I miss...

Started by ShaLeah, September 13, 2016, 11:46:27 PM

i miss being a leader. that was fun.
Quote from: Adhira on January 01, 2014, 07:15:46 PM
I could give a shit about wholesome.

I think my point has been missed. It was only nostalgia I was expressing, like ShaLeah mentioned. I've had great communication with staff via requests, but I'm talking a time before requests, 10+years ago. I like and hate the new system of dealing with mostly everything through requests. It can be so much easier, but it takes RP away from in game. Sitting down in clan groups for meetings with your NPC bosses and their minions can be great RP, and you can learn so much more about who you work for, and so on. That's all.
Death is only the beginning...

Quote from: Evilone on September 17, 2016, 08:23:57 AM
I think my point has been missed. It was only nostalgia I was expressing, like ShaLeah mentioned. I've had great communication with staff via requests, but I'm talking a time before requests, 10+years ago. I like and hate the new system of dealing with mostly everything through requests. It can be so much easier, but it takes RP away from in game. Sitting down in clan groups for meetings with your NPC bosses and their minions can be great RP, and you can learn so much more about who you work for, and so on. That's all.
I don't play leader roles, but this would ve awesome. Usually the only time you ever see an NPC leader being animated is to promote someone to the highest rank available to PCs within a clan, or to absolute destroy a PC leader. Would be nice to see them doing some moreundane things, even if it is just showing up to ask a PC leader what's new in the world.
yousuck

That actually happens in my clan.

Quote from: yousuff on September 17, 2016, 09:19:45 AM
Quote from: Evilone on September 17, 2016, 08:23:57 AM
I don't play leader roles, but this would ve awesome. Usually the only time you ever see an NPC leader being animated is to promote someone to the highest rank available to PCs within a clan, or to absolute destroy a PC leader. Would be nice to see them doing some moreundane things, even if it is just showing up to ask a PC leader what's new in the world.

This totally happens. It's great when an NPC leader just drops by in the clan compound and starts checking into things and getting to know the people there, asking names and motivations. Or other NPC's start chatting at folks randomly and impromptu, zany stuff goes down. It makes the game really come alive. Kudos to all the GMs who do these things and balance it neatly with reports and admin stuff as well. It doesn't have to be a lot or often, but it's awesome overall and appreciated.
Smooth Sands,
Maristen Kadius, Solace the Bard, Paxter (Jump), Numii Arabet, and the rest.

I miss being able to play an independant, and have ample opportunities to get involved.

I feel like one unexpected consquence of magicker subguilds is that people now think you are a rogue magicker if you roll ranger indie.

Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

I miss proper use of the "I Miss" thread. When people were using it to talk about the real things that used to be in Arm and are no longer, instead of using the format of the thread to talk about their gripes with how Armageddon is now, gripes with player decisions that are being made 'right now',  or just plain taking potshots at staff.

Guys. GUYS.

On topic or I split the thread. Seriously.

Should just lock the thread entirely. Half the thing people are saying the miss exist, the other half I'd disagree with being good things.

I miss the colorful red and yellow ASCII art sun that used to display when you went to the D)ocumentation menu from the main menu.  The only instance of color in the game?
The neat, clean-shaven man sends you a telepathic message:
     "I tried hairy...Im sorry"

I rather see it closed too, before pots start calling kettles black.