On the price of T&A...

Started by Jacques, May 26, 2004, 08:58:34 AM

I really don't now why this occurred to me, but it's something I wanted to get a few opinions about.

Scenario: The rough and tumble mercenary has just come back from a successful job, and has a pouch full of 'sid that he plans to piss away on booze and women. Well, we know how much the booze costs (thanks to the list command), but the next morning, hung over but smiling, when the guy wants to brag about the "best XX 'sid I ever spent", how much are we talking here? What IS the going rate for whores in the major population centers? Any ideas? (A range will be fine here)

And since not all prostitutes are created equal, and price probably varies accordingly, let's divide them up into the following categories for the sake of discussion:

1) Look... a free disease with every visit!
2) Well, she's no looker, but she's still got all her parts.
3) Just another working girl, but good at what she does.
4) Wow... even her underwear is silk.
5) Are you SURE she's not a noble?

Any ideas? It will greatly help my ability with my current and future characters to brag about a wild night of drunken debauchery. Or to lament not having enough to take that feisty young thing to a private room.

These are all estimates, and keep in mind that they vary tremendously between each prostitute and for each customer.

1) The cheapest, diseased 'rinthi whores will generally go for ten 'sid, sometimes even less.

2) A common prostitute is probably not more than fifty 'sid, but can go as high as a hundred.

3) A 'good' prostitute will probably be in the vicinity of a hundred and fifty.

4) The very best prostitutes really have no upper limit, but I'd say that the average price would be around five hundred.

There -has- been an uber whore PC, by the way, who charged a thousand a lay, but that is considered to be very expensive, even for her category.

Again, the prices vary greatly and generally apply for PCs who may or may not have been overcharging.  (PC 'rinthis will probably charge more than ten 'sid though...maybe thirty).
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

Hint: In the north exists a certain NPC you can "Talk" to. I recommend, if you are in the north, that you do so. You'll find what you seek.

The estimates Larrath provides seem reasonable.  I'd point out that only 50% of the Zalanthan whores are female, though.

So...do we wish up acting for the prostitute to be animated by a staff member?
hake: He's in a better place now.
Frylock: He's in the grille of that truck!

Quote from: "Meatwad"So...do we wish up acting for the prostitute to be animated by a staff member?

HAHAHAHAHAHHA.

Oh that's rich.

HAHAHAHH.

Good stuff.

*wipes a tear*

If you can't find a PC whore, just do it virtual style. Give the npc some of your sids and call it a night.

Ahh no way, I, the player, want my character, a playa, to have some descriptive interactions so that I can be entertained for the sid it cost.  What am I talking about...

Well now I'm wondering about kank's being animated for similar situations...
Hey, can I special app a kank?  That'd be fun.

Quote from: "Larrath"There -has- been an uber whore PC, by the way, who charged a thousand a lay, but that is considered to be very expensive, even for her category.

Having played said whore I can tell you this, that sort of pay came with "perks" (no pun intended) that regular whores couldn't afford to give, it also guaranteed a certain kind of clientele.  It all depends on the market your John is frequenting and don't forget, whores haggle too. Everything is negotiable on Zalanthas. :)
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Show off.
:P
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

Quote from: "Meatwad"Ahh no way, I, the player, want my character, a playa, to have some descriptive interactions so that I can be entertained for the sid it cost.  What am I talking about...
There are PC whores in game currently, you just have to know where to find them. Also remember that a PC doesn't -have- to be a whore to accept coin for time spent, nothing's stopping you from offering a cute female some sid just to kank or dance. Seek and ye shall find.  :)

Quote from: "Larrath"Show off.
:P
I'm sure I'll make another whore sometime, mabe a rinther one everyone can afford!
With the stench that clings to the maze-like streets outside seeping into the hovel, the pustuled, scrawny whore winks at you as she swings her slaver's whip off to her side, her sores gleaming in the lantern light.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Of all the professions out there, whore's do have a hard time of it as PC's, since they can only get coin for services rendered, and the only people asking for the service are PC's, since NPC's are not animated constantly for anyone.  I can see it being difficult to play a low-class prostitute.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Quote from: "spawnloser"...whore's ... can only get coin for services rendered...
?
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Okay, sorry...they can get coin in other ways, but if you are playing a whore that does other work, that's kinda cheating the concept, I think.

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Quote from: "ShaLeah"Also remember that a PC doesn't -have- to be a whore to accept coin for time spent, nothing's stopping you from offering a cute female some sid just to kank or dance. Seek and ye shall find.  :)

Heh.   My very first PC (who was anything but cute) was sitting in a tavern when some guy sized her up and said "How much?"   She kind of shook her head and rolled her eyes.    When he persisted, she made some kind of smartass comment that he didn't have enough.   Then he offered 300 sid which, apparently, was enough.
So if you're tired of the same old story
Oh, turn some pages. - "Roll with the Changes," REO Speedwagon

Oh man, flurry, that's a funny story.

Quote from: "flurry"When he persisted, she made some kind of smartass comment that he didn't have enough.   Then he offered 300 sid which, apparently, was enough.
That is a beautiful quote.

Maybe the PC is a part-time whore?  Just trying to get a little extra for...whatever he or she needs a little more than she's earning.  Same with thieves who work somewhere else.

Like her mother's dialysis ?

hehehe I wanna make a assasin/whore character!

Maybe they just do it cause they like it.. the sid is just a bonus.  :wink:

my 2nd char was an assasin whore.. sadly.. my first client was a thief and stole my dagger before I could even think about doing anything with it... later on my sid came up missing. I assume he got his moneys worth. *sigh*
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

hehe yeah right now Im in the Academy getting bitched out cuz I didnt bow fast enough for Lady Borsail earlier....(sigh)

heheh. You should join the byn. Now bowing, just lots of saluting.

Oh, and careful with that, it's a pinch IC. :mrgreen:  Ya don't want people pickin' up on who you are currently playing, well, maybe you don't care. . .i generally don't, but it's best to leave current events to your current character in game.  at least, that's the feeling i get. I'm kinda new myself.

But then, saying that your usually in the barrel drinking, to me that's ok. It's no worse than clanners making appointment times ooc.

Krath, i just derailed this thread, didn't i? forget i ever said this.

Quote from: "Anonymous"Like her mother's dialysis ?

That gag's got whiskers on it.
quote="Larrath"]"On the 5th day of the Ascending Sun, in the Month of Whira's Very Annoying And Nearly Unreachable Itch, Lord Templar Mha Dceks set the Barrel on fire. The fire was hot".[/quote]