Started by Vanth, February 12, 2009, 12:25:36 AM

Discuss the cotton picking job here.
Nyr: newbs killing newbs
Nyr: hot newb on newb violence
Ath: Mmmmmm, HOT!

Hot DAMN.
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

I hope the security is very good if you cannot leave at all until picking a set amount.

/paranoid
//doesn't mean they're not after me
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

"Never was anything great achieved without danger."
     -Niccolo Machiavelli

This is about the greatest week ever for changes (well, 2 weeks, I'm still pretty stoked about pouring, too).
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

I can't wait to be able to try it out :)

Wow, playing a commoner just got easier in Tuluk.

Whoah.

All my loves are belong to you.
Quote from: manonfire on November 04, 2013, 08:11:36 AM
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

QuoteYou must pick a minimum amount of cotton for Dasari before you can leave, and you will be paid for all the cotton you pick for them.  Just as with the clay digging job, you will need an empty container to put the cotton in.

What happens if you enter the field without the empty container?

Quote from: number13 on February 12, 2009, 01:07:23 AM
QuoteYou must pick a minimum amount of cotton for Dasari before you can leave, and you will be paid for all the cotton you pick for them.  Just as with the clay digging job, you will need an empty container to put the cotton in.

What happens if you enter the field without the empty container?

The mul slave uses your ass as a "container?"
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Awesome.

Also, don't forget Niddy Noddys.

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niddy_noddy)

Quote from: Synthesis
Quote from: lordcooper
You go south and one of the other directions that isn't north.  That is seriously the limit of my geographical knowledge of Arm.
Sarge?

Quote*This project began with Laeris in 2003 or maybe earlier.  During its long gestation it has been worked on by a number of staff members without whom it would not be possible.  Kudos go to Laeris, Vendyra, Ashyom, myself, Nyr (for helping me test) and Morgenes (because I am a scripting idiot, and he is a scripting god).

I remember Vendyra... She was at APM 2002 with me... And ASHYOM! My Kadian imm... ~sniffle~ I so overloaded him with updates... But he loved me anyways!

Oh, yes, code, AWESOME!! Can't wait to get a change to try it out.
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

This is fantastic.
Maybe it should be added to "what you know" along with the clay and wood logging jobs - so new players have "something to do" when they get into the game.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Amazing to see Arm the First getting new things like this.  Thanks.

(Obligatory: even if it is for them durn northies.)
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

Dammit! This is cool but I won't be able to check it out with my current character. *sniffle*
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

See, this is why the South is better than the North. Where Southies get by with an honest hardworking labor job of being a mercenary trained in the art of battle, your plebian Tuluki picks cotton and shovels clay.  :-*
Rickey's Law: People don't want "A story". They want their story.

Quote from: Jdr on February 12, 2009, 02:10:49 AMSee, this is why the South is better than the North.

I was under the apparently false impression that the North specialized in silk and the South specialized in cotton.  I now presume the farms outside Allanak are primarily devoted to grain production, which makes sense for a population of that size.

I've had so many characters that I started in Allanak, simply because I understand the basics behind mining and salt grebbing, and each were an "easy" source of income, with appropriate dangers (Well, once I had a giant walk across the flats, that was scary enough to make me stop for a while)

This makes it SO much easier to make a little money as an independent, which I thought was very lacking for new players in Tuluk. NOT everyone knows about the best places to go for wood and other things. While I -would- like to see more of a danger, thus more of an income, this makes it easy even for Wall-Dwellers to make enough 'sid to drink and eat.

Thanks for all the effort, -all- of you imms!
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: Zalanthan on February 12, 2009, 02:17:48 AM
Quote from: Jdr on February 12, 2009, 02:10:49 AMSee, this is why the South is better than the North.

