Shade and Water
10 (11.9%)
Of Copper and Corruption
26 (31%)
The Desert Takes All
48 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 83

Voting closed: June 11, 2024, 04:09:09 PM

After much deliberation, we have created a shortlist of taglines for you to vote on. A big thank you to everyone who shared their ideas; there were many great contenders!

We have decided that we LOVE the concept of a changing tagline as the season progresses or a season-by-season tagline. With this in mind, we are voting for our 'starter' tagline, but you may see it shift as the storyline in the game evolves.

This is a quickfire poll, you have 2 days to get your votes in!

Where do these taglines get applied to?

Quote from: NinjaFruitSalad on June 09, 2024, 04:38:01 PMWhere do these taglines get applied to?

just a little strapline on the website where the murder,corruption,betrayal sits

Where did you guys come up with these, discord?

I actually really like Shade and Water because of its relevance and use in game.  But it does nothing to speak for the harshness of the environs that -make- it a traditional saying.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Well, I think 'shade and water' does indeed sound like a lovely at the beach.

To be honest though, I am really good with whatever is decided in this case. ;D

Voted for the lead 'cause I feel like it doesn't just speak to the harshness of Zalanthas that is one of its key features that draw in the people who like to play the game -- it also puts some emphasis on how at the end of the day, despite all the IC injustice and power imbalances, death is the constant equality that comes to all one way or another, sooner or later.
It's @CalmThyPalm everywhere.

If we were getting a new permanent tag I'd say desert takes all. But for the season imo the best is Of Copper and Corruption. It's actually specific to the season

They're all good- but Copper and Corruption just hits the seasons' themes so well.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

June 09, 2024, 09:30:28 PM #12 Last Edit: June 09, 2024, 09:49:09 PM by Dresan
Quote from: Bogre on June 09, 2024, 08:50:35 PMThey're all good- but Copper and Corruption just hits the seasons' themes so well.

I got the impression while the copper rush is an interesting event that might introduce a bit more metal into the world, the main event is the magic plots brewing around the magefall. In fact i thought this season was called 'Magefall' with hints about the effort setting up magickal plots within the regular updates.

Also while corruption exists, the majority of the world revolves around people just trying to survive any way they can in a defiled, half-dead world where their all choices have less than ideal outcomes. Heck, without those 'evil' defiler mindworm, or whoever might be ruling at this point, tens of thousands living in the city states would die from the invasions that would take place if they were gone.

Despite sounding a bit like an ABBA song to me, the 'desert takes all' feels like the closest to the game theme.