Soldiers and Squeezing, love for all

Started by mansa, August 05, 2004, 08:53:25 PM

>subdue thief
the soldier deftly subdues the thief, despite his attempts to get away

the thief attempts to flee from your grasp.

tell thief stop that

>squeeze thief
the soldier squeezes the thief in his grasps

>squeeze thief

>squeeze thief

the thief collaspes in the soldier's arms, tired out.

Anyways.  I thought it would be cool code if you could 'squeeze' someone while subduing them, and remove 5 movement points from them.  That's it.

That way, if someone is trying to flee, you don't have to kill it.  You can just squeeze them and knock down their movement points.

Yes, I know that when you attempt to 'flee' you already lose some movement points.  This is in ADDITION to that.  Sometimes, you just want to tire someone out so they don't do something stupid.

Discuss.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Without much deep thought into the matter, I say good idea.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

I say 1 hit point and 10 move and 5 stun.  You should be able to knock someone out or kill them through accidental squishings.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Quote from: "spawnloser"I say 1 hit point and 10 move and 5 stun.  You should be able to knock someone out or kill them through accidental squishings.

Agreed, though I think it should be strength dependant rather than a flat rate.
Back from a long retirement

Apply it so I will apply for a h-giant. I would find something furry and pet it and 'squeeze'.... damn! OK.. *shrug* I would find another thing furry and pet it and 'squeeze'... UH!.... I would.............................
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

I shall hug him and squeeze him and love him and call him, "George."

I don't see any reason why this would make someone tired. Break a few ribs, yes, but that's it. You're not going to "squeeze" the breath out of someone and make them exhausted. Heh.

Half-giants could likely squeeze most people to death. *shrugs* I don't like. Focus on realism in other areas before making subdue powerful enough to bypass regular combat.

Don't complain next time you -try- to break subdue and get killed, because that's the only way to keep someone from escaping, as of now.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

It should be based on strength and subdue skill for how much movement is removed.

A half-giant should squeeze out MUCH more then a human, unless that human happens to be a mighty talented wrestler.

Um.. and maybe it should cost you stamina to squeeze? Because it is tiring.. you know?
Hardon the noble subdes sexkittin borsail dominatrix, despite her attempts to get away.
Hardon the noble squeezes Sexkitten.
and so on and so forth..
later on..
Hardon the noble says was it good for you? It was good for me.

subdue can be used with mudsex? :)
l armageddon รจ la mia aggiunta.

I'd suggest:

New command like, struggle implemented to break free from subdue which would be treated differently than flee.

Affect placed on PC who uses subdue (about half of the minute) or struggle (one minute). PC can't try to subdue or struggle again until affect wears off. They receive a message explaining them being too tired or opponent too alert to try again.

I was going to suggest that delay for repeated use of disarm, but I don't want to be eaten alive by respected advocates of skill_spam_disarming.

Quote from: "sacac"subdue can be used with mudsex? :)

Absolutely. But orgasm skill, if implemented, must have appropriate delay to prevent abuse.

I like the squeeze Idea, I think some people may however, be taking it wrongly. I Think what
MR. Mansa meant by squeeze was like choking him/her in your grasp, like a headlock. You can
subdue someone and keep them in a headlock which will suffocate and eventually knock them
out. I do not see how it would be unrealistic. I do believe though Size, strength and agility of
both the Subduer and Subduee should be taken into affect if such a skill were to be implemented.
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

I like it:

The pony-tailed, masked man leaps onto the enormous, dark-haired half-giant's back, wrapping his arms around his throat.

The pony-tailed, masked man subdues the enormous, dark-haired half-giant.

The enormous, dark-haired half-giant backs into a rock, crushing the pony-tailed, masked man.

The pony-tailed, masked man squeezes the enormous, dark-haired half-giant.

The enormous, dark-haired half-giant backs into the rock again.

The pony-tailed masked man squeezes the enormous, dark-haired half-giant.

The enormous, dark-haired half-giant slips into unconciousness.

Looking down at the enormous, dark-haired half-giant, the pony-tailed, masked man says in sirihish: " I don't envy you the headache you will have when you awake.  But, in the meantime, rest well... and dream of large women."

Shaking his head, the short, balding man says in sirihish: "Inconceivable!"
quote]
The one-celled, sultry amoeba says: "Oooh, baby. Yeah."
The one-celled, sultry amoeba moans in ecstasy.
The one-celled, sultry amoeba splits in half, shuddering with pleasure.[/quote]

Quote from: "Krath"I like the squeeze Idea, I think some people may however, be taking it wrongly. I Think what MR. Mansa meant by squeeze was like choking him/her in your grasp, like a headlock.
How would a headlock affect moves?
quote="CRW"]i very nearly crapped my pants today very far from my house in someone else's vehicle, what a day[/quote]

Quote from: "Reverend Jeff"I like it:

The pony-tailed, masked man leaps onto the enormous, dark-haired half-giant's back, wrapping his arms around his throat.

