Is there a new mechanic?

Started by Pariah, November 19, 2022, 12:45:50 PM

I saw an NPC that's offering lessons in a very public area that almost everyone probably sees.

Is there some new or old mechanic I didn't know about or forgot to interact with them or is that just flavor text?
"This is a game that has elves and magick, stop trying to make it realistic, you can't have them both in the same place."

"We have over 100 Unique Logins a week!" Checks who at 8pm EST, finds 20 other players but himself.  "Thanks Unique Logins!"

There is a new mechanic to draw out a sparring partner.

The command is
>ready <group>

An NPC will pop out and attack you, and may kill you if you don't flee.   They automatically disengage when they get their health low.

This new mechanic is limited to clans.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

The one in question - if it's at a certain southern tavern, is just an ldesc to reflect her avocation.  Like "a scrawny slave lumbers down the road carrying a sack of hides" or "a street urchin is here begging coins from passersby"
Halaster — Today at 10:29 AM
I hate to say this
[10:29 AM]
I'll be quoted
but Hestia is right

Quote from: Hestia on November 19, 2022, 01:10:55 PM
The one in question - if it's at a certain southern tavern, is just an ldesc to reflect her avocation.  Like "a scrawny slave lumbers down the road carrying a sack of hides" or "a street urchin is here begging coins from passersby"

Appreciate the fast answer, I was just like, Ohh did that make a way to learn cooking without burning hundreds of things!?  Got a little excited.
"This is a game that has elves and magick, stop trying to make it realistic, you can't have them both in the same place."

"We have over 100 Unique Logins a week!" Checks who at 8pm EST, finds 20 other players but himself.  "Thanks Unique Logins!"

Quote from: Pariah on November 19, 2022, 01:12:51 PM
Quote from: Hestia on November 19, 2022, 01:10:55 PM

Appreciate the fast answer, I was just like, Ohh did that make a way to learn cooking without burning hundreds of things!?  Got a little excited.

Sorry, no. You must burn all the things.
Halaster — Today at 10:29 AM
I hate to say this
I'll be quoted
but Hestia is right