Gypsies
Red Robes
Halflings
Tek controlling the north
Sorcerors

Oh!
And the RAT thread.

What do YOU miss?
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

I miss halflings, cotton picking and weaving (major miss there), the volcano (although the scoria's a nice grebbing zone now) and the many types of Tuluki tea. Tuluk itself was great for playing unmanifted witches in, but, eh, Allanak is my homeboy.

All those items of Tuluk as well! Don't tell me you don't miss that huge chunk of thingies.
Do yourself a favor, and play Resident Evil 4 again.

Everybody missed halflings.

I miss Tuluk.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Quote from: Reiloth on September 14, 2016, 12:26:56 AM
I miss Tuluk.

Quote from: Yam on September 14, 2016, 12:05:12 AM

Red Fang
Wyverns
Tor Scorpions
Dune Stalkers/Sand Jakhals/ATV....basically more delf tribes than literally the only two remaining clan options we have nowadays
Tan Muark/Benjari/Jul Tavan...basically more human tribes than literally the only two remaining clan options we have nowadays
Quote from: Majikal on August 20, 2009, 05:53:09 PM

Running after Carru, catching them, then eating them while they are still breathing is a Red Fang's version of 'fast food'.

September 14, 2016, 12:50:46 AM #5 Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 12:59:11 AM by Dresan
I still don't mind that Tuluk closed.

But I do miss playing an independent in Tuluk, and having a noble patron. It just made it easier to get involved while potentially having some backing for your own ambitions and plots.

Quote from: Yam on September 14, 2016, 12:05:12 AM

This made me lol.

Red Fangs.
Halflings.
Tuluk.
The X-Men days.
RAT.
Being forced to smirk at wrist razors.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

I miss

Shalooonsh.
Red Fangs
Dune Stalkers
Nilazi Elementalists
My childhood, or the days when I could actually play.

Mmm. That's it. I dont miss Tuluk. I find it hilarious how many people cry foul about it's closure, while I still remember how many people said how much it sucked beforehand. Oh sure. There was a brief period of awesomeness right before Tuluki closure with Majikal and a few other people at it's leadership scene. But overall, Tuluk sucked and I dont miss it.

I would say, this is it. The rest that has become gone isnt really too impactful on my interest of the game, or maybe even better for it.

An interesting  GDB.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Whatever happens, happens.

RANDOM ARMAGEDDON THOUGHTS
Czar of City Elves.

Quote from: Dar on September 14, 2016, 01:08:04 AM
I miss

Shalooonsh.
Red Fangs
Dune Stalkers
Nilazi Elementalists
My childhood, or the days when I could actually play.

Mmm. That's it. I dont miss Tuluk. I find it hilarious how many people cry foul about it's closure, while I still remember how many people said how much it sucked beforehand. Oh sure. There was a brief period of awesomeness right before Tuluki closure with Majikal and a few other people at it's leadership scene. But overall, Tuluk sucked and I dont miss it.

I would say, this is it. The rest that has become gone isnt really too impactful on my interest of the game, or maybe even better for it.

Don't yuck my yummy.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Tuluk, but only as an adversary.

Red Fangs

The X-men days. (props to Majikal)

Full elementalists.

The days when Tor was open and active (mostly because they had Tuluk to hate on, which is no longer hateable - out of sight, out of mind).

Halflings.

Nilazis and full sorcs.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

It was the 84th day of the 84th Year of the Age of Shortness when from distant lands across the unforgiving silt sea a dozen large skimmers landed on the shores near Redstorm. To the Known World's surprise the skimmers were carrying a few thousand halflings not unlike in appearance to those halflings whom had previously occupied the northern forests in years past. The small folk seemed to have no interest in eating the men and women of Redstorm and instead were seeking refuge. Silt giants had in the past months came to their island home on the distant sea and destroyed it while trying to enslave and eat their diminutive race. Those that escaped on their sturdy skimmers, a necessity for an island culture, were all that remained of their race and now they sought a new fortune in the Known World.

