Luirs RPT - set date: friday, april 29th - saturday, april 30th

Started by Seraphim, March 03, 2011, 07:26:58 PM

We now have set the definite date, for any questions or requests you're welcome to ask IC. The various gossip posts name the two groups involved, they should be able to give you answers or direct you to the group member who is directly responsible.

This will be a two-week event in IC terms, with 4 RPTs total. We're trying to provide some fun in between the RPTs as well, and anyone who is able might also want to consider sunday 1st of may for an extended stay - if anything doesn't work out with the RPTs, one or two may be moved to sunday. And the fun party people will probably be sticking around for awhile. RPTs will start on

Friday, april 29th approx. 8 PM EST

and

Saturday, april 30th approx. 4 PM EST

The first round of gossip has been spread on tavern boards in Tuluk / Luirs / Allanak. More will be revealed over time, and more can be found out IC.

Good luck!
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

I hope I can make it.  :)
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

I'm so effin' excited.
Quote from: Qzzrbl
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

I should be able to make it according to the OOC time frames should I at that time have a character that can attend.   ;D

I don't foresee any issues.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Only -tiny- issue I see is that it would be -right- before finals for us college students. Making it even a week later would make things more relaxes for me, personally.

I'll probably be out of town for this, but best of luck!
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

Quote from: Tenua on March 05, 2011, 02:10:26 AM
Only -tiny- issue I see is that it would be -right- before finals for us college students. Making it even a week later would make things more relaxes for me, personally.

Are finals the first week of may?

I would prefer to do it a bit sooner rather than even later - one or at most two weeks sooner. Would this help at all?

I can attend it in general, but I'd like to know the timing of a few specific events so I can make sure I can participate in the ones I want.

Oh, and Sunday night wouldn't work out for me. That's Monday morning in my timezone, and I gots work.

This is gonna be awwsum.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Quote from: Seraphim on March 05, 2011, 05:16:00 AM
Quote from: Tenua on March 05, 2011, 02:10:26 AM

Are finals the first week of may?

I would prefer to do it a bit sooner rather than even later - one or at most two weeks sooner. Would this help at all?

They are. A bit earlier would work as well. :-)

Already conspiring working with my friendly local regional manager to organize two days work leave for this. Just need to get the confirmed dates locked in! It is going to be awesome and at least 15% more fluffy than any other RPT, guaranteed!

p.s. Isn't it awesome having a regional manager who is a gamer and understands when you need to take a day or two off for a planned online event or a midnight release!
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

Sunday nights are bad news for a lot of people.  May I suggest Friday and Saturday?
"I am a cipher, wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."
- Jimmy James, the man so great they had to name him twice

I'm a student too. Let's attempt to do all our studying early, instead. Memorize that crap until you dream about it, if studying earlier is possible.

or perhaps extend the length of time to three days, to the friday like someone suggested?

We as players can grow our own roleplaying time to the friday before and maybe the monday after. Tailgating party and whatnot.
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

Quote from: Marshmellow on March 05, 2011, 02:06:31 PM
Sunday nights are bad news for a lot of people.  May I suggest Friday and Saturday?

We're going to have to work with somewhat offpeak times - events will start at around 4 PM EST. I am, unfortunately, offpeak. A friday would probably be even worse than a sunday for this very reason.

Perhaps with this much notice in advance, people could try to liberate one sunday for a possibly once-in-your-Arm-lifetime opportunity?  :)

Quote from: Seraphim on March 05, 2011, 02:29:34 PM
Perhaps with this much notice in advance, people could try to liberate one sunday for a possibly once-in-your-Arm-lifetime opportunity?  :)

Like another poster said, Sunday night for you guys is Monday for me.

I'd hate to miss it, but I can't take a whole day off work.
Quote from: Oryxin a land...where nothing is as it seems
lol
wait wait
in a harsh desert..wait
in a world...where everything's out to kill you
one man (or woman) stands sort of alone
only not really
lol
KURAC

I don't think it can be a week earlier, because that's Easter.

Alright, I'll tentatively set this to:

Friday, 29th of april (about 8 PM EST starting time)

to

Saturday, 30th of april (about 4 PM EST starting time).

