Yes.
16 (14.4%)
No.
95 (85.6%)

Total Members Voted: 102

Voting closed: May 02, 2004, 05:18:23 PM

Little bodycount heh.
Did you die in the HRPT today?
"People survive by climbing over anyone who gets in their way, by cheating, stealing, killing, swindling, or otherwise taking advantage of others."
-Ginka

"Don't do this. I can't believe I have to write this post."
-Rathustra

Awesome HRPT really enjoyed it as much as I saw.  My only gripe is that I died to what must have been a keyword error, someone typed "kill blah" just after another guy fled.  My PC got nailed by a group of auto-assisting NPCs and basically pop goes the mantis head before I could flee.  Such is the bitter fate of a text MUD and the fog of war.

To the above guest, I'm sorry. I feel kind bad since I think that was me.  Good luck with your next character.

*wrinkles his nose*

I could have rp'd it out better, but I couldn't think.  I didn't die to the actual RPT, but rather for doing something I -believe- is rather common in the situation.

What can you do, though?  *Begins plotting with his next character*
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

My last post on the subject.  To "Another Guest", all is forgiven.  Shit happens and I'm actually happier knowing it was just an honest mistake rather than assuming so.  Time to think up a new character to top that last one.

PS:  Next time try using assist  :wink:

I just died to a keyword thing...someone joined a battle with the same keyword as the enemy. I didn't know they were there until my pc suddenly attacked them and became wanted...then was knocked out by an npc unit before I got a chance to type flee.

I'm going to go cry like a little bitch now. :cry:

Actually, I'm very surprised that I didn't die. But like I was telling someone in the chat room. I really thing that some time this week I'm going to do something completely dumb and die.  My luck is bad like that.
 got caught at school with my hands down my pants and had to keep it down there for  a whole week.......What a week!
~Chris, Family Guy

I'm working on it.

There seem to have been a lot of difficulties with keywords and just general messups with the "wanted" code. Saw several cases where people got mixed up with friendly fire incidents. Was very weird - you'd think we could all tell the difference.

Never gone from completely healthy to dead in a single line of text before. It's a somewhat unique experience.

Still... HRPT was pretty fun. I don't envy those of you that lived the headaches and nightmares you're gonna have.  :twisted:

I didn't die, but I had fun fighting Mantis, Meks, and Gaj. Sheesh! It's a wonder I lived through all of it, but I did. My PC will be having nightmares for years, not to mention new permanent scars.  :twisted:
Surrender!"
"You mean you wish to surrender to me? Very well, I accept."

No. Work sucks. Bastards

I had a lot of chances to die, but everyone else took my chances away and used them :( *Shrug*
Good news though, I multiplyed my nenyuk account balance by like 800 times :)
l armageddon รจ la mia aggiunta.

Skellies and zombies and mantis, oh my!  :shock:

i almost died from dehydration after I arrived in tuluk AFTER the big battle was over. Got down to 30 health.

I would have been so pissed if i died. Hard ride straight from allanak only to die from lack of water IN tuluk. GRRRRRRRRR.

Lucky it didn't happen, eh? :shock:

Didn't die. I'm amazed I didn't actually. After my non-fighter character was forced to tangle with Mantises and a fekkin Mek, I'm wondering just how I made it.

Awsome HRPT though. This was my first one and I'm already looking forward to the next one.

I did have a friend get whipped to death by an engry half-giant though... Poor guy decided to loot the wrong body I guess.
 am a benevolent tyrannt.

Yeah I got killed by an NPC mob in a friendly fire thing...I think, but I re-apped right after that. I know the drill.
Just like the white winged dove,
Sings a song
Sounds like she's singing
Oooo,ooo, ooo

Yeah, I lived through it all to die afterwards. Sigh. Im going to miss that character. Well, c'est la vie. I re-apped too.

This is a Me too post.
 wish I was witty enough to have something here.  Alas.

You left out the "I wish" option, I hate my fucking character and I was horribly dissapointed to find out that I overslept by about an hour and a half. Goddamnit.

Lets still remember to keep ic things off the board. Not everyone knows about the things mentioned above ;)
"People survive by climbing over anyone who gets in their way, by cheating, stealing, killing, swindling, or otherwise taking advantage of others."
-Ginka

"Don't do this. I can't believe I have to write this post."
-Rathustra

I died.  (sighing deeply as he stands over his recently looted corpse)
All I have to say is don't try to do something you have never done before
just because a leader tells you to.   Ah well it was my first character.  He was
kinda a dwebby (sp)  guy, but I rather liked him.  I only wish I had seen more
of the battle, but I did get a few hits in.  I wonder if everybody remembers
thier first character?  Drink a few ales for the fallen.  Hell get plastered for
them.   btw. That rocked.
quote="Morgenes"]
Quote from: "The Philosopher Jagger"You can't always get what you want.
[/quote]

I imagine that the most popular command during the HRPT was 'get all corpse'  :D

Quote from: "TripleX"I imagine that the most popular command during the HRPT was 'get all corpse'  :D
Like the who command last HRPT, the "get all corpse" command had to be disabled for this HRPT because it was causing too much lag.

(kidding)

The worst is dying the day before and missing it all.

I didn't die, considering it was a new character in the front line I foudn that a bit wierd. I was glad I got to stay around long enough to see almost the whole thing... spent the last 10 minutes of the battle with some guy holding in my entrails on some table in a tavern  :(

The HRPT was great though, along with my new bank account :wink:
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."