No more saturday downtime?

Started by Tamarin, March 31, 2006, 09:28:41 PM

I don't understand.

It's all so legit.

It's up.

34 people are online.

The IMMs have yet to wreak havoc.

Could it be true?

It is real.  So it is made on April's fools to make us think it is April's fools.  So much it only says, the real April's fools joke is to make us believe it is April's fools joke.

What am I talking about again?
some of my posts are serious stuff

Maybe... they're waiting for peak times... around 5-6 ESt.. and they're going to make it rain.. and then be all like.. "april fools bitches"
your mother is an elf.

If this is actually real, then:

http://www.armageddon.org/general/rules.html

The last paragraphs of that page will need to be updated.

Quote from: "Delirium"If this is actually real, then:

http://www.armageddon.org/general/rules.html

The last paragraphs of that page will need to be updated.

There will be a lot of docs that need to be updated, if it's true.  I'd say that the downtime is mentioned about 30 times on the site and in the game.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Adios downtime, I understood why you were in place but you won't be missed.

I wonder what sort of impact it will have on increasing the playerbase since it's likely more than a few people over the years have tried to login on a Saturday and then moved on never to return.

Quote from: "CRW"I wonder what sort of impact it will have on increasing the playerbase since it's likely more than a few people over the years have tried to login on a Saturday and then moved on never to return.

It'll have to have some impact I would think. Also, I'd say it'll definitely help recruit / keep European players and allow us to interact more often with the peak time players. When the downtime was in place Saturday was more or less completely knocked out unless you stayed up until 2am or later if you are mainland Europe. Sunday has always been a good day for playing if you needed to find people, make reports to your clan leader, schedule RPTs, etc. Having two days like this in the week will be a big improvement in my opinion.
You can't trust any bugger further than you can throw him, and there's nothing you can do about it, so let's have a drink" Dydactylos' philosophical mix of the Cynics, the Stoics and the Epicureans (Small Gods, Terry Pratchett)

I hope an imm posts on this soon and clarifies if it's true or not. :( Just because it was up this past Saturday doesn't mean it's always going to be up does it?

Quote from: "Bebop"I hope an imm posts on this soon and clarifies if it's true or not. :( Just because it was up this past Saturday doesn't mean it's always going to be up does it?

I think the Imms are actively ignoring our inquiries...probably to make us a little insane. :-)

-Irulan
Mal: "Well they tell you: never hit a man with a closed fist. But it is, on occasion, hilarious."
---
Inara: "Thank you for the wine. It's very... fresh."

Mal: "To Kaylee, and her inter-engine fermentation system."

Quote from: "Seeker"This is still seriously creeping me out.

Seriously.

Seeker
Sitting in your comfort,
You don't believe I'm real,
But you cannot buy protection
from the way that I feel.

I think tomorrow we will know for sure.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

It's real. ugh.  I'm starting to think that Sanvean posted it on April Fool's just to torment you guys for a week wondering if it was real.

So does the moment of truth come tomorrow or did I miss a thread where it was confirmed to be real?

Well I think a wednesday reset happened, but no official non 4-1 confirmation yet.  Guess we'll see tomorrow.

If it's true, it'll be fun in a few years to say "You know you've played Arm too long when you still remember when the MUD was down EVERY SATURDAY!"

I've tried to log in on a Wednesday once and was blocked, receiving a prompt that said "try again in 20-30 minutes".
I think this is real.
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

Scary thought.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

Well I'll be damned... game's still up.   :shock:

It's only been a half hour since it was supposed to go down.

I don't want to get on if it's going to go down in ten minutes.

The game is not going down for maintenance today.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

Quote from: "Seeker"
Quote from: "Seeker"This is still seriously creeping me out.

Seriously.

Seeker
Sitting in your comfort,
You don't believe I'm real,
But you cannot buy protection
from the way that I feel.

Quote from: "Morgenes"The game is not going down for maintenance today.

:shock:  :shock:

Its real!
The rugged, red-haired woman is not a proper mount." -- oops

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/03/19

Diealot - Ninja Helper (Too cool for Tags)

I think the staff like to laugh at us on their own forum.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

*cheers*

Now we need to write some TMS reviews about the change!
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Woo!

>drop pants
You do not have that item.