The 18+, probably TMI, mudsex debate thread

Started by Samoa, July 03, 2012, 08:13:09 AM

Quote from: BadSkeelz on September 05, 2012, 09:17:12 PM
Quote from: boog on September 05, 2012, 09:08:10 PM
Also, at the same time, people form attachments. I mean, Zalanthas is shitty and gritty, and if someone's a good lay and watches out for you and you're from absolute poverty but this person represents a glimmer of something more, why wouldn't you be with them or at least, take them for as much as you can?

Goes both ways, too. I reckon you're more likely to be more candid with such a partner, trusting them to help carry your weight, thus facilitating the spread of secrets. A courtesan that builds up long relationships with clients, playing off their affections, is much more dangerous than some anonymous lay.

Oh, definitely, sure. But I mean - it's all pretty possible. People shouldn't be so critical. They should just play the game.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Quote from: BadSkeelz on September 05, 2012, 09:17:12 PM
Quote from: boog on September 05, 2012, 09:08:10 PM
Also, at the same time, people form attachments. I mean, Zalanthas is shitty and gritty, and if someone's a good lay and watches out for you and you're from absolute poverty but this person represents a glimmer of something more, why wouldn't you be with them or at least, take them for as much as you can?

Goes both ways, too. I reckon you're more likely to be more candid with such a partner, trusting them to help carry your weight, thus facilitating the spread of secrets. A courtesan that builds up long relationships with clients, playing off their affections, is much more dangerous than some anonymous lay.

That is -exactly- what happened on this game. My courtesan was a powerhouse NOT just because she mudsexed. I had clients who just wanted to sit around and talk, or even have her tutor them in magic (again, different game, so magic was not taboo). People trusted (we'll call her Jane) because she was sweet, charming and kind. She listened to them, talked with them about their problems. A nice shoulder to cry on... among other things. I ended up knowing a LOT of stuff because and could have used it to blackmail a LOT of people if I was so inclined. She didn't, which is what kept people coming back and dropping coin just to get to talk with her. It wasn't that I was the only person mudsexing in the game. There were TONS of other people doing that.

The "emmissary" that rolled up thought he could come in and treat people like crap and that everyone would fall all overthemselves for him. When Jane stood up to him after he made some crass remark about her and then she publically refused him as a client, the playerbase shifted with Jane. She was dangerous in that she knew a LOT of stuff. People wouldn't mess with her because they know they had given her a lot of power that way. Which is why there was a hit put out on her. (The end of that story is I got so frustrated because my PC bodyguard was stronger than the assassins, so they kept dragging their feet, so I just got bored and stopped playing).
"We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered." - Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead by Tom Stoppard

I personally think the real problem is simply this-

There is not enough cuddling in Armageddon. Nobody wants to have sex. Sex is boring. Cuddling is interesting. Are they a possessive cuddler? Do they like to kiss? Do they like it better facing you or putting their back to you? Do they play with your hair? Do they look you in the eye? Do you cuddle clothed, semi-clothed, or unclothed?

All of these things say something about a character.

If they are really possessive, wrapping you up really tight and curling over you, putting legs around you, that means they really like you and they want you close. They want to hug you until they cannot hug anymore.

If they like to kiss, then perhaps they're hungry, or starved for affection. If you're a concubine and your mated client is kissing you, then it's not just some kinda casual sex, their mate has likely abandoned them in a sense.

If they turn away from you, it either means your breath smells terrible or they're tired and want to go to sleep.

If they face you, then they're more likely going to be awake and ready for conversation.

If they play with your hair, then they're being playful and they want to maybe bother you a little to get your attention better.

If they look you in the eye, then they're happy they're with you. If they don't, then they're probably dreading it.

Clothed cuddling is a social acceptable as long as there's a minimum between flesh touching and visible, excluding hands.

Semi-clothed cuddling is socially acceptable in 'looser' establishments, usually ones with whores and strippers of sorts. Expect half of it going on being lapdances.

Nude cuddling is between lovers, and is usually kept private, unless you're exhibitionists or your clothes were stolen.

Adam, I think you're right.

The thing is there is general relationship knowledge (the kind Docs represent if we had such documentation)

And people have to remember some PCs would want to use sex as a weapon and some would want mates (as in families, often kept monogamous to keep bloodline pure) and some would want to simply find a bit of happiness in a an otherwise short/joyless life.

I think that's what players have to keep in mind -- different PCs would want different things.   Mudsex should reflect the PC. 
"The Highlord casts a shadow because he does not want to see skin!" -- Boog

<this space for rent>

I honestly thought Adam was joking. Adam, you're totally joking, right?

Joking?
JOKING?

NO. THERE NEEDS TO BE MORE FUCKING CUDDLING IN THIS FUCKING GAME GRURUAUAUAUGH MUL RAGE

(I am being kind of serious, cuddling is an important part of a relationship. But so is betrayal and lying and backstabbing!)

i.e. you can reveal a lot about the nature of relationships through PG13 stuff without having to get graphic and gory.

You should have to ask consent to discuss this thread on the GDB - I didn't consent, I don't want to see it.

Quote from: Shepard on September 24, 2012, 09:28:16 PM
You should have to ask consent to discuss this thread on the GDB - I didn't consent, I don't want to see it.

Hush up you wank.
Though there be no squids to slay,
My spear will taste blood today!

Quote from: Recharge on September 24, 2012, 09:50:01 PM

Hush up you wank.

That was rude and uncalled for - I'm upset now, I hope you live well with yourself knowing you hurt my feelings. Thanks!

Quote from: Shepard on September 24, 2012, 09:53:10 PM

Hush up you wank.

That was rude and uncalled for - I'm upset now, I hope you live well with yourself knowing you hurt my feelings. Thanks!

Eat a phallic manrod you ponce.
Though there be no squids to slay,
My spear will taste blood today!

Quote from: Delirium on September 24, 2012, 08:52:48 PM
i.e. you can reveal a lot about the nature of relationships through PG13 stuff without having to get graphic and gory.

And taking less than 20 minutes to do so.

I have to say the best 'scene' like this I ever was a part of took like, 10 minutes, tops. I AM A FAN OF SEXUAL TEXT QUICKIES
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Quote from: Recharge on September 24, 2012, 09:53:47 PM
Quote from: Shepard on September 24, 2012, 09:53:10 PM

Hush up you wank.

Eat a phallic manrod you ponce.

I'm not even going to humor this. I'm done here.

>lock thread

*click*
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.