Voting for the Month of June! Voting reset at midnight Eastern time!

Started by Nyr, May 31, 2013, 03:53:06 PM

Placeholder, for now.  Everyone getting ready?
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Not ready for voting?  Too bad!  Push through the pain!

Time to vote again!

At midnight (in approximately 15 minutes) the voting clock will reset on TMS and (maybe?) TMC.  Get ready to vote on both!

Statistically, our first week (and last month, our first two weeks) of voting matter more than anything else we do the rest of the month.  Ever since our rise in March, we have been the #2 MUD on TMS.  I don't know if that seems as spectacular as it should be, but for the first time (ever?) we have been #2 for 3 months running on TMS.  That's great!

Now is the time to vote it up like we mean it!  This position is ours.

Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

Quote from: Nyr on May 31, 2013, 11:45:15 PM
Not ready for voting?  Too bad!  Push through the pain!

Time to vote again!

At midnight (in approximately 15 minutes) the voting clock will reset on TMS and (maybe?) TMC.  Get ready to vote on both!

Statistically, our first week (and last month, our first two weeks) of voting matter more than anything else we do the rest of the month.  Ever since our rise in March, we have been the #2 MUD on TMS.  I don't know if that seems as spectacular as it should be, but for the first time (ever?) we have been #2 for 3 months running on TMS.  That's great!

Now is the time to vote it up like we mean it!  This position is ours.

It didn't record my vote! Maybe cause I voted late in the day?
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

i voted

Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Not sure if / when / how TMC resets but...

TOP MUD SITES JUST RESET 20 MINUTES AGO AND WE ARE CURRENTLY TIED FOR #2 WITH ONLY 7 VOTES ---- AARDWOLF IS #1 AND ALREADY AT FOUR TIMES THE NUMBER OF VOTES ARM IS AT!

PLEASE GO VOTE ON TMS WE ONLY HAVE 7 VOTES AND THERE ARE 10 TIMES THAT MANY PLAYERS ONLINE RIGHT NOW!
"I wouldn't go that way if I were you, there are two thumpers eyeing you from the alley and waiting to brain you. Maybe if you twist His Arm with some black they'll disappear. They'll stab them in the squinters and make their eyes glow like Jihae."

we're still in second place, but Discworld is catching up fast.  Make sure you vote twice a day!
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Discworld is beating us by 10 votes at the time of my post here. Pretty lame.

If you have multiple devices, vote on all of them. I vote twice a day on my laptop and my phone.

How is discworld beating us...
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

Bump!  Vote!  We need to push back to second!
Nothing to see here

Remember:

The same thing happened in March with another MUD.
The same thing happened in April with another MUD.
The same thing happened in May with another MUD.

#2 is our spot.  Keep up your consistent voting, keep to the rules, and we will do great!

Quote from: Kaineus on June 02, 2013, 06:38:47 AM
Discworld is beating us by 10 votes at the time of my post here. Pretty lame.

If you have multiple devices, vote on all of them. I vote twice a day on my laptop and my phone.

That's actually against their rules, AND against the spirit of the voting system. If one person loves this game 40 times a day, it makes the votes of the 20 people loving it twice a day, meaningless.

Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Quote from: Fredd on June 02, 2013, 11:03:39 AM
How is discworld beating us...

I'm not sure if this is rhetorical or not, but my guess is we have a lull on the weekend.  We'll be back up to #2 soon (if everyone keeps voting!)
"It's too hot in the hottub!"

-James Brown

https://youtu.be/ZCOSPtyZAPA

Keep up dem votes!  Only 10 behind #2!

4 votes behind #2!
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

Two votes behind #2!
Quote from: jhunterI'm gonna show up at your home and violate you with a weedeater.  :twisted:

Seventeen votes ahead of number three.
Quote from: Nyr
Dead elves can ride wheeled ladders just fine.
Quote from: bcw81
"You can never have your mountainhome because you can't grow a beard."
~Tektolnes to Thrain Ironsword

We're only 6 votes ahead right now.  Come on out and vote!

We're sliding a little on TMC. More than a hundred point lead, but less than earlier in the month.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

What are Discworld doing getting all up in our arse!
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Probably the same thing we did to Midkemia after they jumped on the #2 spot a few months ago.

Except we can still certainly hold it.

Quote from: Marauder Moe on June 05, 2013, 01:30:48 PM
Probably the same thing we did to Midkemia after they jumped on the #2 spot a few months ago.

Except we can still certainly hold it.

Yeah well, you ever play that game? Horrible. Absolutely horrible.
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

I'm just saying that we don't own the #2 spot.  We've only had it for 2 months, and we didn't get it by doing anything that the other MUDs can't also do.

If anything, we're at a disadvantage because most of the top-10 regulars probably have more players than we do.

Complacency will be our downfall in this.

EDIT: Deleted after reading RogueGunslinger's post.
Quote from: Nyr
Dead elves can ride wheeled ladders just fine.
Quote from: bcw81
"You can never have your mountainhome because you can't grow a beard."
~Tektolnes to Thrain Ironsword