The 18+, probably TMI, mudsex debate thread

Started by Samoa, July 03, 2012, 08:13:09 AM

Yes, sex is natural and fun.

No, a 50-something woman encouraging a 15-year-old boy to masturbate is not natural or fun. Or at least, it shouldn't be. It's repulsive. To me, it's repulsive. The idea that this -might- happen, is enough to disgust me into a FTB.

Also, IsFriday, PM me with your character details. I'll get the whipped escru cream and we'll meet on the balcony tomorrow. Leave the lube in the Templar Quarter. You won't need it :)
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Lube... a lump of greasy gurth fat?
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

Quote from: Iiyola on July 03, 2012, 03:45:49 PM
Lube... a lump of greasy gurth fat?

Find out IC.
Like a lithium flower, about to bloom.

Quote from: Lizzie on July 03, 2012, 03:40:35 PM
No, a 50-something woman any 18+ female encouraging a 15-year-old boy to masturbate is not natural or fun. Or at least, it shouldn't be. It's repulsive. To me, it's repulsive. The idea that this -might- happen, is enough to disgust me into a FTB.

This. Basically my only issue with IG sexy stuff. Otherwise, I do think it's fine really and some people definitely find it fun so good on them. However, I disagree that means I'm deprived...cause I'm really not. But then, I do FTB. But there have been a smattering of occasions that I haven't...and I wasn't deprived then either.
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

We need more threads where us cool kids can subtly tell the nerds that we're having sex IRL  8)
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Quote from: Malken on July 03, 2012, 04:03:38 PM
We need more threads where us cool kids can subtly tell the nerds that we're having sex IRL  8)
8)

Quote from: Malken on July 03, 2012, 04:03:38 PM

Subtly?  ::)

When someone says 'You can only think X if you're Y' but you're not Y...then you're probably going to say so. Most of us are all grown up, I imagine most of us get laid, at least some times.

I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

I think I'm going to start a blog detailing my sexual life and post the link in my sig.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Quote from: Is Friday on July 03, 2012, 04:20:12 PM
I think I'm going to start a blog detailing my sexual life and post the link in my sig.

8)

I've never mudsex'd - it's just not for me I guess. I don't care what other people do go have fun with it and all the power to you but...

The internet has tainted me...

This is all I can think of when I hear anything about mudsex:
QuoteI put on my robe and wizard hat.

I will live vicariously through this blog!

Quote from: Dresan on July 03, 2012, 04:32:36 PM

I'll try to get something off in a few days' time.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Quote from: Is Friday on July 03, 2012, 04:41:22 PM
Quote from: Dresan on July 03, 2012, 04:32:36 PM

I'll try to get something off in a few days' time.
If that's the sex life you'll be detailing, worst blog ever.

Nah, that'd be mine: a brief flurry of updates to start and then a multi-year drought. Talk about schedule slip.

I can understand a lot of these problems, but I want to ensure I point out that there's two different things we're discussing here.

There's "I don't like mudsex because it detracts from the game in some fashion," which is totally valid. I remember a clan getting so involved in locked-up orgies that everyone got massacred for their depravity (a very, very long time ago). I think it's OK to occasionally have a character who goes against standard documentation to get laid (the relatively ubiquitous 'exception to the rule'), but it's not necessarily OK to have a character act *unlike that character acts* to get laid. On one hand, while I agree that people doing nothing but banging CAN detract from people doing interesting things outside of their apartments, in the end I've found that ultimately the people who bang a lot of strangers have an affect that's a lot like people banging a lot of strangers in real life: they are walking drama storms. I have seen WAY more murders, scheming, and other nefarious, wicked plotting (that to my libertine brain seems WAY over the top, but hey) over people having sex than I have over almost any other thing in the game.

The other side of it (and what I was trying to address), was "I think people who engage in mudsex are losers," and this is what bothers me. It's OK to stigmatise people in-game for fucking. It's OK to stigmatise people in-game for just about *anything*, matter-of-fact, but when it spills over to making judgments about the player it starts to crawl under my skin and get to me. This is *probably* a semi-personal issue for me, as a lot of what I do is try to de-stigmatise sex (in real life, anyway), and when people are being judged based upon *pretend things they've written about in a roleplaying game*, it becomes maddening. Fortunately, nobody in this thread has taken up this position at all (perhaps because they realise that the thread would be a somewhat hostile environment for them to do so in), so I don't have a lot to say about it -- but I wanted to make the distinction.

