10 (10.5%)
Any, all of the above outside of Tuluk and Allanak
6 (6.3%)
Other, will explain
17 (17.9%)
Don't close NUTHIN'
46 (48.4%)

Total Members Voted: 95

Splitting off Halaster's topic, consider various views alluded to there.
Nessalin: At night, I stand there and watch you sleep.  With a hammer in one hand and a candy cane in the other.  Judging.

Do we have to close anything?
A rusty brown kank explodes into little bits.

Someone says, out of character:
     "I had to fix something in this zone.. YOU WEREN'T HERE 2 minutes ago :)"

I don't think you should close anything. I think it's silly that anyone who has been around through the exodus that was the first closure of Tuluk could possibly remember that and believe that consolidation works to do anything but drive players away. I can't speak for anyone but myself but I'm not playing in Tuluk or Allanak because I don't enjoy it. All of the above could close and it still wouldn't make me. The wilderness itself could close and it would only make me quit playing.

I think this is an incredibly difficult thing to put into nuance. Generally you have two parties that either want to be able to play the way they want to be able to play, and those who think consolidating the playerbase is important.

Both of these things are equally important imo. I think the number of tribes available for play should cover most flavors/playstyles of tribal that is obvious, but I also don't think opening all tribes is a good idea, especially where there is thematic overlap or redundancy. I would much rather have three playable elven tribes with incredibly recognizable and flavorful themes over 10 playable elven tribes with murky, overlapping ones. I also even think from the side of someone who plays in a tribe, it'd be nice to be in a tribe with 10 players rather than one with 3.
I was told this game was full of twinks, all I found was power gamers.

Close Allanak!

Partially shitposting. Honestly I vote for 'none of the above' but I'm half serious about Allanak.

For awhile, until it is missed, and then it can be liberated! (internally or externally).
Veteran Newbie

Poll updated to allow up to 5 votes, if multiple desired.
Nessalin: At night, I stand there and watch you sleep.  With a hammer in one hand and a candy cane in the other.  Judging.

Quote from: Nao on February 13, 2023, 10:50:32 AM

No, it's just gathering opinions is all.  Doesn't mean we will, doesn't mean we won't.  This is just asking the playerbase's opinion.
"I agree with Halaster"  -- Riev

My view is not to close things, but to have a capacity limit of player population.

In my head, I see it as this.  When a player is applying to create a character in an established clan/tribe, there's a "vibe check" for the current breakdown of active players and their primarily location zones they interact in.   If the vibe check goes beyond the stated representation of player population, the application gets put on hold until the game's player population representation sorts itself out.

This wouldn't be a check for players applying to create non-clanned characters.

I would break it down like this:
Allanak 40%
Tuluk 30%
Others 30%
I would give the vibe check a +/- 10% threshold, because it's good to have some leeway.

You can consider it like this:

Tuluk:   (30% player population +/- 10%)
- Tuluk Templars & Legion Soldiers
- Noble Houses
- - House Dasari
- - House Winrothol
- - House Tenneshi
- - House Kassigarh
- Akai Sjir
- Poets' Circle
- Merchant Houses
- - Kadius
- - Salarr
- - Kurac
- T'zai Byn Mercenary Company
- Player Created Clans

Allanak:   (40% player population +/- 10%)
- Allanaki Templars & Arm of the Dragon Soldiers
- Noble Houses
- - House Jal
- - House Rennik
- - House Valika
- - House Borsail
- - House Kasix
- - House Sath
- - House Fale
- - House Oash
- - House Tor
- The Guild
- Valuren
- Merchant Houses
- - Kadius
- - Salarr
- - Kurac
- T'zai Byn Mercenary Company
- Player Created Clans

Outside Allanak and Tuluk:    (30% player population +/- 10%)
Tribals & Raiders:
- Al'Seik      (Humans)
- Arabet       (Humans)
- Tan Muark    (Humans)
- Vru'Rihali    (Humans)
- Sun Runners  (Elves)
- Two Moons    (Elves)
- Akei'Ta Var    (Elves)
- Dune Stalkers    (Elves)
- Soh Lanah Kah    (Elves)
- Bashurit    (Thryzn)
- Crimson Wind
- Player Created Clans
Greater Merchant Houses:
- Kadius
- Salarr
- Kurac
- The Garrison
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Didn't tribes used to be open/closed on like a rotation? What happened with that?
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

You forgot the Red Fangs  :o
A rusty brown kank explodes into little bits.

