Soldiers and Squeezing, love for all

Started by mansa, August 05, 2004, 08:53:25 PM

I'm all for the idea of being able to 'squeeze' someone your subdoing. It would solve the getting away from guards and getting killed problem and would make for some fun roleplay. Choking someone out and whatnot
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Quote from: "Lazloth"
Quote from: "Krath"I like the squeeze Idea, I think some people may however, be taking it wrongly. I Think what MR. Mansa meant by squeeze was like choking him/her in your grasp, like a headlock.
How would a headlock affect moves?

I don't think it would be the headlock so much as the choking. If you choke the life out of someone, they're not going to be able to run for atleast several minutes while they regain both their breath and their balance from being light-headed. Do that enough, I don't think anyone would struggle very much, you know?
ocking a fake scream, the badass scorpion exclaims to you, in
sirihish:
"Ah! Scorpions! I pissed my Wyvern trousers! Ah!"

I've seen it done before, just make sure the mud has a delay between squeeze, so someone can't spam ten million squeezes and have someone down in a second.

QuoteI don't see any reason why this would make someone tired. Break a few ribs, yes, but that's it. You're not going to "squeeze" the breath out of someone and make them exhausted. Heh.

Yes, um, you can, actually.  kthx.  Try running with no breath.

This idea gets a big phat ol Malifaxis Stamp 'o Approval.  It should definitely be strength based, but with an opposed check... I mean, if my dwarf somehow subdued your half-giant, I really don't think there's any fucking way I can keep that half giant from breathing except by leaping bodily down his throat.  Yet that same dwarf could easily choke out a certain spindly ass kuraci merchant.   BOOYAH.

In clearer terms, half giant X with a strength of above average can squeeze little joe militia human for 30 hp, 50 stun, 200 movement... but when he tries to wrassle with Bonnie The HG Prostitute, he's only doing 2hp, 13 stun, and 15 movement... because her strength is much closer to his.

And on the subject of headlocks and choke holds... specialized subdue commands would fucking ROCK MY JOCK OFF.  So if you don't want me breeding, and I'm sure you don't... code this.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

I like it, but I wonder.

Would it be a command anybody can use or a skill, and iff a skill, can anybody use it with some affect and the people with it would just be much better or would it be all or nothing?

Myself, I see it as a skill but anybody can use with effect, just people with the skill would be MUCH better at it...eventually...or maybe even be able to decide what type of damage to do, HP/stun/stam.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

I might be insupport of this if it was a branched skill or possibly functioned from a pre-existing skill with the normal skill-checks.
-X-_

> sing (dancing around with a wand in one hand) Put that together and what do you got?  Ximminy Xamminy, Ximminy Xamminy, Ximminy Xamminy Xoo!