Q&A for New Special App Option - Advanced Start for Byn/Soldier

Started by Halaster, February 12, 2023, 11:34:31 AM

Is this position "open" at all times, or are there only particular time periods it is opened for?
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: mansa on February 12, 2023, 11:35:26 AM
Is this position "open" at all times, or are there only particular time periods it is opened for?

Open at all times.  If you have 1 karma and a Special Application slot available, you can put in a request for this.
"I agree with Halaster"  -- Riev

Are these characters locked into these roles?
i.e.
- are they eligible for promotions?
- could the PC leave the clan in the future if IC developments lead that way?

Q:  Are there a limited number of slots?

A:  For now, no.  If we find the game ridiculously saturated with these, maybe we'll add a limit later.  But since it's SpecApp, I don't think we'll get too many.

Quote from: Obeliskocism on February 12, 2023, 11:38:07 AM
Are these characters locked into these roles?
i.e.
- are they eligible for promotions?
- could the PC leave the clan in the future if IC developments lead that way?

Yes, they are eligible for promotions.

"- Character must remain an active member of the organization for at minimum of 2 Real Life months, actively played.  If the organization has a longer commitment, such as lifesworn, that still applies."  This means that after 2 RL months as a Trooper, you could leave the Byn.  The same is true for the two militias IF they allow you to leave.

Is the "skill boosts" automated or are they done manually?
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: mansa on February 12, 2023, 11:48:59 AM
Is the "skill boosts" automated or are they done manually?

Manually for the moment, I'll work on some automation soonish.

Will they come with basic uniforms and equipment so they can jump right in?

1. Can current PCs use a special app to get skill boost, since this was recently posted, or for NEW characters only?

2. If you have a current pc, and your next PC is an approved special app waiting to be created, can you change it to this option, instead of your original if requested?
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

Quote from: Tailong on February 12, 2023, 11:59:01 AM
Will they come with basic uniforms and equipment so they can jump right in?

Yeah

Quote from: Krath on February 12, 2023, 12:00:29 PM
1. Can current PCs use a special app to get skill boost, since this was recently posted, or for NEW characters only?

2. If you have a current pc, and your next PC is an approved special app waiting to be created, can you change it to this option, instead of your original if requested?

1. No, it's for NEW characters only.
2. Yes, you can change it

Another question:

1. For Role Call Apps for sergeants/Lieutenants or whatever it maybe, will their skills be set higher than this?
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

Quote from: Krath on February 12, 2023, 12:04:46 PM
Another question:

1. For Role Call Apps for sergeants/Lieutenants or whatever it maybe, will their skills be set higher than this?

At the very least, they'll be the same.  Probably a little higher, though we're still talking about that.  But at the least, the same.

Will leaders be informed about these transfers? I can imagine, especially in the AoD, some headsup would be useful.
Try to be the gem in each other's shit.

Quote from: zealus on February 12, 2023, 12:15:01 PM
Will leaders be informed about these transfers? I can imagine, especially in the AoD, some headsup would be useful.

Depends.  When they introduce themselves to the clan, yeah, that's the headsup.  I don't foresee us telling sergeants beforehand, unless it becomes an issue?

If the Life Oath applies and after my 2 months I run off will I be stored?

Why do the heavy combat classes get sick boosts and the light combat get almost nothing in comparison?
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

For the Byn/Legions, are can one app for a dwarf, breed, or an city elf?

I know that they are mundanes, but I want to check.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

As far as I know, Privates have the life oath.

Will this be altered to maybe 5 years or so?

Maybe two?
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Quote from: Barsook on February 12, 2023, 12:31:54 PM

- Character cannot be a mul, a half-giant, nor any kind of mage or psionicist.  This is for pure mundanes only.  Normal racial restrictions apply based on the organization.

Quote from: Krath on February 12, 2023, 12:20:06 PM
If the Life Oath applies and after my 2 months I run off will I be stored?

No, but you'll suffer IC consequences.

Quote from: Bogre on February 12, 2023, 12:26:03 PM
Why do the heavy combat classes get sick boosts and the light combat get almost nothing in comparison?
The light combat don't get "almost nothing" by any means, you should probably reread that announcement.

That said, it's to simulate that heavy combat gain combat skills faster than light combat.

Quote from: Barsook on February 12, 2023, 12:31:54 PM

Yes, as long as the Byn allows them (which it does)

Quote from: DesertT on February 12, 2023, 12:35:15 PM
As far as I know, Privates have the life oath.

Will this be altered to maybe 5 years or so?

Maybe two?

That's really another discussion whether or not we change that.  I don't know, offhand.