Your downtime assignment, should you choose to accept it

Started by Vanth, February 25, 2006, 11:16:47 AM

There's a lot of awesome ideas up here already.  At the moment, I only have one other... kinda.  Well, it all surrounds the same concept.

:arrow: A greatly expanded fire code.  If you get blazed by a Krathi, you shouldn't just have 'burned' armor, you should have 'burning' armor.  Burn duration dependant on level of spell cast... a yuqa would burn for maybe a second (causing one extra stage of perhaps 1-2 pts of damage before going out) where as a mon would set items on fire for maybe up to six seconds, at 1-2 pts a second.  Expand the extinguish command to include self and other PCs.  Some items, naturally, would have more of an ability to burn and not get totally trashed, where as silk would just puff up and vaporize.

:arrow: I would also like to see anything above a moderate sized campfire useable as a source of weaponry as well as an in-room combat extra.

subdue target
throw target campfire/bonfire
Using the leverage of your hold, you force target into a campfire!

Using leverage, subduer forces you into the campfire!

With a quick shove, subduer forces target into the campfire!

At this point, a damage amount would be delivered upon the target, as well as a chance of item ignition.

:arrow: a 'burning' flag for players, so you could mock them from the next room over.
The guy with the seeker-like eyes is standing here.
-He is burning!

:arrow: A 'douse' feature for liquid containers.  Perhaps just an expansion to the 'pour' feature.  Example: pour waterskin dudeonfire

:arrow: A 'flamability quotient' added to relevant liquids.
This, when combined with the 'douse' or 'pour' idea, could be quite humorous.

:arrow: A 'spit' command useable within five seconds of 'drink item'
spit dude
You spit a mouthload of (liquid type) into dude's face, blinding them!
You spit a mouthload of (liquid type) at dude's face, who quickly avoids it.
Player spits a mouthload of (liquid type) into your face, temporarily blinding you!
Player spits a mouthload of (liquid type) at you, but you quickly avoid it.
Suddenly, player spits a mouthload of (liquid type) at dude's face, who then seems very distracted.
Suddenly, player spits a mouthload of (liquid type) at dude's face, but completely misses.

If possible, the 'spit' command would take into account the liquid type's flamability, which would make certain locations much more valuable for starting bar fights in.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

:arrow: Tattoos visible on corpses

:arrow: Coded bind (like high subdue with no PC/NPC subduing) and blindfolds (you wear them on face, you're blind. You cannot remove them while bound)

:arrow: 'Dress' command to force-wear clothing on unconscious/nosaving targets. Oh the possibilities...

:arrow: A way to say how someone died, eventually a way to say how someone got wounded.
Quote from: VanthA well-placed grunt can be worth a thousand words.

One other I don't see in this list-

:arrow: splitting 'talk' into two different commands - standard tabletalk variant and NPC gossip.
quote="CRW"]i very nearly crapped my pants today very far from my house in someone else's vehicle, what a day[/quote]

-Villages (even 3-5 room affairs would be fine) to reflect every populated location in the game, with NPCs with history to flesh out the village's background. No more psuedo populations. I would be very pleased to take over that project.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

:arrow: Alternative Desert Rooms. When you enter a room, a random one pops up. That way it would really seem like the desert's dunes move. Or that you never follow the exact same path.

:arrow: Craftable training weapons?
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

A transport structure, maybe rickshaw type things for the wealthier inhabitants of Tuluk, linking major areas, taverns etc. They'd be nice places for intrigue, handy if you're intoxicated, and help cut down the chore of the long distances.

Theatre and arena in Tuluk finished (and maybe have them moved to Red Sun Commons?)

Message board in Elementalist square

Help file on brawl

A cheaper, shittier grade/cut of spice – maybe more addictive but doesn't last as long?

Rukkians being able to make spice  :shock:

A Sorcerer Queen, or a Lady at the least...Maybe to kick out the Sand Lord and rule the Red Desert? (I'm happy to try this myself one day if it doesn't happen before!  :) ). I think it's a bit crap all the main rulers are male.

If you do something that produces an echo, being able to see that echo so you know yourself what you're doing.