There, now we have awesome halflings that can actually interact with the playerbase and provide an extremely interesting and dynamic addition to the many groups in the game. Bonus points that they are sort of pirate-ey in a way. Extra bonus points that it will actually be something interesting and completely new for people to tinker with after many years of there being relatively little on this sort of front.

Just give me my damned halflings. I don't even want to play them. I just want to interact with them and have them around to interact with because halflings are just fun little people.
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

Kanks
Cotton
Tor Scorpions
Halflings
Quote from: AdamBluewear Inix pelvis
You wear a wood-carved inix strap-on on your pelvis.
etwo wood
You reach down and grasp your wood-carved inix strap-on.
kill booty

The war, and having something that big and important to plan about and talk about and worry about.

Quote from: Beethoven on September 14, 2016, 09:37:31 AM
Nilazi.  :'(

Quote from: Lizzie on September 14, 2016, 09:13:05 AM
Tuluk, but only as an adversary.

Red Fangs

The X-men days. (props to Majikal)

Full elementalists.

The days when Tor was open and active (mostly because they had Tuluk to hate on, which is no longer hateable - out of sight, out of mind).

Halflings.

Nilazis and full sorcs.

All the above except the power ranger/Zalanthan superhero part....unless the "X-men" days refer to something else?
Quote from: Majikal on August 20, 2009, 05:53:09 PM

Running after Carru, catching them, then eating them while they are still breathing is a Red Fang's version of 'fast food'.

Kanks were cool, but I mostly miss being a newb and looking at the world with wide open eyes.  I miss that about RL, too.
Where it will go

full guild gicks
3/21/16 Never Forget

Random Armageddon Thoughts.

Not being cynical about everything OOC.

Also executions and torture scenes. Those were fun.

Quote from: Desertman on September 14, 2016, 09:30:26 AM
It was the 84th day of the 84th Year of the Age of Shortness when from distant lands across the unforgiving silt sea a dozen large skimmers landed on the shores near Redstorm. To the Known World's surprise the skimmers were carrying a few thousand halflings not unlike in appearance to those halflings whom had previously occupied the northern forests in years past. The small folk seemed to have no interest in eating the men and women of Redstorm and instead were seeking refuge. Silt giants had in the past months came to their island home on the distant sea and destroyed it while trying to enslave and eat their diminutive race. Those that escaped on their sturdy skimmers, a necessity for an island culture, were all that remained of their race and now they sought a new fortune in the Known World.

There, now we have awesome halflings that can actually interact with the playerbase and provide an extremely interesting and dynamic addition to the many groups in the game. Bonus points that they are sort of pirate-ey in a way. Extra bonus points that it will actually be something interesting and completely new for people to tinker with after many years of there being relatively little on this sort of front.

Just give me my damned halflings. I don't even want to play them. I just want to interact with them and have them around to interact with because halflings are just fun little people.

Please. I want this.
All I see turns to brown, as the sun burns the ground
And my eyes fill with sand, as I scan this wasted land
Trying to find, trying to find where I've been.

A band of halflings deploying on the shore of silt sea. Mmmm, what a perfect reason to open the Wyverns for the new Borsail role.

My rose-colored glasses.

Halaster.
There is no general doctrine which is not capable of eating out our morality if unchecked by the deep-seated habit of direct fellow-feeling with individual fellow-men. -George Eliot

... doing things that make sense in the world, putting in the time and RP as a player, and seeing that thing come to fruition.

#NoMoreRoadBlocks
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: SuchDragonWow on September 14, 2016, 01:31:33 PM
Kanks were cool, but I mostly miss being a newb and looking at the world with wide open eyes.

Man, that's a good one. My first time seeing a magicker (I played Tuluk exclusively for my first couple of years) was about a year or so into the game and I saw a talented Nilazi or a Sorceror going wild against Tuluk. Later I would understand oocly that it was just one creative pc making some fun for everyone... but back then, I would have sworn I was in some epic staff rpt. I do miss the lack of surprises after you've been active in the game for so long, but I enjoy when I get to recreate those moments of awesome back to new or returning players.