Hahahah.

Bravo allusion.

Quote from: "Reverend Jeff"Shaking his head, the short, balding man says in sirihish: "Inconceivable!"
Why do you keep using this word?  I do not think it means what you think it means.
Vettrock

It's out of a movie, Vettrock.

See The Princess Bride and you will know.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Vettrock -IS- quoting a line from the movie.

You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: "Dan"See The Princess Bride and you will know.
Seen it many times, one of my favorite movies.  Read the book as well.  Indigo says that to Vincinni shortly after that.
Vettrock

Quote from: "Vettrock"
Quote from: "Dan"See The Princess Bride and you will know.
Seen it many times, one of my favorite movies.  Read the book as well.  Indigo says that to Vincinni shortly after that.

Before that.  Shortly -Before- that.  Inigo says the line -after- they climb up the Cliffs of Insanity and cut the rope and the man in black does not fall.

I think that perhaps in this instance playability should take precedence over reality, in so much as mansa's point was not realism, but finding a somewhat reasonable alternative to killing someone to "subdue" them.

The usefulness of something like that, to me, outweighs the necessity of everything "making perfect sense."

And, it's Inigo ;)
iggin dis

It is definitely not difficult to choke someone out that you have subdued.
quote="Larrath"]"On the 5th day of the Ascending Sun, in the Month of Whira's Very Annoying And Nearly Unreachable Itch, Lord Templar Mha Dceks set the Barrel on fire. The fire was hot".[/quote]

I dislike this greatly, solely because subdue is unrealistically easy. Its failure to take the skill of an armed man in defending himself into account has been discussed to death on many another thread. I do believe the reason that the ability to draw weapons while subduing someone was removed was because people did abuse it, and I believe that this would be abused in exactly the same way.

Quirk
I am God's advocate with the Devil; he, however, is the Spirit of Gravity. How could I be enemy to divine dancing?

I'm all for the idea of being able to 'squeeze' someone your subdoing. It would solve the getting away from guards and getting killed problem and would make for some fun roleplay. Choking someone out and whatnot
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Quote from: "Lazloth"
Quote from: "Krath"I like the squeeze Idea, I think some people may however, be taking it wrongly. I Think what MR. Mansa meant by squeeze was like choking him/her in your grasp, like a headlock.
How would a headlock affect moves?

I don't think it would be the headlock so much as the choking. If you choke the life out of someone, they're not going to be able to run for atleast several minutes while they regain both their breath and their balance from being light-headed. Do that enough, I don't think anyone would struggle very much, you know?
ocking a fake scream, the badass scorpion exclaims to you, in
sirihish:
"Ah! Scorpions! I pissed my Wyvern trousers! Ah!"

I've seen it done before, just make sure the mud has a delay between squeeze, so someone can't spam ten million squeezes and have someone down in a second.

QuoteI don't see any reason why this would make someone tired. Break a few ribs, yes, but that's it. You're not going to "squeeze" the breath out of someone and make them exhausted. Heh.

Yes, um, you can, actually.  kthx.  Try running with no breath.

This idea gets a big phat ol Malifaxis Stamp 'o Approval.  It should definitely be strength based, but with an opposed check... I mean, if my dwarf somehow subdued your half-giant, I really don't think there's any fucking way I can keep that half giant from breathing except by leaping bodily down his throat.  Yet that same dwarf could easily choke out a certain spindly ass kuraci merchant.   BOOYAH.

In clearer terms, half giant X with a strength of above average can squeeze little joe militia human for 30 hp, 50 stun, 200 movement... but when he tries to wrassle with Bonnie The HG Prostitute, he's only doing 2hp, 13 stun, and 15 movement... because her strength is much closer to his.

And on the subject of headlocks and choke holds... specialized subdue commands would fucking ROCK MY JOCK OFF.  So if you don't want me breeding, and I'm sure you don't... code this.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

I like it, but I wonder.

Would it be a command anybody can use or a skill, and iff a skill, can anybody use it with some affect and the people with it would just be much better or would it be all or nothing?

Myself, I see it as a skill but anybody can use with effect, just people with the skill would be MUCH better at it...eventually...or maybe even be able to decide what type of damage to do, HP/stun/stam.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

I might be insupport of this if it was a branched skill or possibly functioned from a pre-existing skill with the normal skill-checks.
-X-_

> sing (dancing around with a wand in one hand) Put that together and what do you got?  Ximminy Xamminy, Ximminy Xamminy, Ximminy Xamminy Xoo!