6 (6.3%)
Other, will explain
17 (17.9%)
Don't close NUTHIN'
46 (48.4%)

Total Members Voted: 95

Quote from: valeria on February 14, 2023, 08:12:20 AM
Quote from: Delusion on February 13, 2023, 08:15:48 PM
A total of 66 members voted. Only 29 said that nothing should close. That gives a majority, although a slight one, who have indicated they feel there is something that should close, though there is obviously no clear consensus on what.

I realize this thread has turned into something else, but I just want to point out that this is not necessarily true.  Because there was the ability to select more than one thing, some people (like me) may have selected 'don't close anything' but also the thing they would prefer to see closed, if anything.

I see 80 total members having cast a total of 139 votes, with 36 members indicating they don't want to see any change, leaving 44 who do. The total number of respondents is given at the bottom of the results.

If you look at the updated numbers, it looks like most folks don't like desert elves in some fashion.
"This is a game that has elves and magick, stop trying to make it realistic, you can't have them both in the same place."

"We have over 100 Unique Logins a week!" Checks who at 8pm EST, finds 20 other players but himself.  "Thanks Unique Logins!"

This is a good example of why the poll was -obviously- flawed, probably intentionally so:

I am one of the 82 people who voted, just this morning.

Here's how I voted:

Red Storm Village
Player Run area
Any, all of the above outside of Tuluk and Allanak
Other, will explain
Don't close NUTHIN'

So me, one singular voter, wanted both "no change" and "four or more" changes (since "Any" would include a minimum of 1 and a maximum of a couple of dozen clans).

The statistics of this poll have no meaning, at all. Anyone who looks at the options, and recognizes that someone can vote for both "none" and any four of actual requests including "other" and "any" would know this.
Halaster — Today at 10:29 AM
I hate to say this
[10:29 AM]
I'll be quoted
[10:29 AM]
but Hestia is right

Quote from: H182 on February 14, 2023, 03:33:46 AM
I imagine there's a large amount of players, myself included, who generally avoid the forum because we're not interested in reading through the massive amount of absurd complaints and seeing the same niche of often toxic forum members complain about different things over and over.

There's a large amount of people who play the game, and avoid the forum and discord altogether for what are most likely obvious reasons.

Some people just enjoy playing the game. Admins, you are doing a great job with everything.

What H182 said is all true, in BOTH posts. 

I vote we partially close the GDB with the exception of Staff Related, Clan specific, Player Announcements and collaboration, Code Discussion, and OOC Discussion. In addition to this, I would have Quarterly Player/Staff Meetings that give updates from the previous meeting, and as well, the general questions that are asked. Everything else should be able to be handled by the Request tool.
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

Why is this thread even still open?  It's a completely flawed metric.  According to Shabago this entire thread was only made to troll the playerbase.  It's succeeding in causing massive drama and horrible feelings amongst the playerbase.  Also according to Shabago staff aren't actually considering these changes.  The people in these clans have said this thread has made them discouraged to play.  Was there any productive point to this thread?  Why is it open?  This thread was a disaster that did nothing but cause bad feelings and drama all around and waste the time of everyone who contributed.

Quote from: Hestia on February 14, 2023, 11:03:05 AM
This is a good example of why the poll was -obviously- flawed, probably intentionally so:

Here's how I voted:

Red Storm Village
Player Run area
Other, will explain
Don't close NUTHIN'

So me, one singular voter, wanted both "no change" and "four or more" changes (since "Any" would include a minimum of 1 and a maximum of a couple of dozen clans).

The statistics of this poll have no meaning, at all. Anyone who looks at the options, and recognizes that someone can vote for both "none" and any four of actual requests including "other" and "any" would know this.

I don't understand, is that something you're proud of or is just messing up with the poll, as a staff, to also "teach us a lesson"...?
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Quote from: Malken on February 14, 2023, 11:17:18 AM
Quote from: Hestia on February 14, 2023, 11:03:05 AM

Here's how I voted:

Red Storm Village
Player Run area
Other, will explain
Don't close NUTHIN'

I don't understand, is that something you're proud of or is just messing up with the poll, as a staff, to also "teach us a lesson"...?

That's the other thing... staff were actually voting to tilt the poll when it was supposed to be about player feedback.  This thread seriously needs to be closed.  It's done such a huge amount of damage.

Quote from: Bebop on February 14, 2023, 11:15:53 AM
Why is this thread even still open?  It's a completely flawed metric.  According to Shabago this entire thread was only made to troll the playerbase.  It's succeeding in causing massive drama and horrible feelings amongst the playerbase.  Also according to Shabago staff aren't actually considering these changes.  The people in these clans have said this thread has made them discouraged to play.  Was there any productive point to this thread?  Why is it open?  This thread was a disaster that did nothing but cause bad feelings and drama all around and waste the time of everyone who contributed.
Yet here you are...
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Quote from: DesertT on February 14, 2023, 11:41:15 AM
Quote from: Bebop on February 14, 2023, 11:15:53 AM
Yet here you are...

Correct.  Advocating for this thread to be closed.  Good observation.

Lol.  We all shit the bed here.

Close everything. Let me play a Rip Van Winkle halfling.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

This thread is a trainwreck, caused by staff.  I'm sorry this happened, please accept our apologies, this was a mistake.  Shabago has apologized over it (thanks Patuk for posting that in the thread), but it doesn't need to continue.  Locking it.
"I agree with Halaster"  -- Riev