I miss.... Sanvean. How did I forget her!
I also miss.... Nenyuki agent pc's. I had some good times with a couple of them in my noob days. Though with player created clans/warehouses, I could see this being able to work again while being a lot more interesting as far as travel and duties. Junior agent traveling city to city and outpost to outpost collecting payment on smaller properties etc. Lots of opportunity for travel and lots of opportunities for involving other players in the safety or danger of said travel. Hmmmm...
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Quote from: Refugee on September 14, 2016, 09:50:36 AM
The war, and having something that big and important to plan about and talk about and worry about.

That.
Random Armageddon Thoughts
Tuluk
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

September 14, 2016, 07:53:53 PM #31 Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 03:25:56 AM by Jingo
Edit: Bad post.
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

I miss the old Arm, the 3 room bow Arm
Choppin mofo's Arm, kanks on the roads Arm
I hate the new Arm, the grunting dude Arm
The tavern brood Arm, no more search room Arm
I miss the sweet Arm, roleplaying beasts Arm
I gotta say, at that time I'd like to play Arm
See Arm invented Arm, it wasn't any Arm
And now I look and look around and there is no Arm
I used to love Arm, I used to love Arm
I even had the Team Allanak shirt, I thought I was Arm
What if Arm made a GDB post, about Arm?
Called "I Miss The Old Arm," man that would be so Arm
That's all it was: Arm, we still love Arm
And I love you like Arm loves Arm

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on September 15, 2016, 01:25:06 AM
I miss the old Arm, the 3 room bow Arm
Choppin mofo's Arm, kanks on the roads Arm
I hate the new Arm, the grunting dude Arm
The tavern brood Arm, no more search room Arm
I miss the sweet Arm, roleplaying beasts Arm
I gotta say, at that time I'd like to play Arm
See Arm invented Arm, it wasn't any Arm
And now I look and look around and there is no Arm
I used to love Arm, I used to love Arm
I even had the Team Allanak shirt, I thought I was Arm
What if Arm made a GDB post, about Arm?
Called "I Miss The Old Arm," man that would be so Arm
That's all it was: Arm, we still love Arm
And I love you like Arm loves Arm

Kudos sir.

Malbken Gardens [N, E, S]

These orchards lie sheltered beneath the eastern city wall of the

ruins of Tuluk, unkempt rows of agafaris, cynipri, and dramam ravaged for

leaves or wood or fruit, their leaves listless in the wind.  Weeds grow in

aggressive clusters, the ground beneath the old fruit trees dried by the

competition for precious water.  Insects and rats wander about the gardens,

and now and then a soldier appears in the distance to scan for looters. 

:'(

Quote from: BadSkeelz on September 14, 2016, 01:46:48 PM
Not being cynical about everything OOC.

Also executions and torture scenes. Those were fun.

be the change
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

Tuluk above everything.
Grey Hunt.
All the noble and gmh branches that helped make the clans seem different instead of basically just being all the same. Scorpions. Wyverns. J'Karr. Falcons. Etc.
Red Robes.
Full Elementalists.
Full Sorcerers.
Staff Interaction from NPC Leaders before Request Tool.
My Horse!
Death is only the beginning...

I think parts of this thread lean towards a thinly veiled 'fuck you!' to Staff for the changes that have occurred in the game. I think it's fine to reminisce and pine for the days of yore, or the things that have changed, but maybe we should err on the side of not being passive dicks.

~Jack Vance~

Quote from: Reiloth on September 15, 2016, 11:01:44 AM
I think parts of this thread lean towards a thinly veiled 'fuck you!' to Staff for the changes that have occurred in the game. I think it's fine to reminisce and pine for the days of yore, or the things that have changed, but maybe we should err on the side of not being passive dicks.

This thread is about nostalgia. At least it is for me.