More NPCs in Allanak.  I always view that city as jam packed.  I never want to go one room and it be empty.  Jam packed.  I'd like to idea that 'owning a big room' = 'rich', and that if you can afford to have a large empty space, you're showing off your richness.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

--Coded STDs that can remain dormant or have actual effects, some of which might be visible to other people (remove pants - On legs: several small sores apparent on the thighs). If dormant, you can still transmit to someone else.

--A 'sex' command that you use which purpose is only to do a STD roll (if either person is affected) and a chance to impregnate depending on race, any contraceptive used, and any other factors.

--Birthing code. If one is pregnant, echos of nausea followed by a chance of vomiting at random times. When the time is right, a nice little birth program can be activated followed by the creation of a baby item (non-food type, heh). Chance of death during birth. From there, the PC can throw away the baby, sell it, raise it, etc. (Noble aides watch out! Here come the bastards!)
"People survive by climbing over anyone who gets in their way, by cheating, stealing, killing, swindling, or otherwise taking advantage of others."
-Ginka

"Don't do this. I can't believe I have to write this post."
-Rathustra

Removed one post and ruthlessly edited some others to remove reference to other posts/ideas.

More ideas:
--a temporary, visible indicator of heavy (the two heaviest levels) of sandstorms in a room.  i.e. after the rdesc you get:
Sand is piled here in haphazard drifts.
Then the temporary desc would 'expire' a while after the weather had died down.

--Some way to find out from city-gate guards why they closed the gates, i.e. have them say what they saw right before they closed them.  Or at least give that info to someone in their own clan (soldiers/templars).

--Open more towns/outposts as starting locations, places like Luir's or the RS's, or the farming/logging villages.

--Farming!  You enter a farm, harvest wheat/cotton/fruit/whatever, then turn in what you've gathered in return for wages.  Then you can also have an NPC outside the farm that you can buy the raw product from.

--Raw cotton/linen/silk.  Spin the raw material into thread/yarn, then weave the thread/yarn into lengths of cloth.  You'd save a little money this way over buying the lengths, but would have to invest more time.

--More variable NPCs. Sometimes you'll see that scarred mercenary in the Commoner's Quarter/Warrens, sometimes you'll see them in the Bazaar/tribal market.  Sometimes you won't see them for weeks at a time.  Maybe sometimes they come into your tavern, sit down, and have a drink.
Nyr: newbs killing newbs
Nyr: hot newb on newb violence
Ath: Mmmmmm, HOT!

-I would love to see more 'alive' npcs that walk around and stuff.
-Windows, to climb through, or look out
-Maybe different types of 'sid, so you don't get weighed down in coin alone. Also explains carrying 100000 obsidian pieces.

More virtual wildlife.

We know the NPC coded beasties, but they can't be the entire sum of Zanthan fauna.  I get tired of making up references to smaller, harmless bugs and critters that no one else understands IG, but that surely must exist.  One awesome approved doc could solve this and be flava-riffic.

Seeker
Sitting in your comfort,
You don't believe I'm real,
But you cannot buy protection
from the way that I feel.

:arrow: Easier crafting - 'craft slices jam' instead of 'craft slice slice slice slice slice into a small cup of kalan jam', for example.

:arrow: Less starting money. Having grasped the game now, I realize how much the 800ish 'sid that I started with was. I personally think that it's too much. :)

:arrow: Some simple ANSI (toggle on/off) - color ldescs and sdescs (in emotes/speech too) of PCs and NPCs, room names, say/psi/tell/talk, and possibly objects.

:arrow: Personal opinion that I know most will disagree with: slow down IG time, to something like half or a quarter of the pace it is now. I have a hard time pretending that my character lives according to the IG time when a day lasts an hour and a half.

Edit: :arrow: Bring Armageddon back up now. Now!
b]YB <3[/b]

- tattooist subguild able to administer their own custom tattoos onto the locations of PCs.  Also could create artwork on canvas and other materials using same method.  Would be great for tuluk artists.

- Bring back the potions!

- make certain skills learnable for a fee, especially languages.  Automated school or NPCs utilizing talk code.

