14, 2016, 09:37:31 AM
Nilazi.  :'(

Quote from: Lizzie on September 14, 2016, 09:13:05 AM
Tuluk, but only as an adversary.

Red Fangs

The X-men days. (props to Majikal)

Full elementalists.

The days when Tor was open and active (mostly because they had Tuluk to hate on, which is no longer hateable - out of sight, out of mind).

Halflings.

Nilazis and full sorcs.

All the above except the power ranger/Zalanthan superhero part....unless the "X-men" days refer to something else?
Quote from: Majikal on August 20, 2009, 05:53:09 PM

Running after Carru, catching them, then eating them while they are still breathing is a Red Fang's version of 'fast food'.

Kanks were cool, but I mostly miss being a newb and looking at the world with wide open eyes.  I miss that about RL, too.
Where it will go

full guild gicks
3/21/16 Never Forget

Random Armageddon Thoughts.

Not being cynical about everything OOC.

Also executions and torture scenes. Those were fun.

Quote from: Desertman on September 14, 2016, 09:30:26 AM
It was the 84th day of the 84th Year of the Age of Shortness when from distant lands across the unforgiving silt sea a dozen large skimmers landed on the shores near Redstorm. To the Known World's surprise the skimmers were carrying a few thousand halflings not unlike in appearance to those halflings whom had previously occupied the northern forests in years past. The small folk seemed to have no interest in eating the men and women of Redstorm and instead were seeking refuge. Silt giants had in the past months came to their island home on the distant sea and destroyed it while trying to enslave and eat their diminutive race. Those that escaped on their sturdy skimmers, a necessity for an island culture, were all that remained of their race and now they sought a new fortune in the Known World.

There, now we have awesome halflings that can actually interact with the playerbase and provide an extremely interesting and dynamic addition to the many groups in the game. Bonus points that they are sort of pirate-ey in a way. Extra bonus points that it will actually be something interesting and completely new for people to tinker with after many years of there being relatively little on this sort of front.

Just give me my damned halflings. I don't even want to play them. I just want to interact with them and have them around to interact with because halflings are just fun little people.

Please. I want this.
All I see turns to brown, as the sun burns the ground
And my eyes fill with sand, as I scan this wasted land
Trying to find, trying to find where I've been.

A band of halflings deploying on the shore of silt sea. Mmmm, what a perfect reason to open the Wyverns for the new Borsail role.