Let's not project feelings that aren't there and remember that how an individual perceives the tone could be miles away from the actual intention.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

September 15, 2016, 01:01:47 PM #39 Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 01:03:19 PM by RogueGunslinger

I feel like I shouldn't have to say this. But my post was satire and parody. I do not in fact want 3 room bows back.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on September 15, 2016, 01:01:47 PM

I feel like I shouldn't have to say this. But my post was satire and parody. I do not in fact want 3 room bows back.

Seriously though, kanks.
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

trolling psionic fungus and spawnloser

Quote from: ShaLeah on September 15, 2016, 12:12:05 PM

This thread is about nostalgia. At least it is for me.

Let's not project feelings that aren't there and remember that how an individual perceives the tone could be miles away from the actual intention.

Being emotionally correct is nigh impossible to interpret via text. And the road to hell is paved with good intentions  :-*

~Jack Vance~

Quote from: Riev on September 14, 2016, 03:33:40 PM
... doing things that make sense in the world, putting in the time and RP as a player, and seeing that thing come to fruition.

#NoMoreRoadBlocks
I'm hoping staff are open minded. At least for what I have in mind soon :) I mean, what's the point in playing this game at all if nothing can be achieved that makes sense in the setting and you've put hard work into for a reason other than a staffer says no? Fingers crosses this isn't the case
yousuck

Quote from: yousuff on September 15, 2016, 01:23:44 PM
Quote from: Riev on September 14, 2016, 03:33:40 PM

#NoMoreRoadBlocks
I'm hoping staff are open minded. At least for what I have in mind soon :) I mean, what's the point in playing this game at all if nothing can be achieved that makes sense in the setting and you've put hard work into for a reason other than a staffer says no? Fingers crosses this isn't the case

Yeah, I think players often think 'Staff is out to get me or create roadblocks', but I view them more as the gatekeepers for what is and isn't acceptable (or what is and isn't possible) in the game world to fit the setting. So while you might think something fits perfectly, Staff might disagree, and you shouldn't take it personally. At least I try not to -- I usually shoot out ideas without real OOC attachment to them. I've found Staff to be open minded, as long as I am open minded and ready to compromise.

~Jack Vance~

I don't think they're "out to get me" because nobody on staff cares about me (personally) enough as a player to dislike me.

However, their job IS to create roadblocks. They are not there to facilitate your plotlines, they are there to make them POSSIBLE and DIFFICULT. Most plot lines in game end up requiring some staff intervention to get that one item, or open those gates, etc etc. However, they do not just 'do' that, they "make the world come alive" for you, which means roadblocks.

They do this, because if it was 'easy' to do, they feel we as players wouldn't feel the sense of accomplishment otherwise. Unfortunately, I am one of those players who wants to plan things out, get them done in game in a REASONABLE AMOUNT OF TIME CONSIDERING THIS IS A GAME, and not have the world shift just to keep me from my menial goal of "building a small pile of rocks".

I get it, I do, but I miss the days of Templar's raiding villages and bringing in chests full of coin. I miss someone wishing up that they want to jump out of this window, and not having to wait three hours (sometimes, not usually admittedly). I miss being told to "investigate" something, and it not taking so long for that ONE STAFF WHO IS ABLE to dig through logs to help out. I miss staff taking their clans out on clan-RPTs that end up not meaning much but a good adventure. I miss playing with staff, who often times seem more like paper pushers and less like the storytellers their titles make them up to be.

I don't blame any one, or group, specifically. Its like Tuluk, this is just how its evolved. And I'm crotchedy. I just really miss roleplaying a character in a D&D inspired universe where I start off as some nobody commoner but, if I work hard enough, I COULD be a semi-noticeable member of a Guild or House.

Shadowboard much?

I dunno dude. I don't experience that at all. The more you try to involve people and Staff, the more likely you are to succeed. I'd recommend more patience and having another hobby to counter balance Arm so you don't have all your eggs in the Armageddon basket.

~Jack Vance~

Quote from: Reiloth on September 16, 2016, 10:10:03 AM
Shadowboard much?