There will be 4 RPTs total, 2 on each of those days, and quite a bit of stuff to do and see in between as well. Probably even on sunday.

Dear College students, please start studying ahead of time!  :)

That will totally mess up my sleep schedule on friday, but for you guys, the sacrifice is well worth it. Now I just have to check with everyone else if this works for them.

Wow those times are spot-on perfect..no idea if my character -would- attend this - but if so, then count my PC in as either a participant, or witness/audience member! Or maybe my PC will come and cast mon un blow up Luir's. Good times, either way!
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Good times for me. Now to just make sure I don't stupidly get my PC killed and re-roll and get myself tangled up in an iso role that can't attend!

Quote from: hyzhenhok on March 06, 2011, 10:10:28 AM
Now to just make sure I don't stupidly get my PC killed and re-roll and get myself tangled up in an iso role that can't attend!
Just don't log in for two months.  ::)

I'm trying to wrap my brain around what actually goes down on a Sunday night ...

Weekends are supremely bad for me.   Which is opposite of the normal world, so I understand.  I'd "take off work" but I doubt I could justify dropping a grand to attend an event on a game.  Come to think of it, I haven't missed a day of work in six years.

It's a pity, too ...  you'd want me to come.  Enjoy!

Let's as players arrive early and add additional RP goodness to the tailgating party! and stay late as well. let's RP so much our heads explode.
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

I'm looking forward to it. I missed the last one, so this time hopefully I'll be there.
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

Quote from: BleakOne on March 07, 2011, 03:04:25 AM
I'm looking forward to it. I missed the last one, so this time hopefully I'll be there.

There is no 'last one', to my knowledge this kind of multi-RPT event has never been done before. It's not Luirsfest, it's what the gossip boards label it.  ;)

Glad to see you guys seem to be as excited about it as I am.

More information will be up on the boards in a month or so, and the general rules / locations for everything will be posted in Luirs.

Update: Friday may not work for one of the two organizers. If this turns out to be true, we will have to move it back to the original plan of saturday / sunday.

I know it's still quite a ways off but when things become more solidified a more detailed, even if tentative, "Activity A will start at 8pm on Saturday. Activity B will follow whenever A is wrapped up" type of schedule would be highly appreciated! And please oh please schedule the more attended activities later in the evening! (The fighting, auction, etc).

The schedule with exact starting times will be solidified in a few RL weeks, maybe even sooner.  :)

Quote from: drunkendwarf on March 09, 2011, 10:56:44 AM
And please oh please schedule the more attended activities later in the evening! (The fighting, auction, etc).

We're going to have to work with somewhat offpeak times - events will start at around 4 PM EST. I am, unfortunately, offpeak.

I can work around that for friday, if we manage to do it on friday, but haven't heard back on that issue yet. On the plus side:

Quote from: Is Friday on March 05, 2011, 09:47:47 AM
This is gonna be awwsum.

We're going to have to work with somewhat offpeak times - events will start at around 4 PM EST. I am, unfortunately, offpeak.

Yah, that's 2pm my time which is waaay too early for me to be able to participate. I suspect several other folks are in the same skimmer, but obviously ya gotta go what ya gotta do. Just so very much hoping to make the more attended events, because...
Quote from: Is Friday on March 05, 2011, 09:47:47 AM
This is gonna be awwsum.

I believe all of the 4 planned RPTs have the potential to draw a crowd... so don't fret too much if you have to miss some of them.  :)

The probably most popular one of the 4 will be during peak time, I believe.

The date has been set, original post updated.

Feel free to inquire IC as well!

More details will be on the city gossip boards soon.

The most detailed information, including pointers to locations of particular things, consent rules etc will be on the Luir's board a couple RL days before the official start date.

Participants of the 2 competition RPTs might want to sign up ahead of time, by finding the coordinators IC.

Fun time is near!
Fredd-

And at least it starts on Friday.  I don't know my work schedule for Sat.
Fredd-

Quote from: drunkendwarf on April 07, 2011, 02:08:03 PM
Quote from: Barsook on April 07, 2011, 02:05:19 PM
Fun time is near!

*squeals like a little girl*

Your avatar made that perfect.

