New Characters

Started by DustMight, June 24, 2011, 04:43:08 AM

Quote from: PurpleParrot on June 28, 2011, 02:43:08 PM
Quote from: Sam on June 28, 2011, 07:57:18 AM
They are also bound to ask me questions I can't answer, like "What do you do?"

I hate that question. I would be over the moon if people stopped asking it.

Typically, my characters are layabouts, bards, insane or some other non-income-generating thing. I don't do anything, guys =\ People feed me 'cause they like me and thus, I don't die. Every once in a while, the characters that feed me will insist I earn my keep, but I am typically so unskilled in useful things that I fail in a glorious manner and they end up coddling me and saying, "Well, at least you tried!"

And this is true of 6 years of roleplaying. I don't think I've ever had a real job.

Not that I haven't tried <_< It's just never panned out.

*sniff * SNIFF**!

Quote from: solera on June 28, 2011, 02:58:13 PM
Quote from: Sam on June 28, 2011, 07:57:18 AM
They are also bound to ask me questions I can't answer, like "What do you do?"

I hate that question. I would be over the moon if people stopped asking it.

Typically, my characters are layabouts, bards, insane or some other non-income-generating thing. I don't do anything, guys =\ People feed me 'cause they like me and thus, I don't die. Every once in a while, the characters that feed me will insist I earn my keep, but I am typically so unskilled in useful things that I fail in a glorious manner and they end up coddling me and saying, "Well, at least you tried!"

And this is true of 6 years of roleplaying. I don't think I've ever had a real job.

*sniff * SNIFF**!

I think what she's trying to say is that she mostly only plays mindbenders and rogue magickers. *nods sagely*

I thought she was trying to say she mudsexes ...  :-\
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

The whole thing sounds too soft to me.. I think her characters need to be thrown in the arena or forced to live out in the wastes more often.  ;)

Unless I'm a born-in-the-womb bynner or tribal, my PCs grab a cloak, find out where they are,  and spend the first few month getting to make a living before their winnings run out.  Then somewhere down the track, they find their true calling, join a clan, and then get some clothes.

Quote from: solera on June 29, 2011, 02:06:16 AM
Unless I'm a born-in-the-womb bynner or tribal, my PCs grab a cloak, find out where they are,  and spend the first few month getting to make a living before their winnings run out.  Then somewhere down the track, they find their true calling, join a clan, and then get some clothes.

That explains all the d00dz I meet out in the sands wearing only a cloak.  :D
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

This is an interesting post. Thanks for this perspective. I have some experience playing characters like this, and it was a very good experience. This was several IG years ago now, so I guess I'll mention it: she was a young bard, and though basically useless, people found her charming and took care of her. I learned a lot with that character because, seen as harmless as well, people trusted her with all kinds of knowledge and through her I gained my first interesting exposures to lots of "hard to find" IC content. It was good fun.

But eventually, I had to store her, because of a growing sense of guilt that I was being "given" the game because I was essentially just a helpless little whore. I don't know if you people know this, but when you realize you're nothing more than an f-me, you just want to quit playing.

And that's what an f-me is. Someone who, it is assumed, cannot actually take care of themselves or be a threat (of any kind, physical, economic, etc.) and so, they are good for either killing or fucking.

Since then the characters I've played that I enjoyed more have been more independent -- not overly so, I don't go apeshit over what stats I get, I just make sure that I can fill a niche and do it well, and survive entirely on my own. And when someone looking for their next hapless f-me comes along, I can happily blow them off. Would-be womanizing morons, all of them.

Also, I hope you teenage boys realize how much your age shows in your shitty RP. 90% of you dweebs can't properly mudsex or RP sexiness worth a damn.

July 08, 2011, 06:50:25 AM #58 Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 07:38:57 AM by musashi
*tsk* This is why mudsex needs to be a skill. Then we just let the code decide who's good at it.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

July 08, 2011, 07:22:42 AM #59 Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 07:28:29 AM by NOFUN
Quotethey are good for either killing or fucking.
Or?

But in all seriousness I've always had a thing for f-me characters. Innocence would be a near impossible thing to find in zalanthas.
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
̡͌
    l̡̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡
ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ:・゚ KAWAII WAVE!!:,,ø¤º°¨ ¨°º¤KEEP THE KAWAII GOING ¸,,ø¤º°¨ ¨°º¤øº LETS GO KAWAII !¤¤º°¨¨°º¤øº¤ø,,¸¸ø¤º°¨,, ø¤º°¨¨°º

Let's not call other people's rp shitty. You can avoid all of that by not engaging in mudsex yourself.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

July 08, 2011, 07:44:07 AM #61 Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 07:53:14 AM by RogueGunslinger
Quote from: Nana on July 08, 2011, 06:45:19 AM
And when someone looking for their next hapless f-me comes along, I can happily blow them

If you didn't read it like this you don't have a brain.

I was going to remark about the supremacist remarks you made about other peoples emoting... but honestly it wouldn't be nearly as funny as just taking shit out of context.

July 08, 2011, 10:29:53 AM #62 Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 10:35:11 AM by Nana
I find the general attitude towards "f-me's" to be extremely degrading and supremacist in general, so I thought it time someone here held a supremacist attitude towards them, coming from an (ex-) f-me point of view.

And yes, I don't engage in f-me behavior anymore Barzalene, I didn't need to hear that suggestion to figure that one out.

edit: my original post was somewhat angry and attacking. I stand by it. I don't want to RP with teenage boys, is basically what I'm saying, and I'm allowed to have that preference. Free speech also allows me to tell people their RP is bad. Don't worry, I never tell it to their FACES. That would just be rude.

