Bringing animals into town.

Started by Kill4Free, August 05, 2004, 05:26:56 PM

I'm not sure about the north, but in the south, most 'windows' are actually narrow slits or small holes.  I always assumed it was the same in the north, but I actually think I'm probably wrong, now that I think about it.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Okay, so now you've blocked the windows with a carnivore that's leaving parts of his food (which will start to rot) as well as his shit'n'piss all over the apartment...and there's NO ventilation?
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Now that I think about it, it is the same in the north as well, save the main taverns, they have massive stained glass windows.
May God have mercy on my foes, because I wont.

So it has IC consequences, Spawnloser.  It can still be done.  I don't see what your big gripe is.

Once again, I think the thread should lockdown and this continue as a private discussion between kill4free and the immortals, since -we- have -no- say in what can and can't be done in instances like these.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Rofl@spawnloser
Seriously, if you close all your windows, will you sufficate in your sleep :P

And obviously I will have to clean up after him, I wouldnt want my stock ruined.  But that is IC complications, and also very easily handled ICly.

Quote from: "Armaddict"So it has IC consequences, Spawnloser.  It can still be done.  I don't see what your big gripe is.

I don't think it could be done the way he's suggesting.

And most of the IC consequences would require an immortal to create, therefore I don't think he should do it.
Back from a long retirement

*sigh*

This is why I keep saying -we- should shut up, and -he- should speak with the immortals about it.

The complications dont HAVE to be made, they are like vNPC's and can be handled by just emoting, sweeps the floor, or something and wait a few minutes.

The only real complication that would involve a Imm, is to smuggle him into my apartment (that is if the guards can still see in pure darkness, or a sandstorm), and, possibly to make him not attack me after he has been "trained".

Yo, Armaddict, I just voiced some possible difficulties so calm down.  If you think we should stop discussing the topic, stop responding.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

The Sap&Subdue method has some problems. For example, while you are subduing something your defense is low, so if something else attacks you then you will be in trouble -- you will have to release the raptor and draw your weapon before you even start defending yourself.

If you want to get a dangerous animal past the gates you can do it if you put the animal in a wagon or a cage.  Large cages are not generally availble in shops, but you might be able to special order one.  A cage would also allow you to actually live in your apartment, as you could put the raptor in the cage when you are at home which would allow you to sleep or entertain guests in safety.

You might want to reconsider your training program.  If you manage to teach the raptor not to attack you then it might generalize that training to include all humanoids.  So when that thief comes to steal your furnature, the raptor will just cower in the corner until he goes away.

Training wild animals works better if you start with a young animal.  You might have better luck if you start with a raptor egg rather than an adult raptor.

Just a thought.

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

You guys are so gullible...

This is all just a scheme to make burglars paranoid.

Flippin' IDIOTS!

Hmm, cage, that would solve a lot of problems.  I would release him when I leave the room, and when I get back, I can smack him, then put him into the cage :).

Uh... what if your raptor tears your apartment all up and breaks down the door?

That would suck.

Oh man, that one takes the biscuit.   I'm going to suicide my character and special app to be this guy's guard raptor.

Have fun emoting out wrecking his house and idling in his locked room.

Maybe you can kill him, though.

Ill give you lots of meat!

Be aware that local law enforcement (and your landlord) will probably hold YOU responsible for any damage done by an animal you bring into the city.  So if a thief breaks into your apartment, releasing the raptor, and then runs away your raptor may wander out of your apartment and kill random citizens.  Most Templars will consider you responsible for those deaths, just as though you murdered them yourself.  

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

In my personal experience, Immortals LOVE an excuse to cover your character's room in shit, piss, torn objects, and chewed up wicker chairs. And it was some of the most hilariously fun times I have ever had playing Armag.

So just be willing to suffer the realistic consequences.

Nothing is impossible, but plenty is implausible. Think like your character would and you should be okay. Think like someone going "ooh, I want a pet <entertypeofanimalhere> to snuggle and love and hug" without thinking of the realistic consequences, and you'll probably suffer for it.

Unless you are going to tether the raptor and muzzle it I really think this is an unrealistic idea.  The whole notion of 'oh I can just knock it out every day' is silly and based on a code-first view of the game.

Or not.  It's called training it.