So god damned excited, btw.
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

The best part is I don't have to skip a Gogol Bordello concert for this.

Quote from: Feco on April 09, 2011, 10:03:57 AM
Quote from: drunkendwarf on April 07, 2011, 02:08:03 PM
Quote from: Barsook on April 07, 2011, 02:05:19 PM
Fun time is near!

*squeals like a little girl*

Your avatar made that perfect.

Hah...after reading that and going back to look at my post...yes, yes it did. It made me chuckle.

Quote from: Yam on April 09, 2011, 11:00:06 PM

Text gypsies versus music gypsies. Who wins?
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

There is a trap set up for you...
どんと来い、生活の悪循環!!1!11
Quote from: Yam on March 18, 2011, 09:57:04 AM
There's really nothing wrong with a pretty boy in a dress.

A reminder to everyone looking to sign up for the first competition that I am offpeak. Sorry. I'm easy to catch just before peak time or on weekends, though.

Can we get the exacting time, for large groups that are trying to organize going?
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

Rocky music, about to be showdown in the wild west music/sound, ultimate battle of ultimate destiny music !
Will this be the greatest Luir's Fest ever? Probably.

Quote from: Yam on April 09, 2011, 11:00:06 PM

heh i worked w/ Eugene Hutz on a film like 6 years ago. Running around through Prague for 4 months w/ him was insane. He's no different off stage than he is on stage. The real deal.

And when is this thing happening? I keep clear of Luirs so I'll need to know when to keep even clearer :P
Czar of City Elves.

I hope to make ittt.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
There is only one boog.

Quote from: Potaje on April 25, 2011, 05:41:44 PM
Can we get the exacting time, for large groups that are trying to organize going?

The first RPT starts at approximately 8 PM EST on friday the 29th of april, give or take a bit depending on weather or other IC issues. I would recommend arriving early, perhaps even late on thursday night. There should be quite some activity even before the official start, and some extra time would allow exploration of (insert cool stuff here) that was set up by staff specifically for the duration of the events.

Ahem, correction: I actually don't know if staff will have time to already set everything up on thursday. But still, arriving early is a good idea.

So: 8 PM EST!

Be there or be the guy who hears from everyone else how cool it was!  :D

Bump

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

Ack. If I do wind up going I am gonna be an hour or two late.

I blame work. For everything.
There is only one boog.

Sorry about the delay with the last gossip post in Luir's, I still don't know where exactly event objects will be set up and what will be included by staff (some of what had been planned might not be possible to do after all). I should have it up and ready to be read just before the first RPT, though.

The gossip post is now up - I apologize for the length of it.  :-[ Go check out the cool stuff staff set up for everyone!

See you all ingame in a few hours.

...and I miss it.  :(
Fredd-

Is there a chance one of the folks organising this could post a simplified schedule of events on the GDB?

I know this isn't actual Luirsfest but Olafson used to post little mini-schedules on the boards showing approximately what time events would take place, and that would be super helpful for planning purposes as I'm gonna have limited time to play and need to prioritise!
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

Quote from: Fathi on April 29, 2011, 06:15:00 PM
Is there a chance one of the folks organising this could post a simplified schedule of events on the GDB?

I know this isn't actual Luirsfest but Olafson used to post little mini-schedules on the boards showing approximately what time events would take place, and that would be super helpful for planning purposes as I'm gonna have limited time to play and need to prioritise!

This.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

Quote from: jhunter on April 29, 2011, 06:17:22 PM

This.

This!

Also, I think it would be nice to post here on the forums when the exotic dancing thing is over (and expected to be over), so that the players of the PCs who didn't go to see it know when to log in, if they don't want to wait around IC for a RL few hours.
As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.

The second event of the day is anticipated to begin at 11 EST.

OOC schedule:
Friday, 29th of april

exotic dancing competition, approx. 8 PM EST.
Kuraci auction, approx.  11 PM EST.

Saturday, 30th of april

Muarki lottery auction, approx.  4 PM EST.
Kuraci combat tournament, approx.  6 or 7 PM EST.

I posted the detailed times on the rumor boards in Tuluk, Alllanak, and Luirs weeks before the start. I didn't think to put them on here as well, sorry if the ingame information wasn't convenient or very accessible for everyone.