July 08, 2011, 11:30:18 AM #63 Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 11:34:39 AM by NOFUN
QuoteAlso, I hope you teenage boys realize how much your age shows in your shitty RP. 90% of you dweebs can't properly mudsex or RP sexiness worth a damn.

QuoteI don't want to RP with teenage boys, is basically what I'm saying, and I'm allowed to have that preference
That's fine, I'm just really hoping you don't make up your mind up on the age of a character's player based on there ability to mudsex.

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
̡͌
ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ:・゚ KAWAII WAVE!!:,,ø¤º°¨ ¨°º¤KEEP THE KAWAII GOING ¸,,ø¤º°¨ ¨°º¤øº LETS GO KAWAII !¤¤º°¨¨°º¤øº¤ø,,¸¸ø¤º°¨,, ø¤º°¨¨°º

Edit - nevermind.
A rusty brown kank explodes into little bits.

Someone says, out of character:
     "I had to fix something in this zone.. YOU WEREN'T HERE 2 minutes ago :)"

I've heard of someone completely kicking someone else out of their entire RP because they wouldn't agree to be that guy's mate on AIM and that guy had a fit.

I agree with the teenager dweeb thing, it happened recently and it happens frequently.

Wow. Feel better? Little less defensive now?
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Happens less if you limit your ooc contact Kaiden.

People are responsible for how they treat others. You are not culpable for their bad deeds, however if you are having repeated negative experiences with several people and the common denominator is you, you have examine your behaviors as well.

I think after my character has gotten out of the newbie gear the thing I do after is to try and make PC friends to idle in the tavern with.
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
̡͌

I go to try to do what my background says I've been doing for the last 20 years of their life... but end up dead because I don't really have the skills.  Yeah, that's how I roll.  What?!

And seriously? You feel that there is a bias against f-mes and that bothers you? You would be happier if people treated you a if your entire value was between your legs? Really? If that's case, I think our conversation is over.

Barzalene: I don't think you're summarizing my post correctly. However, given that I don't play f-mes, I don't care enough about thmy post to bother explaining it, especially not in this thread. Maybe later I'll work harder to write a clear post describing the issue in a new thread. Sorry if there was some misunderstanding here.

Quote from: Nana on July 08, 2011, 10:29:53 AM
I find the general attitude towards "f-me's" to be extremely degrading and supremacist in general, so I thought it time someone here held a supremacist attitude towards them, coming from an (ex-) f-me point of view.

And yes, I don't engage in f-me behavior anymore Barzalene, I didn't need to hear that suggestion to figure that one out.

edit: my original post was somewhat angry and attacking. I stand by it. I don't want to RP with teenage boys, is basically what I'm saying, and I'm allowed to have that preference. Free speech also allows me to tell people their RP is bad. Don't worry, I never tell it to their FACES. That would just be rude.

You're adorable.

You're so blatantly insecure about your own RP that you come out swinging at the slightest provocation, slinging your heated pro-f'me agenda against a bunch of good RP'ers who honestly couldn't give half a wet fart about what you do in game. 

People that do feed on the 'predominantly anti-f'me sentiment' and let that little spark of anger burn in them while they bounce (or remember bouncing around if they actually don't mudsex anymore) around on all things throbbing, thinking about how superior they are for knowing eighteen different ways to describe wet, slippery, and moaning.

Take a xanax.  Sit down.  Chill.

We.  Don't.  Fucking.  Care.

Enjoy the game, we all are.

God damn, you're like... oh man, you remind me so much of someone.  Who is it.

Oh yeah.  Me.  Back when I was a complete untempered d-bag on the GDB.  Thankfully, I've grown older, and wiser, and I've learned to curb my emotions about how persecuted I believed I was.

This only came after I realized that no one TRULY gives a fuck about what people do in game.  F'mes will always exist.  Elf-fuckers will always exist.  Pkillers, raiders, griefers, twinks and spammers will always exist.

They bring temporary rage, temporary annoyance, and they provide a wonderful outlet for a day's anger in a GDB post or an offline rant.

But no one really cares.  If they do, then they're thinking about this shit while they're at Subway, or in the car on the highway, or while they're having sex with their mothers.  And that's just wrong.

So seriously.

Chill out.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

Mali, thanks for your long winded post stating that you don't care, irony is great.

I take it it's obvious I'm a newb. I'm not denying it. I'm a newb who tried fmeing and dropped it because all her partners were dull in the sack, teenage boys in would be adult bodies. I found it boring and yes, sometimes degrading.

I don't recall needing to chill out, I'm just stating that many who mudsex here can't pull off sexy. You'd think they never read romance novels. And I found that worth mentioning. But I am quite chill, and generally amused at how much my little post has stirred you and barzalene. One might wonder where the insecurity truly lies.

Quote from: Nana on July 08, 2011, 01:59:08 PM
Mali, thanks for your long winded post stating that you don't care, irony is great.

I take it it's obvious I'm a newb. I'm not denying it. I'm a newb who tried fmeing and dropped it because all her partners were dull in the sack, teenage boys in would be adult bodies. I found it boring and yes, sometimes degrading.

I don't recall needing to chill out, I'm just stating that many who mudsex here can't pull off sexy. You'd think they never read romance novels. And I found that worth mentioning. But I am quite chill, and generally amused at how much my little post has stirred you and barzalene. One might wonder where the insecurity truly lies.

sorry bro its to hard too type with won hand
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.