Assumptions, much? I've been told this by more than one staffer, before. I GET the theory behind it, and its a sound one, just not for my playstyle. Which is why I miss it all.

I don't know about all that other stuff, but I do enjoy old-school dungeon crawls and beat-em-up RPTs.

Quote from: Delirium on September 16, 2016, 12:29:35 PM
I don't know about all that other stuff, but I do enjoy old-school dungeon crawls and beat-em-up RPTs.

I was involved in one of these within the last six months, and three of these within the last year.

I'm too young to miss most of the items listed above, but I do miss:

1. House Dasari!  (And pymlithe boughs.)

2. The Bards of Poet's Circle.

3. Akei'Ta Var.  The treehouse camp was beyond beautiful.

as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

Quote from: nauta on September 16, 2016, 12:37:17 PM

Ugh. The one time I played an ATV, I was so new to the game I didn't know what I was doing. Leaving animals at stunned, to die because I didn't understand combat fully. Almost never visited the camp... wugh. Now, I could've done so much better.

Quote from: Riev on September 16, 2016, 08:47:33 AM
I don't think they're "out to get me" because nobody on staff cares about me (personally) enough as a player to dislike me.

However, their job IS to create roadblocks. They are not there to facilitate your plotlines, they are there to make them POSSIBLE and DIFFICULT. Most plot lines in game end up requiring some staff intervention to get that one item, or open those gates, etc etc. However, they do not just 'do' that, they "make the world come alive" for you, which means roadblocks.

They do this, because if it was 'easy' to do, they feel we as players wouldn't feel the sense of accomplishment otherwise. Unfortunately, I am one of those players who wants to plan things out, get them done in game in a REASONABLE AMOUNT OF TIME CONSIDERING THIS IS A GAME, and not have the world shift just to keep me from my menial goal of "building a small pile of rocks".

I get it, I do, but I miss the days of Templar's raiding villages and bringing in chests full of coin. I miss someone wishing up that they want to jump out of this window, and not having to wait three hours (sometimes, not usually admittedly). I miss being told to "investigate" something, and it not taking so long for that ONE STAFF WHO IS ABLE to dig through logs to help out. I miss staff taking their clans out on clan-RPTs that end up not meaning much but a good adventure. I miss playing with staff, who often times seem more like paper pushers and less like the storytellers their titles make them up to be.

I don't blame any one, or group, specifically. Its like Tuluk, this is just how its evolved. And I'm crotchedy. I just really miss roleplaying a character in a D&D inspired universe where I start off as some nobody commoner but, if I work hard enough, I COULD be a semi-noticeable member of a Guild or House.

When did we have Templars raiding villages and bringing in chests of coin? When did this EVER happen in Arm? I mean it sounds cool. And it'd be something I'd put into a thread called "What I want to happen", but to my knowledge ... nothing like that ever happened in Arm, so how can you be missing it?

Wishing up and 'not' needing to wait 3+ hours. Again? When have this ever not been an issue in Arm? GMs are people as well and if they're logged off, then they're logged off. It's all a bit of a luck of the draw thing. If you have it organized with the GM, set the time to be both on line and so on and so on, then the wishing up is seamless. But if it's a spur in the moment thing, then they may not be online to respond to the wish? At the risk of causing offense, I find thist statement to be ... petulant.

Small clan RPT outings happen all the time. My last experience with the Byn was less then a year ago, but it was so saturated with plots and rpts that honestly, I wished they'd slow down a little bit.

I dont know what happened to make you all crotchety, Riev. But I swear, it feels like we're playing a different game. Arm is not perfect. There are a lot of things in Arm that I wish would improve, change, in some cases, revert to how they used to be. But I am 'not' getting as much negative gameplay experience as you seem to be getting. I dont know why.

Mad agree w Dar.

~Jack Vance~

The fact that you didn't know it happened, doesn't mean it didn't happen.

I've had great experiences with Arm, but this wasn't a "tell me good things" thread, it was an "I miss the good things" style of thread.

