Daily Armaggedon Confession: Bless me Ginka, for I have (or have not) sinned...

Started by ShaLeah, January 08, 2013, 03:42:12 PM

How about "half 'tards?"
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Oh! Or 'Lennies'

Singular would be Lenny.
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

How about scoobies (or just 'doos')?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wqd1lqLJs4
The neat, clean-shaven man sends you a telepathic message:
     "I tried hairy...Im sorry"

I almost reported someone for giving a newbie ooc code information in game.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

I also refuse to call them "Bigs".

I'm fine with giants calling everyone else "Littles" though.

Calling everyone else "Littles" as a giant seems to fit their simple mentality.

Calling giants "Bigs" as a non-giant makes you seem like you have a simple mentality.

I almost feel like the "Bigs" thing is being done in game as a bad OOC joke that too many people are playing along with.
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

Quote from: Desertman on May 20, 2014, 05:38:32 PM

Calling giants "Bigs" as a non-giant makes you seem like you have a simple mentality.

I almost feel like the "Bigs" thing is being done in game as a bad OOC joke that too many people are playing along with.

I think it's more that people think giants are cute.

My sister in law does this sort of thing with my niece (using her vocabulary).

Quote from: Quell on May 20, 2014, 05:41:23 PM

I think it's more that people think giants are cute.

My sister in law does this sort of thing with my niece (using her vocabulary).

They do it when they aren't talking to giants and giants aren't around.

I also think it's cute/funny when giants do it.

Sometimes I hear horror stories about things and cringe.
Sometimes I hear the people responsible for these things have been fired and I rejoice.

My confession? I feel zero fucking guilt about that rejoicing. Heh.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Reading the Chronology and City Elf webpages often leaves me guilty of the sins of envy and wrath.

I logged in for the first time in over a year yesterday. Are we friends again? I'm not sure yet.

Quote from: th3kaiser on May 24, 2014, 09:07:56 PM
I logged in for the first time in over a year yesterday. Are we friends again? I'm not sure yet.
You stopped failing. Yes, you and Ginka can be friends again, as long as you offer some of your time to her.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

++1
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

I rarely if ever give the wisdom stat the respect it (maybe) deserves when it comes to my characters' roleplay.

Lately I feel like the killer of all joy. I used to log in and feel that I made a contribution to people's RP experience. Lately, I feel like I just ruin everyone's fun.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Quote from: Barzalene on June 11, 2014, 10:38:14 AM
Lately I feel like the killer of all joy. I used to log in and feel that I made a contribution to people's RP experience. Lately, I feel like I just ruin everyone's fun.

Fuck other peoples fun.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on June 11, 2014, 11:08:59 AM
Quote from: Barzalene on June 11, 2014, 10:38:14 AM

Fuck other peoples fun.

Well, I'm willing to be the bad guy - the antagonist. But I don't just want to be the asshole.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

That was sort of tongue-in-cheek. A curt way of saying seek your own enjoyment and let others worry about their own.  :D

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on June 11, 2014, 12:26:17 PM
That was sort of tongue-in-cheek. A curt way of saying seek your own enjoyment and let others worry about their own.  :D
Good advice.

I haven't felt fully invested into the game since I lost a ~2 year PC to a sincerely crappy, nonsensical PK.

I can't decide if this is a good or a bad thing.

We all have moments of burn out, frustration and disheartening.
It passes.

Quote from: Delirium on June 11, 2014, 12:46:00 PM
I haven't felt fully invested into the game since I lost a ~2 year PC to a sincerely crappy, nonsensical PK.

I find this old motto works for the death of Arm characters.

"Nothing like the next one to forget the last one."

Do it.

Once I realised that not everyone is pushing the same plot, I stopped caring about what other people are doing. If someone is doing something that I don't understand the motivation for, I just assume the motivation is there but hidden.

Quote from: Tuannon on June 11, 2014, 05:19:45 PM
Once I realised that not everyone is pushing the same plot, I stopped caring about what other people are doing. If someone is doing something that I don't understand the motivation for, I just assume the motivation is there but hidden.

This makes me sad. If you don't watch what others are doing, you'll never learn their motivations, so you'll never figure out why their pushing that plot, and whether you can use that to the advantage of one of yours. Too much like politics, I agree, however, it's how I see a lot of plots evolve in the game, whether players or PC's are aware of it or not.

I will admit to being mostly uninterested in driving or participating in Plots for a majority of my PC's though. I prefer the exploration aspect of the game too much, and Solo RP a lot of the time.
Quote from: BleakOne
Dammit Kol you made me laugh too.
A staff member sends:
     "Hi! Please don't kill the sparring dummy."

Quote from: Delirium on June 11, 2014, 12:46:00 PM

This had sorta happened to me recently, but a good character got me hooked all over again.

It's just sad to come face to face with the fact that there is a segment of players who, once they leave the tavern, are playing like this is basically a hack and slash.