Daily Armaggedon Confession: Bless me Ginka, for I have (or have not) sinned...

Started by ShaLeah, January 08, 2013, 03:42:12 PM

Ginka, I've not been fooled by these heathens. Armageddon is a hack and slash and the top tier of dungeons are the cities.

"Back to hacking and slashing!"
                                  - T.W.

Whatever happens, happens.

Quote from: TheWanderer on June 12, 2014, 11:17:25 PM
Armageddon is a hack and slash and the top tier of dungeons are the cities.

I've actually never thought about it like this before.

Suddenly everything makes sense!
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Oh, right. I totally forgot.

Bless me Ginka, for I have sinned:

I never thanked the players of the leaders who really gave me slack and did their best to help me on my first character (okay, third, but I don't count the other two because of their incredibly short time spent as my PCs - mistakes were made). Hey, so... I know some of you won't know him 'cause I totally forgot to sign up for the Byn Forums, and some of you do know him because I totally signed up for your forums and was a royal pain in the ass, but... thanks.

I like to think I've gotten slightly better since those days, and you've had a part in it.
Whatever happens, happens.

Ginka,

Once upon a time I had a hand in killing a PC that was loooooong lived. Many had tried to kill this PC before. No one succeeded. I did not want to kill this PC. Then the PC crossed -my- PC. The bridges were burned and amends were not made. And thus I, with all the RP reasoning and character development one could muster over a few months, had a guiding, manipulative hand in killing this PC...

After that, the player of the dead long-lived and active PC quit Arm and (to my knowledge) has never returned.

That's the sad part. And that is my confession :(
Czar of City Elves.

How would you know?
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Quote from: Nyr on June 13, 2014, 02:06:18 PM
How would you know?

I mean unless you really do know for sure, you can always pretend otherwise.  I've been in similar positions--it is tough to deal with knowing you (or your character, or the organization, whatever) are killing someone that is active.

Worse is killing someone that you know is innocent (as a player/staffer or what-have-you), yet you go through with the execution/murder/etc because all IC signs point to "yes."
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Quote from: Dakota on June 13, 2014, 12:51:17 PM
Ginka,

Once upon a time I had a hand in killing a PC that was loooooong lived. Many had tried to kill this PC before. No one succeeded. I did not want to kill this PC. Then the PC crossed -my- PC. The bridges were burned and amends were not made. And thus I, with all the RP reasoning and character development one could muster over a few months, had a guiding, manipulative hand in killing this PC...

After that, the player of the dead long-lived and active PC quit Arm and (to my knowledge) has never returned.

That's the sad part. And that is my confession :(
It's the leaving that sucks, not the death. Death happens, due to age or murder or accident. It sucks that the player left but I can relate, as someone who's long lived character died unexpectedly. I basically quit Armageddon of nearly a year after that. But I'm back, and it's possible that the other player has come back too. But you can't hold yourself responsible for that.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

You start envying everyone who can play high/drunk cause you can't.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Quote from: ShaLeah on June 29, 2014, 09:45:50 PM

It's not that we -can-... ok, I can't speak for anyone else... it's that we -do-, then the IC consequences are hilarious. Actually, they're only hilarious to me, sorry to everyone else.
Quote from: Nyr
Dead elves can ride wheeled ladders just fine.
Quote from: bcw81
"You can never have your mountainhome because you can't grow a beard."
~Tektolnes to Thrain Ironsword

Besides almost killing my PC last month by accidentally poisoning them and freaking out, I have been displaying some serious drunk skillz lately.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Quote from: Fujikoma on June 29, 2014, 10:28:43 PM

It's not that we -can-... ok, I can't speak for anyone else... it's that we -do-, then the IC consequences are hilarious. Actually, they're only hilarious to me, sorry to everyone else.

I concur everyone should try playing drunk at least once in their time playing. Its a lot of fun and a great way sometimes to stir up some RP situations be them good, bad, or indifferent.
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

Quote from: slvrmoontiger on June 30, 2014, 09:36:36 PM

I concur everyone should try playing drunk at least once in their time playing. Its a lot of fun and a great way sometimes to stir up some RP situations be them good, bad, or indifferent.

I have made my character drunk when drunk attempting. Problem is I can't type or keep my eyes open and it takes me three times as long to type out a single emote or say and I'm already a slow typer.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Quote from: ShaLeah on June 30, 2014, 10:44:42 PM
Quote from: slvrmoontiger on June 30, 2014, 09:36:36 PM

I have made my character drunk when drunk attempting. Problem is I can't type or keep my eyes open and it takes me three times as long to type out a single emote or say and I'm already a slow typer.

Must be hard to play if you can't keep your eyes open. I'm not a slow typer, I am a very slow reader though, but I think whenever I've played drunk it's come off as a good time for all that were around. Drunks act slower too so you don't have to type fast or keep up with the flow of things. You could just start laughing out of no where about something funny someone said a few minutes ago and then when everyone looks at you you just say you finally got the joke.
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.