Voting for the Month of June! Voting reset at midnight Eastern time!

Started by Nyr, May 31, 2013, 03:53:06 PM

TMS was 18% of new accounts last month.

Vote and keep talking about voting i haven't seen this thread in my unread posts list for 2 days.

I guess Discworld is a pretty niche themed game anyway....but how do they keep overtaking us!
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

We're a niche themed game too.  They're probably doing it the same way we overtook Achaea.

yeah they've been like us, iirc, consistently in the top 10 over the years. 30-40 votes is hard to overtake in 10 days but we don't want them to think we go down easy.

I'm doing my two votes every day. Come on guys!

I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Quote from: Maso on June 20, 2013, 01:41:10 PM
I'm doing my two votes every day. Come on guys!
Our lead at TMC is shrinking. Can you make it 3?
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

You can only vote once per day for TMC. TMS is twice a day.

Discworld has a large (really freaking large, I'm telling you I really tried to play it) player base, that this game is able to give them such a run says a lot. Even if this month is lost you're keeping up with them... Even if this month is lost, best likely to try next month, see if they can keep it up...

EDIT: Also ahead of the place behind by about 500 votes, if I'm reading this correctly, that means Discworld is making a huge push and may not be able to keep it up. But I have to admit they do have a fun game going there... Can they keep that lead? Can they continue to push? Only time will tell... I bet they will have to actively work at it.
Quote from: Nyr
Dead elves can ride wheeled ladders just fine.
Quote from: bcw81
"You can never have your mountainhome because you can't grow a beard."
~Tektolnes to Thrain Ironsword

We're likely to stay in third but that doesn't mean we can't give them a hard run for their money.

Let's keep it up, guys :)

I had nothing better to do, so I voted.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

Last month at this time our lead on TMC was 130 votes. Now it's 62.
It would be a shame to lose the #1 spot because we got complacent.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Discworld is one of those games where people have had the same character for 10+ years and it's infinitely more powerful than a new one, with no chance of a new one catching up. It'd be interesting to know how they get new players.
This is magnificent, and it's true! It never happened, yet it is still true! What magic art is this?
Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadowtruths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot. Sandman

Quote from: Barzalene on June 26, 2013, 07:04:14 AM
Last month at this time our lead on TMC was 130 votes. Now it's 62.
It would be a shame to lose the #1 spot because we got complacent.

and... the bulk of our new players comes from TMC, not TMS.

Quite true.

Reset will probably happen for TMC this month as well, so we will need to stay on the ball.  #1 (or #2) on TMC is perfect.  #2 or #3 on TMS is perfect.

For the record, we're at 429 new accounts for June.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

I think we'll probably be edged into #2 territory on TMC this coming month.  That's fine; we are head and shoulders above #3 for the past 2 months; we just need to stay focused!  :)
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

I really liked being #1, because we really are a better game than any other.

Quote from: Barzalene on June 28, 2013, 10:05:32 AM
I really liked being #1, because we really are a better game than any other.

Well, 30 of the votes on TMC that we didn't get in the last 30 days, were mine. I try every day, and every day I get:
QuoteAccess Denied

You have reached a section of the Mud Connector which is off limits.

I tried with Chrome and IE too, no luck. Weird thing is, I can use google to search for mudconnector, click on the link to the side from Google. If I try to click on anything *other* than community forums, I get that message above. If I click on community forums, I can access the forums, and my TMC account is already logged in. If I try to access my account from there, so that I can log out, I get that message. So I'm stuck, logged in permanently, with no way of logging out, and no way to navigate any part of the TMC website except for the forums.

Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

When it's Friday night and you're a little buzzed, there's one thing you can do for the game which will definitely NOT get your PC killed: Vote!
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

Posting the results in about an hour or so.  Thanks again, everyone!