Everyone in Luirs, make sure to read the latest gossip post with event information!

I had to copy and paste the post on the tavern board to notepad, and then leave, then read the post, just so I could see what it said. The screen scroll was amazing! HUGE turnout, it's really awesome! I feel bad that I have to miss the auction though, I was really looking forward to it but it's just too late for me. Some great stuff up for bid though, some lucky folks will be showing it all off tomorrow I'm sure!

Fabulously done.  Kudos to the organizers and participants.

Damn, I must have misread the first few IC rounds of gossip... Thought it was Friday-Sunday.

At least I only missed half!  ;D
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

Very well run!
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Alas, technical difficulties will prevent my participation in day two.  I hope it goes well!

Quote from: Erythil on April 30, 2011, 05:39:17 PM
Alas, technical difficulties will prevent my participation in day two.  I hope it goes well!

Psh, weenie! <3
There is only one boog.

The tournament will be starting next IC dawn for those who haven't heard yet.
lol
wait wait
in a harsh desert..wait
only not really
lol
KURAC

Fantasticly run. Kudos to the organizers for all the hard work. Much appreciated.

Awesome run y'all.

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

I'm just going to say.. you all kept me on 14 hrs.

Quote from: Potaje on May 01, 2011, 02:31:07 AM

But seriously, I've been on forever too.  Thank you guys for hosting/participating in one of the most epic RPTs I've attended in some time.   Really well run.

Good times, good times. Big thanks to the organizers of all this.

I need to go detox now... I think I just had a triple overdose of crackageddon.

Awesome work.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Quote from: Potaje on May 01, 2011, 02:31:07 AM

I had to get up after 10. My ass was numb.
There is only one boog.

Was quite fun.  Anxiously awaiting the next one  ;D
Murder, Corruption, Betrayal and Pancakes.

The most annoying thing about fun events like this is that if you're not involved it's a ghost town wherever you are. :/
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Was lots of fun!

Thanks for everyone who worked hard to put it together!
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

To the folks who organised the parts I didn't work on: That was a lot more fun and less work than I thought it would be!
lol
wait wait
in a harsh desert..wait
only not really
lol
KURAC

Wow.

Fucking wow.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

I sat in an internet cafe for like 8 hours I HOPE YOU'RE ALL HAPPY I GOT WEIRD LOOKS WHENEVER I GIGGLED

Was uber awesome. Big thanks to the staff and players involved.
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

Quote from: Yam on May 01, 2011, 06:31:19 PM
I sat in an internet cafe for like 8 hours I HOPE YOU'RE ALL HAPPY I GOT WEIRD LOOKS WHENEVER I GIGGLED

*like button*

I'm sorry my clan couldn't be more visible for this. Technical issues and sudden RL surprises prevented us from being as involved and visible as I had planned. And I was sleeping a ton after running the first RPT from 2 to 5 AM my time for you guys! :-[ That totally messed my sleep schedule up. The grand finale also had not been planned to be too peak time for me to attend. But I guess the schedule move couldn't be helped.

But I'm glad everyone had fun. Next time, we're going to rock this some more instead of leaving most of the glory to -that other clan-.  ;)

I am studying for tests so I didn't get to be involved that much, but I really enjoyed watching you all and sitting enjoying the atmosphere.

I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

I was out most of the weekend spending money I don't have, but coming home and logging in after was awesome. And you guys kept me up way too late every day.

Good, good stuff.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

I really enjoyed this. It was fun, engaging, and gave plenty of RP from discussing events to insulting members of the other clan/citystate/race/whatever-else-you-wanted-to-insult to just general good times. It was a major dose of Crackageddon. I need to go back to moderating myself and not play for so many hours in a day.

Also, the last event was pretty epic.
As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.

Could one of the organizers post a summary of the overall results in Luirs? For those who missed most of this because they couldn't play past 2 AM?  :'(

Yeah it's a little odd, that such a HUGE festival, advertised ICly, many game-weeks before the event, has zero "rumors" floating anywhere to reflect some idea of what happened. Not even a single post in the Luir's tavern board.