Someone says, out of character:
     "I had to fix something in this zone.. YOU WEREN'T HERE 2 minutes ago :)"

I think having 1 northern delf tribe,  1 southern delf tribe, and 1 pah/luirs delf tribe is adequate. That's my only vote on it. Otherwise i just think other tribes need to have more reason to interact with the cities and it's solve a good deal of spreading thin issues.
"I stalk the shadows, I am the one who wears that friendly face. Behind your every move, there is nothing you can do. Pride yourself in the fact that you do not already rot and bake. Be prepared, I am always watching." - Allanaki Assassin

A friendly reminder that this can be demotivating for players currently in these clans. A reassurrance from staff that this is only for an assessment and wont impact clans would be beneficial

Quote from: Halaster on February 13, 2023, 11:01:26 AM
Quote from: Nao on February 13, 2023, 10:50:32 AM

No, it's just gathering opinions is all.  Doesn't mean we will, doesn't mean we won't.  This is just asking the playerbase's opinion.
Quote from: najdorf on February 13, 2023, 12:49:28 PM
A friendly reminder that this can be demotivating for players currently in these clans. A reassurrance from staff that this is only for an assessment and wont impact clans would be beneficial
"This is a game that has elves and magick, stop trying to make it realistic, you can't have them both in the same place."

"We have over 100 Unique Logins a week!" Checks who at 8pm EST, finds 20 other players but himself.  "Thanks Unique Logins!"

I empathize that it can be demotivating.  I played a white robe back when 2.Arm got announced and was told I had like a month to play.  It can suck.

But also, I for one, am SUPER glad to see staff taking player opinion into account and making decisions based on the numbers and discourse instead of treating the game like their own personal sandbox and I feel that absolutely should be encouraged.

I started when the Soh and Sun Runners were open. Man the Soh looked cool, and the Sun Runners outwardly seemed less tough/warlike (lol) but less sneaky too, in the raider sense. Then the Soh closed and the Two Moon opened. I saw an NPC animation of a Dune Stalker at this time, and just from that and the little blurb on the website, knew - I wanted to play in the tribe.

Years later I got to. I want to again. I like having options. These are the things that have kept me playing when I was invested in a character long-term and didn't want to repeat the same shit in the same area.

Closing things players are looking forward to playing is not fun. Make cities more fun to play in and people will play there more; but they still need terrors outside the gates to be scared of, and exotic traders coming in to offer strange wares and maybe fleece them.
Fallow Maks For New Elf Sorc ERP:
sad
some of y'all have cringy as fuck signatures to your forum posts

Quote from: LindseyBalboa on February 13, 2023, 01:28:17 PM
I started when the Soh and Sun Runners were open. Man the Soh looked cool, and the Sun Runners outwardly seemed less tough/warlike (lol) but less sneaky too, in the raider sense. Then the Soh closed and the Two Moon opened. I saw an NPC animation of a Dune Stalker at this time, and just from that and the little blurb on the website, knew - I wanted to play in the tribe.

Years later I got to. I want to again. I like having options. These are the things that have kept me playing when I was invested in a character long-term and didn't want to repeat the same shit in the same area.

Closing things players are looking forward to playing is not fun. Make cities more fun to play in and people will play there more; but they still need terrors outside the gates to be scared of, and exotic traders coming in to offer strange wares and maybe fleece them.