And no, things weren't ALWAYS planned with staff, but I found myself in a lot of roles under players who would task me to "find it out now" and by the time I got a staffer to help, the leader didn't care because the situation had passed. Looking for murderers, thieves, etc typically.

I played a lot of military roles, in the ONLY times (it seemed) when there was no active enemy.

I don't want to hamper discussion, but on the other hand, this thread is going way off the rails from the original intention.

Should I split off this topic or can we just move on?

Quote from: Delirium on September 16, 2016, 02:52:00 PM
I don't want to hamper discussion, but on the other hand, this thread is going way off the rails from the original intention.

Should I split off this topic or can we just move on?
I don't think any of us would be brave enough to dedicate a thread to staff being roadblocks ::) It's something I've yet to encounter, but I think we've all heard tales.
yousuck

I miss...
Nyr

Yeah, I miss Nyr, too.  I didn't often agree with him, but he was always fair with me.  I hope he's living it up, but I'm sure marriage is destroying his soul like it does everyone's.
Where it will go

I miss ATV too. I wished I'd known about it a lot sooner,  though I never saw any tree house.
Pymlithe is still a thing.

I thought ATV are still around. Except ... a lot different, and closed.

I miss not knowing as much as I do about the game world.  Finding out kool sekrets was a lot of fun, for me.

I'm sure there's plenty more out there.
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

Quote from: Evilone on September 15, 2016, 06:17:50 AM

Well, damn.
Lâche pas la patate!
Quote from: Asmoth on February 12, 2016, 03:42:53 PM
...I'm almost certain that I shouldn't be pronouncing some of them like Urine-Moose.

I don't want to put anyone out, but there have been a fair number of mini-animations recently that I am aware of.

And I appreciate them all. Thank you for paying attentions, guys.

I've had more animations for the last several months than all the time before.  And not just to chew my ass out either, which is what they all did before, lol!  Staff has been great for awhile now!

Quote from: Tuannon on September 16, 2016, 08:40:26 PM
I don't want to put anyone out, but there have been a fair number of mini-animations recently that I am aware of.

And I appreciate them all. Thank you for paying attentions, guys.
It is said that things coming in through the gate can never be your own treasures. What is gained from external circumstances will perish in the end.
- the Mumonkan

QuoteI miss...

... Byn sergeants who weren't sponsored in  :(
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

Quote from: Cayuga on September 16, 2016, 08:28:56 PM

Well, damn.

Aww! You've been great Cayuga, cus I think it's been you who's been doing the animations lately! You've done more than I've seen in about 4 years since I've been back playing after a long break is just what I'm getting at. I love seeing the npc leaders pop in, even if it's just briefly. It makes the world feel alive. It makes the clan feel alive. Something I have missed, but I am totally enjoying seeing it once again in ARM. Kudos to staff for that. It sometimes feels like staff get bogged down by so much paperwork behind the scenes, they should be allowed to have more fun playing NPC's and interacting with the players.

Quote from: Cayuga on September 16, 2016, 08:28:56 PM

Well, damn.

I've had overwhelmingly good interactions with my staffers.  I'm the dumbass.  I've had nothing but support from the administration via the request tool.

This may be a little corny, but I miss being a sponsored role under Xalle.  They're a wonderful staffer, and very supportive.  Just by judging from the staff culture on arm, presently, I think if you said they're anything but supportive, you'd have a wildly different experience than my own.  It goes pretty much like: 

"Hey, can I do something stupid?"

"Sure, you're welcome to try!"

And they will always call you on your bullshit.  Frankly, I appreciate it.

Where it will go

Double posting, because who cares, to add:  I'm not 100% sure I know what EO is referencing.  But because I don't want to derail, I miss ...

The Byn.  Man, what a thing.  It's the real thing in Arm.
Where it will go

I was involved in one of these within the last six months, and three of these within the last year.

I'm too young to miss most of the items listed above, but I do miss:

1. House Dasari!  (And pymlithe boughs.)

2. The Bards of Poet's Circle.

I think you got your timing wrong! I'm pretty sure Tuluk closed way past a year's mark.

