New Characters

Started by DustMight, June 24, 2011, 04:43:08 AM

Much like your approach to grammar, I see. ;)
Rickey's Law: People don't want "A story". They want their story.

Quote from: Jdr on June 25, 2011, 01:07:18 AM

Or your approach to defining words. It was a spelling mistake, not grammar.

I wasn't being mean, that's why I did the winky. :(
Rickey's Law: People don't want "A story". They want their story.

June 25, 2011, 04:26:41 AM #28 Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 04:30:42 AM by BleakOne
*Gives Jdr a hug*

Edit: Oh, and for my starting thing, I like to run to the shops straight away as well. After outfitting my character how he always actually looked, I begin my search for trouble.
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

Spend waaay too long writing descriptions and background, random roll of stats, point and then agonize over the shops. Get lost in the city. Panic every time I pass a templar, hoping it's not a PC.

Then, once I find my way back to the bar I started in, I proceed to spend waaaaaaay too much time there.

I tend to do a quick run around the shops buying some gear that would suit the character, sizing etc, but then I try and jump in as soon as I can, getting clanned if the character wants to be clanned etc, as I normally enter the world with my characters as kind of empty shells and flesh them out as I go along, and some good interaction helps get that on the way.
Someone says: I imagine the festivities have worn you thin... Well good. I plan on leading patrols over the next month, that would turn even your shriveled manhoods into sturdy poles of destruction.

- I avoid people while selling my newbie gear and getting at least a new set of clothing like I've had it for IC years.
- While doing the above, I remember my bio and try to roleplay shopping to flesh out the character.
- Once complete, I go to an appropriate tavern to add more bread and butter to my character. Maybe gain a buddy or two. At least someone to talk to.
- Then I imagine myself growing hungry or thirsty soon, so I go off to earn some coins the way my new fleshed out character would. (while doing this, I roleplay to add more to my character's personality)

After all of that. I roleplay accordingly.
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

I usually already have 2-5 character ideas lined up after the one I'm currently playing, so its just copy, paste, and go. I like writing them  ;D
Quote from: Qzzrbl
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

Don't die often enough. I have heard making a new character is a little different since I made mine.

Different how?
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Quote from: morrigan on June 25, 2011, 03:00:26 AM
Quote from: Jdr on June 25, 2011, 01:07:18 AM

Or your approach to defining words. It was a spelling mistake, not grammar.

I wasn't either, I just forgot the winky.  Hehe..winky.

Usually I:
Agonize over which scars I would have.
Point to the city I already decided on.
Stats, reroll Say F^&* and F%$^ since both rolls are worth S@#$.
I wander the town looking for dead NPCs to outfit my PC.
I get fully equiped with NPC gear and then I stand at a road junction for a while. (Maybe 30 min)
Then I go to the bar and start.
You lift ~ with all your strength.
A long length of bone doesn't move.

Quote from: Sam on June 27, 2011, 02:04:10 PM
Usually I:
I get fully equiped with NPC gear and then I stand at a road junction for a while. (Maybe 30 min)
Why stand around?
A rusty brown kank explodes into little bits.

Someone says, out of character:
     "I had to fix something in this zone.. YOU WEREN'T HERE 2 minutes ago :)"

Stats

Do I have two or more exceptionals?

If yes - ask for the name of a clan leader relevant to my skills
If no - Go exploring outside of the city walls

Then go idle at the tavern until five days played

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
̡͌
    l̡̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡
ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ:・゚ KAWAII WAVE!!:,,ø¤º°¨ ¨°º¤KEEP THE KAWAII GOING ¸,,ø¤º°¨ ¨°º¤øº LETS GO KAWAII !¤¤º°¨¨°º¤øº¤ø,,¸¸ø¤º°¨,, ø¤º°¨¨°º

Quote from: NOFUN on June 27, 2011, 05:44:36 PM
Stats

That's really disheartening. When I see someone who looks like they're suiciding over and over for stats, I typically start just leaving their applications in the queue for someone else to look over. I don't want to take my time to approve something you're killing because you weren't exceptional enough. I could be animating for someone who's playing the game instead of just for stats.  :'(
NOFUN:
Random Armageddon.thoughts: fuck dwarves, fuck magickers, fuck f-me's, fuck city elves and nerf everything I don't use
Maxid:
My position is unassailable.
Gunnerblaster:
My breeds discriminate against other breeds.