Also:

Quote from: Jengal on July 03, 2012, 10:08:48 AM
Sometimes at night when I'm under the sheets I cover myself in vaseline and pretend I'm a slug.

Just so long as you don't bring mention of 'the box' here, we're fine. Mark my words, though, one mention of it and I will come for you.
<SanveanArmageddon> d00d
---
[Laeris] (11:52:53 AM): If penicillin started spilling out of your butt, what would you do with it?

I went on a date last night with a girl who admits proudly to being a 25 year old virgin.  I confessed I wasn't 'that guy,' but I did tell her that I can understand her commitment.  Just like dear brytta.  What people do outside of the game isn't really anyone's business, and if your intent is just to ridicule others to make yourself feel better ...  Guess what?  You're probably insecure.

I think the dude was joking, though.  I mean, why else would you derail a thread that's essentially a goofy list?

Also, IG is IG.  Just keep it there, damn.

Lastly, I agree with Lizzie.  But that's just me, being a parent.  I have and will mudsex when it is right for the PC, and I can accurately gauge my opponent's partner's maturity.

I love the GDB.  :)

I'm sure I'm not the only player that's played their characters less kinky than they are IRL. It really seems like a non-issue, though I can understand the positions like "ew, what if it's a minor" and "PCs I like/need to play with, please stop spending all of your time at the Tembo's Tooth  :'(".
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

Quote from: Creslin on July 03, 2012, 04:28:54 PM
The internet has tainted me...

This is all I can think of when I hear anything about mudsex:
QuoteI put on my robe and wizard hat.

I sometimes say this when me and my RL BOYFRIEND are MAKING OUT IRL. But he doesn't get the joke because he's really not very nerdy at all. Well he is, but he's nerdy for different stuff. :(

We probably need a thread where we can all post our handgun carry permit just to show other players that we're really over 18 years old.

Handgun permit?  ::)

I played this cute little MMORPG once (Dofus). And in order to access things that weren't censored (it was really rude at all, but to be able to chat freely etc), you actually had to scan in and send your passport along with other documents to prove your edge...because of French laws governing minors etc.

Was mental. I didn't bother.

Quote from: Samoa on July 03, 2012, 04:46:39 PM
It's OK to stigmatise people in-game for just about *anything*, matter-of-fact, but when it spills over to making judgments about the player it starts to crawl under my skin and get to me.

I think the thing people need to understand is that no matter what type of RP someone delves into IG, it is not a direct reflection of their actions or who they are in the real world - and this is a distinction that is lost on many people.

Saying that a player who mudsexes a lot must have no IRL sex life is akin to saying a player who doesn't partake in combat IG and doesn't kill people IG must kill people IRL. It's a logical fallacy that makes absolutely no sense.

Quote from: Maso on July 03, 2012, 05:04:18 PM
I played this cute little MMORPG once (Dofus).

Sorry for the off-topic post but just have to say this... I LOVED Dofus. And the absurd amount of sexual innuendo was hilarious.

I also very much enjoyed Wakfu and subscribed at release, but it was way too grindy for my liking and that's when I went back to MUDs and started playing ARM. (And don't regret it one bit!)

I'm a Tactical RPG Fanatic...  :P

OK. Sorry, back to the topic at hand!

Quote from: Creslin on July 03, 2012, 05:15:58 PM
Quote from: Maso on July 03, 2012, 05:04:18 PM
I played this cute little MMORPG once (Dofus).

Sorry for the off-topic post but just have to say this... I LOVED Dofus. And the absurd amount of sexual innuendo was hilarious.

I also very much enjoyed Wakfu and subscribed at release, but it was way too grindy for my liking and that's when I went back to MUDs and started playing ARM. (And don't regret it one bit!)

I'm a Tactical RPG Fanatic...  :P

OK. Sorry, back to the topic at hand!

Yeaaaah, I loved it too! But it was way grindy....and then it also became VERY expensive...and that put me way off.

Sexual INNUENDO? I  once had to find a 'used condom' for a quest. 0.o Early days that.

We just need a "sex" thread. So all this stuff can be put in one easy to ignore place.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on July 03, 2012, 06:25:12 PM
We just need a "sex" thread. So all this stuff can be put in one easy to ignore place.

RGS obviously isn't getting any. >.>