Voting for the Month of June! Voting reset at midnight Eastern time!

Started by Nyr, May 31, 2013, 03:53:06 PM

Just for the general sense of friendliness, we probably shouldn't bash on other muds. It gives our community a bad/elitist/ arrogant appearance.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on June 05, 2013, 06:48:25 PM
Just for the general sense of friendliness, we probably shouldn't bash on other muds. It gives our community a bad/elitist/ arrogant appearance.

Agreed.  I don't think that is a good thing for us to do.  If referring to a game that we're in friendly competition with on voting, I only refer to their spot and what we have to do to attain our position.  It is a little disheartening to see that for the past two months, players have chosen to bash the MUDs we have to compete with, and I'd like to see that stop.  Each to their own--there's no reason to bash people for having different interests or standards for what they enjoy, nor is there a reason to bash other games.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Ah, yeah, once you put it that way I feel like a shit. Surely these games have some great things going for them if they're being voted for often. Discworld mud had me hooked for a few months and I know there were things I enjoyed about it, I just lost motivation somewhere along the way and found something I liked better.
Quote from: Nyr
Dead elves can ride wheeled ladders just fine.
Quote from: bcw81
"You can never have your mountainhome because you can't grow a beard."
~Tektolnes to Thrain Ironsword

I voted! Remember to get your voting in!
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

Update on margins and where we are:

Current new accounts:  121

Voting history for comparison:
February -- ended the month at 1250, 5th place
March -- 11 days in, working on widening the gap between #2 and #3, but we were #2.  End of the month:  2037 votes over 31 days (approximately 66 votes per day)
April -- 1000 votes by April 11, competing heavily for the first week for #2.  End of the month:  2320 votes over 31 days (approximately 74 votes per day)
May -- Took over two weeks to maintain a solid enough lead to keep #2.  End of the month:  we broke 2000
June -- in the second week, still working on trying to establish enough of a lead to keep #2. 

What's different?  Not too much, but we haven't been voting as much as we have in the past 3 months (at the beginning we are usually seeing about 100 votes per day, we are doing about 68 votes per day right now).  I mentioned that those first two weeks are pivotal.  That's very true!  Come on out and vote!

TL; DR:  vote!

keep it up!

We were doing better last night, but now we're back to being ahead by just under 40 votes.

Vote time!

Don't get complacent, guys. That road leads to third place!

They are within 3 votes of taking second this morning folks.  Wake up and VOTE!
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

Don't give up!
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

We're going down.... cos you're not around...

At number 3, 20 votes behind number 2. Spare a couple of clicks this father's day! Vote for Armageddon!
"It doesn't matter what country someone's from, or what they look like, or the color of their skin. It doesn't matter what they smell like, or that they spell words slightly differently, some would say more correctly." - Jemaine Clement. FOTC.

Only five votes behind number 2. So, uh, give the pretty blue button a click and see where it takes you.
Whatever happens, happens.

One behind!
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

One ahead!
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Annnnd behind again. :(

I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

We're less than 10 votes behind...it would be easy to catch up if people voted regularly.

Is this because the GDB moved to a new url?
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Well, the voting buttons that used to be at the top of the page did disappear from the layout I use after the switch.

Quote from: Marauder Moe on June 17, 2013, 03:52:17 PM
Well, the voting buttons that used to be at the top of the page did disappear from the layout I use after the switch.

What layouts are missing vote buttons, I'll make sure they are there.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

Only four votes away from tying for second spot, five votes from taking second place back.

Quote from: Morgenes on June 17, 2013, 10:49:14 PM
Quote from: Marauder Moe on June 17, 2013, 03:52:17 PM

What layouts are missing vote buttons, I'll make sure they are there.

I've went through all the themes and made sure vote buttons are there.  No Excuses, VOTE!
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

With my second vote of the day in, we're one behind! Come on folks!

Gotten so many more players lately, this has gotta be helping.

One ahead! Get on it!