For Sailor Mars, about Merchant Houses

Started by Bestatte, June 29, 2004, 10:22:02 AM

For Sailor Mars about docs on the merchant houses:

There isn't any one document that explains economy, but instead it looks like it's scatttered over a few different docs. I think it would be great to have "The Merchant Houses" as a single doc, with an easy link from the Introductory Information page. But until then - here's a few references:

http://www.armageddon.org/intro/allanak.html (specifically the "Economy" section)

http://www.armageddon.org/intro/north.html (beginning with the 5th paragraph)

http://www.armageddon.org/intro/luirs.html (most of the page)

http://www.armageddon.org/intro/redstorm.html (2nd paragraph)

And the helpfiles:

house_delann
house_kadius
house_kurac
house_salarr

Who is house delann?? Are they even in existance anymore??

THe Pink Rhino holds out a large pink foot and squashs a small stall.

Also house House_Nenyuk is a merchant house as well.
Quote from: jmordetskySarah's TALZEN Makeup Bag–YOU MAY NOT PASS! YOU ARE DEFILED WITH A Y CHROMOSOME, PENIS WIELDER! ATTEMPT AGAIN AND YOU WILL BE STRUCK DEAD!
Quote from: JollyGreenGiant"C'mon, attack me with this raspberry..."

Yes it is, but if you go to the help files and type "merchant" in the search engine, you won't find a help file entitled "house_nenyuk" listed.

I only looked for things that an energetic New Player would find with only *some* effort - not anything people would need to read layers and layers and try a myriad of different keywords to find a single paragraph on.

There's stuff about the merchant houses in the history section as well. and as I said previously, scattered throughout the website.

Delann is closed.
But it was a player built clan I believe.
And I also believe that delann was the first kadius and salarr and kurac house.
But then it died and the other three emerged (Correct me if i am wrong) I believe I heard that somewhere.
l armageddon è la mia aggiunta.

from the help file
QuoteWhen the once-wealthy merchant house of Kohmar fell, it was purchased by several free-lance merchants who, after renaming it, attempted to carry on its lucrative trade in hunting supplies. Their efforts were largely unsuccessful, and Delann's only remaining holdings are a small stall in Luir's Outpost and the former Reynolte Vineyard.

Though that's outdated since Tuluk has a Delann merchant building as well.

That was rather nice of you of you to dig up. Thank you. :)

What about that obscure one starting with a V in Allanak?
color=darkred][size=9]Complaints of unfairness on the part of
other players will not be given an audience.
If you think another character was mean
to you, you're most likely right.[/color][/size]

Valika. They're not a merchant house. They're a high-tier noble house who get down and dirty with the city finances and trade of the city's resources.

QuoteValika. They're not a merchant house. They're a high-tier noble house who get down and dirty with the city finances and trade of the city's resources.

I found the name: Voryeki. Any "everyone would know this" info about them? Thanks. :)

I think Voryek's trade is mainly in finely crafted oddities, like little figurines and such.  They also seem to work in wood alot compared to most Southern merchants.

Voryek makes all it's money off it's statues that it sells from it's one stall in the Bazaar.  ha ha hah a haha hahahaa

Voryek is an Allanaki -merchant- house that has an estate.  I'm sure in the next few days the Immortals will write up something more about this very mysterious house.

Oh yeah.  And...some recent RPT about something.   Wanna buy a statue?
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: "Bestatte"from the help file
QuoteWhen the once-wealthy merchant house of Kohmar fell, it was purchased by several free-lance merchants who, after renaming it, attempted to carry on its lucrative trade in hunting supplies. Their efforts were largely unsuccessful, and Delann's only remaining holdings are a small stall in Luir's Outpost and the former Reynolte Vineyard.

Though that's outdated since Tuluk has a Delann merchant building as well.

Well, yes, Bestatte.  When the immortals closed down the 'Vineyard' the just moved all the NPC sellers that were there into Friel's Rest, which became the 'merchant's quartre of Tuluk.  So, the old spice seller, the toy store, the mount seller, and the delann shop all moved.  The only thing that didn't move was the old bar.  I miss that old bar.  I once hid a templar's medallion in the 'beds' upstairs to find with my next character.  I was such a twink back in the day.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Yep.

Merchant House Voryek is the little Merchant House (it only has one color; brown) that sells the apparently very profitable wooden figurines.  Sigh, I should really make a reference sheet.
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

Quote from: "mansa"Voryek makes all it's money off it's statues that it sells from it's one stall in the Bazaar.  ha ha hah a haha hahahaa

Voryek is an Allanaki -merchant- house that has an estate.  I'm sure in the next few days the Immortals will write up something more about this very mysterious house.

It is a conspiracy!  The statue stall is just a front for a secret clan of rogue librarians!  Check out the history page:  

"Chronology of the Known World, as compiled by house slaves of Voryek."

Uh huh.

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Quote from: "Angela Christine"
Quote from: "mansa". . .

It is a conspiracy!  The statue stall is just a front for a secret clan of rogue librarians!  Check out the history page:  

"Chronology of the Known World, as compiled by house slaves of Voryek."

Uh huh.

AC

>
Agent_137 says, "I smell the illuminati!"
>
An arrow flies in from the west and strikes Agent_137 in the throat*
>
Agent_137 gurgles and coughs before he collapses to the floor in a pool of blood.
>
You gasp.
>

Thanks to everyone that answered. Hey immers, mebbe this is a new helpfile in the making? A consolidated page with general info about the merchant houses? Just a thought. :)

House Voryek, I believe, is a minor merchant house which makes most of its money selling art (in fact, I think they technically hold the Monopoly on "Art"), and very likely sell related things, like art supplies, paper, quills, etc. Sure there isn't much of a market for it in the bazarr in Allanak...but on the other hand, commissioned works by the Noble Houses and City-states likely run into the tens of thousands of sid.

At least, thats what -I- know of them, offhand.
Tlaloc
Legend