Shit Happens

Started by Olgaris, February 18, 2009, 04:54:44 PM

A war beetle squeezes out a fist-sized ball of dung.

XD

>drop pants
You do not have that item.

Quote from: staggerlee on February 18, 2009, 05:47:11 PM
I'm really not clear on how or why something like this needs to be coded.
What does it add to the game, that can't currently be done virtually?

Making the dung craftable in some manner would satisfy that concern.

Quote from: Olgaris on February 18, 2009, 04:53:35 PM
Dung buyers, had things to buy. Grebbers had another way to make a few coins...

I told you guys Olgaris had something steamy for you.
Nyr: newbs killing newbs
Nyr: hot newb on newb violence
Ath: Mmmmmm, HOT!

So this is live?

P.S. If so, it's time to see what kind of profits I can squeeze out of it.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Dung-ball fights? Anyone?

>drop pants
You do not have that item.

This is something that people can do in Allanak for coin without leaving the city, as requested, many times.
You give your towering mound of dung to the inordinately young-spirited Shalooonsh.
the inordinately young-spirited Shalooonsh sends:
     "dude, how'd you know I was hungry and horny?"

I'm curious to see how much can be made if you stand next to your beetle all day long. Might be worth testing it out.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Quote from: Malken on February 18, 2009, 06:15:59 PM
I'm curious to see how much can be made if you stand next to your beetle all day long. Might be worth testing it out.

That was taken into account, and it's not really worth it.
You give your towering mound of dung to the inordinately young-spirited Shalooonsh.

I'm still trying to decide if this is a joke or something...

>hunt
You search for tracks...

Less than an hour ago, a small, four-legged creature moved to the south.
*a fresh pile of dung lies in the path.
A few hours ago a small, four-legged creature moved to the south.
*a dried pile of dung lies in the path.

Or something like that if they pooped in the room. If it's a coded pile of dung...never mind.
"And all around is the desert; a corner of the mournful kingdom of sand."
   - Pierre Loti

Quote from: Olgaris on February 18, 2009, 06:08:07 PM

This is something that people can do in Allanak for coin without leaving the city, as requested, many times.

Ha. We complain too much.
Thanks for the work.   ;)
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.

"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."

"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.

"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

What I'm really looking for here is feedback as to whether you think your mounts are pooping too often, or not often enough.

Just a question... is this for reasons to keep the streets clean or for some other strange use for the poo?  Kinda curious about IC reasoning is all.
A staff member sends:
     "Looks like you introduced him to *puts on sunslits* the school of hard Knoxx.  YEEEEAAAAAAH"

I just visited a busy clan stable. No shit yet. Will wagons generate shit too? What about codedly empty but icly busy stables? Is there a poop command coming soon?
Quote from: Gimfalisette
(10:00:49 PM) Gimf: Yes, you sentence? I sentence often.

Quote from: Olgaris on February 18, 2009, 06:32:56 PM
What I'm really looking for here is feedback as to whether you think your mounts are pooping too often, or not often enough.

I think they shit a lot, considering how much I feed them.

Question:
Now that I'm providing a means of living for stablehands, shouldn't they pay me to stable my mount?

Two questions, if you don't mind.

1) Will the dung work for kindling?

2) Can dung be found in places like the Byn latrines, or say, certain places in the game world that are specially designated as filled with feces? Such as certain black holes.

February 18, 2009, 06:46:55 PM #39 Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 06:52:24 PM by Jingo
They seem to poop every few minutes. Maybe one or two times an ig hour.

Don't know if that is too often.

My concern is that you can easily estimate how much poo there is and how long a particular mount is been in an area without any required skill. I think this should somehow be a function of the hunt command.

em wraps his hand in a plastic bag as he bends over to pick up his unpleasantly warm clump of poo.
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

Beetles are meant to poop once an IC hour-ish. It is random.

Yes, hunters will now be able to know if certain prey has been in an area. Yes, anyone will be able to tell if mounts have been hanging out in a certain area for a long period of time. Why should they not? Anybody can identify horse poop, and if there is a lot of it, looks like there was either a lot of horses or a horse there that pooped a bunch because it was there for a long time. Finding out how many animals, would require the hunt skill.

Quote from: Clearsighted on February 18, 2009, 06:45:52 PM

Two questions, if you don't mind.

1) Will the dung work for kindling?

2) Can dung be found in places like the Byn latrines, or say, certain places in the game world that are specially designated as filled with feces? Such as certain black holes.

1) not yet
2) Yes, very soon.

Quote from: jcljules on February 18, 2009, 06:45:03 PM
I just visited a busy clan stable. No shit yet. Will wagons generate shit too? What about codedly empty but icly busy stables? Is there a poop command coming soon?

Mounts that stand around in a room won't start pooping until a reboot, unless they are stabled and unstabled.

Do all mounts poop?  What about wild animals?
Quote from: Gimfalisette
(10:00:49 PM) Gimf: Yes, you sentence? I sentence often.

Quote from: Olgaris on February 18, 2009, 06:54:52 PM

Mounts that stand around in a room won't start pooping until a reboot, unless they are stabled and unstabled.

-If they leave it frequently enough that they can be tracked by it I'd say it's too much. You should be able to stroll through the wilderness at a leisurely rate without leaving a pile every room.

-Maybe a cap on how much they drop per room would be a good idea, in the interest of clan stables not overfilling. That or have it decompose quickly. (Though either might defeat the purpose of the code I guess)

-I look forward to having the time to actually play and test some of the changes going on. *counts down the days*
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.

"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."

"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.

"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

Quote from: jcljules on February 18, 2009, 06:55:43 PM

Most mounts poop. Some wild animals poop. Different animals will poop with different frequency.

Quote from: Olgaris on February 18, 2009, 04:54:44 PM
http://www.zalanthas.org/gdb/index.php/topic,34473.0.html

Discuss.

Poop happening too frequently? Not often enough? Let's hear about it.

Not since I started taking Metamucil, bro.
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

I think desert elves should have to squeeze out a turd or two as they run.  ;)
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

Quote from: staggerlee on February 18, 2009, 06:58:46 PM
Quote from: Olgaris on February 18, 2009, 06:54:52 PM

-If they leave it frequently enough that they can be tracked by it I'd say it's too much. You should be able to stroll through the wilderness at a leisurely rate without leaving a pile every room.

-Maybe a cap on how much they drop per room would be a good idea, in the interest of clan stables not overfilling. That or have it decompose quickly. (Though either might defeat the purpose of the code I guess)

-I look forward to having the time to actually play and test some of the changes going on. *counts down the days*

You will not leave a pile in every room while strolling at a leisurely rate.

The script will handle the accumulation of poop in a room.

Quote from: Olgaris on February 18, 2009, 07:02:29 PM
Quote from: jcljules on February 18, 2009, 06:55:43 PM

Most mounts poop. Some wild animals poop. Different animals will poop with different frequency.

I bet tregils shit a lot, silly little fat things that they are.
"Don't take life too seriously, nobody ever makes it out alive anyway."