No more saturday downtime?

Started by Tamarin, March 31, 2006, 09:28:41 PM

http://www.zalanthas.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=17999

Does anyone else thing this is a deranged pre-aprilfool's kind of joke?  Or is this the real deal?

Discuss.
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

I think it probably is an April's Fool joke, but damn, I wish it wasn't...
b]YB <3[/b]

We can mudsex on saturdays?
some of my posts are serious stuff

April fool's.

I refuse to think otherwise until tomorrow morning when the game does or doesn't go down.

Yeah, but if they really wanted to make the joke convincing...no downtime tomorrow.

Then let us know next week when they have downtime as usual.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

Two years ago we had it worst when there was that announcement of selling Arm to Wizards of the Coast.  That was horrible.  Can you imagine what it would be like?

Since then, I am putting a reminder not to fall for something like this again.
some of my posts are serious stuff

I refuse to think otherwise until I see no downtime for a month.  I'm not getting fooled this time.

Besides, the rule is that if someone calls you out on your april fool's prank, you HAVE TO fess up to it.  That's the rule.  It's in the constitution.

Yeah, fools.

I've fallen for them in the past.

But to think how much that would help the game...the saturday players that we've missed over the years.

I've never liked april fool's jokes.
The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God? -Muad'Dib

So let's all go focus on our own roleplay before anyone picks up a stone to throw. -Sanvean

April fools.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Whatever. This is pretty dick april fools joke.  I would love to play on saturday. Poor taste.
If you gaze for long enough into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

www.j03m.com

This is the worst possible code ever.

How will I ever see sunlight now?  Tell me!
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Even if it was real, I still wouldn't play on Saturdays because that would be a hardcore homage to the Armageddon of yore.

Of yore, I tell you!

Damn. That means I'm going to be forced to go to more RPTs on Saturdays. This is an April Fool's Joke.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

I am glad it is an april fools joke.  I need saturday to do my homework.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

I know this is probably an April fools joke....in my rational thoughts I know thats probably what it is. But they are cunning these immortal folk...they know that even though we all probably know this is some twisted joke...part of us still hopes it is true and come tomorrow at 10am...we will try to log in...and we will all still be..."Got"...by this joke. Damn. Double damn.  :cry:
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

I just wish it wasn't an April Fool's Joke.

Everyone knows that April Fool's jokes may only be played from midnight to noon ON April 1st or else... hmmm, I not really sure of the or else.... or ELSE SOMETHING VERY BAD HAPPENS TO YOU!!!

So unless Sanvean is currently in Europe...
Quote from: J S BachIf it ain't baroque, don't fix it.

No downtime? But I have a test to study for!  WTF, man!  Someone open a poll and see if the playerbase approves!  Quick!
quote="Hymwen"]A pair of free chalton leather boots is here, carrying the newbie.[/quote]

You know the April fools joke could be that it isn't an April fools joke. Just make you sweat it out all day. :)
quote="Morgenes"]
Quote from: "The Philosopher Jagger"You can't always get what you want.
[/quote]

I honestly don't know what to think. Part of me thinks it's an april fools joke, and part of me wants it to be true..but that would just make it so I would -never- leave my house..And that probably isn't a good think. hehe 8)
Mr_Fire-
~Let others screw light bulbs in water faucets. Who cares?~

ROFL! It's getting really wild now.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

Quote from: "Tamarin"Even if it was real, I still wouldn't play on Saturdays because that would be a hardcore homage to the Armageddon of yore.

Of yore, I tell you!

We'll just make saturdays official twink train day, where no pdeath may occur.
"rogues do it from behind"
Quote[19:40] FightClub: tremendous sandstorm i can't move.
[19:40] Clearsighted: Good
[19:41] Clearsighted: Tremendous sandstorms are gods way of saving the mud from you.

Quote from: "Medena"Everyone knows that April Fool's jokes may only be played from midnight to noon ON April 1st or else... hmmm, I not really sure of the or else.... or ELSE SOMETHING VERY BAD HAPPENS TO YOU!!!

I agree that was the rule, back in the long, long ago.  Since then it has spread out a bit, a trend with holidays.  Now Boxing Day has become Boxing Week.  "Christmas comes but once a year" is now "Christmas comes three to five times a year" (Christmas in July, etcetera).  Verily, I remember when it was tacky to start putting up Christmas decorations before Remembrance Day, now they start going up the day after Halloween.  I blame the marketing weasels.

Eventually every single day will be part of a holiday, possibly more than one.  Existing holidays will all be extended to at least a week.  Any gaps will be filled in with new hallmarkdays like Secretaries Day, Bosses Day, Grandparents day and other occasions that require cards, flowers, or gifts.  Shortly thereafter the Earth will become uninhabitable, on account of the rain forests having been mowed down to make new greeting cards, and the oceans filled with the sludge of old greeting cards after all the landfills overflowed.

Angela Christine
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

hmmm. It's up....
If you gaze for long enough into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

www.j03m.com

This is still seriously creeping me out.

Seriously.

Seeker
Sitting in your comfort,
You don't believe I'm real,
But you cannot buy protection
from the way that I feel.