- City guild defensive skills should be much higher at max than their offense (parry, shield_use, etc.), especially for pickpockets and burglars.

- Stats for starting young characters should not be penalized if those stats don't -automatically- adjust with age.

- HK
- HK

:arrow: Make tattooist a main class.
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

:arrow: Some sort of a 'deathdesc' flag that can be added to trusted player *accounts* that would give the owner of that account (who is trusted with the ability to not twink out the use) the ability to set the 'dropdesc' of their corpse after being ruthlessly slain.

A deathdesc would have normal line length, and could not include anything like "the blah blah man is here, obviously killed by BOB. GO KILL BOB!!!one!"

These deathdescs would go into a file which would be an extremely brief read for any staffer who wished to check over the recent deathdescs.  If there is an instance of borderline twinkery, a warning is issued, if it is blatant (as the example above), then automatic docking of 1-2 karma and removal of the ability from the account.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

-Merchant mode on/off (much like nosave or mercy)

Why? To choose to display (but not sell) every item in your inventory so that people can 'view' each item.  Much like you can with NPC merchants.  This way you won't have to 'hold' each item separately for people to look at (or cry when you discover you can't hold an item).

... I guess they could type 'list' or whatever and see everything.  Hopefully nobody accidentally leaves merchant mode on.  Oopsies.
For those regarded as warriors, when engaged in combat
The vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern.
Suppress all human emotion and compassion.
Kill whoever stands in thy way...

:arrow:  Have pull reins or a similar command re-implimented for combat trained mounts.  (This is different than the charge skill.  Charge depends on the skill of the rider, pull reins depends on the skill of the mount).
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

- Ability to change ldesc of an item (most importantly, a corpse), without being able to lift it.
eeling YB, you think:
    "I can't believe I just said that."

new profession like mining/sifting/salting/lumbering:
:arrow: allow glowing irrig beetles to be harvested with nets in the grey forest and crafted into lanterns/lamps
:arrow: less incentives to empty a broken-into apartment of all its furniture

Pet fights.

Preferably with little insect objects (maybe lizards and birds as well?).

Each type of insect would get a set of skills and moves.  Then they could fight one another on a table.

Command to get them fight could be like: use insect table and if there is another insect on the table they engage into combat.  Loser is tossed from the table and onto the floor.

edited to add: Mansa mighta come up with this idea some time back but I really like it still.

Give me items that mask my mdesc. As of now, one little "look" and a PC on PC robbery is completely ruined.

Allow for changing clothes to help reduce wanted crim flag wait times.
If you gaze for long enough into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

www.j03m.com

Quote from: "marko"Pet fights.

Preferably with little insect objects (maybe lizards and birds as well?).

Each type of insect would get a set of skills and moves.  Then they could fight one another on a table.

Command to get them fight could be like: use insect table and if there is another insect on the table they engage into combat.  Loser is tossed from the table and onto the floor.

Pokemon in Zalanthas!  :shock:

:arrow: Smurfs

"I agree with Halaster"  -- Riev

QuoteHave pull reins or a similar command re-implimented for combat trained mounts. (This is different than the charge skill. Charge depends on the skill of the rider, pull reins depends on the skill of the mount).

That was removed because npc's don't have lag, so you could macro pull reins 80 times in a row and it was basicly like walking into nak with spice.

Me, I'd like to see it put back in too, and instead of having to figure out how to give NPC's lag, I figured out a simple solution.

Pull reins more then once every ten seconds and mount throws ya then turns on you with 50 pull reins attacks:)

Snicker.

Or, how about they just work like offensive armor, simply have an auto-script and they attack now and again on thier own.

Oh, and

Smurfs

Smurfs

Smurfs!
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Some kind of check for the weather in the south during RL peak time. If it's been bad 2 days in a row during peak time, the 3rd RL day it would be manageable to non-rangers. Then it could go back to sucking for 2 days, then manageable, etc etc etc. Being stuck in the city when you have things to do outside it just because most of your city-based clan isn't rangers sucks especially when it's always sucking most when the majority of your clan-mates is logged in and ready to go.