Luirs RPT - set date: friday, april 29th - saturday, april 30th

Started by Seraphim, March 03, 2011, 07:26:58 PM

We now have set the definite date, for any questions or requests you're welcome to ask IC. The various gossip posts name the two groups involved, they should be able to give you answers or direct you to the group member who is directly responsible.

This will be a two-week event in IC terms, with 4 RPTs total. We're trying to provide some fun in between the RPTs as well, and anyone who is able might also want to consider sunday 1st of may for an extended stay - if anything doesn't work out with the RPTs, one or two may be moved to sunday. And the fun party people will probably be sticking around for awhile. RPTs will start on

Friday, april 29th approx. 8 PM EST

and

Saturday, april 30th approx. 4 PM EST

The first round of gossip has been spread on tavern boards in Tuluk / Luirs / Allanak. More will be revealed over time, and more can be found out IC.

Good luck!
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

I hope I can make it.  :)
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

I'm so effin' excited.
Quote from: Qzzrbl
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

I should be able to make it according to the OOC time frames should I at that time have a character that can attend.   ;D

I don't foresee any issues.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Only -tiny- issue I see is that it would be -right- before finals for us college students. Making it even a week later would make things more relaxes for me, personally.

I'll probably be out of town for this, but best of luck!
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

Quote from: Tenua on March 05, 2011, 02:10:26 AM
Only -tiny- issue I see is that it would be -right- before finals for us college students. Making it even a week later would make things more relaxes for me, personally.

Are finals the first week of may?

I would prefer to do it a bit sooner rather than even later - one or at most two weeks sooner. Would this help at all?

I can attend it in general, but I'd like to know the timing of a few specific events so I can make sure I can participate in the ones I want.

Oh, and Sunday night wouldn't work out for me. That's Monday morning in my timezone, and I gots work.

This is gonna be awwsum.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Quote from: Seraphim on March 05, 2011, 05:16:00 AM
Quote from: Tenua on March 05, 2011, 02:10:26 AM

Are finals the first week of may?

I would prefer to do it a bit sooner rather than even later - one or at most two weeks sooner. Would this help at all?

They are. A bit earlier would work as well. :-)

Already conspiring working with my friendly local regional manager to organize two days work leave for this. Just need to get the confirmed dates locked in! It is going to be awesome and at least 15% more fluffy than any other RPT, guaranteed!

p.s. Isn't it awesome having a regional manager who is a gamer and understands when you need to take a day or two off for a planned online event or a midnight release!
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

Sunday nights are bad news for a lot of people.  May I suggest Friday and Saturday?
"I am a cipher, wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."
- Jimmy James, the man so great they had to name him twice

I'm a student too. Let's attempt to do all our studying early, instead. Memorize that crap until you dream about it, if studying earlier is possible.

or perhaps extend the length of time to three days, to the friday like someone suggested?

We as players can grow our own roleplaying time to the friday before and maybe the monday after. Tailgating party and whatnot.
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

Quote from: Marshmellow on March 05, 2011, 02:06:31 PM
Sunday nights are bad news for a lot of people.  May I suggest Friday and Saturday?

We're going to have to work with somewhat offpeak times - events will start at around 4 PM EST. I am, unfortunately, offpeak. A friday would probably be even worse than a sunday for this very reason.

Perhaps with this much notice in advance, people could try to liberate one sunday for a possibly once-in-your-Arm-lifetime opportunity?  :)

Quote from: Seraphim on March 05, 2011, 02:29:34 PM
Perhaps with this much notice in advance, people could try to liberate one sunday for a possibly once-in-your-Arm-lifetime opportunity?  :)

Like another poster said, Sunday night for you guys is Monday for me.

I'd hate to miss it, but I can't take a whole day off work.
Quote from: Oryxin a land...where nothing is as it seems
lol
wait wait
in a harsh desert..wait
in a world...where everything's out to kill you
one man (or woman) stands sort of alone
only not really
lol
KURAC

I don't think it can be a week earlier, because that's Easter.

Alright, I'll tentatively set this to:

Friday, 29th of april (about 8 PM EST starting time)

to

Saturday, 30th of april (about 4 PM EST starting time).

There will be 4 RPTs total, 2 on each of those days, and quite a bit of stuff to do and see in between as well. Probably even on sunday.

Dear College students, please start studying ahead of time!  :)

That will totally mess up my sleep schedule on friday, but for you guys, the sacrifice is well worth it. Now I just have to check with everyone else if this works for them.

Wow those times are spot-on perfect..no idea if my character -would- attend this - but if so, then count my PC in as either a participant, or witness/audience member! Or maybe my PC will come and cast mon un blow up Luir's. Good times, either way!
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Good times for me. Now to just make sure I don't stupidly get my PC killed and re-roll and get myself tangled up in an iso role that can't attend!

Quote from: hyzhenhok on March 06, 2011, 10:10:28 AM
Now to just make sure I don't stupidly get my PC killed and re-roll and get myself tangled up in an iso role that can't attend!
Just don't log in for two months.  ::)

I'm trying to wrap my brain around what actually goes down on a Sunday night ...

Weekends are supremely bad for me.   Which is opposite of the normal world, so I understand.  I'd "take off work" but I doubt I could justify dropping a grand to attend an event on a game.  Come to think of it, I haven't missed a day of work in six years.

It's a pity, too ...  you'd want me to come.  Enjoy!

Let's as players arrive early and add additional RP goodness to the tailgating party! and stay late as well. let's RP so much our heads explode.
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!