Absolutely this. Also, I would put money down that if you closed Templars you'd see more people in the cities very quickly. Nothing empties them quicker than a bad Templar.
Halaster the Shroud of Death says, out of character:
     "oh shit, lol"

Usiku, "Seemed like Jeffrey Dahmer was pretty pro at the locked apartment kill."

Where's the option to OPEN Red Storm East?!?!

Before I submit my vote on who I think should close, could we get some data about how many PC's have lasted more than four days played in the above listed tribes?

Maybe just over the course of 2022?

If we have to pick something, I would vote for whatever isn't already getting any meaningful activity.

Otherwise, I like leaving them open, mostly.
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

February 13, 2023, 01:57:01 PM #17 Last Edit: February 13, 2023, 02:00:30 PM by BadSkeelz
I'd much rather see what we have open improved (particularly the cities, but also the  existing and established human tribes) rather than continual closing and devotion of energy to particular pet projects like the thryzn and this new tribe.

That said, I voted to leave everything open.

February 13, 2023, 02:05:30 PM #18 Last Edit: February 13, 2023, 02:53:38 PM by Hestia
I voted for some of the options. That is I do not understand what the point of them is on Zalanthas as a playable tribe. It feels, to me, that a lot of the Delf tribes that have been reopened have had their original core completely neutered. [removed by Hestia] the Red Fangs being the real raiders not a merchanting tribe, etc. A lot of the Lore that made them enjoyable and added to the theme of Armageddon have been taken away. This is not the case for D-Elves only, but a lot of the other clans in the game as well and makes a lot of them feel redundant.

Non-public clan lore needs to remain non-public clan lore, even if the clan is closed or changed - unless the staff says it's okay otherwise. - Hestia
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

I think as long as staff energy is sufficient, keeping things open just gives players more chances to play what they want, when they want it. I've noticed that even having one other place to be really helps with wiping the slate for the next run in the other place :)
Try to be the gem in each other's shit.

I don't think red storm should close.. I think adding a new tribe recently may be a mistake.
"Bring out the gorgensplat!"

Ooph, this is gonna sting...

I voted close everything but Allanak and Tuluk.

I meant the locations, the gathering points more so than the clans themselves.

If you wanna be some tribal whatever, go ahead, but I don't think you should be across the world from everyone.

I think we opened too much, too soon without the playerbase to support it in hopes that "choice" would be enough to raise the player count.

Spoiler, it wasn't.

I'm sure the world is missing people right now like me, because I'm becoming the best Wizard in Hogwarts, but I'll be back.
"This is a game that has elves and magick, stop trying to make it realistic, you can't have them both in the same place."

"We have over 100 Unique Logins a week!" Checks who at 8pm EST, finds 20 other players but himself.  "Thanks Unique Logins!"

Don't close anything

Just encourage people to cycle through a bunch of places instead of going between the same three clans or whatever.

Quote from: HammerofJericho on February 13, 2023, 12:30:07 PM
I think having 1 northern delf tribe,  1 southern delf tribe, and 1 pah/luirs delf tribe is adequate. That's my only vote on it. Otherwise i just think other tribes need to have more reason to interact with the cities and it's solve a good deal of spreading thin issues.

Do the same with the human tribals. There are way too many delf tribes in one area.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Voted for Dune Stalkers and Two Moons.

Two Moons is because they seem to be roughly the elven equivalent of the new human tribe that just opened. Both in the Vrun, likely both under the cities thumb. Just feels like enough overlap to only have one open at a time, and might as well that be the new exciting thing. Also just more human tribes to match the number of elven tribes.

Dune Stalkers is because it seems like they're a clan built around being the sneakiest or best assassins? I'm not even sure, but I do know I've never run into one in game, or if I did I was unable to identify them as a Dune Stalker specifically. Maybe they're a blast to play as, but from outside perspective they're so good at being sneaky it was like they didn't even exist.
3/21/16 Never Forget