Force Feed Mansa

Started by mansa, March 20, 2004, 11:49:15 PM

But who in zalanthas would think to do that! ShaLeah excluded of course!

Quote from: "Gilvar"But who in zalanthas would think to do that! ShaLeah excluded of course!

Well, nobody really. I was just contributing to the general intellectual benefit of the playerbase. Well, and also setting up a Mansa-gets-a-banana-in-the-butt joke. I would say the anal mucus membranes would not be something that is common knowledge.

The number of off-color jokes I want to make right now is simply overwhelming.

-S

Quote from: "saikun"Sooo... if Ness wanted to code it so you could give poison antedotes (not bananas) to Mansa anally... I'd say it was a medically realistic option

Would we still have to wait for that damn inconvenient "being unconscious" part?

Seeker
Sitting in your comfort,
You don't believe I'm real,
But you cannot buy protection
from the way that I feel.

So, this has festered for a while in the backpages of this thread, and I'm going to restate it.

When people are dying of hunger and thirst, (and that doesn't happen much, but it does happen), and they are in the 'critical' stage of life, being below 0 hit points, how can people help them?

Must they wish up for assistance, or would there be some 'command' that can be introduced into the game to make it available for us to not bother the immortals?
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Yeah, a whole code addition doesn't seem so necessary for something that you can normally just wish up for or play out along the lines of the fact that they were too far gone to get any help.
Quote from: jmordetskySarah's TALZEN Makeup Bag–YOU MAY NOT PASS! YOU ARE DEFILED WITH A Y CHROMOSOME, PENIS WIELDER! ATTEMPT AGAIN AND YOU WILL BE STRUCK DEAD!
Quote from: JollyGreenGiant"C'mon, attack me with this raspberry..."

anytime something simple can be coded to replace a wish i'm all for it.

let's idea this in game and hope a coder takes a liking to it.

I'm pretty sure if you place something small and solid along the part of the tongue in the back of the mouth and hold the mouth shut, you swallow by reflex.

Make more advanced actions, like feeding large objects and liquid substances dependent upon your bandaging skill.
Any questions, comments, or condemnations to an eternity of fiery torment?

Waving a hammer, the irate, seething crafter says, in rage-accented sirihish :
"Be impressed.  Now!"

Here's the problem about wishing up: it takes time, sometimes.

Not too long ago I was rushing to help a PC who had been poisoned. My character had the antidote in a vial, but by the time I got to the poisoned guy, his poison had already made him collapse into a critical state where he couldn't drink the vial anymore.

I wished up, but it was an off-peak time and nobody was able to respond before the unfortunate PC died while I stood there and watched. :P And even if there had been imms on, it's not fair to expect them always to be able to respond fast enough anyway.

I really do think something like this would be helpful.
subdue thread
release thread pit

I have been involved in a situation similar to yours, Jherlen. I found the staff quite responsive and helpful in the matter. It -was- during peak hours though, so that is a factor.

I'm for the skill. For now though, I think wishing up for help is appropriate until the skill itself is added.

Edited for irrelevance.

I can see it working yeah. Great idea Mansa.

I love this idea.
Quote from: Riev on June 12, 2019, 02:20:04 PM
Do you kill your sparring partners once they are useless to you, so that you are king?