Started by Tamarin, February 09, 2004, 05:04:10 PM

More world?

Yay
46 (63%)
Nay
27 (37%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Voting closed: February 09, 2004, 05:04:10 PM

Do you think what is currently "the known world" should be expanded?  Perhaps some new areas in the north or south to explore/interact with?
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

Dude.  There's so many other places in the world that you haven't been to, so far, and now you're asking about an expansion...

There is so much already....sooooo much!
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Well, of course: yes...

But yea...I mean....There is soooo much I know I haven't seen.
If you gaze for long enough into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

www.j03m.com

Quote from: "uberjazz"Do you think what is currently "the known world" should be expanded?  Perhaps some new areas in the north or south to explore/interact with?

No.
Carnage
"We pay for and maintain the GDB for players of ArmageddonMUD, seeing as
how you no longer play we would prefer it if you not post anymore.

Regards,
-the Shade of Nessalin"

I'M ONLY TAKING A BREAK NESSALIN, I SWEAR!

Do you mean just wilderness or more towns?  The cities we have now could still use more players, so adding more wouldn't make sense.  More wilderness would be great.  I think its a bit silly that you can travel from one side of the world to the other in 2-3 IC days.  Though, if the world was expanded, it'd also reduce how often people run into eachother outside cities.  I can't really pick yes or no on this one.

Wilderness.  Definitely mostly wilderness, with maybe a few small outposts along the lines of blackwing size, or the mul outpost.  Nothing that needs PC support.
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

I know there's a bloody lot of wilderness already, but I certainly wouldn't mind an additional fifty rooms between 'nak and Tuluk, so count my yay vote as such.

Quote from: "uberjazz"Do you think what is currently "the known world" should be expanded?  Perhaps some new areas in the north or south to explore/interact with?

Be patient. I do believe the world is slowly expanding, over the course of several years.

I'd kinda like to see some sort of town or village run by those who don't care for laws...basically a get in good with those that run it or watch your own ass.....

Well, we do have Allanak.

I was thinking of something worse I suppose...harsh and brutal right?
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

Hmmm........

Would it make much sense icly for there to add 50 rooms between the tow major cities? I think there is already enough stuff out there, you just have to go and get it, but, I votded yes. Still, why would we want a bigger place to react in and such? I just put yes, for maybe a coded way to get across certain places, mountains, silt sea, and stuff like that, it would be fun.
uppers.

QuoteI'd kinda like to see some sort of town or village run by those who don't care for laws...basically a get in good with those that run it or watch your own ass.....

I'd like to see a village with no crime code... leave it up to the players to enforce the law. It probably wouln't work too well, though. The PCs would probably just run around slaughtering the NPCs, heh.  :roll:  

Besides, there are places that like this around already, namely the 'rinth.

Anyway, there's enough area already. Any more would be inaccessible to most players, really, and would have to be opened up with storylines.

There is really two ways expansion can go.  You can add on OR you can add in.  I personally think the staff probably does a little of both already.  Is there too little world right now?
No
Do we need to ask them to hurry up and move expansion highr on the priority list?
No.
Why? Because in the ten years or so I've been playing I have not seen it all.  Infact I havn't EVEN seen all of what was there ten years ago.  That means more has been added and I've not even caught up yet!

I vote yah, but I know Imm's are adding on already cause of the Weekly Updates somewhere there is new land, I think I've seen something like 12 new rooms in the past month/two weeks, something like that. So I think its going along fine. I want to explore, but I don't think I could even make a Char' concept till like 3 or 4 Char's down the line like that. Boo :(
Quote from: FiveDisgruntledMonkeys
Don't enter the Labyrinth.
They don't call it the Screaming Mantis Tavern to be cute. It's called foreshadowing. First there's screaming, then mantis head.

I'd like to see more places made coded.