But yes, I agree with you. I'm sad I didn't get to play in ATV or Dasari.
I ruin immershunz.

Quote from: Patuk on September 16, 2016, 09:50:12 PM
QuoteI miss...

... Byn sergeants who weren't sponsored in  :(

In the time I've been playing there only 2 of the last 7 Sergeants were sponsored; the rest came up through the ranks =)
The human vagabond steps forward, blocking a filthy grey rat from the curtain.
The human vagabond says, in sirihish:
     "You're not allowed in there."

Quote from: Kankfly on September 17, 2016, 02:26:38 AM

I think you got your timing wrong! I'm pretty sure Tuluk closed way past a year's mark.

That's all post Tuluk!
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

i miss being a leader. that was fun.
Quote from: Adhira on January 01, 2014, 07:15:46 PM
I could give a shit about wholesome.

I think my point has been missed. It was only nostalgia I was expressing, like ShaLeah mentioned. I've had great communication with staff via requests, but I'm talking a time before requests, 10+years ago. I like and hate the new system of dealing with mostly everything through requests. It can be so much easier, but it takes RP away from in game. Sitting down in clan groups for meetings with your NPC bosses and their minions can be great RP, and you can learn so much more about who you work for, and so on. That's all.

Quote from: Evilone on September 17, 2016, 08:23:57 AM
I think my point has been missed. It was only nostalgia I was expressing, like ShaLeah mentioned. I've had great communication with staff via requests, but I'm talking a time before requests, 10+years ago. I like and hate the new system of dealing with mostly everything through requests. It can be so much easier, but it takes RP away from in game. Sitting down in clan groups for meetings with your NPC bosses and their minions can be great RP, and you can learn so much more about who you work for, and so on. That's all.
I don't play leader roles, but this would ve awesome. Usually the only time you ever see an NPC leader being animated is to promote someone to the highest rank available to PCs within a clan, or to absolute destroy a PC leader. Would be nice to see them doing some moreundane things, even if it is just showing up to ask a PC leader what's new in the world.
yousuck

That actually happens in my clan.

Quote from: yousuff on September 17, 2016, 09:19:45 AM
Quote from: Evilone on September 17, 2016, 08:23:57 AM
I don't play leader roles, but this would ve awesome. Usually the only time you ever see an NPC leader being animated is to promote someone to the highest rank available to PCs within a clan, or to absolute destroy a PC leader. Would be nice to see them doing some moreundane things, even if it is just showing up to ask a PC leader what's new in the world.

This totally happens. It's great when an NPC leader just drops by in the clan compound and starts checking into things and getting to know the people there, asking names and motivations. Or other NPC's start chatting at folks randomly and impromptu, zany stuff goes down. It makes the game really come alive. Kudos to all the GMs who do these things and balance it neatly with reports and admin stuff as well. It doesn't have to be a lot or often, but it's awesome overall and appreciated.
Smooth Sands,
Maristen Kadius, Solace the Bard, Paxter (Jump), Numii Arabet, and the rest.

I miss being able to play an independant, and have ample opportunities to get involved.

I feel like one unexpected consquence of magicker subguilds is that people now think you are a rogue magicker if you roll ranger indie.

Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

I miss proper use of the "I Miss" thread. When people were using it to talk about the real things that used to be in Arm and are no longer, instead of using the format of the thread to talk about their gripes with how Armageddon is now, gripes with player decisions that are being made 'right now',  or just plain taking potshots at staff.

Guys. GUYS.

On topic or I split the thread. Seriously.

Should just lock the thread entirely. Half the thing people are saying the miss exist, the other half I'd disagree with being good things.

I miss the colorful red and yellow ASCII art sun that used to display when you went to the D)ocumentation menu from the main menu.  The only instance of color in the game?
The neat, clean-shaven man sends you a telepathic message:
     "I tried hairy...Im sorry"

I rather see it closed too, before pots start calling kettles black.