The 18+, probably TMI, mudsex debate thread

Started by Samoa, July 03, 2012, 08:13:09 AM

Quote from: Maso on July 03, 2012, 06:33:54 PM
Quote from: RogueGunslinger on July 03, 2012, 06:25:12 PM
We just need a "sex" thread. So all this stuff can be put in one easy to ignore place.

RGS obviously isn't getting any. >.>

Nah, he's over-mud-sexed because he casted Lvl. 8 Cock of the Infinite with Permanency and now he's sick of doing it, reading about, doing it, hearing about it and doing it.

Haha, I know what RGS is into, but I'll never tell.  That conversation on Tinychat was hilarious, though.

Quote from: Creslin on July 03, 2012, 04:28:54 PM
QuoteI put on my robe and wizard hat.

For those of you too young to get the reference/uncool/boring/not getting any mudsex:

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/text/bloodninja
Like a lithium flower, about to bloom.

I like to role-play out a relationship. Not just the raunchy boning, but all the fun and boring stuff in between.

I want the character I get involved with (if my character gets involved with another character) to take my character out shopping and make my character carry all the bags. I want to take my character's partner(s) out on dates, recite terrible poetry to them or say all manner of raunchy things to them. I want my character and their companion to go out on rides through the world and get into zany adventures and ideally survive them (but sometimes not  :'().

I like to sit in rooms, populated with PCs and hemote goofy bullshit with my character's lover(s). I love seeing other PCs in a relationship hemoting. I enjoy bickering and squabbling IC.

This is the narrative, the story, I like to tell when I involve my character with another in a relationship.

Some players play characters that get involved with other characters for relationships and those interactions are solely just sex and good for them, I won't judge. But I would argue, like Samoa, that even in those 'just sex' interactions there is characterization going on.

Me? I'm not ashamed of the fact that I mudsex (just that I'm very bad at it...)
I have mudsexed, I have faded to black, and I'll continue to do both at my comfort and the comfort of my character's partner's player (if/when my character has a partner.)

Because I'm not here for the sex. I'm here for the story.

And honestly, I think everyone else virtually boning out there is perfectly fine OOC. Hump on, and here's to future humpings!

I don't really get squeamish roleplaying sex or violence.  I don't really get off on it either though.  As other people have noted, the internet is a big place and there are much better things to put in the wank bank.

I've had very sexual characters both when I've been in and out of satisfying relationships, so that steroetype is a little silly to me too.  Sex is pretty important to most things that don't procreate by division.  So it has varying degrees of importance to most of my characters.  Mostly it's just another aspect to roleplay to varying degrees, something that gives a character flavor.  Mine definitely don't spend ALL their time mudsexing.  That would be impossible.

I don't really get being all judgmental about it in either direction.  Some people don't want to play out those sorts of relationships for whatever reason, or want to fade, and I think it's all valid.  I do think more people are ambivalent than judgmental, though, so I don't worry about it.  There's always going to be a few people that want to point fingers  be judgmental or construable as judgment on just about any topic.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Quote from: Samoa on July 03, 2012, 04:46:39 PM
... I remember a clan getting so involved in locked-up orgies that everyone got massacred for their depravity (a very, very long time ago).

I remember that as well.   wow.  I forgot about it!  Didn't they have special candles too?
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: mansa on July 03, 2012, 11:43:21 PM
... I remember a clan getting so involved in locked-up orgies that everyone got massacred for their depravity (a very, very long time ago).

I remember that as well.   wow.  I forgot about it!  Didn't they have special candles too?

I would have been there, but sadly, I died before it reached that point.
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

Mudsex is fine as long as they're in the missionary position.
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote from: Delirium on August 04, 2014, 10:11:38 AM
fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

i don't know if you guys know this but adj is actually like a giant idiot.

really
really
stupid

Unfortunately, it's been noted, and not just by you.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

July 04, 2012, 01:54:39 AM #60 Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 01:56:41 AM by Jingo
Quote from: Morrolan on July 03, 2012, 11:57:11 PM

I would actually love to hear this story.

Edit: not to hear about the kink they were up to. But just to learn -how- it resulted in a complete massacre.
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

I like to think it was a break out of Exploding Crotch Boils. Them orgies can be right unsanitary.

Quote from: Jingo on July 04, 2012, 01:54:39 AM

Edit: not to hear about the kink they were up to. But just to learn -how- it resulted in a complete massacre.

Probably best saved as "find out IC."
<SanveanArmageddon> d00d
---
[Laeris] (11:52:53 AM): If penicillin started spilling out of your butt, what would you do with it?

You know....

In a game where we have mud-murder, mud-theft, mud-treason, and mud-torture, I'm always surprised that the mud-sex RPer is always the ones targeted as somehow aberrant...

C'mon, guys, think about it.

Exactly my point.
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

July 04, 2012, 10:17:51 PM #66 Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 10:23:42 PM by Malken
Quote from: Maso on July 04, 2012, 10:19:08 PM
Quote from: Malken on July 04, 2012, 10:17:51 PM
Oops.. Let me re-write that.

???

Sorry, I hit Post by mistake in mid-sentence, but now I think I forgot what I wanted to say.. I think I need a nap, please carry on!

Something about CSI censoring any nudity but spending an hour a night at 8pm explaining how the victim's throat had been slashed and then gutted and then his eyeballs were.. Well, you know.

Society is weird.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

July 04, 2012, 10:56:30 PM #68 Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 11:47:37 PM by Dresan
Quote from: Samoa on July 04, 2012, 03:56:57 AM

I remember that as well.   wow.  I forgot about it!  Didn't they have special candles too?

Find out IC is a GDB joke when it comes to this stuff for couple reasons:

1. Players that  know what happened ICly, are probably playing character that have no idea so they won't be able to tell you.
2. The staff is not likely to jump on an npc and tell you a cool story that happened in the past, ICly either. At least, its never happened to me and it is unlikely it will be this story.
3. For a lot of people playing this game, their idea of telling a good story goes something like this: "Something bad happened there. Spar time." Then they pat themselves on the back thinking they have told a riveting tale to that person. Therefore should you find someone that that knows OOCly and has reason to know ICly, don't expect to get an answer. People still hold on to their secrets until they die in this game, and if they are forced to talk, even then they are often very vague.

Basically right now what i some people will do is ask their friends OOCly and maybe get a told a good funny story that way.  This is another thread altogether though and a slight derail (I apologize).  It doesn't apply to world knowledge and other information especially recent events in the game but it does apply to a lot of things people state 'Find out IC'. I feel at least. :-\

July 05, 2012, 12:59:33 AM #69 Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 01:02:29 AM by Jingo
Quote from: Samoa on July 04, 2012, 03:56:57 AM

I remember that as well.   wow.  I forgot about it!  Didn't they have special candles too?

Not sure how this applies, since I doubt there is secret information involved.

Unless this is meant to be tongue in cheek. And I sure revel in hedonism just to find out how it could lead to my character's demise. In which case....
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

If it does apply, people who know can't explain how without violation.

Just so long as you don't bring mention of 'the box' here, we're fine. Mark my words, though, one mention of it and I will come for you.

fuck you forever, i'd forgotten :(
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

Quote from: spicemustflow on July 05, 2012, 06:02:26 AM
What's with the box?

It's a reddit... thing. We will not mention it here.
<SanveanArmageddon> d00d
---
[Laeris] (11:52:53 AM): If penicillin started spilling out of your butt, what would you do with it?

It;s already been mentioned. You can't tease people like that...