I don't know how much is virtual, and how much is coded. But I'm pretty sure there are places (within Allanak) that are virtual. Do I know for sure? Of course not. After all, I've never had to go there ;)

But I get the feeling they are virtual. Reason I say that is wasn't Nenyuk's compound only recently coded? (as in the past 6months. I'm pretty sure I remember seeing something to that affect in a WU).

As some one said earlier:

Expansion that doesn't rely on PC involvement to be useful is good. (i.e. wilderness, secret areas in cities)

Expansion that needs PC involvement is bad. (i.e. cities)

I would also like to suggest the idea of recruiting more people to play. But then that might eventually lead to server overload and the necessity of paying to play. But I digress...

I vote YES to expansion, knowing this thread is mostly irrelevant: the imms are expanding as is, and are busy enough without us begging for more rooms to never see.

More land and cities mean, less PC in each of them.  

If there would be around 100 people online at average, that would be a good idea but...
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. -MT

27103- Number of rooms..
400- The amount I have seen so far.. :)
Quote from: Cutthroat on September 30, 2008, 10:15:55 PM
> forage artifacts

You find a rusty, armed landmine and pick it up.

Quote from: "Delstro"27103- Number of rooms..
400- The amount I have seen so far.. :)
Delstro

You'll see more.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

I'm for more details in rooms.   Changing deserts, and dangers within the sands.  A few worthless objects here and there.  Maybe just make the sands cost four times the movement points.... We don't need more rooms.  Just a different perspective of the deserts.  If movement costs were higher,  there would be less overhunting.  As I understand the world, it's too large for any one character to totally explore.   Tiny details, and secret passages are the expansion I'd like to see.  Foods, poisons, flora and fauna.  Not endless rooms.  Well.  I'd like to be able to explore the Sea of Silt.  Beyond that, DETAILS!
Yc

If you are talking about expanding out, I say it is a waste of time.  The world is big enough.  When you get to the fringes of it there is the 'aww cool' factor, but the number of characters I have that have been able to appreciate it have been small.  I don't see it as a great use of resouces to add in more things to the edge.

On the other hand, I do very much like the idea of expanding and adding into what is already inbetween the major populace zones.  Sprinkle a few more out door quit zones, give old areas a make over to make them more interesting, expand the distance between 'nak and Tuluk, and I think you have a winning combination.  If you were to draw a line around Tuluk, Cenyar, Red Storm East, Red Storm, the west of Allanaki desert, and the desert Outpost, and just fill in what is there, I think you would not only have more then enough work for a life time, but also have that work appreciated by a much greater audience.  In particular, I would love to see the rout between Allanak and Tuluk really given a good make over.  From what I have seen that is basically where things have been headed, which is the right direction in my opinion.

I'm all for expanding distances between all the major areas, though I find the game has TONS of quit safe areas, too many IMO, though if the number stayed the same and area increased, that would be cool.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Those quit rooms are necessary so people don't suffer real life consequences when they have to log off. With fewer quit rooms, it's like fewer hospitals in a region - higher chance of bad outcomes.

Their may be "enough" quit spots for people that don't use mounts or pack animlas, but there are damn few that are accessable to mounts.  If you are riding, and not a ranger, and you need to quit in hurry because something came up in the real world, you are pretty much SOL.  The nearest mount-accessable quit room is often many minutes away, more if you run accross aggro NPCs on the way.

Angela Christine
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

I'm glad that there are not a massive amount of quit spots. It encourages more realistic roleplay. If you are not a ranger, stay your ass home, mothafucka.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

We already have [a place] with a lovely dock leading to the Silt Sea. In my opinion opening those areas for PC discovery rather then increasing the size of the known world will be a better option. Dying in a Silt Skimmer as a pirate seems to me a better option rather then dying in the hands of a halfling or a gith...
"A few warriors dare to challange me, if so one fewer."
---------------------------
"Train yourself to let go everything you fear to lose." Master Yoda
---------------------------
"A warrior does not let a friend face danger alone." Lt. Worf