That's how hardcore I am.

Quote from: Anaiah on June 27, 2011, 05:51:21 PM
That's really disheartening. When I see someone who looks like they're suiciding over and over for stats

'Naiah, they're accidents. I swear I am actually that much of a noob.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

Quote from: Anaiah on June 27, 2011, 05:51:21 PM
I could be animating for someone who's playing the game instead of just for stats.  :'(

What if its just for skills?
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

I always end up never dying on every game I play.

Anyone care to ruin my streak?

ALL ABOARD THE BANNED WAGON. CHOO-CHOO.
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
̡͌
    l̡̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡
ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ:・゚ KAWAII WAVE!!:,,ø¤º°¨ ¨°º¤KEEP THE KAWAII GOING ¸,,ø¤º°¨ ¨°º¤øº LETS GO KAWAII !¤¤º°¨¨°º¤øº¤ø,,¸¸ø¤º°¨,, ø¤º°¨¨°º

Quote from: NOFUN on June 27, 2011, 05:44:36 PM
Stats

If yes - ask for the name of a clan leader relevant to my skills

Then go idle at the tavern until five days played

Hope that's said in jest.

Think I can safely say i've never suicided a character, even if their stats can be a little dissapointing :S
Someone says: I imagine the festivities have worn you thin... Well good. I plan on leading patrols over the next month, that would turn even your shriveled manhoods into sturdy poles of destruction.

Quote from: Erythil on June 27, 2011, 07:31:55 PM

I'm at character #12 after five years, two retired. Beat that.
A rusty brown kank explodes into little bits.

Someone says, out of character:
     "I had to fix something in this zone.. YOU WEREN'T HERE 2 minutes ago :)"

Heh:

Characters registered to you:
 1) ****** - Dead
 2) ****** - Dead
 3) ****** - Dead
 4) ****** - Dead
 5) ****** - Dead
 6) ****** - Dead
 7) ****** - Dead
 8) ****** - Stored
 9) ****** - Dead
 10) ***** - Dead
 11) ***** - Stored
 12) ***** - Dead
 13) ***** - Stored
 14) ***** - Dead
 15) ***** - Stored
 16) ***** - Stored
 17) ***** - Stored
 18) ***** - Dead
 19) ***** - Stored
 20) ***** - Alive

There's a couple 100+ day characters in there, and most of my characters last at least a couple months. I've been playing for nearly 10 years... kind of sobering to think what a different person I am now and what a different place I'm in than I was back then, and that this game's been an off-and-on part of my life that entire time.

I go through a rash of storages between my "magic" characters. I used to just play them all until the bitter end (or unless I accepted a sponsored role), but eventually I said 'eff this, I play to have fun', and started storing the ones I felt no real passion for.

Quote from: Erythil on June 27, 2011, 07:31:55 PM

I'm tempted, but alas, I am too inactive.  :(

Quote from: Nao on June 27, 2011, 03:02:38 PM
Quote from: Sam on June 27, 2011, 02:04:10 PM
Usually I:
Why stand around?

Standing around achieves two goals of mine: See what people are wearing and what clanshave an active membership. I could do this same thing in bar, but then people would look at me while I am not ready. They are also bound to ask me questions I can't answer, like "What do you do?" In an intersection, people are usually spam walking, so I get to look at them, but they don't get to look at me.
You lift ~ with all your strength.
A long length of bone doesn't move.

Quote from: Sam on June 28, 2011, 07:57:18 AM
They are also bound to ask me questions I can't answer, like "What do you do?"

I hate that question. I would be over the moon if people stopped asking it.

Typically, my characters are layabouts, bards, insane or some other non-income-generating thing. I don't do anything, guys =\ People feed me 'cause they like me and thus, I don't die. Every once in a while, the characters that feed me will insist I earn my keep, but I am typically so unskilled in useful things that I fail in a glorious manner and they end up coddling me and saying, "Well, at least you tried!"

And this is true of 6 years of roleplaying. I don't think I've ever had a real job.

Not that I haven't tried <_< It's just never panned out.