I was under the apparently false impression that the North specialized in silk and the South specialized in cotton.  I now presume the farms outside Allanak are primarily devoted to grain production, which makes sense for a population of that size.
Hmm.. why is it that bread and flour isn't very easy to find in 'Nak then? Or maybe I'm just not looking at the shops right.
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

February 12, 2009, 06:52:06 AM #20 Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 06:57:16 AM by number13
Quote from: Riev on February 12, 2009, 06:30:01 AM
This makes it SO much easier to make a little money as an independent, which I thought was very lacking for new players in Tuluk. NOT everyone knows about the best places to go for wood and other things.

It's common knowledge, I think, that life as an independent is easier in Tuluk.  As for the wood, there's a forest -- right outside of the gates. Try the woodworking helpfile for additional hints.

Quote from: SMuz on February 12, 2009, 06:50:37 AM
Quote from: Zalanthan on February 12, 2009, 02:17:48 AM

Hmm.. why is it that bread and flour isn't very easy to find in 'Nak then? Or maybe I'm just not looking at the shops right.

Quote from: http://www.armageddon.org/cgi-bin/help_index/timeline.cgi1575 (Year 35 Age 21)
    Several merchant houses make silt skimmer expeditions into the Sea of Silt, pressing into the unknown reaches south of Red Storm. Sometime during the trip, they attract the attention of the enigmatic and impossibly large Silt Giants, also known as "true giants." The giants chase the skimmer expedition back to shore, making landfall in Red Storm East. Over the course of the next few years, a few giants, so tall that their silhouettes are visible for miles, settle in Red Storm East, driving out the farmers and workers who, until then, produced much of Allanak's grain. Famine sweeps through the southern parts of the known world as grain becomes all but unavailable in Allanak and elsewhere.

This is a good change, though. I especially can't wait to see those new craftable cotton items coming into the game.

Oh, it's great!  And I mean that seriously.  Having the ability to harvest resources, give some to the city and craft the rest or sell is awesome.

Can't wait to see "wheat picking" or some other resource like it for Allanak - you know, one where 1 day old warriors don't stand a real chance of dying to get at.

I hate to say it, Nyr, but once again this is an example of the North getting stuff (include Luir's in this) and Allanak getting the boot - to which I was referring in my vitriolic post on Luir's and their Kadian shop.

Quote from: DustMight on February 12, 2009, 07:57:11 AM
Oh, it's great!  And I mean that seriously.  Having the ability to harvest resources, give some to the city and craft the rest or sell is awesome.

Can't wait to see "wheat picking" or some other resource like it for Allanak - you know, one where 1 day old warriors don't stand a real chance of dying to get at.

I hate to say it, Nyr, but once again this is an example of the North getting stuff (include Luir's in this) and Allanak getting the boot - to which I was referring in my vitriolic post on Luir's and their Kadian shop.

I bet there's a constructive, polite way to suggest this to the volunteers making us free stuff to play with - instead of somehow believing that they are persecuting you.  You are not getting the shaft.  You are not getting the boot.  You are getting a free game.

Also, street sweeping in Allanak would be -awesome- if coded. 

>forage dirt
Quote from: Synthesis
Quote from: lordcooper
You go south and one of the other directions that isn't north.  That is seriously the limit of my geographical knowledge of Arm.
Sarge?

Thunkinn - it's not ME getting the shaft - it's the city of Allanak and all the players that prefer that city. 

I believe I wrote "Alanak is getting the boot."

I can not say why or how the staff figures out which goodies go where, I'm just pointing out that it is uneven and artificial while most of the game seems very organic and real.  I am suggesting the staff look at balance and add to point A and then to point B. 

There is little doubt that we have loyal players of either city that prefer only to play those cities.  To be fair to both, it seems balance would be in order. 

I ask you - do more players play Tuluk because the culture is so rip-roaring awesome or because there are more coded opportunities.

I submit it is the latter.

In the end it makes the rest of the world boring and it isn't logically consistent with devastation that befell Tuluk not so very long ago.

But - as I mentioned - I think coded jobs are awesome and adding another is great.  I did mention that didn't I? Yeah, I did.