The 18+, probably TMI, mudsex debate thread

Started by Samoa, July 03, 2012, 08:13:09 AM

You know what's better than boxes?

Doritos...
Light RP is like light beer: It fucking sucks and makes me fall asleep.

I miss Tuluk....

And now I really wish I hadn't just typed those words into Google.
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote from: Delirium on August 04, 2014, 10:11:38 AM
fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

Alright, I'm done with derailing this a bit and really put my two cents in.

So, I've done this pretty recently for the first time ever in all my days of roleplaying. First time ever going farther than "my best mate" RP as well. And I noticed something interesting.
I understand why people would want to do it. It's not that they are into cybering - it's that comes hand in hand with relationships. Close relationships are extremely useful for vastly fleshing your character out to someone to someone you otherwise couldn't. Like secrets, habits etc. that you'd really like to expand on, but can't with a someone who is just a good friend.
Light RP is like light beer: It fucking sucks and makes me fall asleep.

I miss Tuluk....

My mind, oh god my mind. WHY WOULD HE DO THAT.
Quote from: boog
I'm still trying to figure out how all that led to Symphony, naked, squatting in a towel on a busy highway to talk to a therapist

Quote from: Gilgamesh on July 09, 2012, 12:51:14 AM
Alright, I'm done with derailing this a bit and really put my two cents in.

So, I've done this pretty recently for the first time ever in all my days of roleplaying. First time ever going farther than "my best mate" RP as well. And I noticed something interesting.
I understand why people would want to do it. It's not that they are into cybering - it's that comes hand in hand with relationships. Close relationships are extremely useful for vastly fleshing your character out to someone to someone you otherwise couldn't. Like secrets, habits etc. that you'd really like to expand on, but can't with a someone who is just a good friend.

You can still get that depth and FTB. While I pretty much avoid most romantic stuff in Arm, there is a time and a place, and it's usually a pretty big part of peoples lives - so it makes sense. But you can definitely achieve that depth when you work out 'how far' you're willing to go and then FTB the rest (with OOC details if you want to point out any idiosyncratic quirks). I don't judge people that enjoy it, nor question why they enjoy it! I just worry about kids and perves. Plus...there's only so many words for 'penis'.
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Fading is a useful tool to make sure you get the time you want to spend on the before / after parts of such roleplay even if you're not averse to the middle parts.

What is this, Taxicab Confessional for Mudsex?
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Quote from: Is Friday on August 08, 2012, 08:21:59 PM
What is this, Taxicab Confessional for Mudsex?

No...it's a thread dedicated to debating the topic of mudsex.

I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

So glad whoever resurrected this thread. Very entertaining.

I've been happily, delightfully married for 32 years.

For a lot of years I avoided that kind of relationship in games.  Then for a couple of years, I did the FTB or Fast Forward thing.  For less than a year, I've been letting things go all the way through.

I find I enjoy developing that facet of my PC, just like I enjoy developing all the other facets.  I don't do it with all my PCs, some of them have virtual families or prefer prostitutes or whatever, just to give me a break from the demands of that kind of relationship and all its consequences.  But it's just one more way to make your guy real.  And FTB works for me too, but it's not as baring, you don't have to create so very much.  So much, though, depends on your partner and how they challenge you, like any other intense scene.

I do worry about it being a kid, and I try to find out beforehand by the quality of their RP (I don't mean how good it is, I mean how mature it is) .  But I've been fooled before by precocious kids (luckily no mudsex!).  I had an issue for awhile with staff the age of my kid snooping on me doing that stuff...honestly that's still kind of weird for me.  But I suspect they see so much of it, it's of little interest.

Quote from: Refugee on August 08, 2012, 10:04:42 PM
But I suspect they see so much of it, it's of little interest.

It's probably the reason they app'd for staff.  ::)

Quote from: Maso on August 08, 2012, 10:57:16 PM
Quote from: Refugee on August 08, 2012, 10:04:42 PM
But I suspect they see so much of it, it's of little interest.

It's probably the reason they app'd for staff.  ::)

;D

Quote from: Maso on August 08, 2012, 08:15:46 PM
there's only so many words for 'penis'.

We found the one player out there who hasn't RPed with me, I see.
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

Ther are only so many words for penis ... but we have not yet begun to even scratch the surface of simalies, and analogies.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Armageddon needs more kennings.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Hrmmmmmmmm...

Quote from: musashi on August 09, 2012, 06:32:30 AM
Ther are only so many words for penis ... but we have not yet begun to even scratch the surface of simalies, and analogies.

Quote from: Ten Things I Hate About You (1999 movie)
Ms. Perky: [writing her novel]  Undulating with desire, Adrian removes her red...
[breaks concentration, chooses another word]

Ms. Perky: crimson cape, at the site of Reginal's stiff and... Judith! What's another word for "engorged"?

Judith: [disgusted]  I'll look it up.

Ms. Perky: Okay.
[thinking of word]
Ms. Perky: Swollen... Turgid...

Kat Stratford: [enters]  Tumescent?

Ms. Perky: Perfect!
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

Turgid... Thats a new one... You know, my vocabulary has expanded in leaps and bounds since I started playing this game... Lol
I have learned that one can, in fact, typo to death.

Quote from: KismeticTuluk is not Inception, the text experience.

There's actually 400 words for penis, google it, yo.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Quote from: Malken on August 09, 2012, 11:45:45 PM
There's actually 400 words for penis, google it, yo.

Like I said. Not enough.

I don't mind what you do or don't do. It's your choice. I don't know why this shit is such a big deal. I mean, if all you do is play for mudsex, maybe you should tone it down a lil bit, but otherwise I don't see it being as big of a problem as people make it out to be!
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Quote from: boog on August 10, 2012, 09:03:01 AM
I don't mind what you do or don't do. It's your choice. I don't know why this shit is such a big deal. I mean, if all you do is play for mudsex, maybe you should tone it down a lil bit, but otherwise I don't see it being as big of a problem as people make it out to be!

Someone said in game that those that act the most uptight are often the dirtiest in their kenku-carved chest of uppity-ness. They need a nice kanking!

Tone it down? Hah!
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

August 10, 2012, 03:44:52 PM #98 Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 03:50:10 PM by Bast
I really do not care one way or the other. I'm fine fading to black or playing it out so long as consent is asked etc. The only time I have problem with it is when you see unrealistic role play or when you see pcs stripping down naked in obviously public places or fidgeting with themselves with hemotes or being more obvious about it without asking for consent but at that point you should drop a line to staff and let them deal with it. I think personal relationships are very important part of a fully fleshed out PC. That said I try to avoid people that make it their sole purpose to their RP like the plague.
The sound of a thunderous explosion tears through the air and blasts waves of pressure ripple through the ground.

Looking northward, the rugged, stubble-bearded templar asks you, in sirihish:
     "Well... I think it worked...?"

I have to disagree with fidgeting! I remember a certain, Rinthi bynner a couple years ago hemoting out a boner when he saw two non-nobles that worked for Kadius dressed in silk. It was the best thing ever, and I laughed for days. I mean - he wasn't naked, and it wasn't an overt boner hemote ... but it was great. And hilarious. And appropriate.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.